• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,051 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
Île des Harpies

The second day had passed by slowly, despite the wind coming in from the southeast, helping the boat along the sea to the island. Escutcheon took the time learning from Full Mast, about how to work the sails. It took him hours to learn the jargon of everything, but once he had figured out the terms for everything he was quick to learn about the knots. Most of them his father had taught him back when he was in the Junior Guard.

"That's not bad Escutcheon now, bring the sails to half mast and this time no magic!" Full Mast watched the cloaked unicorn colt move along the mast, as he supervised from the deck.

"Why are we going half mast?" Escutcheon raised the sails.

"We're getting a good wind. If we keep this pace we will arrive at the island by midnight. It would be best to go half mast, so we'll get there a little after dawn." Down on the deck Drag Net and Anchor joined Full Mast.

"Not bad work colt. I wouldn't mind you to be my cabin colt. I'll admit you've earned my respect land you're not just some little Lilly Liver Land Lover." Drag Net called from the deck, as Escutcheon finished raising the sail. "It's a decent job, and fair pay."

"No thank you." Escutcheon tightened one of the last knots. "Once I'm done with this I'm going back East." Escutcheon quickly finished his work on the mast. He wiped the sweat off of his brow before his horn lit up. His body was surrounded by his golden aura, and her jumped down back to the deck falling gently like a feather.

"Good job Escutcheon." Story Teller looked over the colt's work.

"I'll say." Drag Net nodded. "It's a pity, you would have made a good cabin colt, and eventually a good mariner."

"Alright Everypony food's ready." Trail Life called from below deck.

"Hook, lock the rudder." Drag Net ordered the Stallion that was steering the ship. The stallion nodded and did something to the wheel. The six pony all hurried down below deck where Trail Life had prepared a some fish and salad for the eight of them. Turkeylegs was already eating a fish. By the time they had finished the meal the sun was setting to bow of the ship. Escutcheon watched as the sun sank beneath the sea.

"You okay kid?" Drag Net sat next to him.

"Just a little nervous. Not much of a mariner huh?"

"No sane sailor would be perfectly calm when sailing to an island full of harpies. Just keep your head about you lad. Harpies are furious and nasty creatures, but they can be dealt with. Now let's get below deck, we're going to need some sleep for tomorrow.

Escutcheon woke up as the moon was starting to set. As the still beneath the horizon began to light up the eastern sky. Several islands lay directly ahead of the ship. The adults watched the sky around the island nopony calling out about the land. Not wanting to announce their presence.

Author's Note:

LXXX Hazaa!

PreviousChapters Next