• Published 24th Jan 2018
  • 4,852 Views, 440 Comments

My Little Pony: Ren's Adventures In Equestria - MaxTV1234



Ren Loodan, a human who awoken in Equestria from a spaceship, meets the Mane Six and tries to search for his past and defeat the forces of evil, along with other humans who awaken in pods as they team up with Ren in search for their pasts as well.

  • ...
 440
 4,852

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1 - Friendship Is Magic

Everypony in the building looked at me, afraid that I'm an alien, well maybe to them, but I'm a human.

"Well, I don't know what you are, but you seem quite a lovely specimen." Nightmare Moon said glaring at me. I went pale upon seeing her face and instantly grab my Hacking Gun.

"Stay back!" I said as I triggered it and shot 'Break' at her, but she blocked it.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed in shock. Nightmare Moon laughed at me as she said "I don't know about that little toy of yours, but it has no affect at me!"

I don't understand, it doesn't affect her. Wait, that note, it said it only affects mechanisms and living organisms, so why isn't it affecting her?

"Guards, seize them! Only they know where the Princess is hidden!" The Mayor said getting a couple of Pegasus Guards towards us. They pointed their spears at me, much to my surprise.

"W-whoa wait! I'm on your side!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, Nightmare Moon glared at them for them trying to stop her.

"Stand back you fools!" her eyes lit up as she cackled, the Guards getting knocked back by lightning, while Nightmare Moon suddenly dispersed into a shimmering mist and flew off.

"Farewell little boy!" She said before turning into a mist and flying off to who knows where.

"I need to get out of here!" While the crowd ran away in fear, probably from me. I ran out of there and headed outside, but I noticed the same lavender mare and her little dragon headed somewhere else.

"Hey get back here!" I looked up to see the rainbow mare flying around the night sky. Nightmare Moon...she has to be kidding right? Night time...forever...this can't be happening. Hmm, that purple mare seems to know her, maybe she can help!


I followed her to a giant tree that's in the center of town, apparently. I followed after her inside, and she seems to be busy putting the baby dragon to sleep.

“We gotta stop Nightmarrr…”

But he fell back to sleep, Twilight giving him a blanket, saying, “You’ve been up all night, Spike. You are a baby dragon, after all."

"Yet, he speaks in a child voice." I said aloud, which she nodded in agreement. But then her eyes widen in surprise as she turned to me in shock.

"GAH! Who are you?! Are you an alien or something?! Are you siding with Nightmare Moon?!" She asked as her horn lit up.

I grab my Hacking Gun and pointed to her in fear. "W-wait, I'm on your side!" I said as I kept pointing the gun at her.

"At my side?! You're putting that megaphone in front of me! I saw what it can do, so don't play games with me! Who are you!?" She asked getting suspicious with me.

"I'm R-Ren Loodan! I'm a human, and please don't shoot me, I'm telling the truth, honest!" I exclaimed. She just looked at me for a while until she let out a sigh.

"Alright, I'll believe you...for now." She said narrowing her eyes at me. Oh boy, I just hope she'll trust me soon enough.

"So anyway, Loodan? What kind of name is that?" She asked. I thought she might asked something like that.

"Well, I know it sounds weird, but its actually Estonian for Hope." I explained, which further her confusion.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Never mind, anyway, I'm sorry about what's happening, Twilight." I said in a worried expression.

"Don't worry, I know this looks bad but-wait, how did you know my name?" She asked getting suspicious of me. Oh boy, I screwed up didn't I? Oh well, there's no way getting out of this one.

"You see...I may or may not eavesdrop on you?" I said sweat-dropping but I can the see the stern look she was given me.

"Well anyway...we'll worry about that later, right now, I need help!" Twilight said as she started scavenging through some books.

"You sure have a lot of books in here." I said amazed to see so many of them stacked so neatly on the shelves.

"Well of course, this is the Ponyville's Library after all." A library?! A library inside a tree? Nobody in home could've think of that?...did they?

“Elements, elements…! Urgh!”

She was levitating book after book, checking the titles, when she said, “How can Nightmare Moon be stopped if we can’t find the Elements of Harmony?!” Elements of Harmony? What are those?

"And just what are the Elements of Harmony?!" GAH! What the?! I was suddenly faced-to-faced with the rainbow mare from earlier ago.

“And how did you two know about Nightmare Moon, huh?! Are you spies?!” She glared at me angrily. I instantly grabbed ahold of my Hacking Gun and pointed it towards her.

"S-stay back, I have a Hacking Gun and I'm n-not afraid to use it!" I exclaimed, but to be honest, I AM afraid to use it.

"Please, like I'm afraid of some megaphone." She boasted until she was pulled away from the orange mare from before.

"Simmer down Rainbow Dash, they ain't spies!" She said as the other mares showed up. The white unicorn, Fluttershy, and the pink mare. So the rainbow mare is name Rainbow Dash, another ironic name.

"But they know something, right Twilight and...uh..." She turned to me in confusion, they were scared and confused on my appearance. I let out a sigh and introduced myself.

"My name is Ren Loodan, and if you're wondering what I am, I am human." I said nervously.

"Right...." She said raising a brow in suspicion. "Ooh, Loodan! What a funny name! Like...looney!" The pink mare said laughing about my name, much to my anger.

"Hey, it's a family name, I love my last name!" I exclaimed.

"Alright everyone, just calm down!" We turned to Twilight, who made a serious expression and started the explanation of the problem.

"Ahem! Now then, for those who know how I knew Nightmare Moon, I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her, but I don't know what they are, how to find them!....I don't even know what they do!"

"Well, maybe there's something around here that could help!" I said not wanting to give up.

She let out a sigh and looked at me with a reassuring look. "I appreciate your help, Ren, but it's gonna take a miracle in order to find them."


"The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide." Huh? We turned to the pink mare, who apparently found it. Twilight ran towards and knocking her out of the way to get it.

"How did you find that?!

"It was under 'e'!" She answered playfully.

"B-but you....I'll ask about that later." I said sweat-dropping at the answer she said.

