• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 4,310 Views, 256 Comments

My immortal phoenix. - Lieral



In a world where magic "apparently" don't exist, Twilight is a young and prodigious scientist struggling to leave her mark in history, but she never expected her new experiment to lead her to a new world apparently uninhabited... Apparently...

  • ...
8
 256
 4,310

Chapter 15- Rarity

Shining Armor is not ashamed to admit that he is not as smart as his younger sister, but he is far from being stupid too. He studied at the same school as his sister did for most of her life, and he acquired a respectable amount of knowledge there. Not only that, but he also learned a lot when studying to become a police captain.

For sample, he know that the Air Force tests have shown that a well trained human eye can consistently spot and recognize an image in 1/4th of a second, and that means that under certain circumstances this is a speed almost two times the speed of a bullet, and after years training his body for his so dreamed job, he could proudly say that his eyes are extremely well trained.

But he is also not ashamed to admit that during thousands of occasions, he couldn't keep up with his highly hyperactive mother.

Just like his father had said when they left Twilight's apartment, his mother is extremely intelligent, probably a lot more than the media of people, but she can be really agile when she wanted something. But that's not a surprise, after living with her for so long, he actually got used to it.

But what was really a surprise is the fact that this girl called Sunset Shimmer could easily keep up with his mother.

At first, for some reason she was really scared, he could see the panic in her eyes. Sure, she was dragged by his mother without explanation or even a warning, but this is hardly an excuse to the way she looked at everyone that came close to her or simply passed by her side on the streets, almost as if they could attack her at any second.

But for some reason Twilight seemed to expect that reaction, she caught her mother and her friend with an impressive speed coming from a girl that always rather her books than any kind of sport.

As soon as she got close to those two Sunset got out from Velvet's firm grip and approached Twilight as if she was some kind of lifeguard in the middle of a stormy sea. She held Twilight's hand firmly, actually, so firmly that the lavender girl showed some small sign of pain as if she was holding her hand with too much strength.

After that she tried to hide behind Twilight that was trying her harder to calm the other girl down, saying something like, 'It's alright, no one is going to hurt you!' Or 'Calm down, we can always go back home if you want.'

It was really strange.

Shining Armor doubted a little when his sister had said that Sunset could easily defeat that ridiculously huge monster that will haunt his dreams, but after he discovered that the other side of the mirror is actually an entirely different world, he decided to stay open-minded and give the girl the benefit of doubt.

But now that same girl is acting like some kind of scared cat in front of his eyes. 'There must be some kind of misunderstanding.' He thought to himself watching the pair.

Everyone stopped to see the scene without understanding a thing. Night Light was reprehending his wife for dragging the girl along without her permission, and Twilight Velvet seemed regretful, she didn't expect that reaction at all. Cadence also showed traces of confusion, after all, is not like they had done anything to that girl.

Twilight tried to comfort her friend with nice words for minutes straight, and with the time she managed to accomplish her objective. She began to talk about numerous topics, but most of them consist in: 'Look, we studied about it, didn't we?'

"Now, look at me and answer me," Twilight gently used her hand to lift Sunset's head a little, just enough to make eye contact. "What would happen if you fuel a car that uses gasoline with another kind of combustor?"

'Say WHAT now?' Shining Armor thought to himself.

"The engine will melt or blow!" Sunset immediately answered.

"EXACTLY!" Twilight said motherly. "Now, look around. You never saw a car in person, do you?"

'Huh?' Shining wondered. After seeing her world by himself, he doesn't expect her to be familiar with everything in this world, but at least he thought she knew what is a car.

"She doesn't have her own clothes but she knows how does a car works without never seeing one... I think Twilight's priorities are a little twisted, don't you think?" Cadence whispered to her husband.

"Considering her situation I think that priorities are just a thing from points of view." He answered.

As soon as he finished his phrase he turned his gaze back to his sister. Sunset seems a lot calmer now, ignoring every living being around, she was observing her surroundings with deep interest, actually, now her eyes are just like Twilight's when she's seeing something new for the first time.

Twilight Velvet got closer to the duo and apologize for her sudden burst of energy. Sunset was a little alarmed at first, but after a second she began to listen the apologizes.

