• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 19,445 Views, 1,590 Comments

Responsibilities - Hiver



Blank Page continue his life in Equestria. Everything seem to be going his way for once... hah!

  • ...
41
 1,590
 19,445

Chapter 10

Panting softly, I sunk down next to Luna on the soft grass, looking up at the stars above through the flickering light of the torches lighting up the courtyard.

“Out of breath?” Luna teased and nuzzled at my ear.

I shot her a small glare, “How can you always be a step ahead of every single trick I try to pull? And how can you possibly keep going at that pace?”

That got a smile from her, “Practice, My Page,” and her wing settled across my back, “Practice and experience. I am a bit older than you.”
“Yeah, and the ocean is a bit moist,” I teased and leaned against her slightly, “…am I even getting better?”

“You are, I promise,” Luna said with a smile at me, “I’m just that much better.”

“I got a couple of hits in this time!”

“You did,” she agreed with a nod before she nuzzled, “You’re getting sneaky with those illusions of yours.”

“Thank you,” I agreed and nuzzles, “I’ll get you soon enough, My Sky.”

She smirked at that, “We’ll see about that.”

I eyed her for a second, “I know where you are ticklish.”

That got a laugh from her and she bumped her nose against mine, “As do I… and I’m stronger.”

…Fair point.

Relaxing against the grass, I poked at it with a frown, “You are however missing something, My Sky.”

“Hmm?”

I pounced at her from the other side as my illusion self turned into sparkles, pinning her beneath me as I nuzzled at her neck, “That wasn’t me.”

Luna eeped and fluffed her wings in slight surprise before she looked at me, “…I admit, you are getting a lot better with those illusions. That one felt real.”

I grinned and cuddled close, nosing along her neck, “Gotcha.”

Sticking her tongue out at me, she flicked her ears and then nuzzled, “Always,” she admitted, “Always, My Page.”

Kissing her, I moved to lay next to her where my illusion used to be, getting comfortable beneath her wing again.

Relaxing next to her, I settled down on the grass and Luna shifted to rest her head against the back of my neck, “My Page?”

“Hmm-eeep!”

Flicking my ear, I glared a bit at her and she smiled at me in turn,
“Just making sure.”

Rolling my eyes, I settled down again. Okay, maybe I earned that one.

“I have been thinking of something however,” Luna said after a couple of moments.”

“Hmm?” I asked and rolled onto my back, hugging her close with my frontlegs.

Luna shifted to look down at me, “You need your own guard.”

I raised my eyebrows at her, “Luna, I have a guard, two infact. Amber is constantly following me around. Swift is also following me around almost anytime I leave the castle grounds. Guards? Those I have.”

That got a smile from her, “Not how I meant, My Page. What I mean is that you need a Guard. Such as my Nightguard and my sisters Dayguard.”

“Why? I’m not royalty.”

“You will be, however, once we get married. But that’s not why, Page. You are an Alicorn and royalty or not, you are special. Princess Cadence has her Crystalguard.”

“Twilight don’t have a guard!”

Luna smiled, “Oh, she does, I’m just not quite certain she realizes it. The other elements count.”

“If that count, then my changelings does too!”

She shook her head, “Their first priority is their Queen and Hive, My Page. While Princess Skitter does like you, if they have to choose, they will chose their Princess. That’s why you need your own guard.”

“The Nightguard…”

“Is my Guard,” Luna finished for me and sighed, “While I can order them to protect you as a priority, in an reallity they will protect me first. At best their priorities would be split.”

“I don’t need my own military, Luna,” I groaned with a sigh, “I’m not royalty and let’s face it, I’m barely an alicorn.”

She looked at me with those big bluegreen eyes, “Please?”

“That’s so very much not fair.”

“It would make me feel better that in a crisis, your protection is focused on you and not me.”

Sighing, I held her close, “I’m not winning this, am I?”

“You are most certainly not.”

“...Fine."