• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 762 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 762

Episode 24: Hearth's Warming

Weeks had gone by, and Hearth's Warming arrived. Each of the Elements of Heroism and the Main 6 had their own plans for the holiday. Needless to say, it wouldn't be a Hearth's Warming that any of them would be forgetting any time soon. And all of them couldn't wait to enjoy the holiday. Particularly all the couples who had found a special somebody.


Inferno and Rarity
Inferno wiped the frost from the window as he let out a fond sigh. Despite his fiery nature, Hearth's Warming made winter his favorite time of year. Namely due to the warmth people felt by spending the holiday with the people they loved. And now? He was spending it with his girlfriend Rarity. But there was an even larger milestone that the couple was approaching.

"You think you've worn a hole through the floor yet?" Inferno asked playfully as he noticed Rarity pacing around the portion of the boutique that served as living space. "Or maybe you've worn through the soles of your boots instead?"

Rarity giggled, and rolled her eyes knowingly at her boyfriend's efforts to calm her down. "Oh, enough you!" She said with a small smile. "But can you really blame me for being nervous darling?" Rarity took a deep breath. "I've talked about you with my parents over the phone. But this will be your first time meeting them. Aren't you the least bit nervous?"

Inferno chuckled. "Hey. I've had to deal with an ocean's worth of crowds. If there's anything I'm used to, it's pressure. But I won't lie, I am a little bit stressed too. I caught up with my own folks a while back and told them about all my adventures so far. Things are pretty calm right now, so I figured now would be as good a time as any for them to drop by."

"Well. Glad to know we're both dealing with the same source of worry." Rarity said with a sigh. "But I suppose this is just another challenge we'll face." Rarity then took Inferno's hand, and smiled lovingly at him. "And neither of us will be alone facing it."

Inferno stared soulfully into Rarity. His fire red eyes meeting her sapphire blue ones. "I helped fight against a whole army just to get you back. And before that? I fought against you when you were tricked by Night Terror." He then tightened his hold on Rarity's hand. "Believe me when I say that nothing in the world's gonna keep me from loving you." The two had just went in for a kiss, but their lip lock was interrupted by the sound of a camera going off.

"Oh how simply precious!" Rarity's mother cooed at the couple's romantic moment. "Don't mind us Rarity! Just preserving the moment!" Both of Rarity's parents were garbed in tourist clothes. "Just capturing a nice little holiday moment between one of our little babies and their special someone!"

Rarity's face was flushed red! "M-Mother! I am a fully grown adult! Would you PLEASE stop calling me your baby?! It's so embarrassing!" Rarity crossed her arms for added emphasis on her point, prompting Inferno to chuckle at her flustered state.

"I don't think you're gonna have any luck with that Rarity." Inferno said as he shook his head. "Parents LIVE to embarrass their kids when they get the chance. Heck, my mom has a pretty humiliating pet name for me that she hasn't dropped even when I started touring."

Rarity's father chuckled. "Nice to know that even the biggest rock star on the planet still gets humiliated by his parents." He then extended his hand to Inferno. "Hondo Flanks. And your picture today is courtesy of my wife Cookie Crumbles. Pleasure to meet you at long last."

"You too." Inferno said as he shook Hondo's hand. "I've gotta say you two really did well to raise a gem like Rarity." He then scratched his head. "Hope that her telling you about my previous lifestyle didn't give you any wrong assumptions about me."

Cookie Crumbles giggled. "No need to worry about that dear. Rarity told us all about how you've been committing yourself to your relationship and working as an Element of Heroism. You could even say she's living out one of the fairytales she adored as a child!" Cookie's eyes lit up with remembrance of happy memories. "Oh, I remember when she used to beg me to read her some before bed!"

Rarity buried her face in her hand to shield her blush. "I think you've shared quite enough about my childhood mother." She then decided to drop her defenses and stared Inferno right in his eyes. "I won't lie darling. I'm hoping your parents have equally silly stories about your youthful exploits."

And as if Rarity's prayers were answered, a pillar of flame shot up in the living room! When the flames died, down a pair of black wings unfurled to reveal a woman with jet black skin. She had red eyes, long fire-red hair, a burning heart mark on her hand, and was clad in rock star clothing. "What's up people?!" The Avatar of Passion greeted loudly. The Skyborn man beside her offered an apologetic smile. His clothes being far more casual.

