• Published 24th Jan 2018
  • 4,852 Views, 440 Comments

My Little Pony: Ren's Adventures In Equestria - MaxTV1234



Ren Loodan, a human who awoken in Equestria from a spaceship, meets the Mane Six and tries to search for his past and defeat the forces of evil, along with other humans who awaken in pods as they team up with Ren in search for their pasts as well.

  • ...
 440
 4,852

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37 - Sweet & Elite!

"Do you boys know why I love Canterlot so much?"

"Because of the sweet and awesome food around here?"

"Because of this beautiful architect that Twilight told me once?"

"Because of all the snobbish ponies?"

Rarity ignored all our answers as she sighed "Because of everything! I may have been born in Ponyville, but I am a Canterlot pony at heart."

Yeah, I bet that's why. So anyway, here's what we got: Apparently, Twilight's birthday is this week, so Rarity decided to head over to Canterlot to prepare her a surprise birthday gift while Kaede and Carrie stays over at Ponyville to help make sure Twilight has a good birthday weekend. What's surprising was that Rarity begged me, Jamie, and Ren to come over for some helpful things when around Ponyville, which if I had to guess was because she needs someone to hold her bags. I don't mind, I was getting bored ever since we wrapped up that super hero thing last week.

"Though, can't argue with the snacks." Ren chuckled.

"Yeah, especially those delicious small cinnamon cakes." Kodi licked his lips and started drooling just in thought of those.

"Well I read a book about this place. Apparently, this is also where Princess Celestia lives in her royal palace, right?" Jamie questioned me, which I nodded and replied "Yes. We came here last time before an incident occurred."

"A-an incident?" Jamie asked in fear. "W-what kind of incident?"

"It's a long story, but we'll tell you next time." Ren said. "Right now, we should be finding a present for Twi."

"R-right..." Jamie nodded with a hesitant smile.

"Do not fear gentle-ponies..." Rarity assured with a soft grin. "We'll be fine. I have all week to make the perfect gift for Twilight."

"And I bet it's a dress, correct?" I asked with a raised brow and smirked.

"Indeed Mason, darling." Rarity chuckled, causing to roll my eyes. Thought so.

"Well either way, we're gonna need a place t-to stay if we want to do our work to f-find presents." Jamie explained, writing something down his journal.

"Oh yeah, you got a good point." Ren said, rubbing his chin in thought. "Hey Rarity, did you ever make reservations for a hotel?"

Rarity froze in shock before blushing a bit and replied "N-no...I'm afraid not."

"What?!" Jamie gasped. "S-so we don't even have a place to stay?!"

"Relax Jamie, we'll find a way." I assured, crossing my arms.

"B-but how?! We're going to be living out in the streets by the end of the day!" Jamie exclaimed, causing Ren to put a hand on his back and said "Relax Jamie, we'll be fine. Trust us, like Mason said, we'll find a way."

"Exactly!" Rarity agreed. "Though, it can't be that hard, right?" Rarity chuckled.

"I guess so." I shrugged. As we continued to walk through the streets of Canterlot, I noticed some ponies, mostly the wealthiest and fancy-looking ponies were giving us stares. We've only been here a few times and yet these guys are giving us weird looks.
You think that maybe they would accept us so soon?

“Excuse us? Ms. Rarity, Mr. Loodan, Mr. Watson, and Mr. Hunter, I presume?” Huh? We turned our left to see two Royal Guards standing towards us with serious expressions on their faces.

“Yes, can we help you?” I asked, narrowing my eyes a bit.

“We come here to take you to Princess Celestia. She wishes to see you all.” One of the guards answered.

“Really? Celeste wants to see us?” Ren wondered.

“Maybe she must’ve noticed us and wants to see how we’re doing so far.” Kodi suggested.

“Ren! P-please show some respect to the princess! Twilight told me that we need to respect her very deeply! Besides, t-they’re guards in f-front of us!” Jamie said, hiding behind me, causing me to sigh.

“Anyway, you said that Princess Celestia needs us?” I asked curiously.

“Indeed. Come with us.” The guards said in unison as we followed them and headed straight into Princess Celestia’s castle. Hmm…so the princess needs us, for what reason?


Later
“S-so you guys met this Princess Celestia before, r-right?” Jamie asked nervously. “If Twilight told me to respect her dearly, then we mustn’t upset her or do anything ridiculous!”

“Jamie, you’re overreacting.” Kodi said in a deadpan look.

“I’m just saying!”

“Don’t worry James, we met her a bunch of times and we know she’s a very good princess and doesn’t mind a few troubles.” Ren assured with a grin.

“Though, you must stay on her good side. It’s very rude to give her nicknames, Ren.” Rarity said, giving Ren a raised brow.

“R-right…” Ren chuckled sheepishly.

“Besides, she looked and act nice from if you do anything too stupid, but she can keep calm and hide her annoyance and frustration as long as she can. That’s how Mr. and Mrs. Ortega handle when we came to their family.” I explained.

“T-that is true.” Jamie agreed sadly. “Even the nicest rich people can hide their true colors…”

Hm? Is he okay? Right, he’s the son of Mr. Watson, who is said to be the richest man in the world. He’s very serious and is cold to anyone. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t paid any attention to his own children.

“You want to talk about it?” I asked, but he shook his head and replied “N-no…I’m fine.”

That doesn’t sound like your fine.

We finally stopped in front of the giant doors as the Royal Guards that took us here opened them for us, allowing us to see the princess. Jamie was awed upon seeing how tall she was than an average pony.

“Ah Ren, Mason, and Rarity, it is an honor to see you all once again.” Princess Celestia bowed before noticing Jamie. “Oh, and this is your new friend who Twilight told me about. It is nice to meet you at last, Jamie Watson.”

“S-she knows m-my name…” Jamie muttered, his eyes widened and shivering in fear.

“Just bow.” I said sternly, which startled him before he did it.

“I-it’s nice to meet you ma’am. Sorry if I’m annoying your presence or…”

“It’s quite alright Jamie. Twilight told me a lot about you.” Princess Celestia smiled. Wonder what kind of things she told him? Probably the most obvious traits in him: doubts.

“It’s very nice to meet you Princess Celestia. But…how did you call for us?” Rarity asked curiously.

“You see, I just received a message from Twilight and she tells me that you all were coming to Canterlot.” Princess Celestia showed us the letter as Ren received it and started reading it aloud.

“Dear Princess Celestia, my friends, Rarity, Jamie, Ren, Kodi, and Mason are coming here to Canterlot for a week as they’re having some off time here in Canterlot. Would you please let them stay in the Canterlot Castle until their week is done. Thank you.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.“


“Oh wow, that’s nice of her.” Jamie said with a soft grin. “I-I never expected her to send a message to you so soon, y-your highness.”

Princess Celestia let out a chuckle and replied “Well I send a letter of reply back to her a while ago, and I escorted my guards to go see if you five were here.”

“So wait, does that mean that we get a stay here again?” Kodi asked, brightening up on that idea. “That sounds awesome!”

“Oh right, you guys send you’ve been here.” Jamie said, looking at them with confusion.

“Yep, and the service here was awesome while we waited for Mason to come out of the hospital.” Ren explained, shocking Jamie with that information while I face-palmed for Ren mentioning that.

“W-what?! D-did something terrible happened to you?!” Jamie asked me, causing me to sigh and replied “Sorry, but that’s another time. Right now…”

I turned to Princess Celestia with a bow and said “It is a pleasure for you to allow us to stay in your castle for a while.”

“It is my pleasure, Mason.” Princess Celestia bowed with a soft smile before turning around and said “Please follow me.”

With that, we began following her and walked through the stairs while I carried our bags, while Rarity had Opal by her side. It may be tough for someone or somepony to carry these bags, but I am strong enough to carry all their stuff, especially Rarity’s.

“You sure you don’t need help?” Ren asked in concern.

“Yeah, you kinda got a lot of suitcases to carry.” Kodi pointed out.

“I’ll be fine. Thank you for all of your concern.” I smiled as we continued to walk up the stairs of the castle. We soon arrived to the top as Princess Celestia walked towards a door and opened it up for us by using her magic.

“Here we are…this is where you shall stay.” Princess Celestia said, showing us the room, which contained what any royal guest could sleep in. A large nice soft bed in Queen Size, a big mirror, and furniture that any wealthy person and pony could live.

“Oh my…this place…looks great…” Jamie muttered, glancing away. Hm? It seems like he doesn’t like the place…wonder why?

“Here? I get to stay here?” Rarity gasped, looking around the place in shock.

“Yep! This place is just as I remember.” Ren grinned while Rarity turned to him with a slightly shocked expression as she grabbed him by the shirt collar and exclaimed “You’ve been here before Ren and yet you’ve never told me that the rooms you all slept were comfy while I had to go back and forth to here when Mason was in the hospital?!”

“Again, I’m right here…” I said, putting the bags down before giving them a deadpan glare.

“Well yeah, it’s quite awesome being here, right?” Kodi asked, while Ren nodded before Rarity let go of him as he dropped on the floor, muttering an ‘Ow’ when he landed.

“Twilight Sparkle said you all were coming to Canterlot for a visit, and asked if I might accommodate you.” Princess Celestia said with a soft smile on her face. I allowed Nate and Maddy out of my scarf and onto the soft bed, much to their delight. As they started adjusting getting comfy, they saw Opal making some room as she patted her paws delightfully on the bed, causing them to be frightened and jumped on top of my shoulder, nuzzling me out of worried.

“It’s alright you guys, I won’t let Opal eat you.” I assured before glaring at Opal, who started to go take a nap on the bed. I’m seriously going to tame that cat and teach it obedience.

“Thank you so much, Princess.” Rarity thanked with a bright smile.

“You’re very welcome.” Princess Celestia nodded.

“No, really.” Rarity rushed over and bowed to her. “This is so nice of you.”

“Yeah…it’s really nice.” Jamie sighed, settling down on one of the comfortable beds.

“It’s nothing, really.” Princess Celestia smiled.

“Oh, but it isn’t nothing, it’s everything! I, I just don’t know what to say but thank you, thank you!” She immediately bowed and started kissing the princess’s hoof while kept saying ‘Thank you’ to her. Ren, Kodi, and I looked at each other in deadpan expressions while Princess Celestia glanced away nervously and awkwardly.

“Umm…your highness?” Jamie called with a frown. “I-I thank you so much for letting us stay.”

“Of course, after all, you all should be thanking Twilight for allowing you guys staying here.” Princess Celestia assured before slowly moving her hoof away from Rarity.

“Well I-I thank you…” Jamie said sadly. “Also, c-can you tell T-Twilight that I said thank you, your highness?”

“I can, and also, you do not need to call me ‘your highness’. You can just call me Celestia, or Celeste in Ren’s opinion.” Princess Celestia assured with a grin, much to Jamie’s surprise as he slowly turned to Ren, who grinned back at him and winked.

