• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 762 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 762

Episode 32: Flowery Following

The alarm clock on Venus Bloomer's room blared as soon as it was seven a.m., and the slumbering Element of Spirit promptly hit the snooze button. Venus stretched, and yawned. "Monday morning." He said with a sigh. "Time to face what my job has in store for me today."

Venus Bloomer loved his job at the flower shop. He enjoyed working there, and pleasing people with floral arrangements. It was his co-workers that were the problem. Why? The answer greeted his as soon as he entered the shop. "Morning, Lily. Daisy. Rose."

"Hi Venus~!" All three flower shop girls said in a flirty tone. Ever since Venus had started work at the flower shop, all three girls had taken note of his dashing good looks.

Venus decided not to acknowledge the three, and went straight to overviewing the various flower arrangements. As he got to the rose arrangements, who else but Rose should slide on up to him. "Rose. You don't need to help me out with this."

"Oh I'm not trying to get in your way." Rose said with a giggle. "I just thought you'd like to know the difference between me and the flowers I'm named for." She then shot a flirty smile at Venus. "I'm far less prickly."

Venus sighed, and put on a smile. "I'll say. You're certainly gave me a friendly welcome this morning and every time I've come into work prior." Out of the corner of his eye, Venus noticed Rose get shoved to the side by Lily Valley. Great. Ever since I got this job, they've been flirting with me non-stop! Heck, they even said I look prettier than them! I can't help but worry that they might try sniffing my hair when they think I won't notice!

Another quick glance over his shoulder gave Venus a quick peek at the three girls bickering over which of them stood a chance at dating Venus. All of this arguing and they barely even know me. Venus just shook his head, and went to manning the register. Giving him a much better view of the building cat fight. Well, time to rectify that."
GIRLS!" Venus snapped! Drawing the three flower girls' attention. "I am very flattered that you three show interest in me. But the fact is, you don't know a thing about me. So how can you possibly picture yourselves with me?"

The flower shop was completely silent, and Venus smiled at what was seemingly an end to the arguing. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going on lunch break." Venus headed out the door with a smile on his face. However, he was not alone in his departure. Lily, Daisy, and Rose had tailed him to find out where he preferred to get his lunch!

Venus was still blissfully unaware he was being followed as he picked up his order of a burger and a soda. Sure is nice to get away from those three. They're about as sweet as the flowers they're named after, but I'm not gonna go out with them just because we all have flower-like names.

As Venus sat down, he was joined by Night Fang. "'Sup Venus?" Fang asked with a smile and a wag of his tail. The Element of Determination sat down right next to his best friends, and brought out his own lunch. That being a sandwich packed with meat. "So. How's the love life treating you?"

"Oh, you know me." Venus said with a small smile. "Girls swooning left and right as soon as I even speak to them. Whatever guy wishes to be as good looking as me is in for a rude awakening." Venus then patted Fang on the head. "But thanks for making me laugh at my problems."

Fang beamed, and wagged his tail. But he then sniffed the air as he caught a whiff of familiar flowery scents. Scents similar to the one on Venus due to him working at the flower shop. "Yeah. Well, don't thank me just yet. You haven't gotten rid of said problems. They're closer than you think."

"What do you mean?" Venus asked with a raised eyebrow. "I already told the girls at the shop that they shouldn't pursue a relationship with me because they barely know me. Granted, they know things about me, but that's not the same as knowing the person."

"Indeed." Akage said with a sage nod. Venus and Fang were startled at first, but calmed down once they realized sudden appearances were just what ninjas did sometimes. "So you still having lady troubles Venus? I can whip you up a root beer float if you're going to spend another five minutes straight talking about how those flower girls get crazy over you."

Venus sighed. "It's fine Akage." Venus gulped down the last of his soda. "I was just about to head back to work. See ya later! Or in Fang's case, smell!" Venus waved farewell to his friends, and returned to the shop. "Hi girls. You miss me?"

"Pretty hard not to." Daisy hinted with a flirty tone. "So, you tell your friends about us? Choosing which of us to date isn't that hard is it?"

Venus blinked in confusion. "How. . . did you know that I was hanging around my friends during my lunch break?"

"Luckyguess!" Lily Valley said with a nervous smile! "We definitely weren't trying to compare which of us would be a better girlfriend for you!" Roseluck gave a frantic nod.

Venus spared a glance at each of the girls. Suuure you weren't. "O-kay. I'm suddenly wishing we'd taken the floral arrangement job for the upcoming Royal Wedding. Too bad about that, right?" And with that, an entirely new topic was the center for discussion. I hope Burst, Inferno, Steel, and Ty have some good advice on getting a girlfriend fast. . .