With that, all the remaining members of the Twilight family got a little closer to the youngest member.

"Okay, I will open the game and ask," Shining Armor begun to say as his mother and the red-haired girl were talking just a little far away from them. "Why EXACTLY is she so scared by being close to other people?"

Twilight's face darkened a lot, what caught everyone off guard. "It's... Really a long story..." Her tone was dark and hurt as if Sunset's experiences were enough to traumatize even her, and for the first time in that day, he thought that 'It's a long story' REALLY means that it is a long story. "Trust me, she's dealing with it THOUSANDS of times better than any of my predictions."

This time even Cadence decided that it wasn't a good idea to discuss that topic for more time.

"ICE CREAM!" A loud and familiar voice caught everyone's attention. Twilight Velvet was pointing to an ice cream machine with a childish grin.

"What is 'ice cream'?" Sunset asked with a curious expression.

"WHAT?" Both Velvet and Cadence yelled, (And somewhere far from this place, a girl called Pinkie Pie suddenly stopped working in filing up a balloon for a party and yelled a very vicious WHAT DID YOU SAY?' scaring the kid at her side half way to death.) but the only one that turned to face Twilight for a lecture was Cadence. "Seriously, what have you been teaching her since she arrived?"

Twilight seems a little embarrassed but slowly answered. "Y'know, the basics!"

"Such as?" Night Light asked already suspecting the answer.

"Advanced physics, molecular biology, electro-electronics and other little things like that..." She answered playing nervously with her own hands.

"Why am I not surprised?" Shining said with a sigh. "Look, I know we meet her like... Ten minutes ago, but if you really is so worried about what she might think about this world you may as well gave her some good stuff first."

"Hey, advanced physics is not only fun but is also important for a well maintained everyday life," She answered giving a confident nod. "Besides, I gave ice cream to Spike once, and he became addicted to it... REALLY addicted... And we're not even sure if she will like it!"

"THAT'S DELICIOUS!" A loud yell could be heard from far away.

Twilight and the rest turned to the origin and were shocked for seeing both Velvet and Sunset far away and already enjoying their ice creams almost 200 meters away from their original spot.

"When did they get there?" Shining asked.

"Your mother moved faster before, why are you surprised?" Night Light not impressed.

"I know she moved faster before, I lived with her most of my life," Shining Armor said taking his hair away from his eyes with a hand. "But what about Sunset?"

"Now that you said it..." Night Light observed the girl at distance with a hand scratching his chin. "We really didn't notice she moving either, and that's not usual."

"Trust me, that's not even close to all her potential." Twilight observed and started to walk toward them.

………………………….

From that moment onward, Shining Armor barely could see small traces of red and gold hair from Sunset, and a little of white and a pale violet from his mother. She started to run from store to store dragging Sunset along with a ridiculous speed as Twilight tries her hardest to keep up with them all the time (And failing miserably).

Velvet used every opportunity to show something minimally interesting, from small wrist watches to ice cream, milkshake and anything to refill her sugar rate.

Sunset in other hand was amazed by everything. As soon as she understood that no one was going to hurt her she became a whole new person.

And Twilight in other hand was trying to keep both them under control. She often needed to stop and breath, but never let them out of her sight. When Sunset devoured her ice cream and small traces of it were still on her face, Twilight was the one to use a small pocket handkerchief to clean her face.

And also stopped them when they tried to cross the street during the red light, or outside the crosswalk.

Basically...

"Go on, say it," Cadence said almost as if she had read her husband's mind while observing the trio. Shining Armor smiled, she knew him very well.

"You know I love you," He began and Night Light Started to pay attention to the conversation.

"Mmhmm..."

"And I know you will be a great mom too,"

"Continue!"

"But right now, Twilight is a better mom than you!" He said with a serious face.

Night Light started to laugh.

Cadence only nodded. "I think she is better than me too."

"Don't worry," Night Light said wiping away a tear of laughter from his eye. "All in good time."

Their small conversation was stopped by Twilight that came close to the trio. She came hastily but not running. "Hey, Cadence, I don't know what time is now, but are we late for the sonogram?"

"Not really, we're actually an hour in advance. Why?" Cadence asked.