“Y-yes…thank you, Princess C-Celestia.” Jamie nodded. Princess Celestia smiled as she said “I’ll leave you all to get settled. I’ll see you later. Just come by the throne room when you all feel like you can chat with me.”

“Alright, see ya Celeste.” Ren waved goodbye as she began walking out of the room.

“So Mason darling, did you put away our bags on the beds?” Rarity asked me, which I nodded and replied “Yeah, I’ll pack them up if you want.”

“No no no, that’s alright. Thank you for asking though.” Rarity smiled.

“R-Rarity…” We turned to Jamie as he held on his journal with a questionable look and said “I was meaning to ask you, but why did you pack so much luggage? It’s only for the weekend.”

“Well Jamie, you need the most absolute necessities for when you’re going on a little trip.” Rarity explained.

“Really? That’s why?” Kodi asked incredulously. “That’s ridiculous.”

“Oh please, only mares know how it goes.” Rarity waved it off until we heard Ren’s stomach rumbling, much to his embarrassment.

“I guess I’m a little hungry.” Ren shrugged.

“Well…we’ve only gotten here since noon, so I guess we can get something to eat.” I sighed.

“Besides, it’ll be nice taking a stroll around Canterlot. It helps me think of what kind of dress Twilight wishes to make.” Rarity added.

“Just make sure it isn’t something like last time.” Ren said, much to Rarity’s embarrassment and me and Jamie’s confusion.

“R-Ren! I thought we agreed to never talk about that ever!” Rarity exclaimed.

“About what exactly?” Jamie asked curiously.

“Uhh…trust me, it’s best if you don’t know.” Ren shook his head with a serious expression on his face. Hmm…something tells me that I’ll keep his word for good.

“Indeed.” Rarity nodded before walking over to her cat, Opal, and levitated her when her horn glowed. “I’ll be right back gentle-ponies, but I need to prepare Opal to wear something to go out in the streets.”

“Oh come on!” Ren complained.

“I-is it really necessary?” Jamie asked in a deadpan expression.

"Hush hush, everypony. It'll take about five minutes, that's all." Why do I have a feeling it's going to be more than just five minutes? Rarity soon walked to the bathroom with Opal by her side as she closed the door and we waited for her to be done.

"So guys....do you know what you're gonna get Twilight for her birthday?" Ren asked curiously.

"Not that much. Though, I bet Pinkie is planning a surprise birthday party for her while Kaede is probably picking up my sister from school." I answered.

"Well I-I hadn't thought that much...I don't know what to get her." Jamie sighed.

"Well why not get her a book? She always has a fascination towards them." Ren suggested.

"But she has so many books! There's no way I could give her that!" Jamie exclaimed before sighing heavily "Just face it...I'm useless..."

"You know, talking like that won't build you confidence." I said sternly, causing Jamie to look at me in confusion.

"W-what do you mean?"

"What I mean is that telling yourself that you can't do it won't lead you nowhere. You need to doubt yourself."

"He's got a point." Ren shrugged.

"R-right..." Jamie muttered sadly.

"Hey, what's up with you? Just a second, you felt sad and disappointed. Does this place remind you of home?" I asked curiously.

"Well...a little. But it's not that..."

"Really? Then what's wrong then?" Kodi asked curiously. Before Jamie could answer, the bathroom door opened, revealing Rarity and Opal, but one look at the white Unicorn showed she wore a pink hat with a beautiful gem on it.

"Well boys, what do you think?" Rarity grinned.

"It looks awesome." Ren nodded.

"Amazing!" Kodi added.

"I-I think that's a good hat." Jamie muttered, hiding his face a bit with his journal. "Y-you look beautiful, R-Rarity."

"You look fine as always." I replied with a serious expression.

"Excellent! Now come on boys, we got some ideas to come up with." Rarity said, walking over to the door. I walked passed her and opened it for her, much to her delight. "Oh my! Tee-hee, such a gentle-pony. Thank you Mason."

"You're welcome Rarity." I bowed as she walked over the door, along with Ren, Kodi, and Jamie before I went last and closed the door. I just hope that we'll be able to find a good place to eat so that we can go and find some gifts for Twilight's upcoming birthday.


Later
"I gotta say, who knew the cafe here in Canterlot are quite something." Ren commented with a grin.

"Tell me about it! They know how to sell good cakes!" Kodi agreed, finishing up his chocolate cakes from a bowl the waiter handed him. We were at the Canterlot Cafe, enjoying a nice and sweet lunch. Jamie just ordered a glass of water and a salad since the restaurants' here in Equestria only sell vegetables and anything ponies eat, which is not healthy for humans, but it seems Ren enjoys it. He ordered a hay sandwich and some soda while I had a glass of water and Rarity ordered some tea. Sometimes, I'll never understand how does Ren enjoy eating this stuff, but like he said once, learn to appreciate living here in Equestria for a while till we find a way back home.

"Ahh, Canterlot...what would it feel like living in a place filled with sophistication and wonder..." Rarity sighed, taking a sip of her tea before turning to me and asked "Tell me Mason darling, you told me that you lived in the Ortega Family, which were owners of a wealthy company, correct?"

"Yes?" I answered, taking a sip of my tea.

"Well, I wonder how does living in a beautiful life filled with royalty makes you feel?" So she just wants me to answer that? Hmm, well I won't mind.

"Well to be honest, it just feels boring." I replied bluntly, shocking her.

"W-what?! Why would you say something like that?! You lived with a royal family?!" Rarity demanded.

"I know, I love my foster-family, but sometimes the rich life can be...tiring. I think even Elena can get tired with it due to her royal duties. Trust me, I know this by experience." Rarity looked at me with shock, not believing a single word from me.

"He's not wrong there." I glanced towards Jamie, taking some notes down, probably research about this city. But I know he just agreed to me. Hmm...seems to me he's also facing troublesome relationships with his family. No surprise there when you're the son of the richest man in the world.

"So anyway..." Ren cleared his throat in hopes of changing the subject. "What are we gonna do? What do you guys wanna get Twilight? I was thinking of getting her some lab equipment like tubes and such."

"Well that technically doesn't like a bad idea." Rarity shrugged. "Though I came up with a lovely gift for Twilight."

"Oh really? What's that?" I asked with a raised brow. Rarity pointed over to my right, seeing a pony with a scrunched nose wearing some weird dress, just like the other mares around here. "That sorta dress? The same one that every mare here is wearing?"

"Exactly! It's the perfect birthday outfit for Twilight! She's going to love it! Don't you all just love it, boys?" Rarity giggled. The only replied I gave her was narrow eyes while Jamie, Ren, and Kodi looked at each other, wondering if that's a good idea. Soon, the waiter came by and handed us more drinks while taking away our empty glasses before noticing what we're wearing and just scoffed.

"W-what? Is there something wrong mister?" Jamie asked worriedly.

"Nothing, that's what." He replied before walking off, leaving Jamie alone as he sighed sadly. And this is one of the reasons why I can't stand some nobles...just like Blueblood.

"Well anywho, after we finished having our lunch. I shall go and get the fabric from the store to prepare Twilight's gift for her birthday and my gratitude." Rarity said with a smile.

"Your...gratitude?" I asked. "Do you mean allowing the princess to let us stay in her guest rooms till we find Twilight's gifts?"

"Exactly! Thank for you noticing, Mason." Rarity chuckled before sipping more of her tea. Soon, she noticed something behind as she placed her tea back on the plate nervously until I noticed some foam stuck around her muzzle.

"Oh my...here, let me get that for you." I said, taking a piece of napkin from the table and wiping her face gently to get rid of that mess of her face. "There you go...good as new."

"Oh..." Rarity blushed a bit and giggled nervously before replying "Why thank you Mason, darling. I-I haven't noticed it."

"Quite."

"Please excuse our interruption." Oh great, looks like we got more snobbish rich ponies and let me tell you...that's gotta be the most ridiculous voice I've ever heard. Me and the others turned around to see a couple of ponies wearing fancy clothing. "I'm Jet Set and this is my wife, Upper Crust. We saw you from across the cafe and just had to find out..."

"Where did you get that simply marvelous chapeau?" His wife finished, creating some overly dramatic sentences that just annoys me.

"Oh that? Rarity made that." Ren answered with a grin, but the two ponies noticed him and was surprised to see him. If I had to guess, it's because we're not ponies.

"Umm...who are you? This pony's pet?" Upper Crust asked, much to Ren's surprise and Kodi's anger.

"No, I'm his pet and that's my best friend you're talking to!" Kodi growled, shocking the two fancy ponies upon seeing him talk.

"D-did that mutt just talk?"

"Umm...if you are actually curious to know what we are, we're humans. We're new to Equestria and-" Jamie was cut off as the two couples decided to forget that we ever existed and turned back to Rarity.

"Yeah, yeah, that's great. So anyway, what my beloved wife asked...where did you simply get that marvelous chapeau?" Jet Set asked. Oh wow, that's cold. Real cold.

"Oh, this old thing?" Rarity asked, looking over at her hat. "Oh, it's just something I-"

"Rarity!" Huh? Who is it now? Huh? Did I just feel a drip of water? It's not even raining, and not showing a grey cloud anywhere around here? We all looked up to see a window washer pony above us cleaning one of the cafe's window. "Hey Rarity!" Suddenly, as he kept waving at her, his movements caused the rope to break and fall down while hanging onto one rope.

"Hey Rares, do you know him?" Ren asked curiously.

"Y-yes...." Rarity nodded.

"Do I ever? Names Hayseed Turnip Truck!" Hayseed Turnip Truck?...Really? "Remember me, Rarity? We met at the big hoedown in Ponyville last month?"

"Wait, there was a hoedown?" Kodi asked curiously, unintentionally shocking the two fancy ponies. "When?...And how?"

"That I wonder too. Nobody told me there was a hoedown. I would've totally watched it!" Ren said with a grin.

"O-oh yes, of course...how are you?" Rarity asked with a nervous grin.

"Good! Real good!" Hayseed replied with a grin before the rope snapped and he fell down, landing on his back, causing us all to wince.

"I-is he going to be okay?" Jamie asked in worried. "Someone should probably call a doctor?"

"Hmm..." The two ponies turned to Rarity with a disgusted expression. "You're from...Ponyville?" Jet Set asked.

"Well yeah, yes but-"

"She sure is!" Hayseed said, getting back up with a smile while his recovery shocked Jamie completely. "She's a real big-time fancy pants dressmaker there! Probably made that real purty thing she's got on her head!"

"Not helping." I said with a stern look, which made Hayseed smile sheepishly at me.

"Hmph! I thought it looked a little country." Upper Crust commented.

"I told you it wasn't something you could get here in Canterlot, dear." Jet Set agreed.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Ren exclaimed, causing the two ponies to glare at him with smug looks.

"We're just stating our opinions that Ponyville is the number#1 uncouth place of all Equestria." Upper Crust stated, causing him to growl angrily.

"Hey! That's not true! It's an awesome place to live at! I've been living here in almost a year and I've been enjoying myself!" Ren complained. "Not our fault that you guys never experience it before it!"

