• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 756 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 756

Episode 26: Assert Yourself

It started out as any other morning at Fluttershy's cottage. The Element of Kindness was hovering around her home getting food ready for all the animals she took care of. However, having her boyfriend Tyrannus around made the work easier. But despite that, there were still difficulties to be had. Said difficulties came in a bunny-shaped packaged named Angel.

"Now Angel. I know this isn't the dish you wanted. But it's still very delicious." Fluttershy said sweetly as Angel repeatedly tapped at the picture of the food he wanted. Fluttershy waved it off, and ate some of the lettuce in an attempt to coax Angel into eating what she'd prepared for him. Only for Angel to toss the bowl in her face!

"I'm no expert when it comes to dealing with Angel. But might I suggest using The Stare?" Tyrannus asked as he cleaned up the mess Angel had made. "Out of all the animals you care for, I think he's the most beastly in terms of behavior. And the worst part is, you just take it from him."

Fluttershy sighed. "I know. But I don't want to yell at him or any of my other critters. That might make them afraid of me. And then they won't like me, and then-" Fluttershy's rambling of the potential worst possible outcome of her raising her voice at the animals was put to a stop when Tyrannus gently clamped his hands on her shoulders. Fluttershy's wings covered her face slightly in embarrassment. "I'm sorry Ty. But I just can't help it. I just don't want to seem mean to anyone."

"With the exception of you getting Discorded, you don't have a mean bone in your body." Tyrannus said with a barely visible scowl at the Discord incident. "But that aside, you can't just be a doormat for people being harsh to you." He then sighed. "But I'm one to talk. My size makes it so that nobody even thinks of trying to be harsh. But when they do, I assert myself."

Fluttershy tilted her head in interest. "Do you think you could teach me when I get back from the market? I think I'd like to learn how to be assertive." She then blushed at the prospect. "Um, if that's alright with you." Tyrannus nodded, and Fluttershy beamed. "I'll be back soon." Unfortunately, Fluttershy's trip to the market only served to deepen her desire to not be a doormat. People cut in front of her while she was in the line, and the vendor was a real stickler for the price of a single cherry.

Fluttershy's head drooped in a defeated manner. "It's not like an answer to my problem is going to land right in my face." Ironically, that was exactly what happened. A flyer for an assertiveness seminar landed right on Fluttershy's face! "Hm?" Fluttershy pulled the flyer off her face, and took a look. "This Iron Will person seems like he could teach me what I want to learn."


One "improvement" seminar later
Tyrannus was having a stare-down with Angel Bunny. The Element of Tolerance's yellow eyes gazing unflinchingly at the rabbit's beady eyes. Angel Bunny decided to whip out the sad eyes, but even that failed to make Tyrannus' resolve to budge. "Sorry. But your poor behavior is one of the few things I'll never tolerate."

Tyrannus was about to continue his refusal of Angel's demands when he heard the door swing open! He was utterly surprised to see that it was Fluttershy who had thrown the door open! "Uh, Shy? You alright there?"

"Perfectly fine Ty." Fluttershy said with a smug smile. She then looked down at Angel who was thumping his foot against the ground. Fluttershy then stomped her foot on the ground, and glared at Angel! "LISTEN MISTER! I WORKED VERY HARD TO PREPARE THAT FOOD FOR YOU! SO YOU BETTER DITCH THE ATTITUDE AND EAT IT UP! AND YOU BETTER ENJOY IT!"

Angel Bunny was so utterly terrified of the sudden change to Fluttershy's demeanor that he set to scarfing down the lettuce in his bowl! Fluttershy smiled at her handiwork, but the smile soon faded when she heard Tyrannus call her name. "Fluttershy?" Something felt off, so she turned to face her boyfriend. And the sight that she was met with stunned her. She could see it in his eyes. Tyrannus was angry. "Who taught you to do that?"

"I-I thought this is what it meant to be assertive." Fluttershy said meekly as she tried to make herself seem as small as possible. She'd never seen Ty angry before! "I-Isn't this what you do when you don't want to be pushed around, Ty?"

Tyrannus's gaze softened. "Oh Fluttershy, that's not how it works. That's not how any of what you want to know works." He then stroked Fluttershy's hair to help calm the startled Skyborn down. "You can tell me who mislead you later. But I think you better tell me the chain of events that led you to them."

"Well, I was cut in line back at the market." Fluttershy began. "And then the vendor at the cherry cart was really stubborn and refused to drop the price no matter how nicely I asked. After that, the flyer for Iron Will's seminar landed on my face and I went to it. Which got us here."

Tyrannus nodded knowingly, and a small smile crept across his lips. "I think I know how to show you what being assertive really means. Come on. We've got a vendor to pay a visit to." The couple made their way over to the vendor's cart. "Excuse me sir. But I believe there's an issue with your pricing."

"So you think that you being a big guy is gonna make me cut my prices? Fat chance!" The vendor spat! "The price stays as is! And that's final!"

Fluttershy thought Tyrannus was going to yell at the vendor, but was surprised when she heard him sigh. "I could understand the price your asking for if it was for a bunch, but it's only for one item. But if that's really how you feel, then we'll just conduct our business elsewhere." As soon as Tyrannus motioned for the two of them to leave, he heard the vendor calling them back. Tyrannus managed to negotiate down to a fifth of the price. "Now Fluttershy. Can you tell me what I did when the vendor got nasty with me?"

"You didn't raise your voice. If anything, you kept calm." Fluttershy listed off. "Your tone wasn't harsh, but it wasn't weak either. It's. . . is firm the right word for it?" Tyrannus nodded. "But above all, you kept your stance on the argument. You didn't budge at all."

Tyrannus smiled. "And by doing all that, I asserted myself on where I stood. You see Fluttershy? It doesn't take screaming to get what you want."

"Thank you Ty." Fluttershy said with a smile as she hovered off the ground to kiss Tyrannus on the cheek. "I think I'd like to practice what you taught me on Iron Will." And so, Fluttershy returned to Iron Will's stage. Stating why she wouldn't pay the fee for the seminar and not even raising her voice the least bit. All the while, Tyrannus was watching with a proud smile on his face.