"There are six Elements of Harmony, of which only five are known." Twilight as she continued reading. "Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, and Loyalty." Huh? Those sounds like emotions, does it work by those who have those kinda personalities or so? Anyway, I decided to think about them later once we find them as I continued to listen what Twilight is saying.

"While the remaining one are a long-forgotten mystery. The last known location of the known elements is the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, located in what is now..." She hesitated at first as she gulped and said. "The Everfree Forest."

Everybody in the room let out a gasp while I looked at them with a confuse expression. "What's wrong you guys? This 'Everfree Forest' can't be that bad."


Well, I take that back. We all were standing in the front entrance of the Everfree Forest, and looking at this place, makes me regret on what I said.

"Whee! Let's go!" The pink mare cheered but Twilight stopped her.

"Not so fast!" We all looked at her, as she said "Look I appreciate the offer...but I'd really rather do this on my own."

"No way sugarcube, we sure ain't letting any friend of ours go into that creepy place alone!" The orange mare exclaimed.

"S-she's right, it looks very dangerous in there, who knows what might happen. So that's why we're gonna help you, besides...." I took my Hacking Gun and made a determined expression. "As long as I have my Hacking Gun, we'll be okay!"

"Whoa! A megaphone! Can I have one?!" The pink mare asked appearing next to me.

"W-what the?! How did you?!" How in the world did she come near me like that? I didn't even hear her come.

"Can I play with it, pretty please?" She asked giving me the puppy eyes. Must...ignore...it.

"Pinkie darling, focus!" The white unicorn said sternly. So the pink mare is name Pinkie? What a weird name.

"Anyway, like I said, we're sticking with you like a candy on a candy apple!" The orange mare exclaimed.

"Especially if there are any candy apples in there!" Pinkie agreed, which me and Twilight gave her a look of confusion at her. "What? Those things are good!"

I rolled my eyes while Twilight sighed. Yep, I was right, she ecstatic, a little too ecstatic.


Anyway, while we venture into the Everfree Forest, we got to know each other. Apparently, the orange mare was actually name Applejack, who owns an apple farm and its a family generation, which was pretty impressive, well since I've never seen an apple farm before. The white unicorn is name Rarity, who was a Fashionista and owns a store called the Carousel Boutique, which surprised me for a pony to make dresses, but then again, I realized that I'm in another world.

The pink mare was name Pinkie Pie, who was Ponyville's number #1 party planner and throws the best parties ever, but Pinkie then realized that since I'm a new visitor to Ponyville and to this planet, apparently, she's gonna throw a party for me when all of this is done, but that's gonna take a while for everyone back at the town to get use to me.

The rainbow mare Pegasus was Rainbow Dash and she boasted about being the best flyer ever and works as captain of the Ponyville Weather Team and they control the weather, much to my surprise, but then again, I'm from another world.

And finally, the yellow Pegasus was Fluttershy, who I already knew after hearing her conversation with Twilight and Spike earlier ago. Apparently, she's an animal caretaker and raises many animals, much to my surprise, but true to her name, she's very shy around others, well except for her friends but she's gonna try to get use to me anyway.

As we walked in a single-file, Twilight spoke up. "So...none of you have been here before?"

"Oh heavens, no!" Rarity shivered. "Just look at it, it's dreadful!"

"And it ain't natural!" Applejack added. "This place don't work the same as the rest of Equestria!"

"Huh? Why's that?" I asked holding the Hacking Gun in my hands just in case we encountered some creatures that might attack us.

"Well it's just that the plants around here grow crazy." Applejack said in fear.

"And the animals live in the wild and take care of themselves." Fluttershy said shivering.

"And the clouds move...by themselves!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. I looked at them with a unsure expression.

"But that's..kinda like the same thing like from my world." I said, much to their shock.

"Oh sure, it makes sense for an alien to know that." Rainbow Dash said crossing her hooves at me.

"Rainbow...." Applejack said in a stern tone until suddenly, we heard a crumbling sound, and suddenly, the ground beneath us started to fall apart in a rockside.

"Whoa!" I tripped over and nearly fell down until I was caught by Fluttershy.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried about me.

"Yeah, I think so." I said as I look at my Hacking Gun and saw it was okay as well. I turned to the others and saw Rainbow Dash carrying Pinkie and Rarity with all her might. Phew, that was a close one, wait, where's Twilight?

"GAH!" I looked down and saw Twilight sliding towards the end.

"Twilight!" I called out to her. Oh no, what am I gonna do? Is there anything that this gun can do to help?

"I'm a coming!" We looked down to see Applejack as she slid down and quickly grabbed Twilight, but Twilight's rear hooves were slipping.

"Applejack, what do I do?" Twilight exclaimed.

For a moment, Applejack was unsure when she noticed something above. "Let go." Huh? Was she crazy?!

"Are you crazy?!" Twilight snapped. Yeah, that's what I thought. What is she trying to do?!

No Ah ain’t!” Applejack swore to her. “Ah promise you’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true!” Twilight was beginning to panic. “You just wanna save yourself!” What is Applejack trying to say? I looked down and saw what she meant. Oh, now I understand.

"Twilight, do what Applejack said! Trust her!" I called out to her. Twilight looked at me for a while and Applejack until she let out a sigh and let go.

"AHHHHHH!" Twilight screamed for a few seconds until I called out.

"Um...Twilight, you can open your eyes now." I called out to her as she opened up her eyes. Apparently, she found herself in the safe hold of Rainbow Dash.

"Phew..." Twilight said relief that she's still alive. Fluttershy flew down and put me down on the ground next to Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

"Sorry I couldn't carry you that much Ren, I'm not used to holding anything heavier than a bunny or two." Fluttershy said apologizing to me.

I hold my hands up and said "Oh no Fluttershy, it's okay, thanks for the save!" I said, which made her smile softly.

Twilight was then put back on the ground by Rainbow Dash, who thanked her, and Applejack leaped from ledge to ledge downwards to catch up with us. When she finally arrived, I turned to Applejack and asked "Applejack, how did you know that Rainbow Dash put Pinkie and Rarity safely back to the ground. I thought you were trying to save yourself."

