• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 4,300 Views, 256 Comments

My immortal phoenix. - Lieral



In a world where magic "apparently" don't exist, Twilight is a young and prodigious scientist struggling to leave her mark in history, but she never expected her new experiment to lead her to a new world apparently uninhabited... Apparently...

  • ...
8
 256
 4,300

Chapter 26- Romantic advice.

The bell above the door ring as a Young lady crossed it with the posture of a noble. She wears a fancy dress matching beautifully with her ivory skin and purple purple hair. She walked toward the counter and elegantly sat on a chair. The owner of the bar gives a hint of a smile at the sight of his client and stopped cleaning the glass for once. “It’s rare to see you here these days, Rarity” He spoke as if talking with an old friend. “The same as always I presume?”

“I am very sorry for being a stranger,” She smiled sweetly. “But my job is taking all my time recently,” Rarity sighed.

“It’s a good thing,” He answered while already shaking a drink. “You fought for so long to achieve your dreams, and this is a clear sign that you are in the right direction,”

“I know my dear Silver Fang,” The tiredness in her voice was just as clean as water, and for someone that had been a friendly shoulder for those blue eyes for years it is not even a little hard to notice the signs. “But I must say I miss being able to spent some time with friends like you,” She smiled with a sigh. “One more reason to enjoy the night,”

“Waiting for someone I see,” He took one of the many clean goblets and served the drink skillfully before putting a single cherry in it. “Well, at least we will not have problems with seats,”

Rarity smiled and took a look around. The bar was totally empty beside her as a melodious song could be heard from the jukebox. Silver Fang always had a sense of humor a little self-deprecatory, but it is honestly a good change when comparing with so many of her clients. The many men and women she usually had to deal with are usually so arrogant. They think they are better than the others just because they have a little more amount of money… Quite frankly, many times she wanted to teach them a lesson of humility.

“And you should,” Silver fang smiled.

“Humf. It would not be hard at all. A simple sight of Applejack’s account and they would see that just because they have a little amount of money does not mean you are better than…” Rarity stopped talking for a second before smiling too. “You did it again, did you not? Impressive as always, but mind you telling me how?”

“It was not that hard. As soon as I talked about seats you looked around and smiled. You were probably thinking about my sense of humor at that time. But after that you grimaced. So you was probably thinking about the people you have to deal with in your job and was comparing their personality to mine and how they should stop thinking they’re superior,”

“You make it sounds so easy,” She drank a little of her drink. “You have a gift, my friend,”

Silver Fang shook his head slowly. “Most people don’t agree with you,”

“Nonsense,” Rarity retorted exasperated. “I am sure they are just jealous of your gift. You should think about writing a book. I have a friend that might be able to help you with that. Her mom is a famous writer and…”

Again the bell above the door rang as another purple haired girl entered the bar. She was dressed far differently from Rarity but not in a bad way, her clothes are far more common and the eyes behind her big glasses let clear that she was nervous about being there.

“Twilight, darling,” Rarity’s face lit at the sight of the girl. “It is so good to see you! Please, take a seat,”

“Thanks,” The girl nervously answered. “I’ll ask the same as her, please,” She ordered politely and Silver Fang nodded a single time before turning his back to make what was ordered.

“It is not common for you to ask for a drink,” Rarity smiled. “What is wrong, dear?”

“I’m feeling bad for letting you girls for three months,” Twilight sighed as a goblet identical to Rarity’s is slowly put in front of her.

“Do not worry with little things, Twilight,” Rarity drank a small amount of her drink. “We are friends and we understand you. All of us have our own share of problems too, and is not always that we have free time,”

“Still…” Twilight does not seem to be any better. “And I admit there’s something else I want your advice with…” Now she was the one to drink a little.

“Sure, and what is his name?”

Twilight spit most of her drink and choke with the rest. Both Rarity and Silver Fang instantly moved to help. “What? How do you…” She asked as soon as she managed to breath again and drank a big gulp of water that was offered by the bartender.

“It was not that hard,” Rarity smiled. “If you need help any anything at least a little physically related you would have asked Applejack and Rainbow Dash. If it was about animals then Fluttershy would be the best bet and her knowledge about fashion is just as impressive as my own, and almost anything else could be solved by Pinkie Pie simply because she is Pinkie Pie. However, there is only a single area where my knowledge would overcome anyone else’s… Romance,”

“Wow, that’s really smart,” Twilight complimented.

“I learned with the best,” Rarity smiled as the bartender blushes furiously.

“But,” Now Twilight was the one to blush. She looked at Rarity with the corner of her eyes with a clear expression of fear and apprehension. “There’s just a tiny detail…”

“It is not a he, is it?” The bartender spoke softly.

For a second Rarity’s eyes widened as she stared the bartender without really believing what she had just heard. She slowly turned her head toward her friend astonished. Twilight, on the other hand, played with her glass and did not dare to look back. “Darling…” Rarity put a hand above Twilight’s gently. “Is that true?”

A full minute of silence filled the bar. Twilight took a deep breath as she tried to gather as much courage as possible. She turned her head toward Rarity that was smiling reassuring while waiting for an answer. “Y-Yes… He’s right, I like another girl,” She admitted.

She held back her breath. All the courage she took so long to find vanished instantly. She is pretty sure Cadence is very aware of her feelings toward the red-haired and is not even a little inclined to judge her because of that, but even if her friends are just as close as her ex-babysitter she was still afraid of how they are going to react.

