• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,051 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
la forêt

"Where are you planning on going?" Nebula asked Pythagorean. The hornless unicorn sat on the other side of the small camp fire, with him were the four unicorns that had been treating Escutcheon.

"We've been discussing it with each other." Pythagorean began. "We came only to help Escutcheon get better and now he is. We've decided to head south to Slo. Hopefully make new lives for ourselves." The three other adults nodded in a silent agreement.

"I wish you luck my friend."

"I'm glad I've earned your friendship. If I may suggest something, I think I know of a place that would be a good spot for your colony to set up." Nebula and Nightingale nodded. "According to some maps and scout documents, there should be a very sizable forest about three weeks trot from here. There are no other cities near by, except Slo's northern most city Livar, and Tivi's southern most city Reci." He passed the map over to the Thestrals. "If you set your home here in the forest you should be able to set up a good trading town, as well as having fertile lodging, and the lakes and rivers would provide an excellent fishing trade."

"It looks like a good spot." Nebula nodded.

"So why hasn't anyone taken it?" Escutcheon asked, looking down on the parchment.

"After the First War Slo and Tivi signed a treaty, making the forest between them a buffer zone that neither side could claim. They also lost so many lives to disease in their camps that rumors started floating around that the forest is cursed. I assure you there is no evidence for it." Nightingale nodded.

"We will see if this forest is a good spot for our colony if it is, then I thank you Pythagorean for your help. And know that you are always welcome to our lands." The unicorn nodded. "Our invitation is for all of you, let the past stay in the past." The others nodded. The mint green unicorn looked down at Quadratic who just looked away. "I wish you well in your trip take one of the wagons and as much food as you need."

"Thank you we'll head out in the morning. This is were we part ways, we wish you well."

"And us you." Nebula stood and headed to the front of the wagon Nightingale joined him, while Escutcheon jumped into the back with Dusk.

"Good-bye." The two of them waved as the wagon pulled off Pythagorean and Quadratic waved, as the other three gathered two boxes of supplies. The wagons continued west for several weeks as slowly the flat grassland transformed, becoming more and more wooded as they continued. Until after nearly a month of travel they arrived at the forest. It's trees standing tall and proud in the morning light.

"It looks just like our old home." Dusk chimed. Her father nodded as the wagons slowly pushed in. They continued until noon, when they finally stopped for lunch.

"The trees are thick here, even the noon day sun is bearable." Nightingale ate some gopher jerky. Nebula and Dusk nodded in agreement. Dusk chewed some of the dried meat as she passed Escutcheon a small bowl of berries.

"Indeed, if the scouts reports are positive then I think we may have found our new home."

PreviousChapters Next