• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 2,020 Views, 131 Comments

I am Cinema! (Aka Educating Ponies on Real Entertainment) - Quake98



A human being shows characters from MLP the wonders of Modern Entertainment....Oh boy.

  • ...
5
 131
 2,020

A new King is Born(The Lion King)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFvthzy294

Nants ingonyama
Bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm
Ingonyama
ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama
Nengw’ enamabala
Ingonyama
Nengw
Enamabala (X8)

Before the song had even really began anyone would have been able to tell that the movie would have Zecora’s undivided attention from just how attentive her posture was, ears angled forward and eyes staring unblinkingly at the screen. It was kinda worrisome at first seeing her so focused on something with such intensity. My uneasy feeling was replaced with relief as Zecora was bobbing her head softly side to side with the rhythm of the resonating chorus. She even got teary eyed when she saw how beautiful each animal was depicted in the sunrise’s rays, from a rhino grazing on the savanna, meerkats standing on their hind legs, a cheetah surveying the savanna on a hill with all the pride predatory cats all have, to then have the scene change to look at three marabou storks standing in an oasis for a couple of seconds before they took flight into the open sky. A second later the scene shifted to see a whole flock of those same storks fly over a majestic waterfall, it’s untamed beauty, a warm orange in color, by the sun’s rays. The next animal that was shown was a herd of elephants, walking in a densely foggy part of the savanna, while above them rose a flat-topped mountain, the peak colored a vivid orange and the rest of the mountain was in the shade, giving the rest of the mountain a purplish hue. The very next scene, the one with the huge flock of flamingos flying over a river reflecting the sun's light, actually made Zecora gasp in awe from how vibrant the the colors were. After the flamingos flight, gazelles were shown to be prancing in a tall grassy area that was still veiled in the heavy fog, the colors of the scene a much more subtle shading of blue, a light green and a bit of orange near the top. The scene once again shifts to a mother giraffe and her young calf walking up a lush green hill where the sun's light made the calf close it's eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. Once the calf's eyes adjusted it looked out to the green savanna where other giraffes and elephants were traveling together in a herd. While all of that was happening the song started.

From the day we arrive on the planet,
and blinking, step into the sun.
There's more to see than can ever be seen,
More to do than can ever be done

This was actually a part I was looking forward to seeing, the whole ants running across a tree then it focuses onto the zebra herd in the back ground. Definitely not disappointed because Zecora looked at the zebras with confusion clearly painted on her face. Can't really blame her, I mean the zebra would look very weird to any zebra that lived in this world. What I wasn't expecting was what she said next.

"I must say it's unusual, to see my fellow zebras look so...Bestial," The way that she said was so blunt that it made my jaw drop in utter shock. 'Apparently Zecora can spit out some fiery insults when she wants to,' this caused me to frown slightly, 'I thought she was pretty accepting in the show, even when the ponies were kinda being pricks to her before they even got to know her. What happened to make Zecora...Darker, I better ask her about it later.' Shrugging it off for later, Zecora and I resume watching the movie where a group of african guinea fowl, the little blue birds that were running away from the elephants, and the song continued.

There's far too much to take in here,
More to find than can ever be found

But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on an endless round

Zecora was definitely confused on why the animals gathered around Pride Rock and how Mufasa, the lion with a red mane, was standing on the said rock kinda like the king he was. She was especially confused when Zazu, a redbill hornbill, Bowed to Mufasa and Mufusa nodded to Zazu with a small smile. She looked like she was about to ask me what was happening until everyone’s favorite mandrill shaman, Rafiki, with his staff in tow
, walked in between the crowd of animals towards Mufasa. His importance, apparently so great, made the animals move apart so they don’t hinder his progress. Her confusion at it’s peak, turned to me and opened her mouth, but was stopped by me gesturing for her to stop.

“You’ll see what’s going on soon enough Zecora, just hold your hor-“ I stopped to reconsider my statement, after all, pretty sure Zecora wouldn’t understand/like that old saying. “Just hold on.”

She begrudgingly listened and turned back to the Tv.

It's the Circle of Life,
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love
Till we find our peace
On the path unwinding

In the Circle,
The Circle of Life

Right before the singing took a break Rafiki climbed the rock to be in front of Mufasa, whose kind smile seemed to only grow in warmth when he saw Rafiki. Mufasa and Rafiki, with familiarity only being old friends could ever have, hugged each other. Once they were done hugging, both of them turned to look at Sarabi, who was in a cave in the rock structure and held something small in her fore-legs. Her smile was just as big, if not bigger than, Mufasa’s when she saw Rafiki. Both the male lion and mandrill walked into the cave, where Mufasa lovingly rubs his head against Sarabi’s head, who reciprocated the loving touch. After that Sarabi looked down at the orange lump of fur in her forelegs and gently licked it. Mufasa drew closer to his mate and smiled down lovingly at the orange fur ball as it turned to show it’s face. It was little Simba, in all of his newborn cub cuteness! I don’t care what anyone might say, Simba as newborn is beyond adorable! Zecora most-likely agreed with me if the soft aww at seeing him was any indication. That, and her observation she voiced aloud while looking at me.