"This is only the beginning." Inferno murmured to Rarity. "Hi. . . Mom." Inferno then found himself being swept up into a tight hug by his mother!

Seraph Flare couldn't contain the joy in her heart as she held her son. "There you are my little firecracker!" She cooed affectionately. "Who would've thought you'd go from rock star to superhero in such a short time?"

"Now, Sera. Put the kid down." Ash Blaze said with a chuckle. "Inferno's been through a lot if the news and paper are any indication." Ash Blaze then pulled his son into a hug. "It might not be as passionate as your mother's, but it's good to see you again son. And we're proud of what you've been doing."

Inferno smiled. "Thanks Dad. But I think you were proud even before that. Following in your footsteps before making my own path was pretty epic too."

"Follow in his footsteps?" Rarity thought out loud. She then noticed the star struck look in her parent's eyes. "Um, Mother? Father? Are you both alri-?!" Both of Rarity's parents zipped over to Ash Blaze!

"Oh my Celestia!" Cookie Crumbles squealed in delight! "You're Ash Blaze! One of the greatest artists of our lifetime!" She grasped Hondo's hand excitedly. "Our very first kiss was at one of your concerts! No one played with as much fire as you did!"

Seraph giggled. "Why else did you think I married him?" She then draped her arms around Ash's shoulders. "I just love someone who puts all of their passion into their work." Seraph then turned her gaze to her son. "And I'd say our resident love birds make some pretty sweet music too." Seraph Flare then detached herself from her husband, and walked over to Rarity. "Inferno tells me that you're quite the designer."

"Oh, well," rarity said nervously. "It's all part of being a fashionista. I've loved fashion every since I was a little girl. My dream was to open up a boutique like this one. And whatever I do, I give my everything into it."

Seraph Flare smiled. "It's your passion. I knew I felt a strong burning from when you discovered it." She noticed Rarity's confused expression. "I suppose you know that I'm an Avatar like the princesses. See my Talent Crest?" Seraph showed the burning heart mark on her hand. "It symbolizes how I lived for passion. It's what I dedicated myself to, and what I represent." She then spared a glance at the couple. "Something tells me the two of you are going show each other a whole lot of it." Both Inferno and Rarity blushed furiously!

"Well, she's not wrong." Inferno muttered to himself as he held Rarity's hand. "You are my passion." The two decided to just kiss. They had already been embarrassed by their respective parents. Sweetie Belle rolling on the floor laughing couldn't make the situation any more mortifying.


Steel Edge and Rainbow Dash
Steel Edge sighed happily as he took a sip of his hot chocolate. It had taken some doing, but he'd managed to get Rainbow Dash to snuggle up against him. "Mission accomplished." he said before taking another sip.

"I heard that." Rainbow Dash grumbled. Her face still buried against Steel's arm. "Using your wings to help warm me up was a cheap trick y'know?"

Steel smirked. "Well if it upsets you that much, I could always just go and come back on Hearth's Warming Morning. Let me just-"

"No!" Rainbow Dash protested as she clamped her arms around Steel's torso. "I was just trying to be cute, okay? I-I didn't mean-"

"Heh heh!" Steel chuckled. "You seriously have no idea how cute you are when you get flustered or mad. Why else do you think I ticked you off so much when we were friends? I couldn't get enough!" Rainbow Dash pouted in response. "Sweet Celestia that's even cuter. Hold up. I need to preserve this."

Rainbow Dash's eyes went wide with horror as Steel prepared to snap a picture with his phone! "NOOOOOO!" But it was too late. Steel had already snapped the photo and teleported his phone away. "I'd say I hate you, but you'd know I didn't mean it."

"True enough." Steel said with a shrug. "But hey. Maybe I'll send you an embarrassing pic of myself just so you can say we're even."

Rainbow Dash smirked. "Now THAT would be priceless."


Tyrannus and Fluttershy
"Comfy there, Shy?" Tyrannus asked as Fluttershy sat nestled against his chest. Ever since the two had officially become a couple, they'd become inseperable. Namely because the two of them looked so cute together. The gentle giant trailing the Element of Kindness seemed like such a natural sight it was almost unusual to see one without the other. Save for when there was fighting abound. "I could get us another blanket and be like a big tent for you."

