• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,049 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Pas Seul

The building was a home. A very fancy home, the floors were stained a deep auburn, There were several different types of rugs all of which he would have expected to see in the Palace of the Two Sisters, only they were completely preserved just like the building's outside. There was a grand stone fire place which was the center place of the living room, and the center piece of the home. Escutcheon smiled, next to the fire place was a large pile of firewood.

Escutcheon lay on a red rug with golden fringes, as he warmed himself in front of the fire. He looked out the window, the sky slowly darkening as twilight gave way to dusk. He had already explored the rest of the first floor of the house. Unlike many of the other two buildings that he had been in this house didn't have a basement. A fact that was very comforting. Other than that the only thing of note was that the house was completely untouched except for the kitchen which had been completely scavenged. He sighed as he looked away from the window to the wooden staircase. Deciding that it was time to investigate the second floor. He stood up and put as his horn put three more logs on the fire, so it would still be alive by the time he got back.

He headed up the wooden stairs, arriving to the wood floor landing. He looked around the home looked untouched by time. He walked down the hall. He opened a door that lead to a bed room. The room was pristine except for the bed. The covers had been pulled off toward the other side. Curious he walked over. His blood froze, as he stared down at the skeleton. At the hooves of the skeletal pony was a journal around the skeleton the ground and sheet were covered in dry blood.

"What happened here?" He looked at the journal and gulped. "Pardon me." He used his magic and pulled the book from the hooves of the bones. His horn lit up as he used the speed reading spell that his mother taught him. His white face went pale as the book reviled it's secrets to him. The pages flipped open as the words poured from the book and into him. The last several pages had been written in blood. The book fell on the floor, opened to the last page.

One of them is in the house. I won't let it catch me. I'm not going back to the caves. I'm not leaving this room. I'm not leaving, I won't let it get me. Night is death, the lake is death, the underground is DEATH.

PreviousChapters Next