"And come to think of it, if it wasn't for Ponyville, Canterlot wouldn't have this much architect than it is today." Jamie muttered loudly in agreement, catching our attention. "According to one of the sections of the history of Equestria, Ponyville was a very cultural town and thanks to a great success over by that town, they shared the fortune with the princess to build Canterlot into what we see today."

"Well...he's got you there." Kodi said, smirking at the two ponies.

"H-huh? Did I say that aloud again?!"

"Loud and clear." I commented.

"Hmph! Who cares?" Jet Set scoffed. "We don't need a little lesson about history. What we know is that Ponyville is filled with uncouth ponies while Canterlot is filled with sophisticated ponies like us."

"B-but...does it really matter about that kind of system?" Jamie asked with a weak smile. "I mean, shouldn't everypony be equal?"

"Excuse us?!" Upper Crust glared at Jamie, causing him to flinch and cover his face with his notebook in fear. "I'll have you know that my husband and I are quite more wealthy than you are!"

"B-but-"

"Just leave it alone honey." Jet Set, scoffing at the frightened Jamie. "Here's just some weird hairless thing that doesn't know how to be sophisticated like us."

I growled angrily and clenched my fists at seeing them beat up Jamie like that. I could even feel how upset and sad Jamie is feeling right now.

"Really? Sophisticated? I hardly see that." I scoffed, much to the two ponies anger. "Look, everypony is equal, that's what I believe. I don't give a crap about some system between high, middle, or low class ponies! That system is nothing but bull! And you know something else?" I glared at the two of them in a dark glare, causing them to feel frightened and slowly backing away. "Bullying my friends is a cowardly way for you nobles. If anyone acts like a brat, it's you two and anyone else around here that don't care about anyone but themselves. So if I were you, I would walk away and never come back...ever."

"Y-yes!" The two ponies nodded before making a run for it. I soon sighed and began relaxing before turning around and noticing the shocked and disturbed looks on my friends' faces.

"What?"

"...I'm just gonna leave now. Bye." Hayseed waved goodbye before running off. Well, that was something.

"Wow...just wow. I have never seen you act like that before." Ren said in surprise. "Well, I did back at the Grand Galloping Gala, but that was so cool at everything you just said."

"I was just stating my opinion to them. Nobody talks to my friends like that and gets away with that." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Mason, thank you for defending us back there." Rarity thanked, grinning at me.

"Yeah! You saved our plots back there!" Kodi commented with a grin.

"It was nothing..." I blushed, hiding my face with my scarf before noticing the sad look on Jamie. "Jamie? Is there something wrong? I already taken care of the problem, so there's no need to be upset."

Jamie began letting out whimpers as tears began to descend from his eyes.

"Jamie?" Rarity asked in worried before Jamie got out of his seat and began running away, leaving his notebook behind. "Jamie! Come back darling!"

"Jamie! Come back!" Ren called, getting out his seat as he and Kodi began chasing after him before he turned back and said "We'll try and cheer him up! You two go and find those awesome gifts for Twilight birthday thing!"

"We will!" Rarity called as Ren and Kodi chased after Kodi, leaving us alone in the cafe.

"Jamie..." I sighed, feeling terrible because of what happened. It must because of those snobbish idiots we had to deal with. Thanks to them, they made the poor boy crushed. Hm? He must've left his notebook on the table when he ran off.

"Oh dear...I hope Jamie is alright. I feel awfully terrible for him." Rarity said, feeling concern for his friend. "I should go after him as well to check up on him."

"Rarity, please relax. Ren's got this." I assured with a serious tone. "After everything we've been through, Ren is known for encouraging us all with his hope and determination."

"Well...you do make a valid point." Rarity agreed hesitantly. "But Jamie...I always know that young man is quite nervous, too nervous than Fluttershy." Well, you're not technically wrong. "But the way that I say those tears...I feel so useless for not standing up to him."

"It's not your fault. I don't blame you." I said with a sad look. "It's those nobles snobs that broke his heart. I guess that's understandable what's he been through since he is wealthy as well."

"And I take it this is one of the reason why you don't like being sociable with high-class society back in your world?" Rarity asked curiously, which I nodded and replied "Yes, because almost every noble, wealthy, or royal figure I encountered always act like they're above all other people instead of thinking of them as their equals. Elena understands this as well, I just wished that there's somepony out in your world that would understand that besides the princesses."

"Don't fret darling, I'm sure they're might be a possibility that we might encounter one." Rarity offered with a soft grin. "But right now, we need to get ready to prepare Twilight's gift."

"Okay." I nodded as the waiter came back and handed us the bill, which was ridiculously expensive. I sighed and replied "I'll pay for it. Ren gave me some of his bits."

"No no, allow me." Rarity assured.

"You sure? I don't wanna a lady like you to waste time paying for an expensive bill." I smirked, causing her to giggle and replied "Oh relax, I have almost a thousand bits back home due to my business and the many contracts I've signed."

"Oh...that's really....refreshing to hear." I said, blinking in surprise. Well, it seems hardly surprising for me to hear since she once told me that she's Ponyville's Number#1 Fashionista. No wait, that's more like Pinkie Pie...Oh who cares, let's just go and find those fabrics to prepare Twilight's dress while I can look over at the store to find what Twilight looks. Probably go and buy her a hat...maybe that'll be something she might like.


Meanwhile
Jamie's POV
It's not fair...I was only offering my info to them and try to make them try to forget about the whole split rich and poor system, but nooo, those guys just wanna keep being arrogant and now look at me, I'm crying like a coward all because they called me names. I can't stand up to them, I can't fight back...I'm so...weak...

"Jamie! There you are!" Huh? Is that Ren? I looked up to see Ren and Kodi looking at me with curiosity and worried, but however, seeing them appear right in front of me scared and made me fall down.

"You okay dude?" Ren asked in concern. "You really hit your head from that fall just now."

"Y-yeah, I'm okay." I said with a sad smile as Ren helped get me back up. "But what are you guys doing here? And how on earth did you find me?"

"Well one, after you just ran off and cried, we came after you to help cheer you up." Ren answered.

"And two, it was the most obvious place we knew you would come." Kodi finished, pointing towards a bookshelf behind me. Apparently, I ran away and went inside of this old library without consulting with the librarian of this place. I just kept running and running till I hid behind a bookshelf and just sat there and cried.

"Oh...I see." I sighed sadly.

"Hey James, is there something wrong? Was it those snobbish ponies that said all those mean things to ya?" Ren asked curiously, causing me to sadly glance away as I wasn't eager to tell him that.

"I-it's nothing...just sand in my eyes." I replied.

"Really? Then why did you ran away like that?" Kodi questioned.

"And if you did have sand in your eyes, you would've scratch your eyes instead of letting those tears out." Ren pointed out, causing me to sigh. Well...they got me there, it seems.

"Alright....can I ask you something Ren?" I asked curiously.

"Sure, what is it?"

"...If you were a part of a rich family...how would you feel?" Ren thought for a while until he answered "Well, it would boring because it doesn't give you enough freedom. Why do you ask?"

I sighed heavily and replied "Well you see....I'm tired everyday. Back on earth, there was always a social system people used back then that shows distrust between rich and poor people. Even here in this new world we're in, the system still lives. Do you know how frustrating for someone like me to live through many people being rude to you everyday?"

"Well kinda, I was bullied when I went to elementary school." Ren shrugged.

"What are you trying to say?" Kodi asked me.

"What I'm saying....I don't like being rich." I answered, much to their surprise. "It's just that...people from the lower class always have a rivalry with the high class, despite some wealthy people not being rude and arrogant....like my father. He always distant himself from me and all my sisters and only cares about his money and trying to make sure that his money doesn't go anywhere. That's why I hate being in the high class and being rich, I rather learn and see what life has gotten. I want....I want freedom."

"Whoa Jamie, that's an amazing story." Ren said with a smile before frowning a bit. "Though, sorry if you never gotten that freedom and had to endure that social system."

"Thanks for understanding. Though...I also wished to be strong. I...I really want to be strong to help defend others at least." I added with a soft smile.

"Well I'm sure Mason, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack can help you with that." Kodi offered.

"He's right, those three are the strongest I know so far. Well besides Big Macintosh." Ren agreed.

"Who?" I asked curiously, not familiar with that name.

"He's Applejack's older brother." Ren clarified, which I nodded in understanding.

"Oh...well thank you for understanding, Ren. You're a real...f-friend." I softly smiled while Ren and Kodi nodded with smiles on their faces. They completely understand how I feel...that's nice. Besides my sisters, my father and others would rather ignore me like I don't exist. It feels nice being...appreciated.

"Excuse me you two?" Huh? We turned around to see something that caught my eye. Apparently, we bumped into a white pony with red mane, but the strangest part that her hairstyle, and everything about her looks exactly like Twilight! "I noticed you two strange fellas hanging around here and wondered if you two were interested in picking out some books?"

"O-oh, sorry ma'am. I just came in here to look for my friend, right Jamie?" Ren asked me, but I was too focus on this mare looking exactly like Twilight! "Jamie?"

"Hm? Something wrong sweetie?" She asked me with concern.

"S-sorry ma'am! I didn't mean to stare at you too long! I-it's just that you look exactly like a friend of mine." I said, holding my hands in surrender.

"Oh? Really? She wouldn't be Twilight Sparkle, right?" She asked, which I nodded with a raised brow.

"Oh? Are you familiar with her?"

"More than that, she's my daughter."

.....
....
....
"WHAAAAAAAAT?!" Me, Kodi, and Ren exclaimed in shock, hearing that.

"Y-you're Twilight's m-m-mother?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Why yes. Oh wait, are you guys friends with my daughter? You two are from Ponyville?" She asked excitedly.

"Oh yeah, we're really good friends." Ren answered, chuckling nervously while rubbing his head bashfully. "Though, I never expected to bump into her mother."

"Yeah, I mean no offense m-ma'am-"

"Oh please, call me Twilight Velvet." She offered with a nice smile. Twilight Velvet? Umm...I think that's going to be difficult if Twilight was here.

"Y-yes Ms. Velvet, but as I saying, you...umm...." How can I say this?

"You look exactly like Twilight!" Kodi exclaimed, shocking Ms. Velvet.

"Oh my! A talking dog!" She gasped before she started cuddling him. "Ooh! He's so adorable! I just want to hug him so much! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?"

She started scratching underneath his chin, causing him to pant happily before falling on the ground as Ms. Velvet started scratching his belly, much to his joy.

"I am! I'm a good boy!" Kodi laughed.

"Wow, she looks like Twilight, but her personality is just...wow." Ren whispered to me, which I slowly nodded in agreement.

"So anyway..." Ms. Velvet cleared her throat before turning back to us. "If my Twilight here? I was hoping she would visit at least."

"Oh no, just us and a few of our friends." Ren answered. "We came here to Canterlot to find her a gift. This weekend is going to be her birthday and we find a perfect gift for her."

