• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 4,310 Views, 256 Comments

My immortal phoenix. - Lieral



In a world where magic "apparently" don't exist, Twilight is a young and prodigious scientist struggling to leave her mark in history, but she never expected her new experiment to lead her to a new world apparently uninhabited... Apparently...

  • ...
8
 256
 4,310

Chapter 24- Listen

"Don't you think we should call Sunset?" Spike asked while staring his owner barely keeping her balance while on top of a very old small folding ladder and stretching the maximum she can while trying to reach the the highest place of what is probably the most garbage-filled closet in the entire neighborhood.

"C-Come on Spike, we can't rely on her magic for something like that," As soon as Twilight finished her sentence she felt the ladder almost come out from under her feet. She wrenched her arms desperately trying to regain her lost balance, but only after a few seconds did she manage to accomplish this feat.

"I'm not saying that because she can use magic, I'm saying this because she's taller than you," Spike face palmed as Twilight breathed heavily after the small jump scare. "And could you please tell me why you're trying to get something out of it? I do not see anything so precariously embedded since you loved Tetris,"

"Hey, Tetris is a commonly underestimated game," Twilight complained as her hand closed around something. "What is that?"

"But of course it is ..." Spike rolled his eyes once. "But you still have not answered me,"

"There's already... Huf ... Three months since I cleaned it, it's time to see what we have here that might be useful for us," She responded as she tried to take whatever it was she had put her hands into, but unfortunately the remains of long-time electronics were holding it back. "Come on, GET... OUT!"

"Hum, Twilight, I don't think this is a good idea," Spike gave a few steps back as the purple haired girl used one of her legs on the door of the closet and began to push. "I know you're bored without being able to go to work because of the snow, but we could do something slightly different, don't you think?"

"GET OUT!" She screamed and with a final push she managed to disentangle the object. But obviously gravity is not a force that likes to be forgotten so easily, especially by the owner of an intellect as brilliant as she. Only when she felt the full weight of her body disappear that she realize what she had done and closed her eyes already expecting to feel the impact of the fall.

...

...

But it did not came.

"You should listen the others every now and then," A very familiar voice reached her ears and Twilight instantly opened her eyes. She was surrounded by a strange green aura that was keeping her just a few inches from the floor. "That could have hurt,"

"Hum... Thanks," She finally touched the floor. "You said that a few times already, didn't you?"

"I would stop saying if you listen," Sunset Shimmer offered her hand that was slowly accepted by the purple-haired girl. "You know you could have called me, right?"

"I thought I shouldn't bother you for something so boring as a clean up," Standing up slowly Twilight cleaned her clothes with her free hand.

"I do not mind... But what is that?" Sunset asked pointing the small device that her friend had just found.

"Oh, right. Let's see," It took Twilight no longer than a second to recognize it. "AH!"

"MY 3DS!" Spike yelled while bouncing. "THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T FOUND IT ANYWHERE!"

"YOUR 3DS?" Twilight almost yelled. "I don't remember you helping me to pay for it!"

"Details, who cares about them?" Spike shrugged.

"Every scientist that exists, which includes myself," Twilight hissed back. "Anyway, this is my only video game today, but I thought I lost it when I started working on the portal," This time she smiled while looking at the small advice. "I need to charge it right now," She said already leaving the room in search of the charger.

"What is a video game?" Sunset's expression was a confused one.

"Oh, you poor little one," Spike put one of his paws on Sunset's foot. "The evil Twilight Sparkle deprived you of the fun things in life, didn't she?"

"HEY!" Twilight's voice reach the pair from another room.

"What are you talking about? Math and chemistry are fun,"Sunset answered without a doubt.

"Oh, gosh, it's worse than I thought," Spike's voice were dramatic. "To think you already got in that state... Snif,"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ELSE!"

"I have really no idea what is happening here..." Sunset scratched the back of her head. "But that 'video game' is fun, right?"

"OH, You have no idea how much!" Spike bounced a few times with the glee of a filly. "So many different games for me to show you, I don't even know from where to start,"

"Well, we agree this time," Twilight said while walking back to the main room. "I may not have that many games, but the ones I have are worth of hours and hours of fun easily," She was smiling from ear to ear, obviously happy to have it back.

"Okay, then," Sunset shrugged. "It is not like I have anything better to do today,"

"Sadly we still have to wait for it to charge first," Twilight looked through the windows. "I know it's not what we want but a few hours must be more than enough,"

"What about a movie then?" Spike asked.

"That' a good idea," Twilight said but turned away. "You two go ahead and chose the movie while I'll make popcorn and a few snacks,"

"I am always in for good food," Sunset said and followed her instead of Spike with both of her hands inside of the pockets of her black jacket. "Actually, something like a cake would be very welcome," She leaned against the wall of the kitchen with her already characteristic smile.

"This will take a little longer, but sure," Twilight opened the nearby drawer apparently in search of something. "Now, where's Pinkie's recipe?"

"Pinkie?" Sunset scratched her chin as if trying to remember something "This is the name of one of your friends, am I right?"

"Eyep," Twilight nodded. "She's definitely the best cook between us, followed by Applejack I think... This is actually a really hard one to decide,"

"They cook better than you?" Sunset suddenly showed a lot of interest.

"No doubt! I can only make the basic of the basic. And these two can bake almost anything!" The purple-haired girl took the popcorn and put it inside the microwave. "Now, where's that thing?"