"No way I would leave my own friend behind, besides Ren, it's been to be honest with your yourself and your friends." Applejack said as she and the others continued on. Honest...with your yourself and your friends? What could she mean by that?


Later, we were continuing our trek through the forest, still find our way towards the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.

"...And once Pinkie and Rarity were safe, I loop de' loop and wham! Caught you right in the nick of time!" Rainbow boasted which annoyed Twilight.

"Yes Rainbow, I was there." Twilight said giving her a deadpanned expression. "And I'm very grateful. But we need to-"

Suddenly, a loud thud ahead of us made us to look to see...what the heck is that? It looked like a lion, but it had a scorpion tail, and dragon wings.

"A manticore!" Twilight shouted. I never heard of that before? "We've gotta get past it!" Alright, let's see if this Hacking Gun can be to good use.

I grabbed it and set it on 'Paralyze' and shot it. "Paralyze!" I shouted as it hit the Manticore, causing it to froze in shock, literally.

"Whoa, nice shot sugarcube!" Applejack said amazed by my Hacking Gun.

"That gun is amazing, you gotta let me do some tests with it!" Twilight said intrigued with my Hacking Gun. Suddenly, the paralysis was already wearing off as the Manticore growled at us and shot towards Rarity.

"Rarity, look out!" I exclaimed, but she gave it a powerful kick to the face, much to our surprise. Wow, for a fashionista, she knows how to fight.

"That that you ruffian!" The manticore shook its head to get rid of the pain and roared at her face with such force and fury, which caused her mane to be ruin, much to her chagrin. "MY HAIR!"

Suddenly, she was now coming face-to-face with the manticore as she yelped before retreating.

"Um...girls...." Huh? I turned to Fluttershy, who apparently has some idea, but the others just ignore and tried to find some way to defeat the Manticore.

"Alright, we gotta get that manticore out of the way, but just how?" Twilight thought aloud.

"Um...girls..." Fluttershy said a little louder, but met with the same results.

"I say that we make Ren use his Hacking Gun to use it to Paralyze it again and run away from it as fast as we can!" Rainbow said, which made me give her a blank stare.

"Um..guys.." Everypony turned to me in confusion and I pointed towards Fluttershy. "I think Fluttershy has an idea."

"Fluttershy?" Twilight asked confused about that idea.

"Alright, so what's the plan?" Rainbow Dash asked as Fluttershy walked towards and looked at the Manticore.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" Twilight exclaimed, okay that is not what I expected her to do. She looked at the manticore for a while until she started petting it, much to our surprise.

"Oh my!" Rarity gasped.

"Wow, I know she's good with animals, but this is amazing! She's like a professional!" I said in amazement and shock.

"Well of course!" I was immediately by surprise by Pinkie Pie appearing out nowhere once again.

"Fluttershy was always known for being the best animal caretaker ever, oh like this one time-" Luckily, Applejack shut her up for good but slamming her hoof in her mouth, phew that was a close one. Anyway, we looked back to see Fluttershy giving the Manticore's paw a kiss.

The manitcore looked kinda distress and held it out, revealing a big thorn in its paw. I get it now, it must be getting angry because there was a thorn in its paw.

"Aw, you poor little baby." Fluttershy said feeling bad for it.

"Little?!" I echoed. That giant manticore is a baby?! That's just...crazy! And why am I rhyming all of a sudden?

"Now this might hurt a moment." Fluttershy said as she took the thorn out of its paw. Once so, the manticore roared into Fluttershy's face, much to our shock.

"FLUTTERSHY!" Me and Twilight shouted to her in distress.

But instead of eating her, the Manticore was just giving her a grateful lick, as he purred. "Ha-ha, oh you're just a little baby cutie, aren't you? Oh yes you are!" Fluttershy said treating it like a baby, even though it is a baby.

Anyway, we realized that this was our chance as we quickly hurried past the Manticore. We waited for her to catch up, and once she did, Twilight asked "How did you know about the thorn?" Yeah, none of us even though it was there, she must have seen keen eyes.

“I didn’t,” she admitted, her mane now slicked by manticore slobber. “Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness.”

Twilight puzzled Fluttershy’s words, and so did I. Kindness? Wait, first the rockslide, now the Manticore, I feel as though this is some kind of test of some sort.

Never mind, we'll think about that later.


As we carried on, we were walking through a muddy puddle.

"My eyes need a rest from all this icky muck!" Rarity said shuddering in fear of walking through it. I understand she wants to look like but now, it's really not the time.

"That ancient ruin could be right in front of us and we wouldn't even know it!" Twilight said in worried.

While everyone else started to complain, I felt as though there was something weird about that tree.

"Huh? Hey guys, hold on." I said, gaining their attention.

"What is it now?!" Rainbow Dash asked impatiently.

"Do you guys get the feeling that...someone is watching us?" I asked, much to their confusion. Suddenly, Fluttershy let out a scream and pointed towards something behind me. What in the-

"AAAAHHHH!" I screamed upon seeing something in front of me, it was a tree with a horrifying face. "Oh sweet Jesus, mother of Jesus, what in the world is that?!" I grabbed my Hacking Gun and set it to 'Burn'.

"Burn!" I yelled as I shot at it, but it went through it instead. What the heck?! Everywhere we turned, we keep seeing the same horrifying face, ugly, with with sharp teeth, soulless eyes, and we began to scream over and over again. This is something from a horror film or something!

"HA-HA-HA!"

"WHAT?!" We all shouted in unison as we turned to see Pinkie....laughing at one of the faces and making faces back at them?! What the heck?! How is she not afraid of them?!

"Pinkie, what're you doing?! Run!" I yelled to her.

“Oh everypony, don’cha see?” Pinkie said as some tune started up.

When I was a little filly and the sun was going down….

“Tell me she’s not-” Twilight started to say, but Pinkie kept going.

The darkness and the shadows , they would make me frown...

"Eeyup she is." Applejack confirmed as Pinkie hopped around them as she carried on!