"Oh, I see! I forgotten that her birthday was coming up! That's so sweet for you two boys to do this for her. I bet you two are trying to win her heart, right?" She winked, causing us both to blush madly.

"N-no ma'am! We're d-d-doing this as friends! W-we're not dating!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! Same here!" Ren added.

"Wow, I never seen you blush like that before Ren. Guess Fluttershy's lessons really paid off." Kodi laughed.

"K-Kodi!" Ren glared at him.

"Well if you two want to find perfect gifts, I suggest you two let her take some of her oldest stuff and give it to them. She hasn't seen them since she was a little filly." Ms. Velvet chuckled at our reactions before we returned confused expressions.

"What do you mean by that?" Ren asked curiously.

"She means that we can use Twilight's old stuff that she has forgotten in her childhood and used them as gifts." I clarified. "Think of it as...nostalgia?"

"Hmm...yeah! Yeah!" Ren grinned at that idea. "Hey Twilight, do you think you maybe you can show us where do you keep her stuff?"

"Sure thing dearies! Follow me!" She gestured us to follow as she began leading us upstairs. "By the way, Night Light isn't here right now. He went off to do important business, that's all."

"N-Night light?" Ren snickered while I frowned a bit. Night Light? Why are all these equestrian names sound...ridiculous?

"Yep." Ms. Velvet nodded, not catching on his snickering as she led us to a room upstairs and opening it, revealing a room filled with books and such. "This was Twilight's old room. I hope you boys find what you came looking for. I don't mind what you take as long as it makes my little filly happy!"

"T-thank you Ms. Velvet, but...you don't need to do this for us." I said with a weak smile.

"No no no, it's my pleasure. Any friend of my daughter is a friend of mine." Ms. Velvet smiled, which I nodded.

"Whoa..." We looked back to see Ren holding up some glass tubes that seems to be to used for science and lab experiments. "This looks great, I'll give this to Twilight. She'll totally love it since she does love science. Besides, it might give her a good memory of this."

"Tee-hee, my Twily always loved science." Ms. Velvet giggled.

"Hmm..." I looked around the place, seeing how many books she has. If Twilight read all these books, then she's quite amazing, almost like me. I read my family's library like ten times and it was quite worth it since I didn't have any friends to play with. Though, I didn't mind since I love writing and reading books. Thanks to them, I became a successful author of mystery novels. Hmm....hello, what's this? I noticed a really old book that's covered in dust as I picked it up and blew it, revealing an ancient book that says something about some pony named Starswirl The Bearded. Hmm...I wonder who could that be?

"Oh, that was my Twily's first book she ever read. Starswirl the Bearded's biography Vol. 1. She must've forgotten about it when she moved to Ponyville. I won't mind if you give it to her for her birthday." I looked at Ms. Velvet with a surprised look before looking back at the book. Hmm...

"A-Alright...thank you Ms. Velvet." I said with a soft smile.

"Anything for a friend of Twily." Twilight Velvet giggled as we began to head out of her room.

"So anyway...did Twilight ever read every single book in your library?" I asked curiously.

"Why yes, she was always a fascinated little filly." Ms. Velvet giggled. "She always wanted to learn every single spell there was in Equestria and one day become a great mage like Princess Celestia. That's why me and Night Light discussed one day and allowed her to be accepted to Celestia's School of Gifted Unicorns."

"Oh, so it was like a boarding school of some kind, right?" Ren asked curiously. "Twilight told us back then."

"Yep, and the entrance exam was tough, but I knew our little Twily could do it. What's better is that she became the personal protege of Princess Celestia herself! It was so cute and wonderful!" Ms. Velvet cheered happily before covering her mouth. "S-sorry...forgotten that we're in a library."

"I-it's quite alright M-Ms. Velvet, but I know Twilight is quite a successful mage." I said with a soft grin.

"Heck yeah she is." Kodi agreed. "She was always good with spells."

"That I agree." Ren nodded. "Well anyway, looks like we're gonna need some wrapping paper and such in order to fold these gifts up."

"Well...there's some wrapping paper and such in the closet. You two boys and your little dog friend can use them to wrap those gifts up for ya." Ms. Velvet offered.

"Wow, thanks Twilight Velvet." Ren grinned before realizing something about that name. "You know, with that name, I think it would be confusing if Twilight was around because we might mistake you guys for one of them."

"Yes, good point." Ms. Velvet agreed. "Just call me Velvet or Ms. Velvet like your human friend calls me."

"Okay!" Ren nodded before saying "Hey wait, you know what we are?"

"Well of course, Princess Celestia spoke about you guys a while back and everyone talked about four creatures hanging around the Grand Galloping Gala." Grand Galloping Gala? What's that? I guess some ball for the wealthy ponies here in Canterlot or even Equestria.

"Oh right, I forgot about that. Best night we ever had." Kodi grinned, which Ren nodded in agreement.

"You said it Kodiak, but anyway, where's that wrapping paper you talked about?" Ren asked curiously.

"Oh right, they're in the closet. Follow me. Besides, we might get to know each other and you can tell me all the stories about how my Twily has been doing in Ponyville. I bet she has made tons of friends, yes?" Ms. Velvet asked, brightening her smile.

"Y-yeah." I nodded with a weak smile. "Well I barely know what Ren and the others has been doing in Ponyville since my a-arrival, but I'm sure he can fill you in."

"Yeah, totally! We have a lot to talk about!" Ren grinned as she led us towards the closet. As we headed towards the closet, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Like something I was supposed to do....I guess I'll try to figure out later.


Mason's POV
"Come along Mason, we mustn't waste time!"

"I know! I know!" I yelled back. After our little lunch at the Canterlot Cafe and with Ren and Jamie went off to who knows where after Jamie's little heartbroken moment from those two snobby idiots we encountered, me and Rarity finally gotten some fabric she needs to make Twilight's dress. I haven't decided what to give her yet, but I'm still working on it.

We walked through the streets of Canterlot as I noticed some ponies looking straight at us, not only because of my appearance that I'm not a pony, but also because Rarity was carrying a ton of bags with her magic while I carried a bunch in my arms, but I was strong enough to carry them.

"I have to get started right away." Rarity said. "This new design is very ambitious, and I've already written Twilight to let her know she'll have something beyond fabulous to wear at her party."

"Wait, since when?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Since when we were buying fabric." But...never mind. Never question logic and they tell me that I shouldn't question Pinkie Pie's...weirdness. Suddenly, Rarity bumped into somepony as she fell down and dropping her bags in the process. I quickly down my bags and went to go help her as I asked "Are you okay Rarity?"

"Y-yes, I am fine. Thanks for your concern Mason." Rarity assured before glancing over to the ponies we bumped into as the pony took off the bag filled with feathers off his head, revealing to be somepony wearing a monocle and had light blue mane and wore a vest. "Oh....my...goodness! Fancy Pants!"

"Fancy...pants?" I asked in a deadpan expression. Seriously, first Jet Set, then Upper Crust, now Fancy Pants? Seriously, I feel like whoever gave them those names aren't even trying anymore. "Really?"

Rarity nudged me hard as Fancy Pants used his magic to look at the bag with a soft grin and said "I say, that's one way to make an introduction."

Hmm...doesn't seemed to act arrogant, but who knows?

"Oh goodness, we are so sorry! I-I didn't see you there! I've just got so many bags and I was trying to get back to my suite at the castle and-"

"You're staying at the castle?" Fancy Pants asked incredulously.

"W-well...the Princess invited me to stay in one of the suites." Rarity softly grinned.

"You know the Princess?"

"Hmm, a pony with expensive tastes, I see." The mare standing next to Fancy Pants said, letting out a light chuckle.

"No ma'am, a friend of ours allowed us to stay at the castle." I said with a bow, gaining the two's attention.

"Oh my, another human. What a marvelous sight indeed." Fancy Pants smiled. "You know, you're the second human me and my beloved wife, Fleur De Lis, have encountered."

"The second?" I asked with an incredulous brow. Hmm...wonder who he met? Ren, Carrie, or the other two?

"Yes, he was quite the delightful young lad. I think his name was Ren Loodan, which I have got to say is a lovely last name." Yep, should've known that Ren bumped into someone like him.

"I see, well it is an honor to meet you. I am Mason Hunter, an acquaintance of Rarity." I said with a soft smile. "Anyway, me and my friend were just heading back to the Princess's castle to go and prepare for a special gift."

"Mason is right." Rarity agreed as she quickly put away all the stuff she dropped on the floor, and accidentally stuffing Opal into one of the bags as well while I went over and picked up the bags I settled down when I went to go and help Rarity as we began to take our leave. "Anyway, we are terribly sorry for bumping into you."

As we took our leave, Fancy Pants stated "But I'm not."

"Excuse us?" I asked, turning back to them as they smiled at us. Hmm...I guess he is one of the nicest wealthy pony I encountered here in Canterlot thus far.

"Heheh, you two are obviously somepony worth bumping into!" Fancy Pants said, causing Rarity to smile happily while I raised a brow at him as he continued "Listen, I have a VIP box reserved at the Wonderbolts Derby this afternoon. Would you...be so kind as to join me and a few of my companions there?" Fancy Pants asked politely, shocking Rarity while I raised a brow.

"Us?" Rarity asked incredulously.

"But of course, my dear."

"Why us? I'm not sure it's not because we bumped into you and your lovely wife. What's the catch?" I asked suspiciously.

"Catch?" Fancy Pants repeated before he and his wife chuckled. "Why there is no catch. See, I'm very friendly towards the folks around the places I've been to. So would you two accept coming along to the Wonderbolts Derby with us?"

"W-well...I'm, uh...ah...no...I-I mean, sure!" Rarity nodded with a grin, much to my surprise.

"I'm sorry...what?" I asked, but was ignored by them.

"We'd love to see you there, uh...?" Fancy Pants asked Rarity with a soft smile.

"Rarity." Rarity answered.

"Rarity." With that, he took his leave while his wife began making poses while we had our discussion till she noticed he was gone and went after her. I turned to Rarity and saw how excited she was.

"Rarity..." I said, giving her a stern look.

"Now Mason darling, I know what you're thinking, but this is so amazing! If I go there and fit in with the high class ponies! I might become popular and be a civilized pony here!" Rarity said with an excited look before noticing my stern look. "Well alright...you're right. I should focus on the dress rather than a simple Wonderbolt Derby that could help raise my popularity of this place, making me fit in with the high class-"

"Rarity...you're not fooling me." I sighed, which Rarity giggled nervously. "Anyway, we should hurry so that I may find Twilight a present for her birthday."

"A-Agreed." Rarity nodded as we began to move back to the castle in order to prepare for Rarity's present.


Later
"Thank you so much for your help Mason." Rarity thanked as I settled the bags down on the guest's bed.

"Your welcome." I replied as she began to work on the sketches of the dress. "So anyway, I gotta go and find a gift. Don't wanna be empty-handed for when we come back to Ponyville."

"A-Ah yes, I wouldn't want to interrupt or disturb you, Mason darling." Rarity smiled. "So anyway, I'll be here...working on the dress all day." Rarity assured, causing me to raise a brow. What is she planning now? Oh...she is gonna do it? Is she?

