• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 767 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 767

Chapter 25: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Pinkie Pie hummed happily as she moved the cake that was to be presented at the Castalot Sweets Showcase. However, she wasn't alone in her moving efforts. "You doing alright there Akage?"

"Just fine Pinkie." Akage replied from the other side of the cake. Making sure to watch his step as he needed to walk backwards to help with the moving. "Sweet Celestia. The Cakes really outdid themselves with the MMMM, didn't they?" He then chuckled when a sudden realization hit him. "You know? I'm surprised that you didn't try and sneak a sample or anything like that. Normally you go crazy over sweets."

Pinkie Pie gasped! "Akage Strider! I am SHOCKED that you'd think I would desecrate such a masterpiece as the MMMM!" The Element of Laughter then gazed at the massive cake before her with a look of reverence in her eyes. "The Cakes put their hearts into this, and I refused to let them down. ESPECIALLY since I made a Pinkie Promise."

"That's quite commendable Pinkie." Akage said with a smile. The young ninja smiled as he looked to the rest of the Main 6 chatting. "And the best part is, you've got your friends to cheer you along the way." However, his face soon dawned a puzzled expression. "But could you please tell me why Burst, Ty, and Steel are coming along too?"

Pinkie giggled. "Oh that's obvious silly! I want the MMMM to have the best security possible! Sooo, if I have the Element of Power, the Tank of your guys' team, AND the former captain of the Elite Guard, any meanie-pants looking to sabotage the cake is gonna get their butt kicked!"

"Trust us. We think it's overkill too." Steel Edge said with a sigh. "But it means a lot to Pinkie. So we don't mind doing it. C'mon Ty. Maybe we can give these two a break and take care of the heavy lifting." Tyrannus Rex nodded, and helped Steel gently transport the cake into the display car.

Burst Stream was about to follow suit when he saw the engine connected to the train. "Hm?" As he walked over, Burst noticed a bright yellow number one painted onto the engine's blue coat. "Whoa. Didn't expect to see something like this anytime soon." Burst continued to inspect the engine. "I swear I remember this from my childhood. . ."

"I see you've got an eye for fine engines." The driver said with a smile. "Yep. Number 1 here's really useful. But as much as I'd love to stay and chat about trains, we've got somewhere to be." The driver blew his whistle. Burst could've sworn he saw a slight sparkle of gold dust before he shook it off and boarded the train.

While Pinkie Pie was pretty sure her cake would win the competition, each of the other competitors waved-off the notion. Each proclaiming that their sweets would win. "Gee. Each of them sound so serious." Pinkie Pie whispered to Akage.

"And you're not?" Akage asked with a small smile. "I'm not fooled by that bubbly demeanor you have. You're all business in the kitchen. Nobody knows because you hide it pretty well."

Pinkie gasped! "How did you know that?! Is it some sort of ninja technique?!"

"No. Nothing like that Pinkie." Akage said with a chuckle. "But when you're trained in the ways of stealth and secrecy, you tend to learn how to read people without them knowing you're observing them. And you put your all when you want to make someone smile. That's something the world seriously needs to do more. It's probably why I'm the Element of Levity. I always make light of any situation because I want people to know that things are going to turn out alright."

"Awww~!" Pinkie cooed as she glomped Akage! "I knew I liked you when we first met! I could just tell you're someone who liked to make others smile and be happy! Even if you are kinda quiet. But silent smiles speak the loudest!"

Akage smiled at Pinkie's praise. "Thanks Pinkie. This moment's right up there when I saw you devour your Hearth's Warming present I gave you." Akage sighed fondly at the memory of Pinkie polishing off his cookie assortment he'd made for her. I wonder if she'll scarf down any of the other food I'm good at preparing?

As the trip to Castalot went on, night soon fell and both sets of Elements went to bed. However, a certain ninja had taken it upon himself to stand guard over the various desserts set to compete. This cake means a lot to Pinkie. I can't afford to let anything happen to it. Akage's training had granted him an impressive amount of stamina. Meaning he could afford to stay awake longer than his fellow Elements of Heroism. However, while ninjas had excellent senses and excelled at blending in with the shadows, Akage did not possess night vision.

Akage had adopted a sitting position, and closed his eyes. Feigning a sleeping position. Sure enough, he heard footsteps. Akage grasped the scabbard of his sword. Don't want to wound them. Just bonk them on the head! Akage leaped in the direction of where he heard the footsteps, and struck the would-be saboteur! However, the young ninja suddenly heard more footsteps and what sounded like grabbing chunks of cake! Akage dashed towards the other two dessert vandals, and managed to whack their hands with his scabbard! Unfortunately, Akage's change of target allowed his prior target to scurry off nursing a bump on their head. "I'm sure the damage isn't that bad."

The next morning, Akage was proved quite wrong. "AHHHH!" Pinkie screamed when she caught sight of the ravaged MMMM. "AKAGE! WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?! I thought you could see in the dark!"