Fluttershy shook her head. "No thank you Ty." She then nuzzled against his chest affectionately. "I think all of us are quite comfy." Fluttershy gazed at all her animal friends sleeping soundly with blankets or pillows of their own. "It's so quiet around here during the winter. But it's nice."

"If you miss the noise. . .you could listen to my heart." Tyrannus said with a nervous blush. Said blush only deepened when felt Fluttershy rest her head against his chest. "Some of the kids used to joke around and say I'd be hibernating around this time of year because of their nickname for me." He then looked down and smiled lovingly at Fluttershy. "I think I've finally got a good excuse to do that." Tyrannus tucked Fluttershy's head underneath his, and fell asleep. The sound of Fluttershy's breathing lulling him into slumber as well.


Burst and Celestia
Burst Stream smiled as he looked out the window of the train to Castalot. It had been some time since he'd seen his parents, so he might as well drop in on the time where family gathered the most. "Hearth's Warming. My favorite time of the year." However, Burst's attention was soon redirected by the familiar sound of his phone's ringtone.

"Hello? Oh! Celestia!" Burst hadn't expected to receive a call from his girlfriend. "Yeah, I just got off the train. Oh, I'm headed to my parents to spend Hearth's Warming with them. You want me to what?" Burst was surprised by Celestia's request. "I don't know if I'll be able to stay with you for the holiday Celestia. I mean, don't you want it to be just you and Luna? It'll be her first Hearth's Warming back, and she's the only family you've got. I know. I really want to spend some time with you two." Burst let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you for understanding. Yeah. Happy Hearth's Warming." And with that, Burst hung up his phone before picking up his suitcase. "Next stop: Home."

Not a few minutes later, thanks to a teleport spell, Burst Stream found himself at the front door of his home. He had barely knocked on the door before being met by his parents opening the door. "Hi Mom. Hi Dad."

"C'mere son!" Aether said with a grin as he pulled Burst inside and into a hug. "We knew you'd be coming here Burst! It's a bit embarrassing to say, but we've been waiting for you all day!"

Burst blinked in awe but smiled regardless. "Gee. Glad to know you were expecting me. But, HOW did you know that I was dropping by for Hearth's Warming?"

"My 'Mom Sense' was tingling." Lumina answered as she exited the kitchen. "And I made your favorite! Baked them fresh today!" She proudly displayed a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. "I hope you-" Lumina opened her eyes, and smiled when she saw that Burst had already rushed up to the tray and grabbed a cookie. A maternal smile couldn't help but creep across her face as she watched her son munch away at the cookie. "Well, I don't think I'll need to worry about you not eating them. But I do miss my baking partner." Lumina gazed fondly at a picture of her and Burst making cookies many years ago for Hearth's Warming. "So. How's our little hero's love life been going?"

Burst blushed slightly. "Well, Celestia asked me to spend Hearth's Warming with her. I really wanted to say yes to her." Burst Stream let out a small sigh. "But this holiday's all about family, right? And-" Burst stopped when he saw his parents rushing around the house with various travel items as well as their and his presents. Good thing I sent then my wish list a month early. "Uh, what are you two doing?"

Aether snapped his head in Burst's direction. In a few short strides, Aether reached his son and clamped one of his hands on Burst's shoulder! "Son. If there's anything I've learned in my immortality, it's this. When a girl you're close to asks you to spend the holidays with her, it means she cares for you a great deal and wants you to be a part of her life. But most important of all," Aether got right in Burst's face and stared him right in the eye. "It means you hold a large place in her heart. Your mom and I are coming with you because family is one of the main points of Hearth's Warming, but your princess needs her dragon knight. Are you really gonna leave her alone in her castle?"

". . .Not a chance in Tartarus." Burst said with a smirk. "But wait, how did you know about Celestia's pet name for me? Did she leak it to the papers?"

Aether chuckled at his son's inquiry. "No son. She called me and told me about it. I used to babysit her while her mother reigned long ago." Aether Stream's eyes then twinkled with a new realization. "You know? I should've expected that you'd get together with Celestia. That promise you made was like something out of a fairytale. I guess you could say your 'Happily Ever After' is still in the works though."

