• Published 24th Jan 2018
  • 4,852 Views, 440 Comments

My Little Pony: Ren's Adventures In Equestria - MaxTV1234



Ren Loodan, a human who awoken in Equestria from a spaceship, meets the Mane Six and tries to search for his past and defeat the forces of evil, along with other humans who awaken in pods as they team up with Ren in search for their pasts as well.

  • ...
 440
 4,852

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 - Look Before You Sleep

I woke up early this time and did my usual morning routine. I left my Megaphone Hacking Gun back home to let it charge....again. As I walked out of the house ship and looked around, I saw many Pegasus ponies in the skies, moving dark clouds in front of the gleaming sun. I'm guessing there is going to be rain today... Every pony seemed to be heading to the park. I wonder what's going on... I walked over to the park to see many ponies picking up dead branches off the floor and trees. When I spotted Applejack, who was using her lasso to break a branch of the tree, I walked up and called out to her.

"Hey, Applejack. What's going on today?" I asked.

"Oh hey there, Ren." Applejack responded busy picking up the branches off the tree. "Every pony is picking up dead and loose branches so they don't hurt no pony."

"I see, but why's that?" I asked curiously.

"You see, the Pegasus ponies accidentally forgot to sprinkle some rain last week, so they're making it up by doing it today." Ah, I see now.

"Okay, so can I help out then?"

"Sure, you can pick up the branches that are on the ground, or if you find a way to get them off the tree without hurting yourself, you can do that instead."

"Alright." We turn around to see Rarity a few feet away from us. "Hmm. Hah! Perfect." Rarity announced. She had formed the leaves on the branch to art with her magic, causing me to sweat-dropped. Why am I not surprised that while she works, she makes something out of art?

Unfortunately, Applejack threw her lasso at the branch at took it down, frankly. She spit the rope out of her mouth and glared at Rarity.

"Just take the broken limbs down, Rarity. Don't you all care about nothing other than prettifyin'?" Applejack asked.

"Some pony has to. You were making an absolute mess of the town square, Applejack." Rarity replied, looking around at all the branches on the floor.

"Yeah, well, the storm's gonna make an even bigger mess if we don't prune all these loose branches so they don't tumble down on anypony." Applejack said as she went back to work.

"I simply cannot imagine why the Pegasus ponies would schedule a dreadful downpour this evening and ruin what could have been a glorious sunny day."

Applejack sighed and started to explain. "Think more practical-like, will ya? They accidentally skipped a scheduled sprinkle last week, so we need a doozy of a downpour to make up for it, is all." Applejack kicked a tree, releasing leaves and more branches to fall to the ground.

I smiled nervously at them arguing each other. It makes sense since Applejack is a farm pony who loves to get dirty and Rarity is the type of girl who....well, who doesn't like to get dirty and such.

Suddenly, my thoughts were cut-off as I felt something grabbing the stick. I looked down to see a little puppy trying to grab the stick that I picked up.

"Oh hey little guy, what are you doing here?" I asked rubbing the puppy's head. It appears that he's a Siberian Husky, with a light red fur color on his back and his ears while his underbelly and muzzle were white and had a little black nose.

"Oh, sorry, I'm just a little lost around here." Huh? I blinked in confusion and looked around to see if anypony said something, but there was nopony around, well besides Applejack and Rarity of course. I turned to the puppy, who only looked at me innocently.

"W-who said that? Was it you?" I asked the little dog, but that was ridiculous, I mean, a talking dog? I mean come on, I've seen many cartoon shows and anime's that has many talking dogs, but there's no way that could be possible.

"Well yeah, how you doing?" The puppy spoke...it just said 'how you doing' to me.

"Whoa!" I shouted in surprise, but Applejack and Rarity were so busy arguing with each other, they didn't hear my shouting.

"Oops, sorry if I scared you, I'll be quiet if you want." The puppy said feeling bad for me.

"O-oh, no no no, I was just surprised to see a talking dog, though after learning about magic and such here in Equestria, I would guess it would make sense." I said rubbing my head in embarrassment.