I’d hide under my pillow
From what I thought I saw
But Granny Pie said that wasn’t the way
To deal with fears at all

“Then what is?!” Rainbow Dash demanded, the song irritating her, only for Pinkie to hop over next to her. She said.:

“Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall
Learn to face your fears
You’ll see that they can’t hurt you
Just laugh to make them disappear.”

Ha! Ha! Ha!

In response to the laughter, the horrid face vanished, revealing it was nothing more than a tree! We all gasped upon seeing this.

"Hey it's working, Pinkie keep going!" I said as set the Hacking Gun to 'Dance', hmm, wonder what this would do?

"Dance!" I yelled out as I shot Dance at the horrifying tree, and to my surprise, it worked! The tree started to dance by using its stems and dancing around, and before you know it, we stepped to the beat.

So giggle at the ghostly

Fluttershy giggled.

Guffaw at the grossly

Rainbow laughed with a skip.

Crack up at the creepy

Rarity raised her brow and laughed.

Whoop it with the weepy

Applejack smiled happily with Pinkie Pie.

Chortle at the kooky

Pinkie pushed me and Twilight up to a face, and we laughed it away.

Snortle at the spooky

All of us started to laughed together.

And tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he’s got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna hahahaha… heh…

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuugh!

Almost at once, all the scary faces vanished in pink poofs, revealing nothing more than barren trees, we all fall onto our backs and letting out life-enriching laughter. Okay, gotta admit, that...was amazing!


It wasn't long later until we ended our laughing and decided to keep moving forward. Pinkie hopping ahead of us when she stopped, causing us to bump unto each other.

"What's wrong, Pinkie?" I asked as she pointed what's in front of us. A riverbank, oh great.

"How're we gonna get across this?!" Pinkie asked. The river's current was going too fast, so it's too dangerous to cross it, there's gotta be another way. My thoughts were cut off from a mournful sobbing.

"Huh?" We all asked as we followed the loud sobbing. Who the heck could be crying here in all places. Once we found out the source of the crying, I became surprised to see a giant purple sea serpent thumping his tail in the water. He appears to have a slicked back orange mane and moustache and appeared to be in distress.

"What a world, what a world!" He exclaimed in tears.

"Um, excuse us, sir?" I called out to him. "What's seems to be the problem?" I asked, I can't believe that I'm talking to it.

“Well! I was just swimming along, minding my own business,” the serpent explained, “when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just… zipped past me, and tore off half of my beloved moustache clean off!” A little cloud of purple smoke? Wait, could've been Nightmare Moon? I remember seeing her fly off like that back at City Hall, so she did this to him.

"And now I look simply horrid!" He said showing us the missing hald of the serpents's moustache, now a mere messy tuft on the serpent's nose. He went back to crying as he just fell over, unintentionally sending a wave to splash u, leaving us soaking wet.

I checked my Hacking Gun and found out it was still okay, even if it was soaking wet, guess this things water-proof.

"Oh gimme a break!" Rainbow Dash gruffed.

“That’s what all the fuss is about?” Applejack asked in a serious tone. Even I don't believe it, I mean if I can understand him if something happen to my hair, but I wouldn't wein like him about it.

"Why just look at him, such lovely luminous scales!" We turned to Rarity, who gave the serpent an apologetic expression.

"What is she doing?" I muttered.

"Your expertly coiffed mane." Rarity complimented the serpent.

"Oh I know, I know!" The serpent ran his hand through it. Come on man, I'm sure it'll grow back someday.

"Your fabulous manicure."

The serpent gasped as she complimented his nails. "It's so true!"

"All ruined by your beautiful Moustache." Rarity lamented. Uh, I think the correct term is 'mustache' but I think fancy people like saying that word.

"It's true! I'm hideous...!" The serpent wept

"I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected!" Rarity said as she quickly plucked one of the serpent's scales.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?!"

Rarity held the scale out, much to our confusion. "Rarity, what're you-"

Twilight stopped as we gasped in shock to see Rarity used the scale to slit off her own tail! Jesus, why in the world would she do something like that?!

Her horn shined as her magic levitated her shorn tail to the serpent’s nose, and with her magic, Rarity replaced the lost half of the mustache with her tail, much to the serpent’s joy.
“Oh! Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! My moustache…!”

“You look smashing!” Rarity beamed.

"B-but Rarity, you're tail! Why?" I asked in a worried tone.

“Oh it’s fine, ol’ chap!” Rarity waved it off. “Besides, it’ll… grow back.” That last part didn't sound promising to me.

We then heard Twilight gasp and we turned to her. "Look everypony, the river's still enough for us to cross now!" We looked at the river and turns out she was right, the river was starting to cool down now.

But instead, we were lifted by the serpents's tail.

"Allow me!" He said as he formed himself as a bridge of his coils, allowing us to cross over.

As we began to cross over, I turned to him and said "Thank you so much sir!"

"No problem, old champ!" He said as we began to trekked our way towards the Everfree Forest. Hmm, what a nice guy..er, I mean serpent.

Okay, this is a very long way to get to the Elements of Harmony, it's like something from an RPG game.

"The ruins that hold the Elements of Harmony!" Twilight yelled out. We looked up and saw the ruins, it really was a castle, but it looked pretty abandon and hasn't been used in a longtime.

Twilight started galloping forward as Applejack yelled out "Twilight! Wait for us!"

"We're almost there!" Twilight protested when she let out a yelp and stepped into...nothing. Oh no...

"Twilight!" I yelled out as I tried to save her, but she fell down the chasm, but luckily, she was caught by Rainbow Dash.

"Seriously, what's with you and falling off cliffs today?" Rainbow Dash cracked as she settled Twilight back to the ground, much to her relief.

We all looked down and saw how big the chasm was. "Now what?!" Pinkie Pie complained. Well don't look at me, I can't fly and I don't think my Hacking Gun has something that can help get us to the other side.

"Duh." Rainbow Dash said wiggling her wings.

"Oh yeah." Oh what? You're now realizing that she can fly.

"Be careful Rainbow Dash." I said in a worried tone.

"No sweat, Ren." Rainbow Dash scoffed. "Be back in a flash!" Rainbow Dash dived down the chasm, and arose from the mist below. We couldn't see anything that's happening in there.