"Oh, Aether!" Lumina said with a giggle. "You're still the hopeless romantic that I met all those years ago. And I'd be cursed if I said I didn't love that about you. Now come on you two! The bags aren't going to move themselves!" It wasn't long before Burst Stream and his parents made their way to Castalot Castle's gate. The guards immediately stepped aside when they caught sight of Burst's father. "All these years, and they still make a big deal about you dear."

Aether sighed. "Blame Burst for that. Ever since he stepped into the spotlight, it's like I've made a resurgence. I'm starting to regret training you!"

Burst rolled his eyes knowingly at his dad's sense of humor. "Not even funny Dad." Burst Stream sighed at the fun his parents were having at his expense. "I think I'm gonna go see if Celestia's around. Be right back." And with that, Burst headed to the throne room. He was about to knock on it when Celestia opened the door!

"Burst Stream?" Celestia asked with surprise evident in her expression. "What are you doing here? I thought you just planned on staying with your parents for the holiday."

Burst blushed. "Eh heh! Well, about that? My parents were pretty insistent that they tag along on my first Hearth's Warming with my girlfriend. Plus, something tells me you would've showed up on my doorstep on Hearth's Warming Morning. So I decided to save you the effort."

"Well, you were close." Celestia said with a giggle. "I would've come down the chimney in a cute Santa hat." She then sighed happily. "This is Luna and I's favorite time of the year. We really get into the spirit of the season!"

Burst smiled. "Yeah. Hearth's Warming's the best. One tradition my mom and I had was that we'd make cookies together. Too bad I missed out though. There haven't been any attacks yet, but that doesn't mean me and the other Elements of Heroism can't let our guard down."

"That vigilance of yours could give my current captain of the guard a run for his money." Celestia said with a serene smile. "I daresay you could probably take him easily." She then took Burst by the hand. "But enough of that. I'm sure you're just dying to show me off to your parents!"

Burst smirked. "As my princess commands." And with that, Burst led Celestia to his parents. "Mom. Dad. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend needs no introduction."

"Well I'll be!" Aether said with a grin. "If it isn't little Celly! You haven't changed a bit since you took the throne! I remember when you would be running around with your pet phoenix and driving all the guards crazy! How is that old bird anyway?"

Celestia giggled. "Philomena is doing just fine. She doesn't look a day over five hundred. And you've remained quite the same yourself." She then directed her gaze to Lumina. "With the exception of a few significant additions to your life."

"So YOU'RE the one who's responsible for taking my baby from me!" Lumina said with a joking smile! "Well, at least I can say my son's going out with the hottest woman on the planet!"

"MOM!" Burst shouted. "Did you really have to make that joke?! I'm pretty sure this is about the millionth time Celestia's heard that one!"

Celestia giggled. "But I am the sun goddess. So it's funny because it's true." She then locked eyes with Lumina. "So. Care to share some fond memories of Burst's childhood?"

"Oh do I have stories for you. . ." Lumina said with a mischievous smile "I remember when Burst would put on a red ranger costume and scoot up to the TV while he watched Power Rangers. Oh he was just so adorable when he tried to copy the poses!"

Burst lowered his head in an attempt to hide his face as it was flushed red! ". . .Shouldn't we be getting to our guest rooms?"

"How good of you to remind me." Celestia said with a smile. "Guards? Please escort Burst's parents to their guest room."

Burst blinked in confusion. "Uh, Celestia? Should I be going with them? Aren't I staying in a guest room too?" Burst Stream then saw the flirty look in Celestia's eyes. "I'm. . .not staying in a guest room, am I?"

"I'm afraid not." Celestia said as she wrapped one of her wings around Burst Stream. "I asked you all the way here Burst. Did you really think I wouldn't take the chance to literally get close to my boyfriend?"

Burst Stream slowly smiled. "Well played princess." He then shrugged. "I should've expected this. Even a dragon knight's gotta stay close to his princess's side. So lead the way. And don't worry about closet space. I'll live out-of-suitcase." And with that, Celestia teleported herself and Burst Stream to her room. Burst set his suitcase on the floor, and pulled out his toiletries. However, as soon as he'd unpacked, Burst's stomach started to growl. "I don't suppose the dinner shift's begun in the kitchen yet?"