"Oh, so you're not surprise about me talking right?" He asked. Huh? Something tells me that other ponies must've heard him speak but ran away in fear because of him talking, well I guess I can understand. I mean, seeing a talking dog is just...crazy, but awesome at the same time.

"What? No, of course not. I think its awesome." I said happily, much to his joy. After learning that logic here in the world of Equestria is out of balance, it makes sense that they have talking dogs here.

Suddenly, I then felt as though something dripped on my nose. I looked up and saw that it began raining. Well, didn't expect this.

"Oh no! My wonderfully styled mane shall be ruined!" Rarity cried out.

"You should of hurried up and finished the job already." Applejack argued.

"Oh! Ah! Oh! It's coming down too fast! Ah! Oh! Ah! Help me!" Rarity began running all over the place to find shelter.

Applejack searched for somewhere to keep from the rain. She spotted a table and told Rarity to go under there. "Uh, there. Hunker down to yer heart's content whilst I finish this."

Rarity began galloping over to the table while Applejack continued to bring down the branches. I put my hoodie on over my head and looked down to see the little puppy shivering, probably cold.

"Hey, need some help?" I offered.

"S-sure, I'm k-kinda getting cold here, besides, I just hate getting wet these days." He said as I picked him up and put him inside my shirt, just to keep him warm.

I turned back to see Applejack and Rarity having another argument with each other.

"You all wouldn't know useful if it came up and bit ya." Applejack continued to argue.

Rarity laughed. "That doesn't even make any sense."

"Does so."

"Does not."

"Does so."

"Does not."

"Does so."

"Does not."

"Um...Girls..." I called out to them.

"Does so infinity. Hah." Applejack said.

"Does not infinity plus one. Hah."

They both started at each other aggressively, oh man, I better stop this before this goes too far. "What say we go our separate ways before one of us says something she will regret?" Rarity offered.

"I reckon you all were gonna say something you'll regret first."

"On the contrary. I believe it shall most certainly be you who says something you will regret first."

"I'm not sayin' anythin'."

"Nor am I."

"Y'all just be on yer way, then." Applejack scooted her away with her hoof.

"After you!" Rarity pointed.

"GIRLS!" I finally shouted, but I was too late as thunder crackled in the sky, scaring both the ponies. The both hugged each other, ironically. I face-palmed as I look at the girls with a stern look. "Look, I understand that you're mad with each other, but right now, we need to get out of this storm." I said, reminding them of finding some shelter.

"Perhaps Ren is right, we should stick together for now and find some shelter." Rarity suggested.

"Uh-huh, perhaps we should. And fast." Applejack agreed.

I sighed as I continued to be drenched in the rain.

Applejack had ran over and ducked under the table.

"Nice and dry under here, sort of." Applejack said, noticing the mud squished under her hooves.

Rarity continued to look for a better shelter to be in. "Oh! Unacceptable."

"Applejack! Rarity! Ren!" Huh? We heard our names from a distant voice. We turned around to try to see who was calling us.

"Applejack! Rarity! Ren!" Our names were called again. We managed to see it was Twilight who was calling our names. She was inside her home with the door open so she could get our attention.

"Come inside, quick!" She invited.

We all ran towards the inside of her house. Rarity and I arrived inside, but Applejack stopped in front of the door.

"Thanks Twilight!" I thanked her as I got inside.

"Whoa, Nelly. Is inside a tree really the best place to be in a lightning storm?" Applejack asked worriedly.

"It is if you have a magical lightning rod protecting your home like I do." Twilight replied. "Come on in!"

"Hah! We are most grateful for your invitation." Rarity thanked Twilight.

"Thank you kindly for your hospitality." Applejack joined in as she walked inside. However, Rarity saw her muddy hooves and stopped her by placing her front leg in front of her.

"Uh, do be a polite houseguest and go wash up please, won't you?" Rarity asked, pointing to her muddy hooves.

Applejack grumbled. "If I gotta spend one more second with that fussbudget Rarity today, I can't be held responsible for what I'm gonna do." She walked out to wash her hooves, I let out a sigh and allowed them to continue with their argument. Five minutes later, Applejack came back in, with her hooves completely washed.

