• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 762 Views, 215 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been vanquished. Peace has settled over Unity. New enemies are beginning to stir. But as new enemies rise, so do new heroes to join the fight! HEROES TO THE CORE!

  • ...
4
 215
 762

Epilogue

As the party was winding down, Fang had finally recovered after his reckless charge at Chrysalis. Launching yourself forward in a feral beast mode wasn't exactly the smartest idea the Element of Determination could've come up with at the time. "Hey guys. What'd I miss?"

"I made sure to hit Chrysalis extra hard." Burst said with a nod. "Any of her people sill loyal to her either left, or they were sent back due to their emergency teleport spells. I doubt we'll be hearing from her anytime soon."

Fang nodded. He then noticed Shining Armor hitting his head to the ground in front of Twilight. "So. I guess that punch from you really knocked some sense into him. How long's he been at his apology?"

"Eh. I'd say about five minutes." Burst said with a shrug. "Probably the longest five minutes of his life given how much a jerk he was. I'd tell him to stop, but he deserves it. One other odd bit is that most of the changelings defected from Chrysalis. So I don't think Narico will need to worry about being alone."

Fang's ears perked at the mention of his adopted little brother. "That's if whatever's going on with him doesn't end his life." Fang noted. "The doctors have no idea why Narico's in a cocoon. Only that from what we know the huge flow of emotions and magic caused it. And who knows when it'll open up? Or for that matter, what kind of transformation Narico's undergoing?" As if to answer Fang's question his phone began ringing. "Hello? Yes this is Night Fang. What?! I'm on my way!" Fang looked back to Burst. "Looks like I'll get an answer to my question a lot sooner than I thought!"

Fang raced over to where Narico's cocoon was being held. Like the doctor had said over the phone, the cocoon was starting to break open! Fang had arrived just in time as the cocoon burst open in a flash of bright green light! Everyone else had also gathered to see the status of the nymph.

However, Narico was a nymph no longer. He now stood almost as tall as Fang, and his physical body had aged to appear as about Fang's age albeit a couple years younger. His teal hair had grown out a bit, and his horn looked like that of a beetle as opposed to the gnarled horn of Chrysalis. But the most surprising feature were his wings. Instead of the tattered fly-like wings of most changelings, Narico's wings were like that of a dragon fly. His chitin color had also gained a light green sheen to it. Then he opened his eyes. Narico now had light green eyes instead of the standard blue voids that were common among changeling drones.

"Ngh. . . " The newly grown changeling king groaned as he started to remember the prior events. "Fang? What happened? Why does everything look so much smaller than it did before?"

Fang had Narico lean on his shoulder. "Easy little bro. You've done a lot of growing up in a real short time." A small smile crept across Fang's face. "But with your current size, I can't really call you little."

"This is why Chrysalis wanted to get a hold of him so badly." Silk Snare informed. "It's the same reason she turned me and my friends into mutants. Narico had the potential to become a royal changeling. A potential that he's now fulfilled." Both the mutant changelings and the regular bowed. "Long live King Narico."

Narico's eyes went wide with shock. In front of him were his people. He couldn't help but gulp at the sheer size of the crowd before him. "I guess. . . you'll all be needing a new place to call home."

"I believe I can help accommodate you." Celestia answered. "The royal castle has more than enough room to occupy during your stay. We will discuss the matter of integration soon. But for now? I think we could all use some rest." Everyone nodded at this, and decided to turn in for the night. But before Burst Stream could leave, Celestia grabbed onto Burst's hand. "Burst. Before you go, there's something I'd like you to know."

Burst Stream tilted his head in curiosity. "What's that Celestia? If it's about my outburst earlier today, I really am sorry I lost my cool like that."

"Oh! No, nothing like that!" Celestia said with a slight blush. "It's just that. . . there's a proposition I want to speak with you about. You don't have to hear it now, and you don't have to say yes to it. But, I just want you to know that it's coming very soon."

Burst smiled. "I'll be sure to keep an open mind about it." And with that, Burst Stream went off to his room. However, Celestia was met with another figure as she made the journey to her own room.

"Oh. Lord Shining Dawn." Celestia greeted the noble. "I didn't expect you to pay a visit. Especially since the party's over."

Shining Dawn nodded. "I'm afraid it's business that I wish to address with you princess. As you're aware, today's attack has shown that more capable defenders are necessary. Your standard guards will no longer cut it. Which is why I propose you find a personal guardian." A charming smile crept onto his face. "A role that I shall gladly assume if you would have me."

"I'm afraid I must decline your offer." Celestia said politely. "I have been contemplating the issue you brought up, and have the ideal candidate in mind. In fact, I was just discussing the offer with him earlier."

Shining Dawn frowned at hearing this. He knew full well who Celestia was talking about. "I see. My apologies for wasting your time." Shining Dawn left, and his frown soon turned into a scowl. He then caught sight of a lone figure waiting for him. "I'm surprised that you didn't take the invasion as a chance to become the hero of the city."

"That's too small a title for a true hero." The lone figure scoffed. "I see you got sun burned back there." A sneer clearly present in the figure's voice. He then glanced at the moon being raised. "But you aim for the sun. I'll be shooting for the moon."

Shining Dawn scoffed. "And yet you would still have to contend with Burst Stream. Or have you forgotten that he's the one who's actually accomplished a few heroic deeds?" The noble said with a smirk. Only to have his remark answered by a katana pointed to his throat.

"Don't you dare validate that anomaly's actions." The figure hissed. "He isn't a true hero. I AM. I have more of our father in me than either you or he could ever hope to!"

Shining Dawn glared. "Well then, 'brother', I'll leave disposing of Burst Stream to you. It's fitting since both of you are beneath me." And with that, the mysterious figure teleported away. Leaving Shining Dawn to journey back to his home. It appears I'll have to stage a reunion with father after all. A smirk then crossed Shining Dawn's face. I wonder how you'll feel knowing you're no longer so special Burst Stream.

Comments ( 3 )

9029142
The epilogue is up.

9029643
A great epilogue and another happy ending with great foreshadowing

YAY, KING NARICO!!!

Also, FORESHADOWING!!!

Login or register to comment