• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 762 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 762

Episode 13: Rising Power

"So Steel? Care to tell me about the techniques my dad taught you?" Burst Stream asked as he readied his sword. "And which ones do you plan on teaching me?"

Steel began to list off techniques. "Well, I can only teach you three. Some of the moves you saw yesterday were unique only to me. Wouldn't be that special if everyone had the same move-set. So I'll be teaching you basic ones that fit your style. The Blade Beam, Blade Charge, and the Spin Attack. I'd teach them to the others, but they don't have magic like you do. But since we're our team's only magic support, the options for teaching anyone else these moves is pretty limited."

"Wait. Isn't that last move you mentioned from the Legend of Zelda?" Burst asked.

Steel smirked. "Hey. You got to call that energy blast of yours 'Hadouken'. I think we can get away with another videogame reference in an attack name." Steel drew his sword. He then powered up his magic! The silver aura glowing around his hands. "Try to focus your magic on the blade of your sword. Then swing to unleash the beam." Steel then raised his shield. "Don't worry about damage. My shield can tank the hit no problem."

"Gotcha." Burst said with a nod. He fired up his magic, and the blade of his sword soon had a blue glow to it. "Here I go!" Burst swung his sword, and a blue beam of magic shot out from his sword! "You holding up okay?"

Steel nodded. "Looks like you've got Blade Beam down. Now let's try the Blade Charge. This time, try to channel your magic directly into the blade. But this time, focus on enlarging the blade and expanding it. But try to make it a projection size you can handle. It doesn't add any weight to your swings, but it does take up fighting space. Something that you've always gotta keep in mind when you're fighting."

"Right. What good's a big sword if I don't have enough room to slash with it?" Burst said with a shrug. He then channeled his magic into the blade of his sword once more, and the blade was soon engulfed by the magic! The blade looked like it was encased by another blade made of Burst's magic! "Looks like this technique's good for closing the distance between me and my target. And I'm guessing the Spin Attack is good for if I get surrounded, right?"

Steel smirked. "Yup. Just get your magic to spiral around the blade, and unleash it all in one big spin! You're a fast learner from what I've seen. It's really too bad your old man held out on teaching these new moves to you. So you ready to give this last move a spin?"

"Really? Name attack puns?" Burst said with a chuckle. "Well, how are you gonna test me with only one of you?" Steel chuckled, and snapped his fingers. A group of magical projections of Steel soon surrounded Burst Stream! "Of course." Burst said with a nod. "Should've seen this coming." Burst then let his magic spiral around the blade of his sword. "To quote Link," The magical doubles of Steel charged at Burst from all sides! "HAIYAH!" Burst unleashed his spin attack! Making all the doubles shatter upon striking them! "Thanks for teaching me these new moves Steel." Burst then look at the time on his phone. "Something tells me Celestia might be interested to see how much stronger I've gotten. See ya!" And with that, Burst headed off to Castalot. Sure enough, he was led to the throne room where Princess Celestia was waiting for him. "Hope sparring with me today isn't too strenuous."

Celestia giggled. "On the contrary, I could use some exercise after sitting around all day glaring at paper work. Come. We'll take this to that special chamber where I helped you develop that one-hit kill move you used on Night Terror. It was called White Lightning Overdrive, correct?"

"Yup." Burst said with a nod as he and Celestia walked over to the training room. It was then that something came to Burst's attention. "Uh, were you planning on changing into some training gear or something? I'd hate to ruin that dress of yours."

Celestia smiled. "Don't worry. I was just about to slip into something more appropriate." Celestia's clothes were soon enveloped in the golden glow of her magic! When the magic faded, she stood in white and gold armor. A sword sheathed at her side. "I take it this is something more suited to our little sparring session?" Celestia then noticed the look of awe on Burst's face. "Burst? Is everything alright?"

"I am both intimidated and attracted at the same time." Burst stated flatly. "I should've figured that if Nightmare Moon pulled off the warrior princess look, you could too. This is kind of bringing back memories of that first fight against her." Burst then came to a realization that made him blush. "Oh sweet Faust that means your sister was technically my first kiss."

Celestia wrapped one of her wings around Burst, and smiled affectionately. "True. But a stolen kiss can't compare with a real one."

"True enough." Burst said with a small smile. "So does that sword of yours have any special properties?"

Celestia smiled as she pulled her wing away from Burst, and drew her broadsword. As she did, the sword's blade was soon engulfed in fire! "Pretty cool, right?"

"Looks like we're gonna have a pretty heated sparring session." Burst said with a smile as he drew his sword. "You get to show off your skills, and I get to show you some of the new moves I learned!" Burst and Celestia charged at each other! Burst's attacks were sudden and fierce, yet they flowed smoothly. Streaming along with his movements.

Celestia's moves practically exuded power and grace. She moved so effortlessly and struck at Burst with great force! "Hope you don't get upset if I beat you."

"Honestly? I know I can't win." Burst said with a smile as he fired a blade beam. "You're probably not even using a quarter of your full strength." Burst then used the blade charge technique. "But I can't think of anyone better than to gauge how I've improved!"

Celestia smiled as she gracefully evaded or blocked each of Burst's strikes. "Well, you did develop the White Lightning Overdrive the last time you came to me for help. Who knows? Maybe I'm the key to your breakthroughs."

"Well, you are one of the main reasons I keep on fighting." Burst replied as he executed a spin attack. "I think I've shown you all I needed to."

Celestia nodded. "So it would appear. These new moves you've learned are quite impressive. They've provided quite the boost to your offensive capability."

