• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,242 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,242

Apple Braveheart

Just when Applejack ran all the way back to the Apple Farm at the start of the attack on Ponyville, she saw her Apple Family already fighting against the invaders with everything they've got. She saw her big brother Big Mac smashing his hooves on most of the invading paratroopers, breaking their skulls with ease and bashing them with his shovel. As for Apple Bloom and Granny Smith, they took out a catapult from their barn and started to launch apple pies at the invaders. Not wanting to let the rest of her family have all the glory, Applejack jumped into action and bucked most of the invaders that got in her way, with both of her hind hooves. One invader tried to attack the orange farm pony from above with his spear. However, Applejack leaned back, evading the invader's spear thrust and punched him in the groin, making him fall on his back. The next thing the invader saw was that he was met with a stomp in the face by Applejack. After taking down one invader, three more appeared from the sky. Before they closed in onto Applejack, Big Mac jumped in their way and slammed one of them with his shovel, sending him flying into a nearby building back at Ponyville from a mile away. The moment he saw Applejack, Big Mac handed her over a pitchfork. Not wanting to wait until the last minute, Applejack grabbed the pitchfork with her hooves and continued to fight against the invaders.

"Applejack, do you've got any plans on how to escape this mayhem??" Apple Bloom asked her big sister.

"We're just gonna have ta fight our way out of Ponyville, y'all!!!" Applejack suggested to her little sister. "Big Mac, take us outta here!!!"

"EEYUP!!!" Big Mac responded in a positive tone as he ran into the barn and put on a harness that's attached to a nearby wagon.

When Apple Bloom and Granny Smith left their catapult behind, Big Mac took out one of the wagons from the tool shed next to their barn and galloped away from the Apple Farm, with Apple Bloom and Granny Smith riding on top of the wagon and Applejack escorting the three Apples all the way out of Ponyville. During their escape, more enemy paratroopers came down from the sky, jumping off from their airships, and continued to attack the Apple Family head-on. Without hesitation, Applejack bucked several more of the invading paratroopers and stabbed a few of them with her pitchfork while helping her family escape their doom. Behind them, the Unicornian soldiers appeared and started to chase after them as they unleashed several volleys of their magic blasts at the Apples. As they saw the invaders opening fire upon them from behind, Granny and Apple Bloom ducked down inside the wagon as they tried to evade getting shot at. Out of retaliation, Granny Smith hurled a couple of Apple Cherry bombs at the invaders. The moment the bombs exploded in front of their hooves, the invaders were sent flying backwards while others had their limbs blown off from their bodies, resulting in a bloody mess as they squirmed on the ground in excruciating pain. While running through Ponyville, the Apples still see innocent ponies get captured or blasted apart by the invaders for their incompetence. Not wanting to see any more of these horrors in Ponyville, Applejack ordered her brother to head down south towards Appleloosa.

After giving chase for half an hour, the Apples finally lose the invaders. However, Applejack noticed that the sun is about to set by the time they'll reach Appleloosa. The moment Applejack got tired from all the running away from Ponyville, she jumped up on the wagon that Big Mac was hauling and took a breather. As they made their trek towards south of Ponyville, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith are both starting to feel totally shaken after escaping from the invaders at the Apple Farm.

"Hey, Applejack, just who are those guys that tried to attack us, ah?" Apple Bloom asked while trembling in fear.

"I'm not sure, sugarcube." Applejack denied. "Well whoever those bucking snobs are, we can't let them git very far like dat!!! We have ta warn the residents of Appleloosa and Dodge City of this impeding threat. Big Mac, take us to Appleloosa!!!"

"EEYUP!!!" Big Mac responded to Applejack's request.