A crushing hug cut off every thought from her head. “I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. God knows how hard it is to admit it to the others,”

“Happy? I thought you would at least be surprised,”

“Well, indeed, I am surprised,” Rarity let go of her friend’s neck and drunk a small sip of her drink. “However, I am also very glad we are not alone,”

“What are you talking about?” Twilight asked truly confused.

“About Fluttershy and I of course,” Rarity turned her gaze toward Twilight just to find the girl staring back at her with mouth and eyes wide open and shock clear on her expression.

“WAIT, WAIT, WAIT... ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER?” Twilight asked out loud barely keeping herself from yelling.

“Not exactly…” Rarity rested her chin on top of her hand with a sour expression. “We should be. However, I am trying to help her with her shyness and confidence problems, so I am waiting for her to give the first step. But I am waiting for over A YEAR for that first step to end this little game and I am still waiting,”

“And does she know she’s playing that game too?”

“THIS IS NOT THE POINT HERE DARLING,” Rarity yelled exasperated and hit the balcony hard with her hand. “What really matter is that you are in love and want advice with this, right? RIGHT?”

“Are you sure she is the one that needs help with that?” Silver fang asked without taking his eyes from the many already over cleaned glasses and completely ignoring Rarity’s deadly glare. “Twilight, isn’t it? Can you tell us about her a little?”

“First of all, what is her name? Do I know who this girl is?” Rarity inquired without taking her eyes from the bartender.

“More or less,” Twilight slowly lowered her head. “Do you remember Sunset Shimmer?”

“That red-haired girl you brought to my boutique in that disgusting and old Crystal Prep. Uniform?” Rarity asked as Silver Fang looked confused for a second.

“Yeah… That’s the one,” Twilight sighed. “What do you think about her?”

“Well, we do not had any contact beside business, but I think she is a gorgeous girl a little younger than us or at our age at best judging by her skin,” Rarity started to point out and did not noticed her friends strange expression at the mention of Sunset’s age. “However, what really matters for us is that she seemed strangely… Oblivious and naïve, mainly for someone at her age. I would even bet she never have been in a relationship before,”

“Thaaaat’s probably very true,” Twilight agreed. “But why are those the important facts?”

“Because,” Rarity pointed a finger toward Twilight startling the young woman a little. “That means in this case you will be the one taking the lead,”

“The lead?”

“Yes! Speaking solely about your romantic life you always stood in your comfort zone while Flash and Timber did all the work,” Rarity said matter-of-factly and lowered her finger. “This time is your turn,”

“I see…” Twilight stared her glass with empty eyes.

“You don’t seem convinced,” Silver Fang could not help but say.

“It’s just… She had been through a lot, you know, and I bet I don’t know half,” Twilight put a hand on her forehead. “Right now I think she just needs a true friend, not a girlfriend,”

“And what stops you from being both?” Rarity casually asked.

“I… Actually don’t know what to answer,” Twilight admitted.

“She’s right,” Silver Fang reassured. “It seems you know this girl very well, that means you’re familiar with her tastes, didn’t you?”

“Her tastes?”

“Yes. For sample, that may sounds cliché, but do you think she would like to receive a bouquet like me or she is more of an athletic person like Rainbow Dash and Applejack?”

“Second option, definitely,”

“That’s a good start,” Rarity assumed a thoughtful expression. “What about her love experience? Did you know if she had been with anyone before?”

“Definitely not,” Twilight answered without thinking twice.

“That is very hard to believe, she is a really pretty person. But that is good for us, now we can focus in the important question: How are you going to court her?”

“Court?” Twilight blushed furiously. “That’s… That’s going to be hard for me,” She admitted.

“Oh, Darling… we are just getting started,”


Twilight stood at the door of her apartment taking many deep breaths. The conversation with Rarity proved to be the right thing to do since she received many good advices, but sadly for her she has to agree with Rarity. If someone is going to give the first step is her.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. “I’m home,”

“Welcome back,” Spike promptly answered. “You’re late today, what happened?” He was sitting on the couch with Sunset Shimmer at his side.

“Huh? Hey Twilight,” Sunset said without looking at her. Her attention was completely focused on the small object in her hands. “C’mon, where did all these guys came from?”

“That’s a StallKid, that’s what happened when you don’t get to Hyrule’s castle in time,” Spike shrugged. “If you had listened to me in first place this wouldn’t be happening. Now you have to fight them until sunrise, with only a quarter of a heart,”

“Hey, there was a giant pineapple just a few meters ahead, how could I possibly know that thing was so mean?”

“You didn’t suspect even when it started to fly toward you like a homicide helicopter?”

Twilight smiled at the sight. Sunset playing a video game for the first time with her dog as a teacher was the just a new item for her cuteness list. She shook her head and again tried to gather as much courage as possible while remembering Rarity’s words.

“So,” Twilight approached slowly with her face already on flames. “How’s the prettiest girl in the world today?” Spike looked at her with an expression that almost yells ‘seriously? Is that the best you can do...’

This did not help her at all.

“I don’t know, how are you?” Sunset asked back without taking her eyes from her 3ds.

If before her face was on flames, now Twilight felt like she was a volcano ready to explode. She never was a girl of improvise, and frequently outbreak when her plan fails, and now her plan not only failed but was throw back at her with the speed of a bullet.

“Aaaaand score for Sunset Shimmer,” Spike smiled and checked an imaginary list.

Author's Note:

Hello,
Here's another chapter I wish everyone enjoys. Please leave a comment with any suggestions you have in mind.

I can't believe I talked like a youtuber... Well, that's what happens when you're out of ideas... Seriously, leave suggestions. They help a lot.