“For a predator know for it’s ferocity, their cub appear to be little a cutie.” Grinning, I nodded in agreement to her assessment.

“You definitely aren’t wrong with that, but you better pay attention or you may miss something.” Zecora eyes widened worriedly and whipped her head back to the Tv.

It was just in time to see Rafiki using the fruits attached to his staff to play with the small cub, who tries to bat at it with his big paws, for a couple of seconds. Rafiki then took one the fruits and cracked it open above his head, with the sun in the background and it’s juices flowing out.
Putting down the one half in his left hand, he took the other half in his right hand and put his thumb slightly into the fruit, it’s juices sticking to it. With the same thumb Rafiki ran his thumb gently across Simba’s head, leaving a mark on his head. Once that was completed he took a hand full of nearby dirt and sprinkled it gently on top of Simba’s head which made him sneeze. This caused both Sarabi and Mufasa to smile and lovingly rub heads together. Rafiki proceeded to gently take the cub from Sarabi into his arms. He smiled at them both as he gently carried the cub away, Mufasa beaming in joy and Sarabi’s smile was a small and contented one. The scene that followed showed Rafiki going to where Mufasa was not too long ago, the nerds of different animals looking up to the baboon with barely withheld anticipation. Zecora most of felt it too because she was edging dangerously close to the edge of her seat. Then when Rifiki held Simba aloft in the sun’s light, the animals erupted into noises of excitement that gave segway for the song to return with much gusto.

It’s the Circle of Life,
And it moves us all

The first to give their cheers were the elephants, trumpeting out their approval. The monkeys gave their cheers next, their whooping cries clearly heard even amid the other animals. And once again the Zebra herd was given scene time, scuffing the earth and giving forth their own crys.

I was expecting all of this due to having seen the movie plenty of times before, but I never watched the movie with a zebra before. So being startled by Zecora suddenly making the same noise as the zebras in the movie was perfectly understandable. Grabbing the remote and pausing the movie I turned to look at Zecora, who was blushing a bright cheery red and also covering her mouth with her forehooves.

“Zecora... Was that you?” I asked just to clarify if it wasn’t her in case. She mutely nodded her head before lowering her hooves. While avoiding eye contact by looking down at the ground she answered,

“While it’s embarrassing to admit, in deed it was I who did it. The excitement of the moment was very intoxicating, for me not to answer my kinds calling.” Poor Zecora looked so embarrassed at her outburst that it was impossible for me to not comfort her.

“Hey, it’s ok. We all do weird things when the heat of the moment goes to your head. So don’t worry about it. Heck,” I grinned at her with an air of levity, “ I, of all people, would know what that feels like.” Seeing that Zecora wasn’t blushing as hard I scratched behind her ears, instantly relaxing her. “So don’t be embarrassed ok?” After about a minute I stopped scratching her ears and she looked at me a smile

“Thank you my friend, my embarrassment has come to an end. Now I wish to see the movie some more, as I don’t want to continue to bore you.” She said this happily but kept in mind to being up the whole ‘bore’ thing later. But happily to oblige, the movie was turned back on.

Through despair
And hope,
Through faith
And love

While that part of the song of playing, the scene was shifted to behind Simba as the perspective rotates around him until it’s facing his front. Then as if to say the very heavens approved of him, the clouds parted enough to allow a single ray of sunlight to shine upon him, still be aloft by Rafiki.

Till we find our
Place
On the path
Unwinding

When the ray of sunlight shone upon Simba, all of the animals down below bowed down to him. Cementing his future as being the next king of all the animals.

In the Crircle,
The Circle of Life

The scene slowly panned out showing Rafiki holding Simba above his head with Mufasa and Sarabi standing behind the mandrill. As the scene continued to pan out, Pride Rock was shown in its full majesty, with the sun shining down on it and the other animals as they stayed bowed down. Then when the song reached it’s final crescendo, the title of the movie was finally shown on a black screen with it’s letters colored in a vivid red. Then just as quickly as they appeared they vanished. Grinning I relaxed into the couch with my arms behind my head, ‘And it now begins.’

Author's Note:

Ok, just a heads up. I don’t plan on typing out every little thing in the movie, as that would take forever. I will go over key scenes and summarize the smaller ones. I will type out songs in there entirety also so don’t worry about those being skimmed over. And the hardest thing to do in this chapter was trying to find out all the species of animals in the background/main characters.
Final note; Disclaimer, I don't hold any rights on Disney songs/characters, only the idea of this fiction is of my own.