"Because I think Sunset need some new clothes,"

"She sure does..." Cadence commented.

"Yeah, the thing is, we're close to Rarity's boutique, do you think we can go there just a little bit?"

"Sure, but Rarity is more used to high-level design, do you think she has some more casual clothes?" Shining wondered.

"She does," Twilight answered playing with her hands nervously. "And... I had been so busy with the portal and Sunset, that I had not seen any of the girls in a long time."

"It's okay, we surely can go there!" Cadence said smiling, and Twilight's face shined with happiness.

"Yeah, but I think we should be going soon, we're not that advanced." Night Light said.

"Don't worry, we're not taking long." She said and begun to run toward the eccentric duo.

After a small conversation, she explained the situation. Velvet was amazed by the idea of shopping, and Sunset wasn't against it either since Twilight's clothes soon prove that were too small in certain areas for her to wear it comfortably.

"You guys go ahead, I'll follow you soon after." Night Light said and waved a small goodbye as he walked away. Twilight couldn't help but wonder what he was going to do. Besides being a lot more reserved as his wife, Night Light was famous inside the family for his surprises.

But obviously, it didn't take long before Velvet dragged Sunset all the way toward Rarity's boutique, talking about all the wonderful dresses and sophisticated gowns that were since long ago Rarity's specialty.

Sunset walked fast following the rhythm of Velvet's pace with easy. But inside her brain, she wasn't quite following the course of the conversation. Sure, she was very aware of the necessity of wearing clothes, but all those fancy words and wanders were just too much for her to keep up and still see a good reason for it. Since long ago, she was used to living just according her necessities, wearing clothes were nothing more important than keeping your own corporal heat and protect you from the cold.

Even both Twilight and Cadence seems to agree with the older woman about the importance of 'Finding your own style'.

But Sunset did not have the time to properly think about the subject. After no more than two minutes of walking, she saw what she could only describe as the most extravagant building she'd ever seen before.

"Welcome to the Carousel Boutique!" Twilight said with a confident smile showing the place with her arm in a dramatic manner.

As the name suggests, Carousel Boutique bears a resemblance to a Carousel —or merry-go-round—from the outside, having a largely cylindrical building shape with decorative pillars and sculptures lining the lower and upper exterior. The white color was definitely the most prominent, every here and there is marked with flowers in jars or pink and purple ornaments.

"Wow... It is..."

"Amazing isn't?" Twilight interrupted. "She bought a building that was almost in ruins and restored it to that state! Of course, we helped a little, but she certainly deserves more of the credits."

"I was going to say flashy... But your definition is still fair I think." Sunset answered and again was pushed toward the entrance of the building. They opened the door that triggered a bell located just above the entrance.

Inside of the building was even more impressively extravagant than the outside, everywhere she looks was filled by big and fancy dresses from various colors and sizes. Some of them were old fashioned and even more were definitely made by hand with a skill Sunset never thought it would be possible.

"Coming!" A very sophisticated and feminine voice said at distance. Sunset again could not observe the surrounding place with the attention it deserves. "Just give me one second, I am almost finished here!"

Twilight kept a smile on her face for reasons yet unknown to Sunset. She was not complaining, of course, she is definitely prettier when smiling.

Nothing relevant of course.

Steps began to approach slowly. Her heart almost skipped a beat, but she managed to control herself. When Velvet started to push her toward basically everywhere, she adopted a strategy to simply ignore every living being except those with her.

But now is different, she is going to talk face to face someone she probably never saw before... Besides Twilight's family, of course.

She gave a deep breath. Twilight's family proves not only harmless but really fun to be around. Maybe this time will be no different.

As soon as she finished her thoughts the owner of the shop makes her entrance. A young woman with a skin as white as ivory gave slow but confident steps toward the small group. (Well, anyone is young when comparing to herself, but that's not the point.)

That woman is wearing a pair of red and fashion glasses, totally different when compared to Twilight's, and a very fancy dress. Her hair is purple and well treated with a really small hat on the left side of the head. Actually, she needed a second to understand how come her hat does not fell down already, but it was stuck with a beautiful but discreet ribbon around her head.

"I am really sorry that it takes so long, but I really needed to finish an order... Twilight, darling, is that you?" The girl's eyes suddenly widened together with a smile.

