• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 755 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 755

Episode 2: No Greater Honor Part 2

Twilight was utterly shocked at the sheer anger present in Burst's voice alone. "Burst. . . I know you want to get back at Discord, but he's not the only one at fault here." Twilight looked at the ground in shame. "Part of this was my fault too. All because I thought too logically and didn't consider the type of enemy we were up against. I could've put two minutes of thought into Discord's riddle, and I-" Twilight stopped when she felt Burst put a hand on her shoulder. She could feel Burst trembling.

"It's not just Discord I'm angry at. . ." Burst said. His voice cracking as tears began to hit the floor from his eyes. "I'm mad at myself too. If I hadn't decided to slug Discord in his face, maybe I could've helped Steel fight off his minions!" Burst then wiped the tears from his eyes. "Maybe I couldn't save Steel, but I'll rot in Tartarus before I let the chance he gave us be in vain. All we need to do is find Rainbow Dash, and the Elements of Harmony will be good to go." Burst then grabbed Steel's helmet. "Let's check around town. If she's not here, then we'll move the search to Cloudsdale. That's the second most likely place she'll be at. There's no time to waste!" And with that, both the Elements of Harmony and Elements of Heroism moved out. Searching all of Unityville for Rainbow Dash while also navigating through the recent chaos Discord had made of their town.

"Ah hardly recognize home anymore." Applejack noted as she took in her warped surroundings. "No pun intended, but Discord really went to town on our town."

Twilight nodded. "Which is why we need to find Rainbow Dash as fast as possible. And knowing the enchantment Discord used to turn all of you into opposites of your elements, I'm willing to bet she'll be the most difficult to restore."

"Then we just drag her to you kicking and screaming." Burst added. He then caught sight of a familiar mane of rainbow hair. "Though it doesn't look like we'll have to drag her very far."

Twilight was just happy to find her friend. "Rainbow Dash!"

"'Sup guys?" Rainbow Dash called out.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. "Rainbow. Let me be pretty clear with you. Things are going completely crazy right now. Discord's turned Unityville into the chaos capital of the world! We need you!"

"Pssh! Yeah, like I'm gonna deal with all of that crazy!" Rainbow Dash scoffed. "I think I'll just stay up here in Cloudsdale where things are awesome."

Twilight was about to fire the memory spell when Burst stopped her. "Let me handle this." Burst said flatly. He then jumped up, and grabbed Rainbow Dash! Pinning her to the ground!

"Hey, let go!" Rainbow Dash protested! "Just wait until I tell Steel about this Burst! He-'ll-"

"Steel's gone Dash!" Burst shouted in Rainbow Dash's face!

Rainbow Dash froze at hearing this. ". . .What?"

Burst then shoved Steel's helmet right into Rainbow Dash's face. "He's gone Rainbow Dash. Steel gave his life so Twilight could finish and cast a memory spell to restore you and the girls from your discorded states. But you know something funny? He wouldn't have had to if YOU hadn't ditched us back at the labyrinth! Because YOU decided it wasn't your problem! Look at it." Burst got up, and left Steel's helmet in Rainbow Dash's hands.

Rainbow Dash slowly sat up, and held onto Steel's helmet. She began to cry as she put her head against Steel's helmet. Her color returning to her. "I'm sorry. . .I'm so sorry. . ."

Burst sighed. "Rainbow Dash. You do hold part of the blame for what's happened. But the reason for why isn't completely your fault. Discord rigged up the labyrinth so that it was rigged from the start. And now it's time we rig our odds against him. Me and the guys are going to keep Discord at bay while you and the girls charge up the Elements of Harmony. We should be more than able to handle Discord." Burst then turned to everyone. "Steel once told me he felt there was no greater honor than giving your life for his friends. And now, that's an honor he's achieved just to give us the slightest bit of a fighting chance. Let's make sure it wasn't in vain." And with that, both sets of elements made their way to the center of Unityville. Sure enough, Discord was sitting upon his throne with a glass of chocolate milk in his hand.

"Chaos truly is a wonderful thing." Discord said to himself as he played around with his glass of chocolate milk. He then noticed both sets of elements. "You lot sure found me out." Discord said to the Elements of Heroism. "Though I'd say you've paid quite enough of a price."

Burst Stream glared at Discord. "This was always some kind of game to you wasn't it? Well, guess what? Your game's over!" And with that, the Elements of Heroism charged at Discord! Burst fired off two charge shots from his twin blasters before slashing at Discord with his sword! Ty followed up the assault with a shot from his cannon! Knocking Discord to the ground! "Keep hammering him! Don't give him an inch!"

Discord just smiled as the Elements of Heroism charged at him. Sending out a wave of chaos magic that knocked them all to the ground! "You know, I could have easily done that earlier."

"So why didn't you?" Burst grunted as he and the other Elements of Heroism rose once again. "Just to give us a few pity-blows?!"

Discord looked to the ground. "Heh. I guess you could say that was full of firsts for me. The first time a mortal was ever bold enough to punch me in the face, and the first time anyone died because of my actions. Even though I wasn't directly responsible." Discord then threw up his hands. "So fire away. I deserve it. It's not like any of you can kill me."