"Thanks. But that's in part why I'm here." Burst said with a sigh. "Your power to attack is only as good as your power to defend. I need to boost my defensive power. Just yesterday, me and my friends were attacked by these mutant changelings. They came to eliminate us because we were considered a threat to their queen's plan. We never fought enemies like that before, and they beat us pretty badly. Steel managed to save our skins, but it was pretty eye-opening for us. Me especially since I put up a shield spell in a last-ditch effort to protect me and my friends. It didn't hold too long with those mutant changelings hammering away at it. Which brings me to the other point of why I'm here. Are there any powerful defensive spells you know about?"

Celestia put her hand against Burst's cheek. "I do. But the one I know is more suited for defending an entire city. There is a noble family I know of that excells at shield spells. But before I tell you what you want to know, I want to ask you something." Celestia then looked right into Burst Stream's eyes. "Did you feel like you'd let your friends, your team, down?"

". . . Yes." Burst said sadly. "I didn't feel that way for too long, but it still cut me pretty deep knowing that when I was needed that my strength wasn't enough." Burst then slowly smiled. "But part of being on a team is the fact that no one gets stronger alone. My friends were pretty quick to lift my spirits, and we all threw ourselves into getting stronger. And now that Steel's back, and he's an avatar? Something tells me we've become a whole lot stronger." He then chuckled at the memory. "Besides, I think we've all gotten a fair bit closer because of that ambush. No better way to make friends than by almost dying together."

Celestia smiled warmly. "I suppose Twilight and her friends could say the same thing." She then ignited her magic, and sumoned a small notepad and a pen. "The family who can be of help to you is known as House Dawn. The Dawn family has been known for their powerful shield spells for generations." Celestia said as she scribbled down some information before tearing the paper off. "This is their estate's address. Show this slip at their door, and you should have no problem getting in."

Burst Stream graciously accepted the paper. "You know, you really didn't need to do this for me."

"No. But I wouldn't be much of a good girlfriend if I didn't try to help my dragon knight with his problems, now would i?" Celestia asked with a giggle. "But before you go. . ." Celestia then pulled Burst into a kiss. "Be careful on your next fight, alright?"

Burst smiled. "Don't worry. Though I don't mind it, I've got to stop meeting you when I wake up in a hospital bed." He gave Celestia a thumbs-up as he left towards the address she'd given him. Sure enough, Burst found himself at the doors of a mansion. He then showed the slip Celestia had given him. Burst was let inside and met with a butler. "Uh, hi?"

"Greetings to you as well." The butler responded. "But tell me, what is the business you have with Master Dawn?"

Burst scratched his head. "Let's see, I need to boost my defensive power. So I'm here to learn about the shield spell technique this family's been known to specialize in. That about do it for an explanation?"

"Ah. I see. Then I shall fetch Master Dawn for you." The butler said with a bow. A few minutes later, the butler returned with a young man in tow. He was older than Burst, and had bright yellow hair, gold eyes, and pure white skin. Burst noted that the young man's hair style was similar to that of Trunks from Dragon Ball Z.

"Well. This is unexpected." The young man said with a nod. "I did not expect to receive a visit from the leader of the Elements of Heroism. Come to offer yourself for bodyguard services?"

Burst shook his head. "I protect everyone. Not just the people that can afford to pay. And I'm assuming your butler told you why I'm here."

"Yes." The young man replied. "But before I consider teaching you this spell, show me your magical power. Element of Power you may be, but I'm not going to trust my family's technique to you simply because you triumphed over the Nightmare Forces."

Burst narrowed his eyes and soon closed them as he took a deep breathl."HAH!" Burst flared up the full power of his magic! Making the whole mansion tremble! "That proof enough Mr. Dawn? Or do you want to actually try taking me on in a brawl?"

The young man was frozen in shock for a moment before shaking out of his bewildered state. "Forgive me. It appears you have the strength to support the element that you bear. I shall be honored to teach you Aegis." He focused his magic into his hand, and summoned a shield constructwith the symbol of the dawning sun on it. "Now. Try to attack me from any side." Burst shrugged, and struck at the young man's side with his sword! However, all that Burst's blade met was a wall of magic! "Impressive, isn't it? The shield construct is just a ploy for the real spell. But I suppose it makes a nice aesthetic touch."

Burst nodded. "Yeah. Well, let's see if it can tank this!" Burst charged up his magic, and fired a blast of white lightning! But not a scratch was present on the magical shield! "Geez! Not even Twilight's sheilds can tank a white lightning blast! So how do you cast this spell?"

"Simple." The young man said with a shrug. "Focus all your will onto defending what you want to protect the most. Which means you can cast this spell onto others as well as yourself."

Burst nodded. "Sweet. Shouldn't be too hard." Burst closed his eyes, and pictured his friends and family. And the second he thought of Celestia, the aegis spell manifested around him! However, it looked different than Shining Dawn's. The shield construct that had manifested was in the shape of the dragon's head that was on Burst's hero crest. "I think mine looks cooler than yours. That being said, thanks for teaching me this spell. I'm outta here." Burst casually waved goodbye, and returned home.

Howeve, upon Burst's departure, the young master of the Dawn family pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Yes. I know. We aren't supposed to clash yet. You and I still need to decide where exactly our battle will take place. But I believe that a snag has now appeared in what was foretold about us. I just met with the Element of Power. And his magical power is distressing similar to Aether's. There were only supposed to be two of us. Isn't it obvious? He is an anomaly. No, I have no desire for him to be eliminated. Simply observe him. See how far his power rises. Then we shall determine whether he is a threat to our destiny. In the end, there can only be one of us left standing."

The figure at the other end seemed to nod in agreement. "As you wish Shining Dawn."