• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 4,278 Views, 256 Comments

My immortal phoenix. - Lieral



In a world where magic "apparently" don't exist, Twilight is a young and prodigious scientist struggling to leave her mark in history, but she never expected her new experiment to lead her to a new world apparently uninhabited... Apparently...

  • ...
8
 256
 4,278

Chapter 16- Jack Sparrow

Lots of bags hit the floor without any concern, and soon after that, the spring mattress fluttered as the body almost unconscious of Sunset Shimmer fell on top of it with a sigh.

"Hey, Sunset, at least put your new pajamas on before you sleep!" Twilight entered the shared room while still holding the rest of the bags. Shinning Armor was the next followed by Night Light, and Cadence for some strange reason had decided to stay on the living room for a little more time.

"Just another fifty minutes..." The red-haired answered with a low and tired voice, and it didn't take long before her eyes close and her breathing becomes quiet and rhythmic.

"Well, at least she's very honest about her sleeping time," Twilight Velvet was the next person to fill the small space.

"Believe me, Fifty minutes is a euphemism," Twilight put down the remaining bags.

The afternoon passed without any major problem. After buying a whole wardrobe from Rarity (That made a very generous discount), the small group went to the hospital, and the sonogram went as well as the rest of the day.

'Maybe except for the way Sunset and my brother met each other... That was stressful.'

"Anyway, did anyone want some coffee?" Twilight asked already walking toward the kitchen.

"You really shouldn't drink so much coffee, you know?" Velvet asked with a mischievous smile.

"C'mon, let's not start this conversation again," Twilight answered faster than a bullet.


"Today was an interesting day, wasn't?" Cadence asked with an amused smile.

"Interesting?" Shining Armor repeated the word and assumed a concentrated expression. "I'm not sure that's the word I would use to describe it..." The king-sized bed fluttered as he finally lay down with a tired expression. "Maybe 'long' is a better definition."

"Seriously? 'Long? That's the word you would use to the day that you discover that your new Sister-in-Law is a girl from another world?" Cadence asked without taking away her smile and observing an really old book.

"She's not my Sister-in-Law!" He covered himself with the blue blanket that his wife liked so much. "And what are you reading? This is not one of our books, is it?"

"Oh, no," Cadence grinned like a small devil planing a very mischievous joke. "This is a new one."

"New? It looks like a century old," He complained scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah... Strange, isn't?" She wandered with her eyes shining.

"What is it about?" Again he asked.

"I don't know yet," She answered shrugging.

"And why do you picked it if you don't even know what is it about?" Confusion and mistrust were clear on his face. Sure, he loves his wife and would be able to trust his life on her hands, but when she wanted to do the 'wrong' thing... It's safer for you to run away as fast as possible.

"Well, your sister makes a job so good trying to hide it from me that I knew that I had to read it somehow!" She smiled innocently in stark contrast to her slightly psychotic phrase.

"Wait, what?" Shining couldn't help but ask. "You says Twilight was trying to keep it hidden from you... And you not only stole it, but you will read anyway,"

"Yeap!" She answered opening the book on the first page.

"And where was it hide?"

"Together with all the other books on the bookshelf," She answered still smiling.

"Wait, then it was not hidden, it was on its right place!" He said confused.

"Shining, Shining..." She put a hand on his cheek and squeezed it a little. "So smart and yet so naive!"

"Say what now?" He asked with his checks red, even if just one of them had been squeezed.

"Think well Shining, where is the last place you would put a book if you want to hide it from your very meddling Sister-in-Law?" He thought for some seconds. If he was trying to hide a book he would never let it with other books where everyone can see it... But thinking about it that way, if he tries to hide it on some secret spot, like a safe or under his bed, then anyone will know there is something important there... Wait a minute... "See? The best way to keep something hidden is where everyone can see it and yet no one is going to suspect a thing!"

"Wow, this is actually pretty clever!"

"Isn't? But she commits a very big mistake!" Cadence's smile was so bright and confident that was actually a little scary.

"And what was it?" He asked suspecting of her answer.

"I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!"

Author's Note:

Well, I'm sorry this is a really small chapter, but this is my "attempt of return", since this story is on hiatus for a long time now.
Anyway, I'm going to make the next chapter a little different from the others, but I think it will be a really good change of POV.