"Some storm, huh? The Pegasus ponies sure have outdone themselves this time. I hope you guys don't have any trouble getting home." Twilight said.

"I know right? One minute it was all sunny and the next it's starting to rain." I said trying to dry myself.

"Yeah, I know right!" A familiar voice spoke up as the talking puppy jumped out of my sweater and shook itself in order get himself dry. Unfortunately, Twilight, Applejack, and Rarity widened their eyes in shock upon hearing him spoke. "What?" He asked.

"D-did that little doggy said something?" Applejack asked nervously.

"No darling...I heard it too." Rarity said hiding behind Applejack.

"Ren...explain!" Twilight asked giving me a serious expression.

"To be honest with you, I don't know either. When I was helping Applejack on picking up the dead branches for the upcoming storm, I found this little guy." I said rubbing his head, much to his joy. "And I became surprised to find him talking, and also amazed at the same time." I finished with my explanation.

"I see." Twilight said putting her hoof on her chin.

"So, do you know anything about a talking dog?" I asked curiously.

"Hmmm...now that you mention it, yeah, I remember reading a section from a book I read back when I lived in Canterlot. Apparently, I learned that a few animals can ever be born with the rare ability to speak, and only a few could ever be found with that kind of talent." Wow, that''s amazing. So there is such a thing about talking animals here in Equestria, that's so awesome!

"Wow....she's smart." The little puppy said amazed with Twilight's intellect, much to her embarrassment.

"Oh...thank you...um...sorry, what is your name?" Twilight asked. The puppy ears dropped in sadness. Oh boy, please don't tell me that he's a stray and wasn't name.

"I'm sorry, but I was never named." He said sadly, much to my surprise, and it looks like I stand corrected.

"You never gotten name, why's that little fella?" Applejack asked feeling bad for him.

"You see, I was born but left my parents a few months ago, and I've been all alone ever since, besides, I can't remember where I used to live since I was just so small." He said. I felt bad for him and rubbed his ears, much to his joy.

"Ooh, poor darling, I feel so bad for you." Rarity said heartbroken upon hearing his tale.

"So wait, how did you get to Ponyville?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I was in some plain fields just outside of your town as I was sleeping near a tree when I smell something delicious. I followed the scent and found a cart full of apples and so I hopped inside and started eating some apples, but then the cart got pulled in by some big red pony wearing a brown collar around his neck and started pulling into your town." The pup explained. Wait a minute, a big red pony wearing a brown collar? That almost sounds like...

"Big Macintosh." I said realizing what the pup was describing.

"Huh, that explains why there wasn't as much apples as they were." Applejack said figuring out about the missing food, which made the pup laugh and smile sheepishly at her.

"I see, well then, I guess we'll figure on what to do with you." Twilight said. "In the meantime, we can help you pick out a name for you and allow you to stay inside, something tells me that going out there is gonna be dangerous."

"It may indeed be a problem." Rarity replied, gazing at the window.

And if on cue, lightning started to flash, causing the pup to jump into my arms and began wimpering in fear.

"Oh, it's okay, you'll be fine." I said giving him a hug. Hey, wait a minute, I think I came up with a perfect name. "Hey guys, I thought of a good name for him." I said, much to everyone's surprise.

"You do?" Applejack and Rarity asked in unison.

"You do?" The pup asked.

"You do Ren?" Twilight asked. I nodded my head to them, but jeez, must they repeat the same thing over and over again? "Okay then, what is it then?"

"I think I'll call him...Kodiak." I said petting his fur.

"Kodiak? Why Kodiak?" Applejack asked.

"Well you see, Kodiak is the name of a city back in Alaska, which is the coldest state or so I heard back from where I'm from. Besides, he's a Siberian Husky, and they live in the cold...I think." I said happily. "Besides, I'll call him Kodi for short."

"Kodiak....I kinda like it." The pup now name as Kodiak said nuzzling me.

"Yeah, me too little Kodi!" I said nuzzling him back. You know, I love having a pet, I used to have a pet guinea pig back then, but she past away when I turned thirteen, oh Rosy, I'll never forget the times we had.

