• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 4,302 Views, 256 Comments

My immortal phoenix. - Lieral



In a world where magic "apparently" don't exist, Twilight is a young and prodigious scientist struggling to leave her mark in history, but she never expected her new experiment to lead her to a new world apparently uninhabited... Apparently...

  • ...
8
 256
 4,302

Chapter 17- Boredom

The setting sun is beautiful as always.

From the top of a cliff, I observed the ruined landscape below me while humming a soft song, my head following the rhythm while I smile.

The sound of silence is also always welcome.

A pretty butterfly landed on my leg, I am not transformed now, so my purple skin was just a little different from the butterfly's wings. I put a single finger close to it, and the little one quickly got on it. I lifted my hand and give a closer look to the little butterfly, it has small purple wings and an even smaller black body, which would be easily misjudged as a caterpillar.

"Are you bored too?" I asked with a low voice since I hadn't used it for a while now.

Sadly the butterfly didn't answer.

A long time ago I discovered I could communicate with the monsters... They usually are pretty selfish or overconfident, which makes them really predictable, but for some reason, I never heard what the small insects or birds were saying.

I could not support that curiosity...

I needed to know...

I needed to learn...

I needed to understand...

"Thinking about it... Is that why I did all I did?" I wondered with a sigh, and the butterfly walked a little on my finger. "Calm down or you will fall!" I used my other hand to pet it a little.

One day long ago I was just like a caterpillar too, Small, innocent, fragile and little minded, but all of that was taken away from me one day...

Taken away by those I dared to trust!

Why? I do not know...

They never explained to me...

I never understood...

One day they say they love me, and on the next, I was an 'witch' or an 'monster', condemned without judgment or mercy.

Is this a reason to ruin my life? Fear?

I could not accept it.

I closed my fist putting a big amount of force on it, and because of that, the butterfly flew away from me. Not a single word and it was already flying toward the horizon.

Definitely a breathtaking view.

I heard a sound, getting closer and closer to me. I closed and eyes and focused on listening, whatever is that thing is a quadruped and is silently challenging me.

What a fool.

I looked back and finally managed to see the creature with my eyes. Undoubtedly is an Ursa Minor. It's pretty blue fur was almost like a painting of the night sky.

"Are you bored too?" I asked turning my face toward the ruins again.

"You... Are you the one that killed my mom?" The Ursa asked, her voice was feminine and sad.

"Your mom?" I closed my eyes. Years ago I fought an Ursa Major, maybe this little one is its daughter. "Why do you ask?" I calmly replied.

She roared scaring all the living beings close to our location.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" Yelling at me she gave a step closer.

"Do you want to know?" I asked. "It is because I never had seen how an Ursa works, so the best way to understand is by opening it and see how it is inside, Right?" A second after that a heavy paw hit me with a megaton of force, making huge cracks appear on the ground.

Monsters... They think they want to know, but they never accept the truth that well.

She pushed her paw back and attacked me again making a tall sand cloud, and then she hit me again... And again, and again, but the result never changes. She broke my arm with the impact but probably wounded her paw too, considering the strength she is using.

I can not understand why she continues... It is useless.

Just like I can not understand that girl...

I closed my eyes as another attack hit me, making my nose bleed. She was just like me, a scared and innocent girl that did not know a thing about the world, and she suffered even more than me.

Wounded, beaten, hanged and decapitated.

So why she followed such a different way? Why she does not understand the way I think? Especially after the last time, we meet each other...

Maybe that is the reason... Those Celestia and Luna were stupid and weak, yet Sunset did what she did for them... Why? I do not know!

I NEED TO KNOW!

I NEED TO UNDERSTAND!

I opened my eyes, and with a blink, the Ursa suddenly could not move anymore. I lifted half of my body and used my right arm to put my left one back in place.

The Ursa roared again and tried to move, but when you are paralyzed by my magic this is a futile effort. "WHY? WHY? WHY I CAN'T MOVE? WHY YOU KILLED MY FAMILY?"

Like I said, selfish and overconfident. I stood up and finally turned to face her again... Looks like Sunset will have to wait a little more.

I gave a step closer. "Tell me, will you help me to kill my boredom?"

Tears began to fall from Ursa's eyes.

It is time to understand how do you work...

You, and then Sunset Shimmer.

Author's Note:

A little change of point of view...
Hope you all like it.