"You're in luck." Celestia said. "They close out early today since it's Hearth's Warming Eve. So they should be serving right about now." A few minutes later, Celestia, Burst, and Burst's parents were sitting at a table. Lumina had gotten to sharing more of Burst's childhood. "So Burst was quite the carnivore as a child, wasn't he?"

Lumina laughed as she remembered Burst picking through his veggies to get to the meat. "Oh yes! But he started eating his vegetables more when Aether said they'd help him grow strong! Of course, seven years of training with my husband the legendary hero helped too."

"Hey, I can't take all the credit!" Aether said with a chuckle. "Your cooking also helped in that department! You even gave Burst a cookbook with all your recipes so he wouldn't be without your cooking!"

Burst shared a laugh with his parents. "I even lick my plate clean just like I used to back at the house! It's STILL that good!" Burst then pat his belly. "Of course, I'm saving room for dessert. Did you manage to bring the cookies Mom?"

"As if I'd forget your favorite sweet!" Lumina said with an exaggerated pout. "I just hope you and your girlfriend don't scarf them down in one sitting!"

Celestia let out a musical laugh. "I honestly can't thank you enough for sharing Burst's childhood with me. I can't remember the last time I laughed this much!" The group soon finished their meal, and departed the dining area. "I think I'll skip on the cake today. It's time to see just how good these cookies of yours are." Sure enough, Lumina darted off to grab the tin full of cookies. Upon Lumina's return, Celestia took a cookie from the tin and took a bite. "Mmmm!" Her wings fluttered happily at the taste. "No wonder Burst Stream loves these!"

"Yeah." Burst said as he took a bite into a cookie. "Nothing beats Mom's cooking." He then looked out the window, and saw that Luna had lowered the sun and raised the moon. "I'd say that now's a good time to turn in for the night. Can't wait for tomorrow!"

Burst Stream and Celestia returned to Celestia's room. Burst changed into his sleeping clothes in the room while Celestia had changed in the bathroom. Sure enough, Celestia exited the bathroom dressed in her own sleepwear. Needless to say, Burst's attention was captured at how graceful she looked. "Uh, I'll just go brush now." Burst darted into the bathroom, and quickly brushed his teeth. Exiting a minute or two later and getting into the bed slowly. "Didn't think we'd be sharing a bed so soon."

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Celestia said with a knowing smile. "It's okay. I haven't had a lover in my arms in a long time." She then slowly wrapped her arms around Burst and pulled him into an embrace. "But you won't have to worry about a cold night with me by your side."

Burst smiled lovingly as he kissed Celestia. The two soon falling asleep in each other's arms. The night passed quickly, and Burst Stream awoke to find himself alone in the bed. "I think I know where she's gone off to." Burst said with a knowing smile as he leaped out of bed and went out into the hall. A slightly ajar door cluing him in to the location of his parents and Celestia's whereabouts. Burst opened the door, and smiled when he saw Celestia wearing a Santa hat and sitting with a present. "Morning."

"Happy Hearth's Warming Burst." Celestia said with a loving smile. "Here's a little something from me to you." She then patted the box beside her. "Luna decided top pitch into your gift too." She handed Burst a small box, and her eyes lit up as Burst tore open the wrapping paper. Inside the box was what looked like a blaster magazine. The magazine was white in color and had Celestia's sun symbol on the sides. "It's a spell magazine for your blasters. I thought you'd appreciate a gift that packed a punch. Make sure to give the bad guys a shot full of solar power!" Celestia then handed Burst the box containing the spell magazine that Luna had created. "And you won't need the worry about aiming with Luna's gift. It fires homing shots that always hit the mark. I guess you could say that Luna imbued a bit of her gaming skills into this spell magazine. No need to worry about reloading either."

Burst smiled. "Celestia. These are perfect. I love them." However, his smile soon faded. "And I didn't get you a present. Man, now I feel awful. . ."

Celestia was about to offer words of consolation, but then she noticed Luna levitate a bow onto Burst's head with her magic. A warm smile spread across the solar princess's face. "Oh, I wouldn't say that." Celestia scooted over to Burst and removed the bow. "I've just received a great boyfriend for Hearth's Warming."

Burst smiled as he saw Celestia dangling the bow in front of him. "I could say the exact same thing about you." The two then closed the distance between them with a kiss. Prompting Burst's parents and Luna to snap a photo of the romantic moment. Preserving it for all time.