• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 756 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 756

Episode 15: Nobody's Perfect

Burst Stream was having a pretty good day. It was nice and sunny outside, and he was enjoying an ice cold soda. Yep. You gotta appreciate these moments. Burst thought with a smile as he took a swig of his soda. Burst closed his eyes, and laid back to back in the sun. That is, until a shadow was cast over him. Burst Stream opened his eyes, and saw Twilight Sparkly standing over him with an enthusiastic aura about her. "Oh. Hey Twi. What's up?"

"Oh, not much." Twilight said with a shrug. "But I was wondering. . . " Twilight then got right up in Burst's face! "Would you please teach me the White Lightning Overdrive? PLEAAAASSSE?"

Burst Stream blinked upon processing Twilight's request. In response he sat back up, took a swig of his soda, and then stared Twilight dead in the eye. "No." Burst said bluntly with a smile. "See ya around Twilight." And with that, Burst got up to leave.

Twilight's jaw dropped in shock, and she immediately followed after Burst! "What do you mean 'no'? Why don't you want to teach me?!"

"Because I just don't want to Twilight." Burst replied. "Besides, why would someone like you even NEED a one-hit kill move like White Lightning Overdrive?"

Twilight blinked and smiled at Burst. "Well, I'm not the biggest fan of offensive spells like yours, but I LOVE magic! It's the meaning behind my talent crest! It's the element I represent! And I want to learn as much of it as possible!"

"Twilight." Burst said with a sigh. "Have you ever stopped to ask yourself if you should learn something instead of could you learn something? Yeah, the White Lightning Overdrive is pretty powerful. But it takes a lot out of me. Why else do you think I didn't just whip it out when the mutant changelings?"

Twilight just waved off Burst's arguement. "Burst, I'm Princess Celestia's personal student. I'm pretty much the perfect student."

"And there's your main flaw." Burst said flatly.

Twilight blinked in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"Twilight. Nobody's perfect." Burst said bluntly. "Not you. Not me. Not even Celestia." Burst noticed Twilight raising a finger to him. "Before you decide to make a counterarguement, let me ask you this. If Celestia, my girlfriend, was perfect, would she even have needed to use the Elements of Harmony? Would she even need you and your friends to purify Luna?"

Twilight lowered her finger. "Well. . . no. I guess not."

"Okay." Burst said with a nod. "Furthermore, you're not perfect because you were a horrible friend while I knew you at Celestia's school. Spike would tell me about how you'd spend all your free time either studying new spells or shut in your room with a mountain of books."

Twilight lowered her head. "I've gotten better."

Burst sighed as he put a hand on Twilight's shoulder. "Look Twilight. I know I'm coming off as blunt, but I don't mean to sound that way. You really need to hear this straight. And I'm also telling you this so unfiltered because I'm worried about you."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"Shadow told me that you were in a pretty manic state when he first met you." Burst answered. "He told me you were getting crazy over not learning anything about friendship that day, and he also mentioned how you get neurotic about the amount of frosting on a batch of cupcakes you'd ordered for a picnic with your friends." Burst looked Twilight right in the eyes. "Twilight. This need to be perfect is going to drive you crazy. Plus, it makes it WAY too easy to picture you going bad. So I'm asking you, as a friend, to not try to be perfect. Just try to do your best no matter what. But please don't try to be perfect. Because if you are perfect, that means there's nothing left to learn. Nothing left to strive for. No room to grow. It's almost the same as being dead."

Twilight gave Burst a sheepish smile. "Gee. I never really thought about things that way."

"I'm just glad you got the message loud and clear." Burst said with a sigh of relief.

Twilight beamed at the praise. "Thanks! But wait, you and Princess Celestia are dating?"

"Yup." Burst said with a smirk. "I got her number and everything. Why? You're not jealous, are you?"

Twilight blushed. "A-Absolutely not!"

"Suuure you aren't Twilight." Burst said with a chuckle. He then proceeded to dial Celestia's number. "Hey Sunshine, how're you? Me? I'm good. Twilight's with me."

Twilight then leapt at Burst! "GIVE ME HER NUMBER!"

"Gotta run Celestia! Literally!" Burst said with a smile as he hung up! "Not a chance Twi!" And with that, Burst evaded Twilight's numerous attempts to snatch his phone.