• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 767 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 767

Episode 17: Nervous Rex

Tyrannus Rex was nervous. It had been a long while since he and Fluttershy had kissed at the Grand Gala, and even longer since she'd invited him to stay with her. While it was no secret that the two were an item now, they had still failed to do the one thing that would cement them as a couple. They hadn't gone out on a date yet.

I don't really think I can say that the gala counts. Tyrannus thought to himself as munched on his sandwich (which Fluttershy had been adamant on preparing for him. That's when we officially decided to be a couple. I know that I should ask her out, but I've never had any experience with having a girlfriend. Tyrannus scratched his head upon polishing off his meal. Hmm. Inferno and Steel are dating Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Then there's Burst who's dating Princess Celestia. Maybe they could be of some help? Tyrannus sighed and looked at a picture of Fluttershy smiling on his phone. "She's pretty delicate. Asking her straight away would probably make her faint."

Tyrannus sighed. "Well. Better get that advice." He headed over to Carousel Boutique, took a deep breath, and threw the door open. "RARITY! I NEED TO BORROW INFERNO!"

Inferno was sitting with Sweetiebelle while Rarity was working. That is, until Tyrannus's unexpected visit nearly made him fly into the ceiling. "Ty? What're y-WHOA!" Inferno was soon yanked by his shirt and dragged outside by Tyrannus! Inferno tried to fly away, but Tyrannus's grip was too strong. "Ty what's the matter?! You just busted into Rarity's boutique and dragged me out! This isn't like you!"

"Oh. Sorry!" Tyrannus immediately let go and helped Inferno up before dusting him off. "It's just, I've got a really big problem with Fluttershy and I needed the help of someone who already has a girlfriend."

Inferno tilted his head in confusion. "What problem could the two of you possibly have? In my case it's just waiting for Rarity to perfect her appearance. But that's trivial. So what's your deal?"

"I don't know how to ask her out on a date." Tyrannus said flatly. "And before you say anything, no. The Grand Gala doesn't count because that's when we became a couple."

Inferno scratched his head. "Hmm. Well, just ask her I guess. She's comfortable around you, isn't she? So problem solved. No need to worry about it at all."

"Thanks Inferno." Tyrannus said with a sigh of relief. "And to think all it took was Rarity being manipulated by Night Terror to get you to ask her out."

Inferno blinked. "Uh, Ty? Rarity asked ME out first." And that's when he heard it. The sound of what heard like the entire world shattering. The center of the noise being Tyrannus with a blank expression. "Ty? Hey, you in there buddy?" Inferno waved his hand in front of Tyrannus's face. "Ty. Please answer. You're scaring me."

". . . I have to go." With that, Tyrannus zipped off to find Steel Edge. He didn't have to search too far as Steel and Rainbow Dash were out on a date already. "Steel!" Tyrannus called out. "Oh thank Celestia I found you! Look. This is really important and can't wait."

Steel hardened his face. "What is it Ty? Is it the mutant changelings again? I owe them some payback for trying to waste you guys!" He then looked to Rainbow Dash and smiled. "But more than that, the wasp one signed his own death wish for trying to off my girlfriend."

"What? No! Nothing like that!" Tyrannus said as he shook his head. "I need to know which of you asked the other out first! It's vital to Fluttershy and I's relationship!"

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Well, neither of us really asked the other out. We just kinda asked if we wanted to do something with each other, and made a date out of it."

"Figures the chill guy of our group would have the most chill way of getting a date." Tyrannus said with a sigh. "Thanks for telling me. But I think I'm just gonna sit and think about what I've done today." Tyrannus walked over to a nearby bench, and sat down with his head lowered in shame. So much for getting dating advice. He then began pulling at his hair. "AGH! Why is this so difficult?! I deal with possible death on a daily basis! I should be able to handle asking my girlfriend out no problem."

"Ty?" Burst Stream asked as he approached him. Ty opened his mouth to answer, but it was promptly shut with a spoonful of ice cream courtesy of Burst. "Better?"

Tyrannus nodded before swallowing the ice cream. "Uh huh." He then took the ice cream as Burst handed it to him. "Inferno told you about me dragging him out and bursting into Carousel Boutique, didn't he?"

"Yeah. Said you were going crazy over how to ask out Fluttershy." Burst said with a nod. "So. How's you're search for advice been turning out so far?"

Tyrannus sighed as he ate another spoonful of ice cream. "Miserable. I've asked both Inferno and Steel and that's gotten me nowhere! The only one of our team left who has a girlfriend is you Burst. And you're dating one of our rulers! You probably have to make some sort of huge elaborate plan just to even approach her!"

"Heh! Not as much as you'd think. AND, I do have some good advice for you Ty." Burst said with a smile. "You wanna hear it?" Tyrannus nodded eagerly. "Good. My advice: Just be you. Don't try to make some elaborate plan or put on this air of presentation. If you're really comfortable around the person you love, then you shouldn't need to be anyone except for who you are."

Tyrannus slowly smiled. "Thanks Burst. That being said, I need to go see Fluttershy." Tyrannus headed back to Fluttershy's cottage. "Hi Flutters."

"Oh. Hello Ty." Fluttershy greeted with a warm smile. "How's my gentle giant doing?"

Tyrannus blushed at Fluttershy's pet name for him. "I'm good, but I could be better. And I think you could be the one to help with that." Tyrannus gulped. "Would you. . . like to go out with me tonight?"

Fluttershy hovered over to Tyrannus, and flapped her wings so she could cup his face with her hands. "Yes." She said with a cute smile. She then promptly giggled when Tyrannus pulled her into a big hug. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it? I was wondering whether I'd have to ask you."

Their date went off perfectly. Especially considering the two managed to sneak in a kiss while eating some pasta. Tyrannus was about to go to bed on the couch like usual, but stopped when he spotted Fluttershy waiting for him in her bedroom. "Um, I wouldn't mind us getting close. If it's alright with you that is." Tyrannus smiled as he laid down next to her, and Fluttershy smiled as she snuggled up next to him. However, her face went red when she noticed that he slept shirtless. "Oh my. . ."

Author's Note:

Just some cute FlutterTy to meet the required sweet moments.