• Published 11th Mar 2018
  • 3,524 Views, 122 Comments

It All Started With A Big Bang - Cipher800



In a surpise turn of events, Bowser's Galaxy Reactor malfunctioned and reset the universe, with Bowser being the only survivor of the cataclysm. But what would happen if he landed in Equestria after this? Read this story to find out what will happen.

  • ...
4
 122
 3,524

Taste the Blizzard

Stupid little ponies, they dragged me here just to see a baby, only to be shocked that it had a horn and wings. Pitiful, that's what these horses are. They should've been more shocked about say, an extra eye or no back legs. I slammed the door behind me, ignoring the wild horse hootenanny inside. I thought about everything I lost as I walked through the palace, but the past is past, and I'm sure I will not be able to go that far, even with my time magic. It just cannot work that way.

I walked across the courtyard without any aim, looking around. Turns out, the Crystal Empire really suited the crystal part, but why can you call it an empire? Either it's just a city-state, or the ponies purposefully distort their maps to make themselves look big. It was not that bad to me because it was less girly and more majestic, but either way, ponies. They weren't like the ones I saw at the hospital, all of them were earth ponies with a overall crystalline appearance.

Overall, the journey was pretty boring, to me at least. Until that fateful moment when dark, angry storm clouds flew overhead. The crystal ponies lost their, well, crystal, and started panicking as a fresh blanket of pure white snow is falling upon us at a fast rate.

"Great, a blizzard. And just in time for the holidays." I said, more bored than scared. To be honest, of of any of the blizzards I've been through, this one was more volatile. The two tall ones from before, the ones with the flowing manes, those things came flying into the sky and began shooting lasers at the upcoming blizzard. Sure, they shot a few clouds, but the dark blizzard was too large.

"Alright, what is going on here!" I said as I saw a horde of ponies run towards the palace. Staying in the shadows, I saw a few ponies and that lizard get together and then go into the heart of the palace. Unfortunately for me, I fell into a bunch of snow, almost giving me their attention. As soon as I thought they were away, I followed them.

At the center of the palace, Twilight was taking notes or something on a scroll with a quill, accompanied by a pink alicorn and a bunch of broken shards to something.

"Uh, I think that's everything..." Twilight said as she transfered the letter to the pink alicorn, apparently named Mi Amore Cadenza, or simply Cadence for short.

"It looks right to me, but... there's only one way to find out!" Cadence said as she walked away from the area. Twilight let a beam loose from her horn and attracted the pieces together in a heart shape. Apparently, their magic can only go out through their horns. If they don't have a horn, no magic, and with no magic, no way to escape their kidnapping. I'm a genius, but back to the topic. Cadenza went in and helped Twilight hold the pieces together. When they thought they were done, they released it, but it broke back into shards. Weak.

"The spell failed. I don't know what else to do." Twilight said. I was just about to jump out of the curtains and pounce on Twilight to destroy her horn so I can kidnap her properly, when suddenly, the group came in.

"There goes my chance." I said quietly as the Mane Six, Starlight, an orange unicorn male, and the two other princesses go inside.

"An old sutdent of mine believes he does." the white pony said. The orange unicorn stared at the broken remains of crystal.

"The baby did this!?" he said in shock. Really, a baby did this. Again, this place is weak, and too easy to take over. Boy, they won't know what hit 'em once I take over Equestria and transform it into my liking, right before I likely change them entirely. Twilight was about to say something when the orange one completed the alicorn's sentence for her.

"The spell of Relic Reconstitution. No, that won't do it. The Crystal Heart's been around for millennia. Restoring a relic like this is way beyond one spell. You need to combine it with something else. Something unique to the relic itself. Something that strengthens it and provides it with power...?"

"The Crystalling!" Twilight said in realization. Apparently, they'll be trying to combine reparing this so-called 'Crystal Heart' with their little 'Crystalling' event. Everyone fled back outside while Twilight, Starlight, and the two wave-haired alicorns began releasing powerful beams at the shards of the Crystal Heart, pulling them together. Welp, time to check on the other side.

Well, on that side, I focused outward to the heart-shaped podium. Why does everything have to have hearts in this equine wasteland!?