"Oh, if only we can see what's happening in there." Rarity complained.

"Hang on, I think I have something that can help." I said as I set the Hacking Gun on 'Detect', okay, let's see what this does.

"Detect!" I yelled out as it showed a purple aura around the Hacking Gun, letting us see through the mist.

"Wow, you gotta let me play with that sometimes!" Umm..how about no Pinkie? Because something tells me that you might break it if I let it to you.

"Look, there's Rainbow!" Fluttershy pointed out. We turned to see Rainbow Dash grabbing a piece of the rope-bridge in her mouth and lifted the other end towards the other side. Good job Dash, now bring it over here and-

"Rain...bow.." Huh? Who said that

"Who's there?!" Rainbow Dash asked looking around.

"Rainbow..."

“I ain’t scared of you!” Rainbow reared up, boxing her hooves for a fight. “Show yourself!” We looked towards the mist and found the source of the voice.

"We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best flier in Equestria!" Huh?

"Who?" Rainbow asked rather dumbly.

"Why, you of course!"

"Really?! I mean-oh yeah, me!" Rainbow bragged. "Hey, uh, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolt that, would ya? Cuz, I've been trying to get into that group for, like, ever!"

"Wonderbolts?" I asked.

"Technically, it's part of Equestria air relay team that performs air shows and help defend Equestria from the skies." Twilight explained. So it's similar to the air force? Neat.

"Yeah, Rainbow is such a huge fan to them. She's been dreaming to join since she was a little filly." Applejack said rolling her eyes. So she has a dream? I kinda admire that.

"No, Rainbow Dash, we want you to join us! The Shadowbolts!" We looked back to Rainbow Dash, who was then greeted by three Pegasus wearing purple and black suits, with lightning yellow borders. The one in the middle I think it's a girl, and the other two are boys.

"What the? Who are they?" I asked in shock.

"I don't know, I've never seen them before, but what are they even doing here in the Everfree Forest?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe they got lost and trying to find a way out of this place." Fluttershy suggested. No, I don't think so.

"We're the best team of fliers in the Everfree Forest! And soon, we will be the greatest in all Equestria! But first… we need a captain”

Instantly Rainbow got starry-eyed, having an idea where this was going as the female Shadowbolt carried on.
“The most magnificent…”

“Yep!” Rainbow agreed.

“Swiftest!”

“Uh-huh.”

“Bravest flyer in all the land.”

Chuckling, Rainbow said, “It’s all true.”

“We need…!” the Shadowbolt cried before whispering into Rainbow’s ear, “you!”

“Whoo-hoo! Sign me up!” Rainbow leapt before going over to the rope-bridge.
“Just lemme secure this thing, then we have a deal.”

“NO!” the Shadowbolt yelled. “It’s them or us!” She's...given her a choice? Please Rainbow Dash, make the right choice, don't leave us.

"Rainbow Dash..." Twilight muttered as we looked with worried expressions at the choice she's about to make.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash glared at them and said "Sorry, but I never leave my friends hanging!" The Shadowbolts were shocked and surprised by what Rainbow Dash said.

"If you won't join us, we'll make you!" The leader said as she and her escort jumped towards Rainbow Dash.

"Oh no you don't, Break!" I shouted as I set it on Break and shot the three of them, luckily, since the fog was getting more clearer, I knew who to shoot at. The three Shadowbolt members disperse into smoke and were gone. So they were just an illusion, Nightmare Moon must've done this to make us lose track on getting the Elements of Harmony.

Rainbow Dash became surprised on where that shot came from, but focus on getting the bridge open. She pulled the rope, causing the bridge to jerk open as the fog started to lift away. Rainbow Dash flew to us, as we cheered happily and made our way across.

"Good job Rainbow!" Twilight said proudly.

"See? I'd never leave my friends hanging!" Rainbow Dash said smiling at us.

"Oh Rainbow Dash...thank you." I said, much to her confusion.

"For what?" She asked, not knowing on what we saw.

"For choosing us over them, I thought you were gonna leave us." I said feeling bad for not believing in her.

"Hey it's okay, like I said, I never leave my friends behind, and, thanks for the save." Rainbow Dash said winking at me. I nodded to her as we continued our way towards the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.

"Guys stop!" We stopped and looked at Twilight in confusion. "Look!" We looked at where she was pointing to and...you have got to be kidding me right now.

Apparently, there was a barrier blocking the place. "There's some kind of barrier surrounding the ruins! O think if you'd touched it, you would've gotten hurt!" Twilight said.

"Could Nightmare Moon did this?" I said aloud.

"Oh great!" Rainbow complained. "We come all this way just so some stupid spell can get in the way."

"Wait, I think I got an idea." I said as everypony turned to me in confusion. I set the Hacking Gun to 'Move', I know it sounds ridiculous, but I should give it a try.

"Move!" I shot it towards the barrier, which cause the barrier to shine brightly and shattered in shards of magic that quickly shimmered before fading away. Ha, I knew it would work.

"W-what? B-but how did you know that would work?!" Twilight asked me in confusion.

I smiled nervously and said "Eh...lucky guess, apparently." I said as everyone smiled happily at me.

"Wow, nice going Rennie!" Pinkie exclaimed, wait did she just call me Rennie?

"Ha, it's a good thing you brought that thing with ya, hey maybe if you give one to me." Rainbow Dash begging to try the Hacking Gun.

"Sorry, but I can't, besides I think this is the only one anyway." I said, much to her disappointment.


We headed inside the abandon castle, and from the inside, it's even worse from the outside. The roof of the castle was gone, the first chamber was no less impressive or good. Some windows were still persisted, and a few pillars still stood, most of them were just covered with vines. In the center, a great monument held up five stone spheres, each carved with a different shape.

"This place...I can almost feel an eerie aura coming from here." I said looking around in fear.

"Come on Twilight." Applejack invited her to come and admired the place. "Isn't this what you've been waiting for?"

"The Elements of Harmony!" We turned to see her gallop at the monument and gazed upon the spheres. "We found them!"