"Well either way." Twilight spoke up. "I guess we'll be stuck here all night, the storm isn't suppose to stop until tomorrow." Oh well, that's a shame. Hey, wait a minute, I then realized that Spike wasn't around.

"Hey Twilight, where's Spike?" I asked curiously.

"Oh he's away in Canterlot on royal business. I'm home all alone tonight." Twilight explained, well that's a bummer. Suddenly, Twilight gasped.

"What's wrong Twilight?" I asked in concern.

"I know, you guys should totally sleep over! We'll have a slumber party! I've always wanted one of those!" Twilight exclaimed in joy.

"A slumber party?" I asked raising a brow.

"Yes!" Twilight said as she jumped for joy.

"Wow, she seems really excited." Kodi said blinking in surprise.

"Yeah.." I said as I took the book from her while she was daydreaming and read through it. "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties But Were Afraid to Ask." I read aloud. Jeez, this title is a mouthful and I never knew there's a book that describes to hold the best slumber party ever. I mean, look at this book, there's so many table contents about setting it up explained step by step. Seriously, it almost likes she has a book about every common thing on this world.

"I know right?!" Twilight asked beaming with excitement. "It's my very own personal copy. It's a fantastic reference guide. I've been waiting for a chance to use it, and today's the day! This is gonna be so great!"

Applejack and Rarity looked at the book too as we looked at each other in nervousness. Well, this is going to be awkward, even to her.

"....Well, Twilight darling...A slumber party sounds...fun and all, but...well...uh.." Rarity tried to find the words to let Twilight down easy, but was unable to say anything as she didn't want to break Twilight's heart.

"It's just that...slumber parties are mostly for fillies." Applejack said finishing Rarity's sentence. "Plus, Ren's here, so I don't think he would like it all that much."

"Nah, it's okay, I used to have slumber parties with my little sis, so it's good if I can handle girl stuff." I said happily.

"Yeah, and I want to be part of it too!" Kodi said wanting to partake in it as well.

"Well...if you two say so." Applejack shrugged.

"Yes, uh, great." Rarity said as she made a quick glare at Applejack. Oh right, they're still mad at each other because of their differences. Well this is going to be along night. "Well then, let's get started, shall we?" Rarity suggested.

They began to grab, whatever it was they used for face masks. I overheard Kodi's stomach growled, sounds like someone's a little hungry.

"You hungry, Kodi?" I asked.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten anything since I got here." Kodi said whimpering. I turned to Twilight and asked "Hey Twilight, do you know if you have anything Kodi can eat?"

"Well yeah, I have some leftovers from last night he can have." Twilight said as she pointed towards the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks. Come on Kodi, let's go!" I said as me and Kodi walked over to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge and took out some covered up plates full of lasagna to Kodi. As I put the plates on the floor, Kodi licked his lips and started to eat the food, much to our bewilderment.

"Wow, he must be that hungry if he can eat that fast." I said widening my eyes in surprise. After that, Kodi rubbed his belly, trying to shake off the pain after eating a couple of plates full of leftovers.

"Well...you full boy?" I asked bending down to his height.

"Y-yeah...I feel so good." Kodi said sighing happily.

"What in tarnation...." I overheard Applejack saying. "Now wait just a goll-darn minute. You make me wash off the mud on my hooves, but its okay for you to have mud all over your faces?" Oh boy, here comes another argument.

"Silly! This is called a mud mask. It's to refresh and reguvante your complexion." Rarity replied.

"We're giving each other makeovers! Tee-hee!" Twilight added. I heard excitement in her voice. "We have to do it, it says so in the book." No offense to her, but she needs to learn that not every answer can be found in a book. Hmm, maybe I should tell her that if she ever does something from a book again?

"Those girls really are enjoying this slumber party, eh?" Kodi asked getting up from the ground.

"Well, I wouldn't say 'enjoying' it Kodi. Twilight is the only one having fun, while the other two are just fighting with each other." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well either way, I still think this slumber party is actually pretty fun, even with this girly stuff." Kodi said as he happily wagged his tail. Me and Kodi walked over to the living room, where Applejack and Rarity were having another argument.

