• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,048 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,048

PreviousChapters Next
Camp de Montagne

They continued toward the mountain in a dead sprint. The screeching of the harpies came from every corner of the island. The only reason the small group of ponies hadn't already been ripped apart by the predatory creatures was the massive jungle canopy. The group stayed together as they rushed through the brush of the island jungle. After five minutes of sprinting even the earthpony stamina was beginning to run out.

"I can't keep going I need to slow down a bit," Story Teller said as he started to fall behind.

"I could use with a break too." Trail Life panted starting to slow down.

"Ay, we should be safe enough around here, but we can't stop." Drag Net slowed down to a slow trot. "So long as we keep moving we should be okay." He looked over his shoulder. "How's the kid?"

"I think he threw up some time between here and the boat." Trail Life grimaced. "He definitely has a concussion. Bro, get another vial out. He needs some kind of treatment now."

"Right, right." He dug through her saddle bag until he pulled out a healing potion. "Do you think he'll be okay? This concussion is from banging his horn into the hull of a ship. I'm not sure if that's the same or not given that the horn is source of his magic?"

"Just give him the stuff, all we can hope is that this will help. I'm not even sure if this stuff will work on concussions."

"Just don't want him emptying his stomach on you again huh, sis?"

"No! I don't want him being fucked up badly." Trail Life snapped, glaring at the group.

"Calm down there Trail Life, you've come down with some terrible mother bear syndrome." Drag Net said calmly. "We don't want him messed up either."

"Right just calm down sis." Story Teller helped Escutcheon to drink the bile tasting healing potion. "There we go hopefully that'll help him. Hey Escutcheon are you doing better?"

"I thunk, wer am I?" Escutcheon asked eyes half lidded.

"We're on the harpy island remember. Hey, hey come on buddy." He lightly tapped his face. "I need you to stay awake with me okay." He looked at the group. "We need to get him somewhere safe so that we can more thoroughly deal with this a few healing potions aren't really going to fix this mess."

"You think that you two can keep up? The mountain's going to be at least a good ten more minutes at full gallop?" Everypony nodded even Turkeylegs gave a soft humming sound. "Alright let's go! You all try and keep him awake." Again the group picked up their pace. Each one of them took turns during the gallop trying to keep Escutcheon in conversation.

The group finally arrived at the mountain, and hurried into one of the caverns in the mountain. "Boy's catch your breath and then barricade the entrance to the cave. Story Teller get the colt off of your sister's back. Trail Life wipe his vomit off of you. I'll give him a look over I've dealt with bad concussions before." Story Teller got Escutcheon of of Trial Life's back. "Escutcheon can you walk over here with me?"

"Yus sir." Escutcheon tried to walk toward Drag Net his steps uncoordinated and sloppy. Turkeylegs was soon at his side helping him to where he needed to go.

"Smart bird." Drag Net patted the large bird, before pulling a blanket out of his saddle bag and laying Escutcheon down on it. He used a second rolled up blanket as a pillow. "If you can walk your fine just try and get some sleep kiddo." He gently propped up his head onto the rolled up blanket. "We'll need to cheek up on him every hour or so." Trail Life you'll keep an eye on him for the first four hours. If he looks like he's getting worse let me know. Hopefully after a few days he'll be fine, and by then we'll have found what ever accursed thing has brought these wretched beast onto this island."

PreviousChapters Next