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flew up and collected the stones. "Careful, careful..." Twilight said not wanting the Elements to fall and break.

"1-2-3-4..." Pinkie started counting until she let out a gasp. "There's only five!"

"Where's the last one?" Rainbow Dash asked

"The book said that when the five are present, one would be revealed by a spark." Twilight explained.

"What in the hay is that supposed to mean?" Applejack asked, yeah, a spark? What could she mean?

"I'm not sure but I have an idea!" Twilight said as she kneeled before the stone. "Stand back, I don't know what will happen."

"Come on you all." Applejack said leading us outside. "She needs to concentrate."

"But wait a minute, what about Nightmare Moon? What if she comes here and tries to hurt her?" I said reminding everyone of the tall black pony we encountered.

"Oh please, like she'll ever come here." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes until suddenly, a shimmering haze returned, and became a whirlwing, sucking the elements, and Twilight jumped in to grab them.

"TWILIGHT!" We all shouted as we ran back inside to try and save her.

"Where did she go?"
"What happened?"
"How do we find them?" Everypony was started to get worried as they thought Twilight was gone for good.

No, I refuse to believe she's gone, I just know she's alive! "Twilight, where are you?!" I called out.

"Look!" We turned to Rarity, who pointed at a window, and in a nearby tower, lights flashed from its window.

"Come on, y'all!" Applejack said as we began to run to the tower to catch up with Twilight.

Suddenly, we were stopped by shadow creatures blocking our way. They looked almost similar to a pony, but with yellow eyes and weird creepy motions.

"What the?! What are they?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"They must be working for Nightmare Moon! We need to get past them!" I exclaimed as I held up my Hacking Gun. They came charging towards us as I set to 'Break'.

"Break!" I shouted shooting down two shadow monsters.

"Look out!" Applejack came in front and buck the creature in the face, causing it to disperse.

"Thanks Applejack!" I said happily. Applejack gave me a nod as more of those shadows came at us.

"Here comes more!" Rarity exclaimed.

"I got this, okay, let's try this one!" I said as I set the 'dial' to Link. "Link!" I said as the beam shot one of the creatures, and before you know it, it stopped.

"Huh? What the?" I asked as it started moving and attacking the creatures on its own.

"What? Why is it fighting its own kind?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm guessing Link means that it's in my control now." I said as we watched the shadow monster destroying all of the shadow monsters. After it was done, the affects of 'Link' started to disperse as I destroy it with 'Break'.

"Nice going Ren, now come on!" Rainbow Dash as we headed towards the tower. We finally arrived, only to see Twilight helplessly on the floor and....Nightmare Moon?!

We saw Nightmare Moon cackling and looked down to see...no...the elements...they're destroyed?! Oh no, Nightmare Moon must've done this. Is it all over?

Oh, don’t feel bad,” Nightmare Moon mocked, “you won’t be around to enjoy it!”

Without warning, Nightmare Moon shot a bolt of energy at Twilight, who was too downtrodden to notice.

“Twilight!” I called as I shot Break at the incoming beam, destroying it.

"Ren! Everyone!" Twilight exclaimed as she ran to us.

"What happen?!" I asked.

"We're too late! Nightmare Moon destroyed the Elements of Harmony! It's over..." Twilight muttered as she started to let out tears. Everypony began to feel sad...sad...no, I won't give up. After making this far, I'm not gonna give up.

"No..." Everypony looked at me in shock. "There's no way we gave up. We came all this way and for what, to give up? No! I won't give up! I won't give in to Despair!" I yelled out.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"I think I finally figured it out. All those challenges we came across through the Everfree Forest...those were tests. The Elements were never in those stones...they were in here." I said pointing it towards my chest.

"The heart?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, that's right, because those tasks we went, they were actually to test us for the power that we had all along." I said which made everypony happy.

"Oh please, keep mumbling all you want! You all will now face my fury!" Nigtmare Moon cackled as lightning started shooting down ominously. Jeez, this mare really knows how to be evil with all that lightning keep coming down every time she laughs evilly.

"No..." Twilight said glaring at Nightmare Moon, who was confuse on what Twilight meant.

"What?" Nightmare Moon asked.

You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that?” Twilight faced Nightmare Moon.
“Well you’re wrong!”

She heard them all gallop to her side and declared, “Because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony… are right here!”


The shards of the elements all glowed and shivered around Nightmare’s hooves and rose up
"What?!"

“Applejack,” Twilight spoke, "who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of… Honesty!"

Applejack found herself surrounded by some of the shards.

"Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of… Kindness!"

Fluttershy hesitated but found reassurance in the shards around her.

"Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of… Laughter!"

Pinkie got giddy as shards surrounded her.

"Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of… Generosity!"

"Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart’s desire, represents the spirit of Loyalty!"

You still lack the last element!” Nightmare insisted but looking troubled. “The spark didn’t work!”

“But it did… a different kind of spark!” Twilight corrected as she faced us, smiling at us all as we smiled at her. “I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you… The Spark ignited inside me! When I realized that you all… are my friends!”

A light shined above, and the sixth element appeared, floating down towards Twilight, and suddenly, I was lifted into the air in the center next to Twilight.

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by...the spark that resides in the heart of us all, it summons the final element! The Element of....Magic!"

Nightmare Moon widened her eyes in fear upon us as we began to charge our powers.

"I think I understand now..." I turned to Twilight in confusion on what she meant. "I understand the importance of Friendship now, right Ren?" Twilight said as the Element of Magic began charging to full power.

I nodded my head as I said "Yeah, me too!" I brought out my Hacking Gun and began charging in power as well, and started to absorb the magic coming from the Elements of Harmony.

All of us shined with power, the shards transforming into necklaces while the sixth element became a crown upon Twilight's head.

"T-this..this is absurd!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed in fear.

"Don't you see Nightmare Moon? Together, even in the deep dark depths of Despair, there is a little bit of Hope inside of us all, and that's why, we'll never give up." I shouted with courage.

We finally finished charging at full power and was ready to finish her off.