"Blahch. What in the word is this for?" Applejack asked about the cucumbers.

"Those are slices of cucumber Applejack." I answered her question.

"Yeah, I know Ren, but what are they for besides eating?" Oh...that. My bad.

Rarity let out a sigh of annoyance and replied "To reduce the puffiness around one's eyes, of course."

"Puffiness-Schmuffiness! That's good eating!" Applejack said as she took a bite of the cucumber, making some loud chewing noises.

"Tee-hee! Isn't this exciting? We'll do everything by the book, and that will make my slumber party officially fun." Twilight said oblivious to know Applejack's and Rarity's grudge.

"Did you hear that, Applejack? You certainly would not want to do anything that would ruin Twilight's very first slumber party, would you?" Rarity asked giving a smirk to Applejack.

"Of course not, nor you wouldn't either, I reckon." Applejack said as she glared at the white unicorn. Oh boy.

"So do we have an agreement?" Rarity asked.

"You betcha!" Applejack spit her hoof afterwards, much to Rarity's shock.

"Oh! Gross! You know, there's messy and there's just plain rude." Rarity exclaimed in anger and disgust.

"You know, there's fussy and there's just plain getting on my nerves."

"Fortunately, I can get along with anypony, no matter how difficult SHE may be."

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm the get-alongin'ist pony your ever gonna meet."

"That's not even a word."

"This is going to be the bestest slumber party ever! YAY!" Twilight exclaimed in joy. I gave her a blank expression at her not noticing Applejack and Rarity's argument. I understand that she's having fun but don't you think that maybe she might do something to stop this.

"Hey Ren darling, you said you've done a slumber party with your little sister, right?" Rarity asked.

"Um...yeah why?" I asked curiously.

"Well, if so, that means you've done girl stuff, right?" Ah, I see where she's going with this.

"Yeah, I know how to paint girl's nails and comb their hair, here I'll show you." I said as I picked up a comb from the floor that was happily right next to Twilight and started to comb Rarity's hair

"There you go..just hold still and relax, this might take a bit." I said combing her hair gently.

"Oh...Ren darling, you are so amazing, unlike somepony I know." Rarity said as she made a quick glare at Applejack, who glared at her back. I let out a sigh and shook my head.

I noticed that Kodi was feeling confused upon what was happening between their argument. Well he is a pup, so he doesn't understand why Applejack and Rarity are fighting and arguing. Let's just hope they can make up later.

"Alright...done." I said as Rarity's mane was completely beautiful.

"Oh Ren, thank you so much. How should I ever repay you my friend?" Rarity asked feeling grateful about her mane being beautiful again.

"Oh, it's nothing, besides it's on the house." I said winking at her, causing her to giggle. You know, I think this slumber party will go without a hitch...if Applejack and Rarity don't start fighting each other again.


"And remember this, if you feel as though something is watching you or if your electronics starts to go static, then that means he'll find you and takes your soul away!" I exclaimed, causing Applejack, Rarity, Kodi, and Twilight to scream in agony.

You see, I just told the tale of Slenderman to them, yeah, that game always got me with its jumpscares and such, but its gonna take more than jumpscares to take me.

"Alright, ghost story check." Twilight said as she pulled over a blanket from her body and walked over to her book.

"Boy...that Slenderman guy is so scary, it's a good thing it was just a story and he's not real." Kodi said sighing in relief.

"Oh no Kodi...he's very much real." I said in a spooky voice, causing Kodi to whimper in fear. "Nah, I'm just messing with ya!" I said rubbing his head.

"Oh thank goodness." Kodi said letting out a sigh. You know, Kodi isn't half bad, he's actually a good dog. Hmm, I wonder...

"Alright everypony, let's go to the kitchen!" Twilight called for us. We headed for the kitchen, where Applejack began roasting marshmallows on a nearby fireplace while Rarity was going over the instructions on making a s'more, and I was busy giving Twilight an example on how to make a s'more with Rarity reading the instructions.

