• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 657 Views, 2 Comments

Love comes in waves - ASja2002



One cold night, you remembered a time that changed your past, and would change your future

  • ...
 2
 657

Love Comes in Waves

It was a cold night tonight. You left work after a day where everything that could go wrong went wrong. The weatherman was calling for a blizzard and 2 feet of snow by morning. The drive home was going to be interesting to say the least.

There was one thing however you were looking forward to, but with a small hint of trepidation and nervousness. You had already talked to her folks and everyone was on board. As you grabbed the keys to lock up the store you felt a vibration in your pocket. Sure enough it was your cell phone going off. You looked to see who was calling you.

"Smile Smile Smile" was her ringtone. You made sure that particular ringtone was specifically for when she was calling you.

Flashback to a couple of summer's ago, you were working in a beach shack trying to make some money for your trip to Baltimare that you and a bunch of your friends were going on. This convention seemed like an event you wanted to see. All of a sudden, as you put the next set of hamburger patties on the grill a loud shriek came from the beach.

"We need help! A riptide came in and took our friend out about 200 feet and she can hardly keep up with it"

You looked and saw a young woman, not much less than 20 or 21, purple hair with streaks of pink and magenta. Fashionable glasses, and a violet swimsuit with what looked like a red and silver stars on it. You knew of this group from what some friends in Hayannis were talking about. It was the Canterlot beach Volleyball squad. Some were practicing their game and some had been underneath an rainbow-colored umbrella. There were 5 girls on the shoreline, in this group... The 6th, the Pink-haired one... was in serious trouble right now.

"Surely you aren't just going to get the lifeguards...right?" Said the lady of well coifed lavender locks in a well meaning mid-atlantic accent.

In that moment you weren't thinking about anything but to bring this usually energetic girl out of danger. You had your safety raft with you from the shack to go out in the sea with...just in case.

"Helbbpbp!" "I canbt holb oub much longerbebr"

At this point you just barely saw her slender arms with a familiar yellow and blue balloon-shaped bracelet. It took you about 5 minutes to even get close to her. Every time you thought you'd be able to grasp her hand, another 10-foot wave rose above and capsized above you, pushing you back almost to where you began. At last you finally were in enough proximity...

"Grab my hand" You yelled out as you reached your arm out to hers. In one moment she was right next to you.You heard and felt a monster wave coming at both of you and in one last reach you ..


About 10 minutes later there were voices calling out.

"Speak to me! are you okay?"
"My heavens, what happened"
"Are Y'all right sugarcube"
"That was awesome!"
"Um..how are ...you feeling ?"

You opened your eyes wearily and in shock saw the same girls standing around you as you coughed up the last of the salt water from your lungs. You were safe anyway...but what about...

"Omigosh I can't believe you risked your cupcakes to save me! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou" And this girl in a pink bikini with a trio of balloons embroidered on one strap wrapped her arms around you and gave you the biggest hug anyone had ever given you.

"I'm Pinkie Pie, thank you for everything you did for me today. These are my friends, they all appreciate your courage when we needed it"

I don't suppose you...would like to come over to the shack and have some lunch...my treat. You seem exhausted. I can't figure you how you bounced right back from that experience

"Sure... Is chimicherrychanga on the menu?"

I'm sure I can arrange something.

----------
Even after your recollections a thought jars at you. Your phone is still ringing,
As You swiped the bar to answer your phone. "Hello?"

"Hiya! Did you grab the pizza and the chimicherrychangas?"

I did, I should be home In 20 minutes.

"YAY!!..oh and just bring dinner upstairs with you. I've got vidflix on and probably won't want to go downstairs to eat,ok?"

That summer you and Pinkie became close friends. Her pals all had opportunities back in Canterlot and Manehattan, Of course Pinkie visits them every chance she gets but a party store-slash-bakery opened up in West Mareham and she's now the manager. so both of you now lived together in your house overlooking the canal. Little did you know what she had in store for you tonight.

You pulled into the driveway. Grabbed dinner and walked up to the door. A note was scribbled on the screen

"Just come upstairs when you come in. Love.. Pinkie Pie"

This seemed weird, but then again she is random.

You got upstairs to your bedroom and opened the door.

All of a sudden the lights in the bedroom came on in and what seemed like a dozen confetti cannons fired off all at once. The next thing you know the sound of nylon twine swishes through a plastic dropcloth and your cotton-candy maned girlfriend pulls you to the bed and locks her lips on yours in a passionate kiss, right as the rest of the folds separate and a torrent of balloons rain down on the both of you.

You started to ask Pinkie : How did you manage to get this many balloons in that net?
But before you could finish your sentence a second wave of balloons fell and she with a smile yelled

"Happy anniversary!! Did you like your surprise?"

Pinkie, every day with you is like a party that never ends. I loved it, and I love you, all the way to the moon and back again.

Little did Pinkie Pie realize the present you had for her in the chimicherrychanga box.

You had talked to Pinkie's friend who was working in Manehattan last week about getting this gift and Pinkie's friend knew a top-notch jeweler in the city. Man she knew her rocks. Almost as much as Pinkie's sister but that's neither here nor there. You had for Pinkie a platinum band with turquoise diamonds , Citrine gems and a ruby heart in the dead center. It was a symbol that you were committing your life to hers, and hopefully the feeling would be mutual.

As you waded through the balloons and managed a place to bend down on one knee

"Pinkie, would you do me the honor of..."

And as a couple of tears streamed down her cheeks she exclaimed "Yesyesyesyesyes of course I will! IloveyouIloveyouIloveIloveyooouu!!"

As you bat balloons back and forth at each other, and embrace the girl you pray to celestia you will spend the rest of your life with.. You can't help but remember that one event that changed both your lives forever, and smile on what has transpired.

And yes, the two of you lived happily ever after. You finally quit your day job and got a much better gig decorating for parties. And Pinkie as always was right by your side to help. Of course it was a family business now, you have two beautiful daughters to assist. And their friend, Flurry Heart, often stopped in with her Aunt and her Aunt's friends to say hi. Pinkie loved it of course, since Flurry Heart's aunt was the Purple-Haired girl you saw screaming on the beach all those years ago.

You found your dream girl, and got amazing friends to boot. Life doesn't get much sweeter, does it?

THE END

Comments ( 2 )

So who is the romance between?

9045963
1st person Anon x Pinkie Pie

Login or register to comment