"Right..." I said with a sigh before forming a smirk. "See ya I guess and good luck with the dress."

"Indeed! Bye bye!" Rarity waved as I took my leave, and once I closed the door, I let out a heavy sigh. She's seriously wants you to go to that Wonderbolt Derby. This is seriously a bad idea. I know she's going to go, and once she goes, she won't be able to make the dress. Ugh, now what? If she does go, then she won't have a enough time to make Twilight's dress....Hmm...actually....

"Mason?" Hm? I turned around to see Princess Celestia walking towards me with a soft smile. "Mason, you look quite upset. Is there a problem?"

"I-it's nothing much...really." I replied, glancing away.

"You don't have to lie. Trust me, I can see when I'm being deceived. I can even tell when my sister is feeling upset." Princess Celestia smirked. Hmm, well played princess, well played.

"Alright...I fear Rarity might try to stay here in Canterlot forever and not go back to Ponyville." I explained with a sad look. "I understand she loves this place due to wanting to be civilized, but I'm afraid that she might turn into a snobbish ponies like some we encounter thus far and won't be able to finish the special present for your faithful student."

"I see...that is troubling." Princess Celestia thought aloud before putting a hoof on my shoulder and said "Though, I know and your friends might try to make her realize that Ponyville is her true home."

"You're right...I just don't know what to do anymore. If she won't listen to me, then I'm afraid she won't bother to come back." I sighed before crossing my arms in thought. I...I just worried her. She's going to be side-tracked by all this snobbish stuff. Ugh, if only the others were here to make her realize to stay true to herself then...wait...hmm...

"I know that look. It must mean that you got a plan, correct?" Princess Celestia asked with a smirk.

"Indeed." I nodded as I continued "So Princess, do you mind if you sent a letter to Twilight to let her and the others to come to Canterlot to spend her birthday here tomorrow. You know, since Rarity has some 'urgent business' with all the stuff she's doing."

"Ahh...I will get on it." Princess Celestia winked before taking her leave and said "Also, I hope you find the perfect gift for Twilight." With that, she began to take her leave while I couldn't help but smile. That Princess...she really knows what she's doing. Suddenly, the door behind me was opened, revealing Rarity as she was wearing the same pink hat she wore hours ago.

"Oh! Mason darling! I-I didn't know you were still here." Rarity exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah..." I glanced at her hat and asked "What's up with the hat?"

"O-Oh this? I-I was going to the store to buy more fabric to make the dress more marvelous than ever that'll make Twilight love it oh-so much!" Oh Rarity, you're so predictable that it almost makes me wanna laugh.

I smirked and said "Really? Despite having almost 50 kinds of fabric you bought back from the store?"

"W-well..." Rarity glanced around nervously. "A lady such as me needs to be prepared for everything. So I must carry on. But don't worry, I shall be back later, and I promise."

"...Okay." I replied, much to Rarity's surprise.

"Y-you really mean that?"

"Yep. Just go." I shrugged, much to Rarity's joy.

"I-I see! Thank you Mason darling." Rarity grinned before taking her leave. I sighed and shook my head, already knowing Rarity's true intentions on why she must leave. I was right, Rarity was predictable. Oh well, there's no stopping her and I guess I can allow her to do what she pleases. I just hope my plan will work by Twilight accepting to move her party to here so that Rarity won't 'miss' it.


Later
Great...now what to choose? I was looking over at the book store, hoping to find something to buy for Twilight's birthday. Well, I got nothing. I sighed heavily and began wondering how the others were doing? Carrie should be home by now as I did tell Kaede to go and pick her up for me and have a fun time at Twilight's birthday party. You know, this is actually the first time I'm being separated from my sister this far. I...I'm just worried. Truth be told, I never wanted to come here because of keeping watch over of my sister, but Ren and Rarity convinced me to come while Jamie pointed out that Twilight and friends could watch over her while we had business to attend here for picking out Twilight's gift.

Well...I just hope I picked the right decisions. I took out my locket and saw the picture of me, Carrie, and Elena back when we were kids. I hope you're alright Elena and are searching for me right now. I need to get back home...I...I just don't want her to feel lonely without me.

"Let's see..." Hm? I turned to my left, finding another pony looking over at the bookshelf. This one...was quite different than the other ponies around here. She had a moderate rose mane with some pale gold streaks and her coat was pale with some cerise while her eyes were light purple. She also seemed to have some royal accessories like that small crown on her head and wearing golden hoof shoes along with having wings...and a horn. Just like Princess Celestia. Judging by her appearance and those accessories, I know one thing...she's royalty.

"Hm? Is there something young lady?" I asked curiously, catching her attention before she became surprised on my appearance.

"Oh my!" She gasped.

"...If you're wondering what I am, I'm human. That's all you need to know." I said sternly.

"Oh, so you're one of those new species my aunt told me about." Aunt? Is she talking about...Princess Celestia? "I am so sorry for not noticing you. I was busy trying to find a gift for a friend of mine. Her birthday is tomorrow and I need to find one now."

"Really?" I asked incredulously. "May I ask if you're related to Princess Celestia by any chance?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry for not introducing myself." She cleared her throat before saying "I'm Cadence, it's nice to meet you....Oh sorry, I never gotten your name."

"Mason Hunter, and the pleasure is mine." I bowed, much to her surprise and confusion.

"Oh, so you know that I'm a royal?" She asked curiously.

"Why yes, it's not so obvious due to that little crown on your head." I pointed out, much to her embarrassment.

"O-oh...right." Cadence chuckled nervously before clearing her throat and forming a smile on her face. "So anyway, to answer your question, yes. I am the niece of the ruler of Equestria...well, more like she's my adoptive aunt."

"Ah...so you were taken in, huh?" Cadence nodded at my question as she replied "Yes...it's a long story that I wish not to talk about."

"It's alright, I won't press you further." I said with an sympathetic smile. I get how she feels. "So anyway...you said that you were looking for a gift for somepony tomorrow, right? It wouldn't be Twilight Sparkle, correct?"

She gasped upon me knowing that name as she asked "How do you know?"

"Let's just say that we're friends. I'm trying to look for a gift for her as well...but I don't know what to get her." I said with a serious look before gazing at all the books. I never had this much trouble back when me and Elena went to get us each other gifts back from our last Christmas celebration.

"Same here." Cadence giggled before something caught her eye. "Oh my!"

Hm? I turned around and saw what was she looking at. It was a bookmark, but had a strange cutie-mark on it. It was like stars swirling around the area. "A bookmark?"

"That's just not any ordinary bookmark, it's a limited edition Starswirl The Bearded bookmark!" Cadence squealed in delight while I raised a brow of confusion at her. Starswirl The Bearded? I think I heard that name somewhere before.... "Twilight never had one of those before."

"Really? How are you acquainted with her if I may ask?" I asked politely.

"Well I was her foalsitter back then, and the two of us were so close! Even when she grew up, we still kept tabs on each other. Though, I heard from Auntie Celestia that she moved away to Ponyville, along with a new species of creatures called 'Humans'. I think it takes no brainer to know that you're a part of the new species, right?" Cadence asked with a smirk.

I smiled back and replied "Yeah, and she and I are good friends. Though, if you want the bookmark, I won't mind."

"R-really? That's so kind of you Mason." Cadence smiled as I took the bookmark from the shelves and handed it to her. She accepted the bookmark as she went over and bought it. You know, I'm surprise that Celestia has taken in someone as their niece. Though, I am curious to know much about her. Soon, she came back and had the bookmark packed in a shopping bag.

"Yep! I got something that Twilight is so gonna love!" Cadence squealed, which made me smile and said "Well I'm sure she'll be proud of her gift. Though, how are you gonna send it to her?"

"I'll tell Auntie Celestia to send it to her tomorrow for her birthday. She'll be amazed by it." Cadence answered before frowning a bit. "Though, I wish to give it to her by pony, but she's all the way out in Ponyville."

"Don't count on it." I assured with a soft smirk. "Me and some of my friends are staying over at the Princess's castle for the weekend, and she tells me that she'll allow Twilight to come to Canterlot for her birthday party."

Princess Cadence became shocked to hear that news before smiling brightly and exclaimed "Wow! That's amazing to hear! I can't wait to go and see Twilight again! We haven't seen each other due to my royal business, so I guess this is it! Thanks for letting me know Mason!"

"The pleasure is mine." I assured with a bow.

"And you don't have to bow, we're just friends." Cadence giggled. "Anyway, I have to go. It was nice meeting you Mr. Hunter."

"Please, call me Mason. We are friends after all." I pointed out, which Cadence smiled.

"Thanks, and are you trying to flirt with me?" I stuttered at that idea as I replied "N-no! I was just being friendly! That's all!"

"Oh thank goodness. Because if you were, I think my fiance would not appreciate that idea." Cadence said in relief.

"Fiance? Oh...so you're getting married?" I asked curiously.

"Yep! The wedding shouldn't start till a couple of months." Cadence explained.

"I see..." I muttered, thinking about it. So this young princess is going to get married by her fiance? Hmm, curious to know much about this fiance of hers. Suddenly, the doors barged open, revealing a fellow maiden wearing a maid's outfit.

"Your majesty, I was looking for you everywhere!" The maid exclaimed, trying to catch her attention. "It's your schedule! Apparently, tomorrow!...You have an appointment at Fillydelphia tomorrow morning!"

"W-what?" Cadence gasped, shocked to hear that. "Oh no...but I was supposed to go somewhere else tomorrow."

"But it's very urgent!" The maid retorted, much to Cadence's concern.

"Oh no...now how am I gonna give Twilight her gift?" Cadence wondered.

"Hmph. Well...why not give it to me? I'll hand her that gift to her if ya want?" I offered, much to the maid and Cadence's surprise.

"Y-you...you really think so Mason?"

I nodded and replied "Of course. It is the duty of every gentleman to help a young lady in distress."

Cadence let out a giggle and said "Why so gentle-pony of you to do that for me. Thank you so much."

She levitated the bag towards me as I graciously accepted it.

"Why thank you." I bowed as the maid turned to Cadence with a pleading look and said "Come along Cadence, we have some urgent business to attend. There's an afternoon garden party you were supposed to meet up two minutes ago."

"Oh right! Nearly forgotten about that." Cadence face-hooved herself before departing with the maid as she waved goodbye to me, which I waved back. Wow, never expected to bump into another princess today. Huh...guess this day was worth it, I assume. Well anyway, it's getting late and I should probably head back to the castle. Wonder if Ren, Kodi, and Jamie are back yet. After all...I still have Jamie's journal. I never took a look inside since it's rude to look at other people's stuff. Though, I am curious to know what he has written in this thing.

