• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,051 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
Hors de la Forêt

The weather was nice, and a soft breeze blew through the forest. Escutcheon walked along the old game trails that lead their way through the trees. Turkeylegs right behind him in the shade of the trees. After a few hours of walking throw the forest Escutcheon and Turkeylegs walked into a small clearing. In the middle of the clearing was the tail-tell sign of a campfire.

"What the?" Escutcheon walked up to the remnants of the campfire. He started hoofing around the dead campfire. "It looks like it is relatively recent." He looked down at the fire pit. "I wonder which group made this?" Turkeylegs looked down at the campfire and then looked at Escutcheon. The bird let out a low questioning sound. He looked around the campsite, around the fire several patches of grass had been pushed down. He looked back to the coals. They were still wet from the being put out.

"This are still wet." He looks over his shoulder at the large bird. "The people who did this are still near by," he said to the bird with a smile on his face. "Come on Turkeylegs lets go see what these new people are like." The bird let's out a gentle hum and scoops him up, and heads out on the trail.

The narrow game trail soon gave way to a much larger trail. The two of them headed down it until it eventually became a well traveled path through the forest. The colt and his bird continued along and at around noon soon found the owners of the campsite. The four ponies looked up in shock as Escutcheon rod in on Turkeylegs.

"Hello." He waved to the three earth ponies and the cow. The oldest of the earth ponies was tan stallion with a dirty brown mane, his cutie mark was some kind of trail bag.The other two must have been twins, one stallion and one mare both were light brown, with a gentle amber manes. The stallion's cutie mark was a campfire, and his sisters was a tent. "I'm Escutcheon." He finished.

"Well your a sight, Unicorn huh, haven't seen one of your kind in a while." He looked at Turkeylegs before continuing. "How'd you tame the Equssaraptot?"

"Turkeylegs?" Escutcheon asked slightly confused.

"He named it?" The younger stallion started snickering. Turkeylegs tilted its head. "Now I've seen everything."

"No you ain't."

"Don't mind him." His sister stepped up to Escutcheon. "So you aren't from around here, where'r you from?"

"Equestria. I'm heading west back home."

"Well works for me we could use another traveling companion. Especially if they've done and tamed themselves a bird like that." The elderly stallion walked up to the two of them. "My name's Trail Blazer. That's Story Teller" He nodded to the stallion. "And this is Trail Life." He nodded to the mare. "We're heading to Tivi there's a new town on the boarder. They've got a lot to trade with. We were there just yesterday morning."

"How are Dusk and Nebula doing?"

"They weren't there something happened that had their attention."

"You know 'em." Escutcheon nodded.

"Well I'm sure they're fine. Come on I want to be outta this forest by tonight." Cow stood up and headed on the trail.

"Just hold you're horses we're coming, we're coming." Trail Blazer headed after the cow, the two younger ponies grabbed their things and headed out. He looked over his shoulder. "You coming kid?"

"Yeah. Come on Turkeylegs." Escutcheon nodded. The six of them made their way through the forest, and arrived at the tree line just as the sun was setting on the horizon in front of them. Ahead of them a fields of grain went as far as the eye could see.

PreviousChapters Next