"Then you place one marshmallow on the top of the chocolate and be sure its centered, that's critical, and then carefully put another perfectly square graham cracker on the top. And done!" Rarity said finishing her explanation just as I finished making the s'more.

"Ta-da!" I said as I made a plate full of smores.

"Ooo!" Twilight said gazing at the treat.

"Oh, can I have one?" Kodi asked bringing up the puppy eyes. Ooh, who can resist something like that?

"Sure Kodi." I said as I gave him one. Luckily, I didn't put any chocolate in any of the s'mores because you know, chocolate is poisonous to dogs. You know, I always wonder why is chocolate so poisonous to dogs?

"And then you eat it!" Applejack said as she and Kodi took a bite of the s'mores. They munched on it loudly on the treats as Rarity stared at them, mostly Applejack, very annoyed. Finally, both Kodi and Applejack let out a belch.

"You could at least say excuse me." Rarity said letting out a sigh of annoyance.

"I was just about to, but you interrupted me." Applejack replied. "Pardon."

"S'mores, check." Twilight announced, writing in her book. Okay seriously, I understand this is her first sleepover but this is kinda ridiculous. "Now the next item of fun we have to do is Truth or Dare."

"Oh, I love that game, mostly the dares, but I love doing it!" I said happily.

"Well then, if so, then I dare Applejack to do something carefully and neatly for a change." Rarity said as she began her argument with Applejack once again. Oh come on!

"Oh yes? Well I dare Rarity to lighten up and stop obsessing over every last little detail for a change." Applejack argued back.

"I think the truth of the matter is that somepony could stand to pay a little more attention to details." Rarity said glaring at Applejack.

"And I think the truth is somepony out of quit with her fussing so the rest of us can get things done."

I grew more annoyed with each argument they made. Kodi became nervous upon seeing my annoyed expression while Twilight walked over to her book and flipped through the pages. "Um, I don't think this is how the game's supposed to work. You have to give an honest answer to any question or do whatever anypony dares you to do."

"I dare you to step outside and let your precious, tidy mane get ruined again!" Applejack began first, causing Rarity to gasp in shock.

"But..I can't, Ren fixed it up all up for me!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Well you have to. It's the rule." Twilight said backing Applejack up.

"HAH!" Applejack laughed.

"Hm! Fine then!" Rarity exclaimed as she slowly walked to the door and then outside, letting hersef get drenched in the rain. Applejack snickered as she came back in with her mane and tail shivering. Applejack began laughing but was cut short when Rarity walked straight towards her, with a washed up, ruined mane.

"Okay! I dare Applejack to play dress-up in a fru-fru, glittery, lacey outfit!" Rarity proclaimed, much to Applejack's shock. Applejack grumbled angrily as she walked away to put on her outfit. When she came back, she was wearing, what appeared to be, a princess outfit. Wait a minute, where did she get that anyway?

"Happy?" Applejack asked.

"Very." Rarity replied, giving off a smirk.

"Um, do I ever get a turn?" Twilight asked, trying not to interrupt.

"I dare you to enter the next rodeo when it comes to town." Applejack commenced.

"I dare you not to enter the next rodeo that comes to town." Rarity replied.

"I dare you to not comb your mane a hundred times before bed."

"And I dare you to comb yours just once."

As much I didn't want to get mad, I couldn't handle anymore... all this fighting... it was getting to me... I finally broke and shouted.

"I DARE YOU BOTH TO STOP ARGUING AND SHUT UP!" I immediately stormed out of the room, and heading upstairs. I went inside Twilight's room and tried to calm myself down. Why can't they just make up and just forgive each other?

"Ren?" I turned around to see Kodi walking into the room, feeling worried about me. "Are you okay? You were feeling angry and shouted at those two ponies."

"S-sorry about Kodiak, I was just angry at them arguing, I just hate people or ponies arguing with each other, it never solves anything." I said rubbing my head in embarrassment. "Whenever I see people argue or fight each other, it's just a sign of breaking friendship, and I don't want to my friendship with Rarity and Applejack to end with them hating each other." I admitted sadly. It's true, I don't want to be alone with no friends, no family or such, I just don't...want to be...alone forever...