Soon, as I began leaving the shop, I decided to take out his journal and thought that maybe I should at least take a little peek at it. As I opened it, I saw a bunch of notes describing things that we've been through. Hmm, it's like he was chronicling our adventures. Well, he described every detail perfectly, saying about another new floor which belonged to him and it seems like he was trying to figure out the ship's detail. Can't say I blame him due to wanting to find answers onto how we ended up in that thing. As I skimmed through the pages, detailing about the stuff about he learned thus far in Equestria, I noticed a peculiar page that was rather different than the other pages. Hmm...let's see what it says.

Dear Journal...I sometimes wonder why do I exist? Well besides writing and reading books, I...I feel so weak compared to other people. What do I have to protect? I never made friends for my entire life and I was always treated like a second rate. I...I just wanna be a part of society and want to be treated like a regular person instead of being wealthy so that others won't treat me like I'm better than them. If I don't...then I have one option...suicide. If these new strangers I have made in this new world are rather tricking me and using against me...then I have no choice but to comply suicide...I have no reason to live. I'm...weak....and I'll always be.

....Jamie....he was planning on committing suicide back then? Oh my goodness...I know he's a coward, but to think he would plan to kill himself...it's just wrong! Is he just gonna let things go when he has an entire life?! Alright, tomorrow! I'm gonna be having a conversation with him about this!


Later
Well, it's already night time, so I guess the others are already back so soon. As soon as I entered the door, I found the others were back here as well.

"Hey Mason!" Ren greeted me. "I take it your search went well?"

"You may say that." I shrugged.

"H-hi Mason..." Jamie waved at me while I looked at him sadly and replied "H-hey....So how you feeling?"

"F-feeling a lot better, thank you for asking." Jamie smiled. "And sorry for running off like that."

"It's quite alright, I understand you were upset because of those snobbish noble ponies. They just won't understand your personality." I assured with a soft grin. "So what did you guys get her?"

"Oh you won't believe this, but we just bumped into Twilight's mother and boy, let me tell you that she looked exactly like Twilight!" Ren exclaimed, causing me to raise a brow.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked incredulously.

"N-no...he's telling the truth. Once you meet her, you would be g-generally surprised." Jamie said. "But anywho, she was very n-nice and gave us some stuff from Twilight's room so that we can make her feel happy to see some old stuff of hers."

"Ah, so you took one of the many items from Twilight's room and made it out of a gift?" I asked curiously.

"Yep! Ren took some lab science equipment stuff while Jamie got her a Starswirl The Bearded Biography Vol. 1." Kodi explained, causing me to grin.

"Huh, impressive gifts. I even got something for her." I said, showing them what was inside of the bag I was carrying. Jamie, Kodi, and Ren looked inside and became confused by what it was.

"What is it?" Ren asked curiously.

"It's a Starswirl The Bearded Bookmark." I answered, much to their surprise.

"Huh...what a coincidence." Kodi said, blinking in surprise.

"Y-yeah...it's quite surprising." Jamie admitted. "T-that's a really nice gift. Probably more than mine."

"Please don't say that." I said sternly before smiling softly at him. "Your gift for Twilight is quite good. Just don't overreact."

"Huh? O-oh...right. Thank you M-Mason." Jamie replied, smiling meekly at him.

"By the way..." Ren glanced towards the pony mannequin that Rarity made, only to have a single design on it. "Where's Rarity? We haven't seen her when we came back."

I sighed and replied "Let's just say that she's...just went to brainstorm."

I then walked pass them and settled down on the bed, looking over at the ceiling before putting the bag down on the table.

"Oh...okay." Ren shrugged until we heard the door opening, revealng Rarity sneaking in and closing it slowly, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Rarity?" Kodi called, frightening her.

"AAH! Oh, it's just you boys. Didn't quite see you all there." Rarity chuckled nervously.

"Where were you?" Jamie asked with a concerned look. "We were wondering why you haven't made Twilight's dress."

"O-oh yes, it's just that I...went to buy more fabric!" Now, that's a lie. I can't believe it...

"Alright...but it looks like you have enough fabric." Ren stated, looking over at the table, seeing too many bags. "It almost filled the table with it."

"Well a mare such as myself needs to be prepare." Rarity answered before letting out a yawn. "But I need some beauty sleep. I promise that I shall prepare it tomorrow."

"Don't get your hopes up." I muttered, which Rarity overheard.

"And what was that if I might ask, Mason darling?" Rarity asked with a raised brow.

"Oh nothing...just something aloud. That's all." I replied bluntly.

"Right...anywho, I shall prepare for my beauty sleep." With that, Rarity headed over to the bathroom to prepare herself for her 'beauty sleep'.

"What was that all about?" Ren wondered.

"It's a long story, but I'll tell you tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, Jamie..." I got up from my bed and took out his journal out of his bag and handed it to him. "You left it back at the cafe and I was keeping it ever since."

"Oh...thank you." Jamie said, smiling softly at me before accepting his journal back. "I knew I forgotten something."

"Well at least you got it back. That's a relief, I guess." Kodi chuckled, which Jamie nodded in agreement.

"Y-yeah...you're right about that....hey wait, Mason, y-you haven't been reading what was inside of it, r-right?" Jamie asked curiously.

"....Yes." I replied, much to his surprise. "I only skimmed through them."

"Y-you have?!" Jamie asked in shock.

"What about it? It's just a bunch of notes you wrote about Equestria and your surroundings, right?" Ren asked curiously.

"W-well..." Jamie glanced away nervously, feeling quite upset and embarrassed about it.

"It's alright. I won't say much. We can talk tomorrow." I said with a stern and serious expression before laying on the bed. "I'll see you all in the morning. Goodnight."

"Umm...goodnight, I guess." Kodi said before walking over to Ren's bed, before noticing Opal was on it, causing him to growl angrily at her.

"Kodi...leave Opal alone. We can use another bed to sleep on. They're like four beds in here, so it's not a big deal." Ren assured, taking the top right bed that was next to the door. Kodi sighed before glaring at the sleeping Opal and saying "You won this time, Opal."

Wow...Kodi and Opal really do have so much of a rivalry. Which makes sense since most cats and dogs aren't friendly with each other.

"M-Mason..." I glanced over to see a nervous Jamie as he looked at me with a nervous look and asked "Did you read...anything else on it?"

"...Yeah, but I promise that I won't tell anyone about it, got it?" I replied with a stern look, which he nodded.

"O-Okay! Thank you..." Jamie sighed before walking over to his bed as I began to drift myself to sleep. I never even knew Jamie has even thought about committing suicide due to his bullying of being a high class person. I sorta understand that feeling. Having a system between high class, middle class, and low class people/ponies...it's just pisses me off. Once Twilight's birthday is over, I'll have a talk with him.


The Next Day
....Ugh....Huh? Well, looks like Princess Celestia finally raised the sun.

"What do you think? Too much? You're right." Huh? Rarity? Now what is that mare up to? I got up and saw her in a yellow dress and a big yellow hat. "Garden party! Here I come!"

"And just where do you think you're going?" Rarity froze upon slowly turning around and seeing me.

"O-oh...good morning Mason...wasn't expecting you to see you up this early." Rarity chuckled nervously while I gave her a stern look, not falling for any of her trucks. She took noticed that I wasn't gonna hear anymore excuses as she sighed "Well...looks like I'm busted."

"You think?" I asked with narrowed eyes. Soon, Ren, Kodi, and Jamie soon started to wake up and noticed what was happening.

"Hey guys...what's up?" Ren asked, stretching his arms.

"And what's up with the big weird yellow dress, Rarity?" Kodi asked curiously.

"Uhhh..." Rarity glanced away, sweating nervously upon being found out.

"Yeah Rarity, where are you going?" I asked, getting up from the bed and glaring at her. She let out a heavy sigh and said "I'm...going to a garden party."

"G-garden party?!" Jamie gasped. "But what about T-Twilight's birthday gift?! Didn't you say that you were preparing her gift?!"

"I have. I worked on it last night while you boys were asleep! See!" She pointed over to the dress, which revealed to be just a plain dress. Not the one she imagined or wrote on her sketches.

"But that's barely complete!" Ren pointed out. "Rarity, why are you doing this? Don't you care about Twilight's birthday?"

"I-I do! It's just that...yesterday, I was approached by one of Canterlot's famous wealthy ponies and he invited me over to a Wonderbolt Derby." Rarity explained. "It was just a simple request, but I soon started to get popular by the minute and I was having such a good time here in Canterlot. Just when I was about to head home from the last party, I was requested to come to a garden party around here in Canterlot Castle and it was none from Jet Set and Upper Crust!"

"Wait...those two?!" Kodi exclaimed.

"You mean to tell me...you're going to the party from the same ponies that mocked us?!" I growled angrily while Jamie glanced away sadly, remembering what they said about him yesterday. "Do you even know what they done?! They mocked Jamie!"

"Now I know this looks bad...but maybe they'll change their ways and apologize all those rude stuff to him. I know it." Rarity assured with a soft grin, causing me to roll my eyes as I replied "Yeah...like that'll ever happen."

"But Rarity...what if Twilight finds out we won't be coming back to her birthday?" Ren asked worriedly.

"I know...so I told her that I cannot come...." Rarity sighed.

"So you told her the truth?" Kodi asked.

"W-well...."

"What did you do?" I asked suspiciously.

"I...may have told a fib to her and the others that Opal was...sick." Rarity grinned nervously as I face-palmed hard and said "You have got to be kidding me..."

"I-I am so sorry, I just-"

"No...it's your fault." I said, glaring at her. "You should've ignored all these noble ponies, but no, you chose to go to their damn parties!"

"Please Mason, you have to understand that-"

"Oh, I do understand! I understand that you care more for the parties instead of your own friends!" I exclaimed, making Rarity feel guilty. I soon sighed and said "You know what? Fine...go then. I won't stop you."

"Wait, are you serious?" Ren asked incredulously.

"Alright..." Rarity sighed as she began to take her leave and as soon as she opened the doors, we were met with familiar faces.

"SURPRISE!" They all shouted. Turns out, it was our friends. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Carrie, and Kaede. The moment Rarity saw them, she passed out.

"Uhh...Rarity?" Kaede asked in worried.

"Umm...is she going to be okay?" Jamie asked in concern.

"She'll be fine, just unconscious." I sighed as I was immediately hugged by my sister as she said "It's nice to see you again big brother!"

"You too Carrie." I smiled before hugging her back.

"Ren, I missed you so much!" Fluttershy said, hugging Ren before he hugged her back.

"I wasn't gone that long. It's been just a day." Ren smiled.

"I know, but a day feels so long." Fluttershy replied, blushing a bit.

"H-hi everyone..." Jamie waved. "And happy birthday T-Twilight."

"Ahh thanks Jamie. I appreciate that." Twilight smiled, causing Jamie to blush a little. Hmm, you know it's not that obvious when he keeps blushing like that.

"So how was everything?" Kaede asked, nudging Ren a bit.

"It was going okay. We had tons of fun." Ren grinned, rubbing his head bashfully.

"Though..." I glanced at the unconscious Rarity before sighing "It seems that your surprised scared you."

"Yeah, guess she was excited to see us." Applejack smiled.

