• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,049 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Humide

Escutcheon gasped for air as he coughed up nearly half a lunge full of water. The orange hue of the blazing fire across the lake lite the night for him to drag himself further away from the water's edge. He continued hacking and coughing, trying to completely purge the water from his lunges and refill them with air. He looked to his side where the large bird stood looking across the lake. He looked over his shoulders, only then noticing fire the town was burning down. He bit his lip, the fire would threaten the entire forest. He had to fix this. His horn lit up engulfing large quantities of water which shot out of the lake onto the fire. He knew he couldn't keep this up for long, his magic was already starting to fade. "Just a little longer." The gold aura around the lake faded as five water jets became three. "Just a little bit longer." Two more of the jets of water splashed back into the lake as his golden aura failed. The orange glow was dying nearly as fast as the golden glow of his magic. "Got it!" he dropped the water back into the lake as the world fell back into darkness.

He flopped back down on ground he focused on his magic his horn lit up it hurt but it didn't flicker or go out. He ended the basic light spell glad that he was able to still do magic. The bird walked over to him and gently nudged him with its beak. He look at it. "I'm fine." It sat down next to him humming softly. "You saved me didn't you? Thank you." The bird just tilted its head. He tried stood up gritting his teeth as his burnt side screamed in protest. He took off his new saddle bag dropping it on the dry sand at the shore and headed over to the lake. His magic stilled the water and cast enough light for him to see his reflection in the lake. His sides were burnt, but only just barely. He considered himself very lucky, considering the spell that he cast. He knelt down into the water letting it cool his fur and the skin beneath. Before heading back to his bag.

"Wow." To his amazement all of his belongings were still dry nothing was wet. Even the bags leather was dry. It didn't have a drop on it. "It must be enchanted. That's a good thing." He floated the bags back to his side. He screamed as the leather rubbed against his burns. He grimaced as he tried again. The pain wasn't going away. He slowly and cautiously made his way back to the lake and waded chest deep into the water. He started walking deciding that a few first degree burns weren't worth one of his last few healing potions. He waded in the water the large bird followed him from the shore line. He didn't know what he was going to do with the giant bird, he wondered if Mother would let him keep it. She had never been against him having a pet.

PreviousChapters Next