• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,049 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Partir

The two of them made their way up the rocky slope. From the ridge line they could see the form of Storm Peak jutting out of the center of the lake. The sun broke over the eastern end of the world. Bathing everything in its soft light. "Good night Mom and Dad," Escutcheon said under his breath.

"Oh yeah that's nice." Dusk sighed as she opened her leathery wings and drank in the sunlight. Escutcheon stood mesmerized. The golden beams glowed like a halo around her wild dusk blue mane. "That's nice. I can't tell you how much I've missed this."

"I thought that your kind were nocturnal?"

"Oh yeah we are, but I still like the sun rises and sunsets. They're so warm and nice." The two of the stood there on the rocky shore of the lake drinking in the sun light. After a while Escutcheon headed down after her. After they crested the other ridge they found a slightly wooded plain that stretched as far as it could to the west. "Huh, you would have thought that after all the rain from the eternal storm this place would be nothing but a swamp. Not that I'm complaining, I'll take wooded grassland over marshy swamp any day."

"Actually, it could be that, because the rain wasn't natural it was artificial, it only existed for a small period of time, and evaporated, quickly unless its being continually replenished" Dusk just stared at him with glazed over eyes. "Magic rain that disappears almost as soon as it hits the ground." He simplified, rubbing the back of his head. "I'm an egghead I know."

"I still have no idea what that means but." She laughed. "So, which way are you going?"

"I need to go west." Her face lit up as she tackled him. "Hey!"

"Woohoo! Travel buddies!" She jumped off of him and glided a ways away. She started to blush as Escutcheon sat up and stared awkwardly at her. "What it's just we just met and became friends, and I don't like traveling alone, and I'm really bad at good-bye. And I kind of like you, and, and. And let's go already!" She jumped down from the ridge and glided down to the grasslands below.

"Hey, wait for me!" Escutcheon bolted down the hill after her.

PreviousChapters Next