• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 19,474 Views, 1,590 Comments

Responsibilities - Hiver



Blank Page continue his life in Equestria. Everything seem to be going his way for once... hah!

  • ...
41
 1,590
 19,474

Chapter 43

“And then you simply empower the spell matrix! For such a powerful spell, it’s not that complex.”

I blinked at the book and then at the excited purple unicorn, “Not that complex? Sparkle, this is the most complicated spell I ever tried. I have no idea if I can even do this. We should wait until Cadence get back at least.”

Twilight shook her head, “We have to try it. The longer we wait, the worse things will get outside.”

Giving the pile of crystal shards a dubious look and floated the book over to look at the spell equation. It was complex but… Twilight was right, it wasn’t complicated. More like building a ikea bookshelf than writing a program.

I finally nodded, “Okay, give me a couple of minutes,” I sighed and scraped my hoof against the floor before I focused on the spell.

Luna was right. Taking it slow and step by step, you can cast almost any spell in existence. Focusing my magic, I slowly worked through step by step before I nodded, “Ready.”

Twilight flew through my careful preparations in about two seconds and then we both fired out beams at the pile of crystals.

The shards slowly started to raise off the floor, floating and shifting as they moved together, slowly pressing together to reform a heart shape.

Letting out the breath I didn’t realize I had held, I stumbled back and stared at the floating heart, “We did it!”

Yes!

The crystal heart shuddered and fell into a pile again.

No!

“Damn it! Did I fuck it up?” I asked, turning to Twilight.

She shook her head, “You did everything right, it just didn’t work. Why didn’t it work? I don’t know what else to do.”

“And old student of mine believe he does,” Celestia said as she walked inside at the head of a small group. Luna and the Elements along with Shining Armor… and Starlight Glimmer along with another pony.

Starlight Glimmer. First time I seen her since she left for Ponyville with Sparky. Can’t say I was overjoyed with meeting her again. But I suppose if I can not punch Discord every time I see it, I can stand being in the same room as mind control cult pony.

The orange and yellow unicorn in the glasses and cape trotted over to look at the shattered crystal, “…A baby did this?”

“Baby of doom,” I commented and rubbed my eyes with a hoof, “If you can fix this, you are more than welcome.”

Twilight nodded and showed him the book, “I tried putting it back together with..”

He snatched the book with his magic, “The spell of reliquary constitution? That won’t do it,” he said and tossed it over his shoulder.

Twilight kind of twitched at seeing somebody treat a book like that. If it hadn’t been so serious, it would have been funny.

“The crystal heart has been around for millennia,” He continued and dug a book out from his satchel, seemingly unaware of is impending doom, “Restoring a relic like this is way beyond a simple spell. You need to combine it with something else, something unique to the relic itself. Something that strengthen it and provides it with power…”

Twilight blinked at him and then grinned, “The crystalling!”

“Combining that spell with all the light and love of everypony gathered for the ceremony, togather with… somambulas weather ambulation to clear away the snow and fletchlings forbearance for the parents… uhm, where is the Princess?”

“Right here,” Cadence said as she walked down the stairs, carrying the little bundle of doom.

He nodded, “That should curb the little ones power fluctuations.”

Oh thank Luna!

Speaking of Luna… tuning the magic geek and everyone else out, I moved over to nuzzle, “You okay? You look a bit… frosty.”

She smiled and nuzzled back, “I’m fine, My Page. But it’s getting difficult to fly outside, our feathers freeze… or mine does, my sister is fine.”

“No wonder with how hot she can be,” I commented before I facehoofed as Lunas smirk, “I know what I said. Give me a break, I’m tired.”

That got a giggle from her, “Let’s cast this spell,” she said and floated the book over to read through it.

Nodding I walked up along with Cadence, Luna, Celestia and Twilight. Closing my eyes I started to go through the spell once more.

Second time through, it was a bit easier an I joined the others in channeling our magic into the shattered shards.

They started to slowly lift again as I strained against the spell.

Damn it, whatever your name is. Whatever you are doing to do, do it!

We didn’t need to hold it for long before the pony in the cloak came galloping inside again and quickly pushed a crystal shard into the heart.

It pulsed once and solidified. Letting the spell go, I slowly relaxed and took a step back as the heart started to spin hard and fast, shining.

“Uhm… is it meant to…”

FLASH!

A wave of light radiated out from it and I blinked in surprise, looking down at my hoof. I was sparkly and half see-through.

“Sparky?” I asked as I turned to a rather shiny looking Twilight, she kind of sparkled in the light, “This isn’t permanent, is it?”

That got a grin from her, “It means that it worked! Don’t worry, it’ll fade by sunset.”

“Yeah, okay. Where did she go?”

“Where did…” Twilight started to ask before she facehoofed with a groan, “…Ugh.”

Grinning at her, I turned towards Luna and oh wow. She looked… wow. I quickly trotted over to her to nuzzle before I whispered into her ear as I got an idea.

Despite the crystalline look, her cheeks turned a bit red and she quickly nodded, “We should just congratulate Cadence and her husband first.”

This day may have started rather badly, but it sure was looking up!