• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 762 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 762

Episode 16: Blooming Spirit

It was just another day in Unityville. And by now, most of the two sets of elements that protected the town were going about their usual daily routines. However, Fang paused and sniffed the air as soon as he went on break. "Huh. Didn't expect to smell that today."

Shadow cocked an eyebrow in curiosity. "Smell what Fang? What's got your nose acting up?"

"It smells like. . . " Fang paused to sniff the air again. "New character. They've got a flowery scent to them too. Huh. Wonder when we'll run into them." Fang shrugged off the thought, and went back to his break.

At the same time a young man had just arrived in town. "So this is where that message was sent out from." The young man mused to himself. A passing wind blowing through his yellow and green hair styled like Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. "It seems so peaceful right now. Hard to believe it's been the center of so many battles for the fate of the world." However, as soon as he stepped within Unityville, the young man noticed something. All the girls who were staring at him.

"Uh. . . hi?" He greeted nervously. This then prompted all the women to scream in joy as they rushed at him! It's days like this when I really hate my good looks! The young man did the only thing he could do. Run like all of Tartarus was after him! "AAAAHHHHH!"

Fang's ear twitched as he picked up on the young man's scream. He had just gotten up to investigate when the young man literally ran right into him! "Ow!" Fang groaned as he rubbed his head and looked at the young man. "That's one heck of a way to bump into someone."

The young man's outfit consisted of brown sneakers, grey jeans, a tank top with a flower on it, and a light green cloak. "Sorry about that. . ." He said with a nervous chuckle. "I was just trying to get away from-" He then froze when he saw the mob of women staring at him and Fang. "That."

Fang looked at the guy. Then back to the hoard of women who promptly squealed at seeing him and Venus. "MAYBE WE SHOULD BE GETTING BACK TO THE RUNNING PRETTY BOY!" Fang screamed as he dragged the young man along with him! Sure enough, the two managed to lose the crowd. "That. . . was probably. . . the most exhausting break I've had."

"You're telling me." The young man panted. "I just got here and already girls are swooning over me." He then sighed. "Maybe it is a curse being good-looking."

Fang chuckled. "Ditto. But in my case, it's my ears and tail." He then extended his hand. "Name's Night Fang. Nice to meet you. Welcome to Unityville."

The young man smiled. "Pleased to meet you as well. I'm Venus Bloomer." He then took a deep breath. "Not a girl, but just as pretty."

"Huh. Normally most guys would give anything to have looks as good as yours." Fang stated. "So what brings you here?"

Venus scratched his head. "Let's just say something about this place just spoke to me. So, here I am. Hope you don't mind me asking, but could you show me around? Y'know, without me getting mobbed?"

"No problem." Fang said with a nod. "And don't worry about that mob of girls. In a few minutes, they'll probably just call it quits. C'mon. I'll show you around." And with that, the Element of Determination set about showing his new friend around town.


The Changeling Hive
Needle was buzzing around restlessly. The wasp mutant changeling was bored out of his head, and he was itching to give more trouble to the Elements of Heroism. "Great. I'm out of that cocoon and I'm STILL cooped up in this stuffy hive! I thought we were released so we could fight!" Needle punched the wall he was hovering near in frustration! "The queen's orders can buzz off! I going after the Elements of Heroism!"

"You sure that's the wisest idea?" Blade asked. The praying mantis changeling was sharpening his scythe and arm blades. "The queen's got so much riding on her new plan. Not that it'll work. Just look at us. We were supposed to be an elite squad of warriors meant to be the greatest weapons of the hive. Instead, we're deemed freaks and locked away because our great queen can't admit she made a mistake."

Needle narrowed his eyes. "You're saying you'd rather be sealed away in a stasis cocoon again? You might be the leader of our little band Blade, but let me make this clear. You try to reign me in, and I'll personally shoot you full of my stingers."

"Fine. Go and fight." Blade said dismissively. "Just don't expect any help. I could honestly care less about any of you. Now buzz off."

Needle just snorted at Blade before flying off to Unityville. He hovered over the sky for a minute while contemplating how to draw the Elements of Heroism out. "Time for an explosive introduction." Needle thought wickedly as he fired a rain of his explosive stingers! "Come on out heroes! Or are you afraid to get stung?!" Needle taunted as he circled over the town. Only to get struck in the head! "GAH!"

"Sorry ugly. But you caused too much trouble for my friends last time." Rainbow Dash said as he boomerang returned to her hand. Her trademark cocky smirk on full display. "Considering I didn't get to see much action since you ganged up on them, I'd say this more than makes up for lost time."