"Long time no see!" Twilight said with a really big smile, she opened her arms and the girl instantly gave her a strong hug.

"I am so glad you are here!" The woman said after she got away a little. "What is happening to you? There is so long since you joined us in anything! We were getting worried already!"

"You know, I was REALLY into one of my experiments, and I had no time for nothing at all! But I swear this is not going to repeat." She answered and apologized.

"There is no problem darling. Actually, we are going to spend the next Saturday together, Will you join us?" She asked with a sweet face.

"Of course she will! I think this one already spend too much time inside the box." Velvet said like always in a playful tone. "But this is not the reason we're here today!"

"Oh, right!" Twilight said and turned her face toward Sunset, the other girl followed her gaze and finally seems to notice the presence of the rest of them.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I did not notice... Anyway, you are all very welcome in my boutique!" She smiled at them.

"Don't worry with that, but we're here for a small occasion," Cadence answered and also turned her face toward Sunset.

"Hum? Occasion?" She asked and finally locked her eyes in the only strange in the room. "Oh, my, and who might you be?" Her smile grew as she studies Sunset's face.

"She's Sunset Shimmer. She' my friend and I were hoping you could show us some clothing options." Twilight said and the other girl observed Sunset from top to bottom, what makes the girl a little nervous was the fact that the woman suddenly seemed to be really surprised, almost as if there is something really wrong with the way she was dressed.

"Hum, Darling, I would hate to be coarse, but if I can remember properly this is one of your oldest clothes, or am I wrong?" She asked as a small blush found its way toward Twilight's checks.

"Is not that old!" She complained.

"Excuse me Darling, but you already had those during our first year of high school!" She answered matter of factually. "And at that time I already thought you should get rid of those."

"Hey!"

"Excuse me," She walked toward Sunset that closed her fist discreetly. "Your name is Sunset Shimmer if I remember, is it not?"

"Yes, it is." She said looking the girl right in the eyes. Both of them have almost the same height, which makes an eye contact easy.

"My name is Rarity, it is very nice to meet you!" She said with a smile. "How can I help you?"

"I... I would like some clothes for me to use," She said without getting her eyes away from the woman right in front of her.

"Oh, of course, you do!" Rarity giggled a little with the answer. "But I want to know if you have any preferences in mind?"

"Hum," Sunset thought for some seconds before she answers something. "I want something comfy, I think?"

"Well, I am sure we can search for some more comfy clothes, but I want to know if you have any style in mind."

"Style?" Sunset asked back seeing to be doubtful. "I have not one in mind."

"What?" Rarity asked and opened her mouth to start a really long lecture about the importance of style in one's life, but was soon interrupted by Twilight.

"I'm afraid we have not so much free time today," she said. "But long story short, we just need some everyday clothes for her to use."

"Not much free time, huh?" Rarity said observing Sunset. "Well, I will love the challenge, but I think you will have to be prepared for a hard time of shopping, Darling."

"Hard part?" Sunset asked. 'I thought we were going to chose some clothes, how hard can that be?'

Thankfully she did not say it out loud...

'This is chaos... TRUE CHAOS!'

After five minutes she already wanted to jump back through the portal and jump inside the mouth of the first monster she finds.

She is very proud of her speed. No kidding, even on the other world, few were the ones capable to keep up with her if she really wants to go fast.

But she never had to change into dozens of different outfits, make-up, accessories and anything within her sight inside the boutique. Piles of discarded clothes lie at her side together with her pride.

On the last few minutes she was dressed as a sailor, punk girl, magician, from top to toe with different tones of pink that for some strange reason had different names even if they looked exactly the same, red and orange to match her hair, green to match her eyes and anything that crossed not only Rarity's mind but Cadence and Velvet's too.

'If I get out of here alive... I SWEAR I WILL NEVER BUY CLOTHES AGAIN!'

Author's Note:

I am really sorry for taking so long to write this, and that chapter should be even bigger, but my creativity suddenly disappeared.
But let me be clear, I thought I was going to put all of the day inside this chapter and then change the point of view jus a little, but I'm afraid this will not be possible yet.
Anyway, I wish you enjoy it.