Burst slowly rose, and slugged Discord once more. "No. You'll pay the price for what you've done. But destroying you isn't going to make Steel come back. It isn't what he'd want. Steel wouldn't want us to do something as honorless as beat on you if you won't even try to defend yourself. The only way we're ever going to gang up on you is if you decide to fight back."

Discord chuckled. "Then I'll give it my minimum effort." Discord snapped his fingers, and a storm of projectiles and explosions struck the battlefield. "Happy now?"

"Thrilled." Inferno replied as he fired a charge shot at the cluster of mini-missles flying at him. "THIS is his minimum effort?! This is hard mode for all of us!"

Ace raised his shield to block an incoming laser! "I'd hate to see his A-Game!" He then dodged a random explosion! "Okay. Now he's just spamming!" But as the battle raged, the Main 6 had powered up the elements! Discord was so occupied with the Elements of Heroism he didn't even notice when the elements were unleashed!

"NOOOOO-" Discord screamed as he was returned to his stone prison! Upon Discord's defeat, light shot out of the Elements of Harmony! Six weapons floated before the Main 6. In front of Twilight was a magician's staff with an ornament similar to her talent crest at the top. Fluttershy got a healer's staff, Applejack received twin crossbows with magical bolts loaded into them, Pinkie received a yo-yo, Rarity received a rapier and a steel fan, and Rainbow Dash got a boomerang.

"What. . .are these?" Twilight asked as she inspected her new equipment.

Burst holstered his weapons. "I'd say they're meant for you and the girls Twilight. By reforging your unity, you were able to conquer the chaos and restore harmony to the world. So what do you want to call your weapons?"

Twilight smiled. "I think we'll call them. . .the Harmony Keepers." Both Burst and Twilight looked to the sky in reflection. "We owe this to Steel. Come on. We'd better get Discord back over to Castalot." One train ride later, and both sets of elements were back in Castalot. After placing Discord's statue back in the garden, Celestia held a ceremony to announce the triumph of harmony over chaos.

"We are gathered here today to once again honor these heroism of this group of friends." Celestia announced with a proud smile. "They stood against the villain Discord, and saved Unity from eternal chaos!" A new stained glass window was unveiled. Proudly displaying the Elements of Harmony and Elemetns of Heroism defeating Discord. "But this victory was not without its costs. Today, we lost a dear friend. Steel Edge. He gave his life for the sake of his friends so they could win the day. Though he is gone, he will never be forgotten."

"Damn right I won't be forgotten!" A familiar voice called out. Both sets of elements were stunned as the hall doors were thrown open. Steel Edge stepped forth clad in his armor. But this time, his wings were encased in armor as well. "Heroes never die!" An aura of silver magic flared around Steel's hands! Revealing a mark identical to his talent crest! "Which means you won't have to worry about me leaving you anytime soon."

Twilight was in awe. "Steel. . .You've become an Avatar! This is incredible!"

Steel was about to answer when Rainbow Dash tackled him to the ground! "Y-You idiot!" Rainbow Dash cried as tears began to fall from her eyes. "H-Here you are coming in like nothing ever happened. . .a-and making us all worry about you!" She then touched her head against Steel's. "D-don't ever pull crap like that again! G-Got it?"

"I'm always with you Dash." Steel said with a loving smile. "Because I'm yours. Would you be mine?"

Rainbow Dash wiped away her tears. "Heh. T-Took you long enough soldier boy." And with that, the two kissed in front of the whole crowd. The two blushing at the realization of where they were. "Eh heh! Better. . .give you some space."

"Probably." Steel said as he and Rainbow Dash got to their feet. "I'm immortal now. Soooo," Steel looked in Burst's direction. "You think I could tank a White Lightning Overdrive now?"

Celestia smiled at the scene. "As joyous as this news is, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask that Steel be benched from your team Burst Stream. He's a new Avatar, and could stand to learn how to control his new magic."

"And I'd be happy to help him." A new voice called out. And with that, Aether Stream stepped into the hall. "I've taken the liberty of finding a magic style that ought to sharpen your edge Steel."

Steel was almost speechless. "I'm gonna be trained. . .by the legendary Aether? The First Knight of Faust?! THIS IS AWESOME!"

Aether chuckled. "Glad to hear you're excited. Maybe you'll even teach Burst a thing or two after I'm through with you. But first things first? I better teach you how to unequip that wing armor of yours." Aether activated his magic, and used it to remove Steel's wing armor. "Cant' wrap your wings around your girlfriend when they're encased in metal, now can you?"

Rainbow Dash and Steel Edge would've blushed originally. But now? The two had fought against chaos itself, and one of them had just ascended into an Avatar. They could care less what anyone else thought if they kissed each other right there.

"Looks like we're not keeping score anymore." Steel said with a loving smile.

Rainbow Dash smirked. "No need to when we've both won." And the two shared a kiss cementing their official status. Out in the hallway, the Princess of Love watched the scene with a knowing smile.

"Ship confirmed~!" Cadence said to herself.