Needle scowled. "We'll see who gets grounded first!" Needle flicked his left wrist, and a stinger blade popped out! "RAH!"

Meanwhile, Fang and Venus had just taken notice of the explosions going off! "Venus! You get somewhere safe!" Fang looked to the sky, and narrowed his eyes as soon as he saw Needle. "I've got a pest to swat." Fang extended his arm, and summoned his Duelist Arm! Fang tapped a button on the outside of his gauntlet, and the claws shot forward! Wrapping around Needle's leg! Fang yanked downward, and dragged Needle to the ground! "Care to give me a hand Rainbow Dash?"

"Thought you'd never ask!" Rainbow Dash said with a smirk as she struck Needle with her boomerang over and over! "No use dodging! My boomerang won't stop 'til it hits you!"

Needle sneered. "Then how about I give you a new target?" Needle aimed at a nearby building, and fired an explosive stinger! Rainbow Dash flew off to get some people who were in the debris' path! Giving Needle the window to strike! He fired another explosive stinger that sent Rainbow Dash into the ground! Making a crater as it exploded. Needle then began to advance towards Rainbow Dash with his stinger blade raised. "Maybe I should clip your wings. . ." He then spotted Fang charging at him, and fired another explosive stinger! "Wait your turn mutt."

Venus was watching the scene unfold. He couldn't just let this creep hurt anyone else! So, he decided to do something crazy. Venus ran full speed at Needle, and kicked him in the face! Sure enough, Venus was met with the face of a very angry mutant changeling. But at the same time, he felt alive on the inside! This feeling inside! This excitement! It just. . . feels so right! However, Venus was snapped out of his thoughts as Needle flew right at him! Ready to strike with his stinger blade! But as Venus raised his arms to brace himself, a brilliant light shone from his upper arm! Needle was blinded, and soon tumbled onto the ground!

When Venus opened his eyes, he saw the mark of a rose-like dragon on his arm and a whip in his hands. The whip looked similar to the dragon mark on his arm, and it looked like the main portion had thorns on it. Since this feels right, I might as well put all my spirit into it. "Every rose has its thorn." Venus said as he readied his whip. "And you're about to find out just how sharp mine are!" Needle growled and raised his right arm to fire another explosive stinger! Only for Venus to strike right where Needle's launcher was mounted! "I'm not done yet!" Venus wailed on Needle! Striking without any restraint! But as Venus was set to unleash his finisher, an emergency teleport spell whisked Needle away.

Venus took a deep breath to calm down, and immediately ran over to Fang and Rainbow Dash. "Hey. You alright?"

"Yeah. A bit beat up." Fang coughed as he dusted himself off. "But I didn't think I'd meet our newest member so soon."

Venus tilted his head in confusion. "To be fair, I didn't know you were one of the Elements of Heroism."

"Yup. Awakening is always news to whoever it happens to." Fang said with a nod as he helped Rainbow Dash up. "First? We'd better get patched up."

Venus chuckled. "Great. It'll give you plenty of time to tell me all your secrets to avoiding hordes of screaming women."

"Venus? I think this is the beginning of one awesome friendship." Fang said with a smile as Venus helped him and Rainbow Dash to Fluttershy's cottage.

However, as the three made their journey, a lone figure watched from the rooftops. "Huh. So that was one of the Elements of Heroism." The young man thought out loud. "It seems my deployment here was no coincidence." A slight wind blew through. Making his crimson scarf billow slightly. "Well, I'll say this much. I don't think I'll be getting bored here."

Pinkie was strolling about when a lock of her hair started picking up on a new person. She turned around to look in the direction, but found nothing. "Huh. Weird. I could've sworn I was picking up on another new person. Oh well! Off to Fluttershy's!"

Unbeknownst to Pinkie, Unityville's second new arrival had moved to another rooftop. Chowing down on some noodles as he surveyed his new environment. Yep. Looks like this place is going to be interesting.

Back with Fang and Venus, the two had met with the other Elements of Heroism. Venus was recounting his earlier fight with Needle. "And when I was fighting against that thing, I felt excitement like never before. Like it was what I was meant to do. My spirit was on fire!"

"Then that's probably the element you represent." Burst noted. "You're free to join, but give it some time. After all, we wouldn't want to dampen your spirits for joining us."

Venus chuckled at the pun. "Hey. My spirit's ALWAYS in full bloom."