Suddenly, I felt as though someone was hugging me as I looked down to see Kodiak was nuzzling me.

"It's okay Ren, I know how you feel." He said feeling depressed.

"You do?"

"Yeah, to be honest with you, I actually traveled some parts in Equestria not just to look for my parents, but maybe find an owner that can take care of me, but whenever a pony finds out my ability to talk, they either tried to scare me away or just run away from me." Kodi started to whimper sadly as he was on the verge of tears. I started to pet him, which made him cheer up a little.

"It's okay Kodiak, I know you had some bad experiences with them, but they were just surprise and frighten about a talking dog, no offense."

"None taken."

"Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that, you have me, Twilight, and the rest of our friends accept you for who you are, and I think your ability to talk is so awesome!" I exclaimed happily.

"Y-you really think so." Kodi said as his eyes sparkled in joy.

"Of course, I mean we are friends after all." I said happily. Kodi smiled happily as he jumped onto my face and started licking me. "Okay, okay, I think I get the message! Stop it! That tickles!" I exclaimed as I was laughing my pants off.

CRASH!

What the heck?! We heard some crashing sound, and it sounds like it was coming outside.

"What was that?!" Kodi asked feeling scared.

"I don't know..." I said as I looked out the window and saw a tree has just crashed into some nearby house. Oh no, this is bad, I need to do something.

"Kodiak! Stay here boy!" I said as I headed out the door.

"Wait, where are you going?!" Kodi asked fearfully, but I didn't answer him back as I headed outside, where I saw Twilight, Applejack, and Rarity trying to pull the tree out of the way.

"What happen?!" I asked. Twilight was surprised of me being here, but then answered my question.

"The tree fell down, crashing into somepony's house, so we're trying to get it out of the way!" Twilight replied.

"I tried to tell you it would come crashing down in here!" Rarity cried out.

"Well, you should've tried harder!" Applejack replied. "I'm mighty sorry Twilight, you too Ren!" Applejack apologized to us.

"It's okay you guys, I'm sorry I yelled at you two, but now's the time to get that tree out of the way!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, we saw Rarity placing the books back on Twilight's shelf while using one of them to cover her mane.

"What in tarnation are you doing there?!" Applejack asked angrily.

"Cleaning up this mess sompony made. Who was that again? Oh right, that's YOU!" Rarity responded. I face-palmed as I smelled another argument coming up.

"We gotta do somethin'!" Applejack exclaimed. She tried kicking the tree, pulling the tree with a rope, jumping on the tree, and any other way to get rid of the tree. "Rarity, for pony's sake, stop sweating the small stuff and help me get rid of this thing!" Rarity only glanced back and then continued placing the books back. "I said hussle over here and help me!" Rarity didn't listen. "Look, I'm sorry, all right?"

"What was that?" Rarity asked.

"She said she was sorry already!" I exclaimed, much to Rarity's surprise.

Applejack then let out a sigh and continued on. "Ren's right, I'm sorry Rarity. I should've listened to you when you noticed where this here branch would end up. Your annoying attention to detail would have saved us from this whole mess. But right now, you need to stop being so dang fussy picking up all those little things and help me move the one big thing in here that actually matters! Please!"

Rarity finally looked over at the tree when Applejack said that. She looked like she wanted to help, but she was worried about something. "Uh. Uh, but I'll get all icky!" She exclaimed.

"Consarnit! What the... eh... you... I mean, yes, ickiness is often a side effect of hard work. But y'all need to get over it, on account I just can't fix this mess I made myself. I need your help!"

Rarity hesitated for a moment, and then thought. Finally she looked toward Applejack. "Oh. Let's do this."

"I'll help you too!" I said as me and Rarity walked over to Applejack and talked for a moment, sharing a plan. Rarity, Applejack, and I began to get to work. Rarity used her magic to make the tree into a bunch of small ornaments instead, and I started to push the big tree out of the way.. Applejack was about to help me by kicking the bottom of the tree out the window, but she noticed Rarity's look on her face and paused. She placed her feet down and turned around. She grabbed the stump instead and lightly threw it out the window, which I closed the window, and the chaos died down. Rarity looked at herself. She was covered in mud and leaves.