"Pinkie. . . that's not how my skills work." Akage said with a sigh. "But that aside, it appears the dark of the night concealed the damage done to the cake. However, there is a silver lining to this. I bonk one of the culprits on the head. Now all we need to do is look for anyone who's nursing the top of their head. Shouldn't be too hard. Not to mention that I also whacked the other two vandals on their hands. Also, I've got a possible lineup of suspects." Akage listed off the other bakers who were on the train for the competition. "Gather up those three, and we're sure to find the saboteur in no time."

Pinkie Pie pouted. "Aww. But I was all set to do a detective bit and drag Twilight along as my assistant. I guess this is gonna be a short episode. Oh well!" Pinkie Pie bounced away, and soon returned with the other competitors. "Hey Akage? Can I rub their heads to see which one has the bump?"

"That won't be necessary." Akage said with a shrug. "I made a pretty noticeable bump. It shouldn't be hard to-" Suddenly, the train passed through a tunnel! When it came out, another one of the sweets had been munched away at! "What the heck?!" Akage inspected the desecrated dessert. "Odd. It looks like the cake wasn't the only dish someone wanted out of the competition."

Pinkie Pie gasped. "That means the culprit's still in this car!" She then put on a detective hat and started inspecting around the car. "Whoever did this sure knew how to clean up after themselves. I can't find a single trail of crumbs!" Pinkie then turned her gaze to the lineup. "Aha! I know who it is! It's-!" Once more, the train went through a tunnel. And once again, another dessert had been ransacked! "Sweet Celestia! It's like the culprit's trying to make sure there's not gonna be a competition at all!"

"At this rate, it looks like there's not going to be any sweets left." Twilight noted as she looked over to the ruined sweets. "Also, it looks like whoever sabotaged the desserts really enjoyed taking a bite out of them. Literally."

Akage stroked his chin in thought. He shot a quick glance over to the other bakers, and noted the looks in their eyes as well as the way two nursed their hands and one their head. And as Akage did so, a small smile spread across his face. "I'd say they're still thinking about it Twilight. In fact, you could say the evidence is written all over their faces!" He then struck a pose, and pointed at the three other bakers! "Isn't that right you three?!"

All three admitted to sneaking a bite from the others' dessert and each of them regretting that they'd damaged such delicious sweets. But the one they regretted damaging most of all was Pinkie Pie's cake. "Gee. If you wanted to see how tasty the MMMM was, all you had to do was ask!" Pinkie Pie said with a smile. "But now we've got nothing to present since all our individual dishes are wrecked."

"Maybe we don't need four individual dishes." Akage said with a snap of his fingers. "Pinkie! Remember that Ultimate Dessert Fusion recipe you dreamed of?"

Pinkie Pie blinked. "Yeah. What do you mean by that Akage?" She then gasped at what Akage was hinting at. And Pinkie Pie couldn't help but grin ear to ear. "Time to make it a reality!" And within the duration of the train ride, the remains of the ransacked desserts had been transformed into a singular, whole mega-dessert! Needless to say, such a dish earned all the bakers a collective trophy.

Akage was hanging back with the others and had just polished off a piece of the mega-dessert when he noticed Pinkie Pie coming his way. "So how does victory taste?"

"Pretty sweet!" Pinkie Pie said with a giggle. "But not as sweet as you were guarding the MMMM last night. And coming up with the idea to fuse the desserts!"

Akage smiled. "Well, you get pretty good at improvising when you have my kind of training. But you're the one that dreamed up the ultimate dessert fusion. So this is really all you."

"Aww~! Thanks Akage!" Pinkie Pie said as she beamed with pride. "You know? I think a guy like you deserves a reward just as sweet as you are."

Akage chuckled at this. "You sure? I don't want to spoil my appetite by having dessert for dinner."

Pinkie Pie giggled at hearing this. "Oh don't worry! It's nothing like that! Just close your eyes Akage! I promise you'll be pretty surprised by it!"

"If you say so." Akage said as he closed his eyes. It was then that he felt another set of lips pressing against his! As Akage opened his eyes, they went wide at the sight of Pinkie Pie kissing him! As soon as Pinkie's lips parted from his, Akage let out a sigh. "Real funny Pinkie."

Pinkie Pie giggled, and leaned in closer to Akage. Her eyes were half-lidded. "Oh there's nothing funny about this Akage~!" She said in a flirty tone. Akage's whole face turned as red as his hair the second Pinkie said that. "You're someone I want to get really serious with. Hope you know what our perfect first date will be! PINKAGE CONFIRMED!"

And with that, Pinkie Pie bounced off in her usual cheerful and bubbly demeanor. Leaving an utterly shocked Akage in her trail.

Author's Note:

The Thomas reference is dedicated to my good friend the Asper Pariah. Rock the Dragon buddy!