• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 19,400 Views, 1,590 Comments

Responsibilities - Hiver



Blank Page continue his life in Equestria. Everything seem to be going his way for once... hah!

  • ...
41
 1,590
 19,400

Chapter 11

“Thank you for coming to this thing with me,” I sighed and sipped the admittedly rather good wine.

Sunset shrugged, “Hey, how often do you get invited to a royal reception?” she commented and adjusted her dress a bit with her magic, “...Do you ever get used to these things?”

“Dress or receptions? You could have worn the uniform you know, you are entitled to it.”

“What, and look a couple of hundred years out of place? You just like that the cloak hides your wings, I for one like the opportunity to wear a nice dress from time to time” she commented and then shook her head, “The reception.”
Somepony is in a mood today.

“It’s not too bad,” I said and looked around. It was held during the middle of the day and Luna was fast asleep.

Lucky, lucky mare.

That however left me without anyone to talk to. Sure, Celestia would be here but she would be busy with pleasantries the entire time. Serves her right really.

That left me bored though so I invited Sunset to join me.

“...Not, I suppose it’s not,” she said and looked around, “At least I haven’t been hit on yet by somepony twice my age.”

“I must be scaring them away, sorry. I’ll move so you can get the full experience.”

Her look could have melted lead, “You stay where you are. You got me into this, you get me out of it.”

“What, the dress? Scandalous.”

“Like that, would you?”

“Don’t know, I see that all the time. This looks good on you.”

“Thank you,” she said with a smile, “I admit, for being so old fashioned that uniform suit you too. Even if it was originally for your roleplaying.”

“Be nice, Sunny,” I snorted and sipped my wine again before I sighed and looked around, “Remind me again, how long do you have to stay before it’s polite to leave?”

Normally I wouldn’t care, but this was Celestia's thing and she invited me especially.

Sunset shrugged again, “About two hours or so at the very least.”

“I could be writing,” I sighed, “Like I don’t have enough things stealing time away from that already.”

She nodded and stole one of the cucumber things from my plate, “You do tend to keep busy. Anything new?”

I nodded and protected the rest of my food, “Luna wants me to get my own Guard.”

“You have guards.”

“That’s what I said! But no, she means an actual guard force. Like the Nightguard,” I complained quietly, “Forget the fact that there is no need for it, but when exactly am I going to have time for that?!”

Sunset frowned and slowly nodded before she smiled, “I could do it,” she offered.

“What? Join?”

“Oh, buck no,” she snorted in amusement, “I’ll set it up for you. I’ll take Swift Spear for help and I’ll likely need some sort of paperwork signed for Captain Cold Skies for that, but I’ll fix it for you if you like.”

I blinked at her, “You would do that?”

“Sure,” she said and then she shrugged, “In all honestly, it would be interesting.”

“Thank you, Sunset, that would be amazing. I’d owe you a big favor for this.”

“Damn right you would,” she agreed and stole another cucumber thing with a smile.

Nodding, I then handed her the plate, “I should likely go say hello to the guest of honor. But seriously, this is a reception for a griffon. Where are all the fish? Maybe meats?”

Sunset stuck her tongue out, “Carnivore.”

“What, you were on Earth. Don’t tell me you were a...vegan!”

“Vegetarian, thank you very much,” She said with a grin, “You do know that cows here talk, right?”

“That had to have been a surprise for you the first time someone ate steak.”

“Yeah, no kidding.”

Grinning, I shook my head and made my way across the floor towards the new ambassador. He was younger than the Ironbeak, wearing something that approached a military uniform and flanked by a pair of guards in armour.

“Ambassador Razorwing,” I said with a nod, “A pleasure meeting you.”

He looked down his beak at me, “If I wanted to be addressed by a pony playing at wearing a uniform, I would have gone to the theatre. It’s not even a real uniform.”

“Actually it is, it belongs to..”

“Leave.”

I raised my eyebrows at him, “Well, somepony woke up on the wrong side of the perch this morning.”

“How dare you!?”

“Well, I tried to be polite, this was your party after all. Go fuck yourself birdy, I’m leaving.”

The next thing I knew, the right side of my face was aching and I stumbled a couple of steps to the side.

Fucking, ow. The fucker suckerpunched me!