"FRIENDSHIP LIVES ON!" We all exclaimed as we fired our beams together into the colors of the rainbow, it blasted and engulfed Nightmare Moon as she cried out "NOOOOOOO! AAAAUUUUGHHHHHHHH!"

And like a bad dream, she vanished as we opened our eyes, releasing a pure white light.


...
...
...
...u.ugh?

"Ren....Ren....REN!"

"GAH!" I awoken up and saw that we were still inside the castle. So it wasn't a dream at all.

"Are you okay?" I turned to Twilight, who looked worried. I noticed that she was a crown, with a jewel that shapes like the mark on her butt.

"Y-yeah, I think so." I said grabbing her hoof as she helped me up. "W-what happen?" I asked.

"We did it...we won!" Twilight said happily. So it was over, we defeated Nightmare Moon.

“Ohh…!” Rainbow groaned, as she got up. We looked at the others as they started wake up as well.

“My head!”

“Everypony ok?” Applejack asked.

“Oh my goodness!” We turned to Rarity, who apparently was happy all of a sudden.

“Why Rarity, its so lovely,” Fluttershy complimented, as Rarity posed.

“I know!” Rarity waved her tail, which had somehow been restored to its full length and same beautiful style. “I'll never part with it again!”

“No, your necklace,” Fluttershy pointed out. “The jewel looks just like your cutie-mark.” Yeah, she's right, all of them are.

Rarity saw for herself the jewel was indeed shaped like one of the jewels of her cutie-mark, colored the same purple as her mane.
“So does yours!”

Fluttershy’s jewel was a pink butterfly, much to her thrill.

“Lookit mine, lookit mine!” Pinkie bounced, her jewel a blue balloon, Applejack’s an orange apple with a green leaf.

“Aw yeah!” Rainbow was feeling pretty good, her jewel a red lightning bolt.

"I don't understand, why are the Elements of Harmony shape those marks on you?" I asked.

Twilight turned to me and said "First of all, they're called Cutie Marks, second, I'm just confused as you." Cutie Marks? No offense, but that sounds like what a five-year old girl would make up.

"Well Twilight, guess we were wrong about ya. I guess all those stuff wasn't hooey at all." Applejack said smiling softly at her.

"Indeed it was." Huh? Who said that? We all looked through the window, as the sun started to rise through the horizon, as a light came down from the sun, revealing a tall and regal pony, she looked almost look Nightmare Moon due to having both wings and a horn, but her coat was white tinted pink, her mane was flowing with multiple colors, and wore a crown, hoofboots, and a mantle, and her 'cutie-mark' was a shining sun!

"Princess Celestia!" Everypony quickly bowed down to her, but I remaining standing, confused on who she was.

"Ren! Bow down and show some respect!" Twilight said using her magic to force me to bow down.

"H-hey!" I exclaimed getting put down to the ground.

Princess Celestia only giggled at what was she seeing and said "It is alright Twilight, he is new after all." Princess Celestia, which caused Twilight to stop and blushed.

"It is an honor to meet you, I welcome you to Equestria." Princess Celestia bow to me.

"Um, it's nice to meet you too." I said bowing back to her.

"Princess Celestia, I thought that the Mare On The Moon was just an old pony tale." Twilight asked in confusion.

"I told you that you need to make some friends, nothing more. I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her. But you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart. Besides, I am surprised you made friends with an new species." Princess Celestia said turning to me, causing me to blush.

"Y-you're welcome, Princess Celestia." I said. Everypony else smiled happily at me.

“Now if only another would as well,” Celestia spoke, stepping past Twilight. “Princess Luna!” Princess Luna?

We all looked and were shocked to see that in Nightmare Moon’s place was a little alicorn, surrounded by the remnants of Night Mare Moon’s armor. She had a deep blue coat and gentle blue mane and tail, wore a little black crown, and had the same cutie-mark. She looked nothing like Nightmare moon, as she cringed in fear at the approach of Princess Celestia. So that's Princess Luna, she seems so...scared.

“It has been a thousand years since I’ve seen you like this.”

Luna looked away in shame, Celestia kneeling down to her.
“It's time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister.”

“Sister?!” We all gasped. I never thought that she would be her sister?!

Celestia stood up, pleadingly asking, “Won’t you accept my friendship?”

Everypony leaned in, hopefully (Pinkie leaning a little too much given she fell on her face), and Luna got up, crying as she nuzzled Celestia, “I’m so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister!”

Celestia shed a tear of joy, replying, “I missed you too!” They both remind me...of my brother and sister. If only I could go back home.

Pinkie let out tears and sobbed, crying as she felt happy for the royal sisters united! But suddenly she stopped (somehow the waterworks vanishing) as she said, “Hey! Y’know what this calls for?”

"What?" I asked.

"Duh! A Party! Oh we should do a party for you as well Rennie! You are new to Ponyville after all!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed throwing confetti in front of me.

"A party? Hmm, I guess I can join, but then again..." I muttered aloud for everypony to hear. How is everyone gonna accept an human like me.

"Do not fear my friend..." We turned to Princess Celestia with a assuring smile. "I'll speak with them, and I'm sure they'll gladly accept you, Ren." Princess Celestia said. I looked at my new friends, who only smiled back at me, and I couldn't help but smile back at them. Hmm, okay, I'll try then.


Later

We all gathered back at Ponyville for Pinkie's Pie party, while everypony was were standing around, gazing at me on stage with Twilight, her friends, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Oh boy, this won't end well.

"Citizens of Ponyville..." Princess Celestia announced. "I know you are confuse and afraid of our new friend here, but I promise, he isn't here to harm you, he help my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, and his friends defeat Nightmare Moon and bring me back my beloved sister." Princess Celestia said as she nuzzled with her sister.

"And now, I hereby announce that our new friend, Ren Loodan, be welcome to Equestria!" She gestured me to speak up to them. I widen my eyes and look at all the ponies, staring at me in curiosity.

"Um...hello everypony, my name is Ren Loodan. I know my last name is funny, but its actually Estonian for Hope, and I get you all might be afraid of me, but I promise, I will never hurt anypony. At first, I was confuse of myself on how I got here in the first place, but if it wasn't for new friends, Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, I wouldn't be here right now. So please everypony, please accept my friendship." I said letting out a sigh, knowing everyone of them are just gonna treat me like garbage and ran me out of town.