"Yeah! She must've missed us. But if it wasn't for the Princess offering to let us celebrate Twilight's birthday here, then we would have totally missed it." Rainbow said with a grin while crossing her hooves.

"Yeah, it was a shame that Rarity couldn't make it to my party due to having some errands." Twilight said sadly.

"Not only that, from the last note we received last night stated that Opal wasn't feeling good." Kaede added.

"Ooh, the poor cat. Maybe I should go and check up on her." Fluttershy said, concern for Opal.

"Well good luck with that, we'll be here waiting for Rarity to wake up." I said seriously, which she nodded.

"Well, we got my big brother to thank. If he hadn't asked the princess to come and let us celebrate Twilight's birthday here in Canterlot, then they would totally missed the cake!" Carrie said, causing Kodi to drool happily.

"Cake..." Kodi muttered.

"Yeah, but the way how you guys surprised her made her almost have a heart attack." Ren stated.

"W-well, it more like she would have cardiac arrest." Jamie muttered loudly.

"I know right?! The moment we shouted 'SURPRISE'!" Pinkie exclaimed, bouncing around the room. "When we opened the doors! Swoosh! And right before she hit the ground, shoom, she...oh hi again!" Huh? Pinkie started waving over to someone behind me as I turned around and saw Rarity slowly waking up. She soon noticed us all and became shocked by their arrival.

"What are you...how did you...why are you...?" Rarity stuttered.

"Listen to her. She's so excited to see us, she can hardly talk." Applejack grinned.

"I wouldn't say that..." I muttered.

"What I mean to say is...what are you all doing here?" Rarity asked nervously.

"When I got your letter saying you guys were stuck in Canterlot, I asked Pinkie Pie if it wouldn't be too much trouble to move my birthday party here, so you wouldn't have to miss it!" Twilight explained.

"Balloons are super easy to pack!" Pinkie grinned, pulling out a suitcase out of her mane and opened it, revealing tons of balloons bursting out of there.

"W-w-w-whaaaat?!" Jamie exclaimed in shock. "How is that possible!? How in the world did you stuff fully blown up balloons into a small suitcase?!"

"Jamie...let's not go over this again." Ren said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"He's right...just accept it." Kaede added, smiling while sweat-dropping at the same time.

"Yeah! And you gotta thank my big brother for allowing the princess to let us party here with ya." Carrie added, causing Rarity to glare at me angrily.

"Oh...did he now?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah...I did." I answered, glaring back at her, which the others noticed.

"Is...there a problem?" Fluttershy asked.

"No." We answered in unison. Rarity cleared her throat and looked at her friends with a happy look and said "Wow...first you get me a suite at Canterlot Castle and now this. I-I don't know what to say, Twilight."

"How about you start by saying what you're doing in that fancy getup?" Rainbow Dash asked suspiciously.

"This? O-oh...well..." Rarity asked while the others gave out confused expressions while me, Jamie, Ren, and Kodi sighed since we all knew the answer. "I-I always put on something a little fancy when Opal's feeling under the weather..."

"Since when?" Kaede asked. "I've been helping you while you taught me some lessons about clothes designing and I never seen you like that before."

"W-well...it cheers her right up." Rarity giggled nervously, causing Kaede to raise a brow at her.

"Oh, poor Opal." Fluttershy said, feeling bad for the white cat. "Where is the sick darling?"

"Darling? I hardly call her a darling." Kodi rolled his eyes.

"O-oh...she's...uhh...just hold on a minute." Rarity pleaded before shutting the doors closed.

"Huh?" The girls asked in unison.

"Oh boy..." I sighed.

"Hey guys...do you know what's up with Rarity?" Kaede asked.

"No." I replied with a bored look on my face. Soon, Rarity re-opened the doors with a nervous look and said "She's resting in the bed."

Fluttershy immediately took off and passed Rarity as we all entered and saw her cuddling with Opal, who looked like she was drenched by water.

"Oh, poor Opal. She looks awful." Fluttershy said, hugging the cat gently.

Everyone else looked around our guest room, amazed by the size of it and its designs.

"Heh heh...just how we remembered." Kaede chuckled.

"Yeah!" Carrie agreed. I sighed and leaned against the wall before seeing Opal giving a hard glare and growled angrily at Rarity, who flinched at her. Well, looks like Opal won't let this one slide.

"Is...Is that my dress?" Twilight looked over at the plain dress Rarity made yesterday, which made the fashionista sweating nervously.

"Yes?" Rarity gulped.

"It's so simple..." Twilight stated, causing Rarity to flinch. "So practical...so...me!"

"Wait, you like it?" Jamie asked in worried. "But...isn't it just plain?"

"Exactly! It defines me!" Twilight replied before hugging Rarity tightly. "Thank you Rarity! It's the perfect dress for my birthday party! I love it!"

Rarity sighed in relief as she said "You don't know how glad I am to hear you say that." Rarity then used her tail to wipe away the sketch that she made for the supposed dress as it flew down in the trash bin. Soon, I glared at her, seeing how lucky she got. These girls are gonna find out eventually, and they'll demand the truth from ya.


Later
Soon, after heading out of the room to go and celebrate Twilight's birthday, Twilight wore her dress that Rarity made as we headed down through a hallway, which seemed quite familiar to me. Like I've been here before.

"When the princess asked us to move the party here in Canterlot, thanks to Mason..." Twilight turned to me with a smile, which I smiled back before she continued on and said "She was kind enough to offer us the Canterlot castle ballroom."

"Ladies, allow me." I offered before opening the room, revealing the party room, which looks exactly like the one back at the Grand Galloping Gala. Wait...

"Hey, isn't this the Grand Galloping Gala?" Ren asked curiously.

"I heard you guys mention that once, what's that?" Jamie asked.

"It's a ballroom where everypony calls it the best party ever." Kaede stated. "Which was indeed one heck of a party."

"Yeah, but we all had a great time." Carrie added as she and the others walked inside.

"I gotta say, this place looks better than ever." Kodi said in amazement.

"Isn't it fancy pants?" Pinkie asked.

"Fancy Pants?! Where?!" Rarity immediately shielded herself by using Rainbow Dash's wings, until she realized that it was just an expression as we all gave her weird looks. "I-I mean...where ever did you find the time to set up this smashing decor?"

"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" Pinkie stated, taking out a little blue cannon out of nowhere and fired it, causing confetti to blast out of it and rained down everywhere, including Rarity's outfit, much to her disappointment.

"I thought about having my party outside..." Twilight said. "But I was informed that another party's taking place on the castle grounds today."

"Really?" I asked before looking over a nearby window and saw all the rich ponies celebrating, including Fancy Pants, his wife, and Jet Set and Upper Crust, those two despicable idiots. Ugh, why would I bother to go there?

"Let's...PARTY!" Pinkie shouted.

"On it! Move!" Ren took out his Hacking Gun and shot a green beam towards a nearby record player, and once it made full contact with it, the record player began playing some groovy music as the others began dancing around. I soon watched over the party and saw everypony having a good time. Back then, I attended in high class ballrooms with Elena, and she stated that she was always bored with them and nobody complains about it. So one day, we snucked out of the ballroom and decided to have a party of our way. Carrie set up the music and the lights for me and her as we slow dance while she gave us some delicious cake, which we thanked. This party...I know I've been to one back then before we attended the Grand Galloping Gala, but it felt...like I had enjoy parties like this one, like the one me and Elena had back then.

Everyone was having a good time like pinata smashing, eating some cake, and also a cake fight which was started out by Rainbow Dash and other cool party activities.

"Hm?" I noticed Jamie watching the party with a curious and yet sad look, causing me to walk over to him as I asked "Hey Jamie, what's up?"

"H-hey..." Jamie greeted back with a sigh. "You know...this is the first time I-I ever been to a party that doesn't involve somebody yelling at you for being careless...."

"I know exactly how that feels..." I stated. "Back then, me and my mistress always come to high class parties, which bores her due to being the same thing everyday and nobody seems to care."

"Really?" Jamie asked in surprise.

"Yeah, but after attending one party made by Pinkie, I sorta enjoyed it...it made me feel like I was a normal child." I chuckled, which made Jamie surprised.

"Amazing...that's so great to hear. Sometimes...I wished to live a normal life..." Jamie sighed, causing me to look at him sympathetically as I said "Sometimes life doesn't go what you planned, you simply just let your heart tell you where to go."

Jamie sighed, glancing away sadly as I put a hand on his shoulder and said "Listen...about your journal, I took a look at it and saw the one describing how you felt back then. I understand that you hated it, but you don't have to kill yourself to solve your problems."

"Oh...so you have read it? What a surprise." Jamie sighed.

"Listen...and just listen." I said sternly. "If you really want to stand up for yourself, you need to be strong. If ya want, I'll help you grow strong not physically, but emotionally too."

Jamie looked at me in surprise as he asked "A-Are...you serious?"

I made a soft grin and said "Yeah, and I don't want you to lose a life, but I want you to trust us. We'll never betray you. We'll...always be your friends and never leave you."

"...Thank you." Jamie smiled at me, which I nodded before patting his back hard, which caused him to gag as I said "Now go on and have fun."

"A-Alright..." Jamie nodded as he went over and had some cake which both Pinkie and Kaede offered. Hmm, I think I can help overcome this complex of his. He's been living a life filled with distrust, cruelty, and loneliness. He has so much doubts that could make him come up with many suicidal thoughts. I have to help him or else...he'll...

"Cake?" Huh? I looked down to see Carrie handed some cake over to me, which I nodded and accepted.

"Oh...thanks." I replied, taking a bite of the cake.

"Anytime big brother!" Carrie nodded before noticing somepony missing. "So...where' Rarity?"

"Huh?" I asked, looking around to see her gone. Where in the world did she...oh no, don't tell me that she...

"Uh, what's with the croquet mallet?" We turned to see Rarity, looking quite worn out and having a croque mallet with her?

"What croquet mallet?" Rarity asked, oblivious to understand what Rainbow meant.

"Duh, the one in your mouth." Rainbow pointed, which made her realize it as she widened her mouth and spat it out while I gave her a deadpan expression and the others gave her weird looks.

"O-oh...that croquet mallet! I...well I...the truth is..." Rarity was unable to tell them the truth, but Twilight spoke up and said "Were you at that other party in the garden?"

"I..." Well, it seems like Rarity is trapped in a corner.

"Rarity, I'm surprised at you." Twilight said, almost sounding disappointed.

"Twilight please! I can explain!" Rarity kneeled down and started pleading her.

"I had no idea you were such a savvy businesspony!"

"Say what?" Kodi asked, which Ren shrugged, unsure what Twilight meant by that.

"All of those look so posh." Twilight commented, with the rest of us gazing out at the window to see all those wealthy ponies out there. "And with the Grand Galloping Gala coming up, I bet you could totally get some of them to buy your dresses, very smart!"

"You're kidding, right?" Jamie asked in a blank expression.