"You do not have to bake a cake, Twilight, anything you do will be more than enough for me," Sunset said.

"I know, but now I want a cake too. If Pinkie Pie was here she could give me a new recipe... Maybe I should call her?"

"Well, given the enraged snowfall outside I think it will be a little hard for her to come here now," Sunset smirked.

"Sunset, just let me give you a little advice: NEVER underestimate Pinkamena Diane Pie" Twilight putted a hand on the handle of the cupboard with a serious expression and opened it.

"HEY TWILIGHT!" A third voice spoke dragging Sunsets attention, strangely, toward the said cupboard. "I heard you lost the recipe for that delicious cake, so I decided to give you the newer and even more delicious version of that recipe that I did a few days ago," Sunset felt her mouth opening in surprise.

The stranger girl Sunset had ever seen in her long life was inside the cupboard. She have a pink hair and skin and an even pinker dress adorn with... Are those real balloons?

"Oh, hey Pinkie Pie," Twilight smiled apparently oblivious to the awkwardness of the situation. "Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted," She took the offered paper with her left hand and offered her right one. "Want a help to get out of there?"

"Sure," The pink girl accepted the offered hand and jumped off the cupboard that was clearly too small for her to be in, mainly given the fact that her dress is even more voluptuous than Sunset first thought. The girl cleaned the dirty from her dress and finally seemed to notice Sunset. "Oh my goodness, it's you!"

"Me?" Sunset asked back completely dumbfounded.

"Twilight's new and immortal friend of course," She waved her hand as if it was nothing. "You're even prettier than I thought you were! You're not prettier than Applejack though," The girl started bouncing in the same place.

"Wait. WHAT? Twilight, you told her about me?"

"What? Of course not!" Twilight answered without taking her eyes away from the recipe. "She knew you were hiding something from me way before me,"

"What, HOW?" Sunset finally took her hands away from her pockets.

"This is not important silly," The girl giggled just a few inches from the immortal girl, (That did not managed to notice the other girls movements). "My name is Pinkie Pie, What's your name?" She offered her hand in a clear sign.

"Sunset... Shimmer," Sunset accepted the offered hand slowly, but as soon as her hands touched Pinkie Pie started to shake her hand with an absurd speed and strength.

"That's a really cool name! And it's even funnier when you notice that your name and Twilight's name are synonymous," She let go of the red haired girl that was having a little hard time trying to keep up with the bouncing girl.

"Now that you said it," Twilight put a hand on her chin. "You're right!" She giggled. "Oh no! I'm out of cinnamon! Hey Pinkie, do you have some?"

"Why would she carry cinnamon around with her..."

"Here, catch," She putted a hand inside her hair and then pulled it out while holding a small glass filled with cinnamon.

"What?" Sunset asked surprised.

"Thanks, I knew I could count on you!" Twilight took the glass with naturalness.

"Awn, You're welcome,"

"Hey, we're going to watch a movie, want to stay with us? It will be hard for you to go out right now," She looked outside the windows again. "The snow is getting really strong today,"

"Oh, Oh, what we're going to watch? " Pinkie Pie bounced in the same place again.

"Hum... SPIKE! "

"What's up? " Spike got into the kitchen. "Hey, Pinkie Pie, what you're doing here? "

"I just wanted to give Twilight a new recipe, but I think I'll stay to watch a movie with you guys,"

"Nice, come with me, we're going to watch Appleseed! " He said already leaving the kitchen with Pinkie Pie following close.

"I Love apples!"

"You never watched this movie, did you? "

"Nope, nopey," She answered with a ridiculously big smile. "But we're going to have apples, right? "

"She's not even going to ask about the talking dog?" Sunset scrarched the back of her head completely lost.

"Please Sunset, she's Pinkie Pie. It takes a lot more than that to impress her," Twilight waved her hand as if dismissing something and continued to follow her recipe.

"Okay, but can you at least tell me how did she got into the cupboard in first place?" Sunset asked.

"She's Pinkie Pie," Twilight answered matter-of-factly.

"And how did she knew me?"

"She's Pinkie Pie,"

"How did she knew I'm immortal?"

"She's Pinkie Pie,"

"This will be your answer to everything?"

"Sunset, we're talking about Pinkie Pie... This is the only answer that exist," Twilight finally turned her gaze toward Sunset, but her eyes are filled with worry. "And as soon as you accept it, better,"

"What she's doing is impossible without using magic!" Sunset was having a hard time trying to stay calm.

"Did you felt ANY magic coming from her?" Twilight putted everything down and went toward Sunset.

"Well, no, but?... "

"What do you feel when you try to feel her presence?"

"I feel the same type of presence you have, but..."

"Sunset, listen," Twilight gently pressed her red-haired friend against the wall, making Sunset's heart beat a lot faster for no apparent reason. "Just this once you have to listen me, for your sanity's sake: forget the logic, the science and the magic... She's Pinkie Pie, and that simply means that she doesn't have to make sense,"

"But..."

"No buts. No mores. Just. Don't. Even. Start. Accept!" She let go of Sunset. "And now, I have a cake to bake. Don't try anything while I'm here," She slowly turned away. And sadly, she didn't listen Sunset's next words.

"Let's see if there's no sense..." She also turned away and went to the main room where Pinkie Pie and Spike are already waiting.

Author's Note:

Well, here's another chapter.
Now that Pinkie Pie is formally introduced I am finally starting to create a way to Midnight's arc.
I just hope I post the next chapter sooner.