• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,051 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
Éveiller

Escutcheon walked through an all encompassing fog. He looked around for Turkeylegs or Dusk. They were nowhere to be seen. "Hello!" His voice echoed back through the all consuming void. "That's not how echoes work, an echo is caused when sound waves bounce off of flat surfaces, if this is an empty void there wouldn't be any echoing." His voice continued to echo back to him. He sighed. "If this is my dream and I know how echoes work then why am I still hearing an echo?"

"Because Escutcheon, it's not a dream." A voice answered from somewhere dip in the void. Around him glowed the soft glow of his sapphire. Out of the void and fog a cloaked figure walked out toward him.

"Who, who are you?" Escutcheon asked stepping back into the fog hoping that it would cover him.

"I do not know." Even though her voice was soft it too echoed from every direction. "There are many things that I do not know, many things that I cannot tell you.

"Well what can you tell me?" Escutcheon asked.

"I know everything that I have seen through your eyes. I know that I am connected to the sapphire that you have been carrying." She sighed, and her voice softened further. "And I know that my family is far away separated by more than just space." Two eyes glows beneath the hooded cloak. "I know that you have broken three of the ancient spells put in place so long ago, and I know that there are more still out there."

"Wait, what?" Escutcheon spoke up. "How many are there? Where are they what are they? Who even cast that spell?" His voice got louder and louder. The fog enveloped the cloaked mare.

"Another time perhaps it seems that you must go now."

"What? Why? Where are we." The world faded further and further into the fog until nothing was left but him.

"Escutcheon." He heard Dusk's voice echoing from everywhere. In and instant his eyes shot open, and he sucked in a breath of air, as the bat pony filly blew a raspberry on his stomach.

"Ahh! Dusk."

"Wakey wakey sleepy head." Dusk said with a smile. She was still wrapped in his cloak from the night before. Her bright yellow eyes glistened in the sun, as she laughed at her own antics.

"It wasn't a dream. You're really here." He looked at her a second later realizing that he was naked. "Dusk don't look I need my cloak!" He screamed in a panic.

"What's wrong?" She jumped back in shock. Turkeylegs jumped back in shock as well.

"Just give me my cloak please." He tried to hide himself he felt ashamed, embarrassed, confused as to why he felt the way he did, he had been completely fine with it when the met. He had defeated the Sphinx. Why was he filling like this? Why was it even worse around her?

"Okay." She hurried and gave him the cloak. "What's wrong Escutcheon."

"It's just. I-I don't feel comfortable being naked anymore." He expected her to laugh. She didn't.

"Why not I mean you had no problem being open when we met?" He quickly wrapped the cloak around him. "Did something happen to you? I mean most ponies don't even bother with cloths."

"I know. I just-I don't want to be naked. I can't be." Dusk sat down next to him.

"We can talk about it."

"Sure, but first maybe breakfast, and you tell me why your hear."

"Sure." She smiled.

PreviousChapters Next