"W-why yes...I-I didn't want you to think I was being rude, so that's exactly the reason I didn't tell you." Rarity said, feeling relieved while I face-palmed myself. Rarity, you're digging yourself too deep in your grave.

"You should totally go over there and mingle!" Twilight suggested.

"Hey wait!" Rainbow stopped as she suggested "We're your friends! I'm sure they won't mind if we check out the party too! Come on everypony, let's show them to party Ponyville style!"

The mares nodded as they followed after Twilight and began to go to the party, leaving me, Carrie, Kaede, Kodi, Ren, Rarity and Jamie alone.

"Well...that was sorta unexpected." Ren commented, causing me to glare at him. "What?....What?!"

"Oh Mason! What am I going to do?!" Rarity asked in worried. I looked at her for a while, seeing how troubled she was. I soon started to feel guilty, and I realize that I should've helped her earlier.

"Let's go over to the next party and tried to stop the situation." I suggested.

"R-really?" Rarity asked, looking at me in shock.

"Yes, and I'm sorry for being rude to you earlier." I said with a soft smile, which made Rarity smiled back at me.

"Umm...what's going on?" Kaede asked, not following what's going on.

"It's a long story, but right now, let's go check out the other party." Ren offered, which we all nodded without hesitation as we headed over to the other garden party, where we saw it was almost total chaos.

Apparently, the mares are just making things worse around the party like Rainbow Dash playing croquet, but swung it so hard that it accidentally launched of the course and knocked off a mare's wig, making her reveal her baldness and caused the pony she was talking to to walk away from her. Fluttershy was playing with some bird, causing leaves to fall onto some of the attendees, a stallion was repulsed by Pinkie Pie throwing her face into of the cakes at the appetizers while Applejack kicked some dirt and pulled out a weed.

"How could you all ain't gardening? This is a garden party, ain't it?" Applejack questioned.

"That's not what a garden party is meant." Jamie pointed out before muttering "But for her country talk, I guess that makes sense for her."

"Oh dear..." Rarity muttered.

"Punch?" I offered, grabbing one from the table and handing one to her.

"Thank you Mason darling." Rarity thanked before accepting the drink and started sipping on it.

"Can you believe what that pony is wearing?" We turned to see the two miserable wretches from before glaring at Twilight as she was dancing around awkwardly that made Ren, Kodi, and Carrie hold in their laughter.

"It's just so plain." Upper Crust scoffed.

"But I think her dress is alright." Carrie shrugged.

"They're not the types to understand, sis." I said, glaring at the two ponies.

"Y-yeah." Rarity agreed.

Soon, I caught on one of the ponies, who I identified as Fancy Pants, came over walked towards Twilight and asked "Excuse me, might I ask where you got your ensemble?"

"Why yes, yes you may." Twilight nodded with a smile. "A very, very close friend of mine from Ponyville made it for me."

Rarity spit out the contents of the drink onto Jet Set and his wife, much to my amusement, as she immediately rushed over to Twilight as Fancy Pants asked "Ponyville? You don't say."

"She does say." I spoke up, walking towards them while catching Fancy Pants by surprise.

"Ah, Mason Hunter, it is an honor to meet you again." Fancy Pants smiled before noticing Ren as well. "And Ren Loodan, long time no see my dear old chump."

"Hey Fancy Pants, what up?" Ren waved, much to Rarity's shock as she intervened and said "Fancy Pants, so good to see you again! Come with me! I'd like to show you this, er, thing that's over there. On the other side of the room!"

"In a moment, my dear." Fancy Pants replied, unintentionally drawing a crowd. "I was just about to hear from where this lovely filly from Ponyville who made her charming dress."

"What, that dress?" Rarity asked nervously. "Oh come now. Who cares? It's just a plain old-"

"Oh don't be so modest, Rarity." I spoke up, looking at her with a soft smile. "This dress you made for Twilight's birthday is beautiful."

Soon, everypony gasped in shock, some dropping their drinks as they all gaze at Rarity.

"We all think so." Twilight agreed, along with the others.

"You know these ponies and humans?" Fancy Pants asked Rarity curiously.

"W-well..." Rarity looked around nervously, seeing our friends confused while the other social ponies glared at Rarity.

"Rarity..." I spoke up, turning to her with a soft smile. "It's okay...you need to relax and tell them the truth. I don't care if they don't like you, we're still here for you."

Rarity looked at me with a soft smile before turning to Fancy Pants and replied "Yes...yes I do know them."

Rarity...it seems like you're tired of lying and making too many excuses. You should be you and not become like those two wretched couples, Jet Set and Upper Crust, which by the way, are the most ridiculous names I've ever heard for a bunch of high class ponies.

"They may not be as sophisticated as all of you Canterlot ponies, but they are my best friends! And they are, without a doubt, the most important ponies I know." Rarity stated as she smiled at us, but I smiled proudly at her, happy to hear that Rarity finally gave up on this charade and accepted who she is.

"Important ponies?!" We turned around and saw the two stuck up snobs from before as Jet Set scoffed "These ruffians?"

"Don't make me laugh." Upper Crust sneered before she and her husband started laughing as I darkly glared at them.

"At least she has a heart unlike you two." I scoffed, causing the couple to stop laughing.

"E-exactly!" Jamie agreed. "They care about each other, and while you guys care about yourselves, but at least one of them has a heart."

Well, at least it was nice enough for you to back me up Jamie.

"I couldn't help but agree young lad." Fancy Pants nodded in agreement. "I, for one, find this dress charmingly rustic."

The high class ponies gasped and looked at Fancy Pants as he approached Twilight but looked at Rarity and said "And I think the dress you made for your friend is lovely."

"I couldn't agree more." Ren nodded with a tooth-eating grin.

Rarity smiled, feeling proud that Fancy Pants like it.

"I daresay every mare in Canterlot will be wanting one." Fancy Pants chuckled.

"Oh, I'd like to place my order right now!" Upper Crust declared.

"I think you should get two!" Jet Set added.

"What you two deserved is to shut up." I said, glaring at the two ponies.

"And who are you to tell us to shut up?" Jet Set threatened.

"L-leave him alone." Jamie said, looking at them angrily.

"And how about you shut up as well lad?" Upper Crust sneered. Jamie flinched in fear before glaring back at them and exclaimed "W-why not you? All you two ever did was insult us for no reason because we're from Ponyville. It's a popular cultural town that helped build many fortunes to this city! Like I said, if it wasn't for them, then Canterlot wouldn't be like this!"

"I agree old chum." Fancy Pants nodded. "We should be grateful for Ponyville. Even if ponies here thinks its uncouth, I appreciate them for ever building our gracious city a long time ago."

"B-b-but..." Upper Crust and Jet Set looked extremely shocked upon hearing Fancy Pants agreeing with Jamie while I smiled at him, proud that he finally stood up for himself.

"Now then..." Fancy Pants walked towards Rarity, completely ignoring the couple and asked Rarity "How about you introduce me to your friends?"

"With pleasure!" Rarity beamed, causing me to smile happily at her. Rarity...I'm proud of you. I'm glad that you finally learned that you shouldn't be afraid of who you are or where you from, you should accept who you are.

"Oh...umm...Twilight?" I turned to see Jamie and Ren handing Twilight some gifts. "T-this for you y-you."

Jamie handed her a wrapped present, which she accepted as she ripped it open and revealed the book they told me last night.

"AH! My Starswirl The Bearded Biography Vol. 1! I always wondered what ever happened to it! How did you find it?" Twilight questioned, which made Jamie smile nervously and replied "L-let's just say I had some help."

"You be surprise how we got them. Also, here ya go." Ren said, handing her his present, which she opened, revealing a lab science equipment.

"Oh my goodness! My old lab science equipment!" Twilight gasped happily. "I haven't used it in years. Tell me you guys, where did you get them?"

"It's a long story, but we'll tell ya next time." Ren assured, which Twilight seemed to understand.

"Hey Twilight..." I walked over and handed her a present, which she accepted and gasped excitedly upon knowing what it was.

"T-this is a..."

"Starswirl The Bearded Bookmark. How I got it? Let's just say I bumped into somepony who seems to know you, but couldn't make it to your party due to running into some errands." I explained with a soft smile as I was soon wrapped around in a tight hug by Twilight as she exclaimed "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I always wanted one! I'll never forget it Mason!"

"Y-you're welcome..." I said, smirking at her as she ended the hug while everypony at the party clapped happily, seeing how excited and pleased Twilight was with our gifts.

"You know Mason...you done a very good job." I turned to see Rarity walking over with a soft smile at them. "You gotten Twilight the perfect gift and made me realize to be myself and not be afraid to tell people where I'm from."

"That was technically all you. I was just pushing you to the right path." I smirked, which made Rarity giggled.

"I suppose so. But I want to thank you Mason darling." I smiled at her as I replied "Whatever..."

"By the way..." Soon, I was wrapped around a blue aura as she glared at me and said "We're gonna have a little talk about inviting them over without letting me know."

Oh...crapbaskets...


The Next Day
Well, it was sorta a fun week spending time here in Canterlot, and it was worth it due to having that epic party last night. But that punishment Rarity gave me...my face still hurts. Apparently, she slapped me real hard on the left cheek so hard that it was badly bruised. Well, now I learned my lesson to never mess with Rarity ever again.

Soon, me, Kodi, Jamie, and Ren were packing up her stuff while she wrote a letter on her sketch table.

Dear Princess Celestia, I wanted to tell you about the important lesson I learned during my visit.

"Now that I would like to hear." We immediately turned around to see Princess Celestia walking in our room, overhearing what Rarity was writing. The fashionista smiled sheepishly at the princess, before looking over at the window and continued her letter.

I learned that no matter where you go in life, you should never forget that you are the product of your home and your friends!

"And something to be always proud of, no matter what." I added, smiling softly at the white unicorn.

Rarity nuzzled me, much to my embarrassment while Jamie, Kodi, Ren, and Princess Celestia looked at each other and smiled happily as the princess said "A lesson well learned."

"Yep!" Ren nodded before turning to the mountain of suitcases. "So....how are we gonna carry this back?"

"I got it." I assured, much to their surprise.

"Y-you sure about that M-Mason?" Jamie asked in worried.

"I carried worse. Trust me." I stated before walking over and carried the bags until Rarity stopped me.

"Actually, it would be better if you took a break while the boys take it." Rarity offered, much to our surprise.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely! You deserved a break after all." Wow, that's really nice of her. I guess she really has learned her lesson.

"Oh come on! Do we have to?" Kodi complained.

"Y-yeah...it does feel like carrying a dumbbell." Ren added.

"Less talking, more packing." Rarity said, much to their disappointment.

"Well...I-I guess she has a point." Jamie pointed out, causing Ren and Kodi to sweat-dropped and sighed while I shook my head and smiled at them. Well, I guess she almost learned her lesson in some way.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Yeah, I'm planning on doing double chapters, so I'll try to finish the second season by the end of the year or so. Also, I'm planning on getting Mason shipping with Rarity.

Also, let the credits roll!

PreviousChapters Next