"U-ugh. Oh, I look awful." Rarity said.

Applejack thought for a moment and thought up of an idea. She grabbed a couple of the eye pieces used in spas and placed them on Rarity's eyes.

"Better?" Applejack asked.

"Hm, thanks." Rarity responded.

They both hugged. I drew out a long sigh as I saw those two reconcile themselves. Well I'm glad those two made up for once.

"I'm glad you two made up... all your arguing has been only trouble!" Twilight said sternly.

"Yeah, I understand that you two are different, but you're still friends, you guys shouldn't be fighting over minor differences. You guys should accept for who you are and each other." I said agreeing with Twilight.

"You're right..." Applejack replied sadly. She looked over to me. "I'm mighty sorry, Ren. I didn't mean to cause you no harm..I was too busy being dumb enough to argue..."

"I'm truly sorry too, Ren. I shouldn't have argued with Applejack." Rarity added. "We are friends after all...and we don't like to hurt one another. Can you ever forgive us?" Rarity asked politely.

They all looked at me with pleading eyes. Ah, what the heck? They already forgave each other already anyway. "Yeah, I forgive you guys. I just don't like seeing ponies fight and argue each other, it's just wrong. But I'll forgive you guys." I said happily.

"Aww!" They all exclaimed as they gave me a group hug. Sure, I gotten a little dirty, but whatever.

"Ren! Ren!" We turned around to see Kodi running out of the door and jumping into my arms. "What happen?! Is everything okay?!" Kodiak asked in concern.

"It's okay Kodi, the problem was taken care of. I'm just glad that everypony is making up. Now let's get back to our slumber party!" I exclaimed happily, much to Kodiak's joy.

"Hey, I was about to say that!" Twilight whined, which caused us to laugh happily. As we headed inside, I smiled softly and gazed Kodi. You know, I kinda feel bad for him trying to look for a home. I wished there was something I could do. Unless...

"Hey Kodi." I called out to him.

"Yes Ren?" Kodi asked in confusion.

"I understand that you don't have a home, but I think you found someone who can give a nice place to sleep, and good place to call home." I said giving him some hints.

Eventually, Kodi realized what I was implying as he looked up at me with a surprised expression. "Are you saying that..."

"Yep, I'm going to take care of you, we'll be like roommates, and we'll become the bestest of friends." I said happily, causing Kodi to lick my face. "Ha ha ha! I knew you like it!" I exclaimed in joy.

"Wow, that's mighty nice of you to do that for little Kodiak, Ren." Applejack said smiling at me.

"Yes, but are you sure you know how to take care of a dog?" Rarity asked.

"Well maybe not, but I had a pet back from my world. so how hard can it be to raise a dog?" I asked with a smirk.

"Well I guess you're right, but just in case..." Twilight use her magic to levitate a book to me. I read the cover and it said 'How to Raise A Dog', huh, that's convenient. "You might need this." Twilight said smiling softly.

"Okay, I get it Twilight, I get it." I said putting little Kodiak down and putting the book on my arm.

"This is going to be great, we can play fetch! We can run around crazy and we can eat some delicious snacks!" Kodiak said running around in joy, causing us to laugh.

"Okay, just calm down already." I said with a smile.

"He's right, we should probably head back to our slumber party, and besides Ren, do you think you can help by fixing somepony's mane?" Twilight pointed to Rarity, whose mane was ruined...again.

I let out a sigh and said "Okay, I'll help." I said smiling at them as we resumed our slumber party. You know, besides Applejack and Rarity's argument, tonight was the best night ever, and adopting Kodiak as my pet dog is amazing as well. I always wanted a dog, but let's just hope I know the challenges on raising one. I mean, it can't be that difficult right....right?

To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter was too short. Anyway, I thought that Ren should have a pet here in Equestria, and besides, I think Kodiak is a good name for a Siberian Husky. He's just so adorable! Anyway, see ya in the next chapter, until then, Bye-onara! Oh, here's what Kodiak looks like:

PreviousChapters Next