Both Cadence and Shining Armor kissed their baby before uniting their magical auras and lifting their child into the air.

"Citizens! May I present the newest member of the Crystal Empire!" the orange unicorn said as the baby alicorn opened her wings. It seems as if their names (mostly) mirror their but tattoos, or their talents, or other things among that. When the crystal ponies touched the ground, the streets lit up. The orange unicorn touched a shard onto the floor, and it absorbed all the energy.

"Welp, I know how this goes." I said as I closed my eyes. Right on que, a shockwave of pure energy removed all the snow and the climate began warming back up, and everyone turned into living crystal.


Now, we are back at the train station, in which a dark blue stallion and a white and purple female, both unicorns, walked out. I turned out to be the only one not turned into crystal, not that anyone noticed. They both turned out to be Twilight and Shining's parents.

"You would not believe the crazy weather that delayed our train. Came out of nowhere." the male unicorn, Nightlight, said. I rolled my eyes at the statement as I crossed my gold-scaled arms and snorted.

"But it was all worth it to see this peaceful little angel! Awww, so sweet! Come to your grandmare!" the female, who was also coincidentally named Twilight, said as the little creature giggled. It then started to inhale like it was going to sneeze. Everyone except for me and both couples ran off as the baby sneezed.

"We have Sunburst to thank for that." Shining Armor said.

"I hope he takes his role as Crystaller seriously. Something tells me the baby will need a pony like him to look to for magical advice."

"Cadence, darling, aren't we gonna name the poor little dear, or are we gonna spend our entire visit just calling her "the baby"?" the other Twilight: Twilight Velvet said.

"We were thinking... "Flurry Heart"." Cadence said.

"You know, to remember the occasion." Shining Armor said.

"Yeah, because how can anyone forget this, I was there, too." I said as I went for the ugly-looking train that we unfortunately have to be riding in, soon to be followed by the rest of the group, with a few exceptions of course.

As I sat in the seat, Twilight and Spike came in on the same car.

"What's wrong?" Spike said.

"I don't know, Spike. I think I have a lot to learn about being a teacher." Twilight said

"What are you talking about? Your lesson went perfectly! Starlight and Sunburst got over their past and rekindled their friendship!"

"No thanks to me. I know a lot happened. I just wish I could have given my pupil the attention she deserves." Twilight said, still looking as sad as ever.

"Well, I know she needed to be put on the right path, but giving her the space to make her own decisions worked pretty well. Isn't that how Celestia taught you?" Spike said. In that moment, Twilight gained confidence and smiled.

"You know, I never thought about it! But I guess it is!" Twilight said as Starlight said goodbye to her friend.

"Maybe you're a better teacher than you thought." Spike said as the train whistle blew and my ride back to where I'm staying began at last. Gotta tell you, the ride showed me that the landscape was extremely similar, yet so different.

Yes, there were rocks, trees and bodies of water, but it didn't look anything special to me, just plain flat terrain accompanied by giant mountains. There were no pits placed at random and implausible locations just waiting for someone to fall in. No moving or floating terrain was seen for miles. There were no golden question mark blocks just waiting to eject whatever treasure inside when someone whacks them hard enough. Not even a single green pipe sat in the landscape.

This is definitely a new world and not another part of my old one, since the universe reset.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to the world of sleep.

Author's Note:

Alright, so, yeah. This chapter and the one before it was basically the entire Crystalling episode, but with some alterations to fit the story. Now, as for the timeline of the alternate Mario world that is no more thanks to the galactic conquest, it's down below the line.


Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong 96
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Island DS
Partners in Time (past)
Yoshi's Story
Wrecking Crew (classical)
Yoshi's Tospy-Turvy
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Luigi's Mansion
Superstar Saga
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Partners in Time (present)
Bowser's Inside Story
Super Princess Peach
Dream Team
Super Mario Galaxy


And now, this story. Sorry if I did not place any more of these games in, I was trying to shorten the timeline for reasons. Anywho, I'll place my official Mario Timeline as a blog, and I'll place a link in the first chapter published after the blog. It'll be free to use as your very own in your fanfics. Toodles!