Suddenly, I heard someone clapping their hooves. I looked up and saw one of the ponies clapping for me, and pretty soon, everypony started clapping for me, every single one of them, including Twilight and her friends, and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I couldn't help but smile happily at this, I think I'm gonna like it here.

While everyone was enjoying the party, I was busy eating some grub, well I haven't been eaten for like the whole day, so why not. I noticed some ponies admiring me from afar, well there gonna get used to me someday.


"Why so glum, my faithful student? Are you not happy that your quest is complete and that you can return to your studies in Canterlot?"

"That's just it…" Twilight responded. "Just when I learned how wonderful it is to have friends…I have to leave them…"

As she continued speaking, the only thing I could do was watch.

"Spike, take a note, please." Princess Celestia ordered politely.

The baby dragon, Spike, took out a quill to write as Princess Celestia began speaking.

"I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new journey for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville!"

Each of her pony friends gathered around her and cheered.

"Oh thank you, Princess Celestia! I'll study harder than ever before!" Twilight exclaimed.

Every other pony cheered and the party resumed. I smiled softly and continued to eat some of the food.

"So Ren..." Huh? I turned around and became surprise to see Princess Celestia.

"Oh...Princess Celestia, is there something wrong?" I asked. She motioned me to follow her as we walked away from the party and somewhere nobody could find us.

"So tell me, how far has Equestria has given you?" She asked in a calm tone.

"It's...a nice place, though, I want to go home, but I just don't know how." I said sadly.

"I can understand, though I am surprised to see a new species to Equestria here." She said looking at me for a while.

"Well, in case you don't know, I'm a human, and I live in earth." I said which answered her question.

"I see...so tell me, how did you end here in the first place?" She asked. I started to explain everything. My awakening, and how I can't remember anything, and the spaceship and acquiring the Megaphone Hacking Gun.

"I see..so you can't remember anything, do you?" She asked tilted her head.

"Yes, though I want to go home, my family is probably worried about where I am." I said sadly.

Princess Celestia smiled softly at me and said "Do not be sad Ren, I can understand how you feel." She said taking a glance towards her sister.

"Um, about Princess Luna, whatever happen that caused her to become Nightmare Moon?" I asked intrigued to know about this.

Princess Celestia let out a sigh and started her story. "It happened 1,000 of years ago, me and Luna ruled Equestria together as sisters, I have the power to lift and bring the sun down, while Luna has the power to lift and bring the moon down." I was surprised to realize this, so they can use their magic to lift the sun and moon, that's...amazing! And they lived for 1,000 years ago? Are they immortal or something.

"Everything was going fine, until Luna realize that everypony only admire the sun, not the moon as they always sleep during the night time, not admiring the moon or the stars." She said in a sad tone.

"That's terrible, back in my world, people always study under the stars and admire them both." I said which made Princess Celestia smile softly at me.

"You know, I must envy you for that, if only that happened 1,000 years ago." Princess Celestia said letting out a sigh.

"What happen next?" I asked.

"One night, when it was time for me to lift the sun, Luna refused to lower the moon, so when I tried to talk to her, she refused to and before you know it, she transformed into Nightmare Moon." I feel bad for her, this was clearly a misunderstanding between the two.

"So Nightmare Moon was made from the negative emotions of Princess Luna, right?" I asked which Celestia nodded her head.

"Yes, she was a powerful opponent, I didn't want to fight her back but I had no choice, so I use the Elements of Harmony to banish my own sister to the moon, ever since then, I felt...alone, every day, I keep thinking about what happen 1,000 years ago and always regretted on the decision I made." Princess Celestia let out a tear, and I honestly felt bad for her.

"It wasn't your fault you know, you didn't have a choice after all. Trust me, I made some bad decisions a long time ago." I said sadly. Princess Celestia smiled softly as she wiped away her tear.

"Anyway Ren, I can understand that you miss your family, but I promise you, I'll help find a way to bring you back to your world." Princess Celestia said, much to my joy.

"Thank you Princess Celestia." I said happily.

"Anytime Ren, by the way, do you any place to stay?" Princess Celestia asked. Actually, no I don't, well except that apartment inside the spaceship.

"Well maybe that apartment spaceship I awoken in, that's all." I said.

"I see, well then, I wish you good luck Ren, oh, and...thank you." I became on what she meant by that.

"For what exactly?" I asked.

"For listening to my story, normally Twilight is always interested in my teachings and such, but then again, I never had anyone who understood my feelings. Thank you so much Ren, and please watch over Twilight." She said before leaning towards me and whisper "She may sometimes can go...paranoid whenever there's something she doesn't understand." I snickered upon hearing that.

"Don't worry, I promise I'll watch over her." I said, which she nodded towards me and we headed back to the party, where Twilight, her friends, Princess Luna, and everypony else was. Hm, I guess I'm gonna get to use to saying that.

"Oh there you are Ren, what were you and Princess Celestia talking about?" She asked.

"Oh just some things...anyway, Twilight, can I ask you something?" I asked, much to her confusion.

"Sure, what is it?" She asked.

"Can you meet me tomorrow on top of the hill outside of Ponyville? And can you bring the others as well?" I said. Twilight was unsure about why I asked that but agreed to it.

"Sure...why there?" She asked.

"Well...if you want to know how I got here, that's my only lead I got, so can you please help me?" I asked. Twilight smiled softly at me.

"Well of course, we are friends after all." I smiled softly at her for her and the others help.

"Thank you...Twilight." I said happily.

"Oh wait, I forgot!" We turned to Pinkie Pie, who suddenly appeared before me.

"We forgot to throw your "Welcome to Ponyville" Party, I promise I'll make it by tomorrow, I'll see you later Rennie!" Pinkie said as she hopped merrily away, leaving us bewildered by her. I had only one thought in my mind.

"...How the heck did she appear in front of us?"

To Be Continued

PreviousChapters Next