Without hesitation, Big Mac galloped as fast as he could while hauling the rest of the Apple Family down the road towards Appleloosa. Along the way, Applejack could not help but worry about the safety of the rest of the other Apples from the rest of the town's and cities outside of Ponyville. As a matter, Applejack could not say for sure of when she'll be seeing the rest of her friends again. Deep down, the farm pony mare feared that Applejack might lose her friends the most, the way she lost Princess Twilight Sparkle. Hopefully, whether or not Twilight is still here, the other Princesses of Equestria may try to find a way to drive this invasion in this catastrophic event, or so Applejack.

Upon reaching Appleloosa at nightfall, the Apple Family went to a nearby Inn to stay at. After they found a room to sleep in, Applejack looked up to the night sky, thinking about what will ever become of her friends, now that they're separated. Because they're the Element bearers of Harmony, a part of Applejack is telling her that they will not give in without a fight, while a part of her is questioning on how long is she and the others are going to survive out there without each other by their side. Since Twilight isn't there for her or for the rest of the Mane 5, Applejack isn't sure how will they drive away the invaders when they're separated from each other.

"Oh, Twi." Applejack muttered to herself in tears coming out of her eyes, with her holding her hat onto her chest. "If only you were still there for us, I'm sure we'll be able to stop those scoundrels while we're in a team."

After staring at night sky for several more minutes, Applejack finally went to bed to clear up immediate thoughts over everything that happened since this morning.

When morning came, the Apple Family received the latest news headlines from the Foal Free press. Upon reading what it said on the newspaper, most of the citizens of Appleloosa were trembling in fear of what will ever become of their country. Not wanting to stand around and wait for a miracle, Applejack went to the Sheriff's office to discuss on what should we do about this. Before any pony could say anything, Applejack came out of the Sheriff's office and decided to take a stand alongside the Sheriff Silverstar of Appleloosa himself.

"All right, ev'ry pony. Ya all wondering why we're gathered here today when facing a crisis, such as a civil war, ah!!" Applejack announced while on top of the podium. "Ya ain't gonna like this y'all, but Ponyville has fallen to the invaders. Me and ma family had no choice but to leave sweet Apple acres immediately upon their arrival. De inhabitants are presumed captured, along with their Mayor."

Upon hearing Applejack's speech, the entire crowd started muttering in fear of what will become of their beloved town of Appleloosa. They also feared, that whoever those Invaders are, they might get attacked in Appleloosa with no hope for survival. Even the elder ponies were under a state of panic. Before any pony could say anything, Applejack continued with her speech in front of the Sheriff's office.

"Ah ain't gonna stand around and wait for a foolish miracle to unfold; I'm going to stand my ground here, along with the Sheriff and his men. When he learned about yesterday's invasion, the Sheriff and I had a talk about what we're going to do. Since he knows me really well about how me and ma friends helped save Appleloosa from the Buffalo Tribe and that we helped them reach an agreement to end the conflict between ponies and buffalos, he decided to pay me back by helping me defend dis err town. Those who want to fight alongside us, feel free to join. If not, we'll help y'all evacuate to Dodge City. Also, one of the Sheriff's men has sent word to our Buffalo allies of Chief Thunderhoove's tribe to request reinforcements. We'll hold the invaders off here as long as we can, while buying time for the rest of the fillies, mares, and colts escape to Dodge City. WHO'S WITH ME?!!!!"

After giving it some thought, most of the young earth ponies reacted with a positive response, claiming that since Appleloosa is their home, they do not wish to let it fall under enemy hooves. So, they all scattered around the town and grabbed everything that they could use as a weapon, such as saws, hammers, pitchforks, shovels, swords, spears, bows and arrows, and metal chains. As most of people of Appleloosa armed themselves, Sheriff Silverstar and his men armed themselves with spiked maces and tower shields. Before Applejack had chance to move on, Silverstar came up from behind with a question of his own.

"So Applejack, are you sure that the rest of your friends will not be able to help you defend Appleloosa from them like they did when Thunderhooves' tribe attacked our town?" Silverstar asked. "I mean, I know you and your friends are trying to recover your losses from hearing about how your Princess friend, Twilight Sparkle, met her untimely demise."

"Sliverstar, my other friends have to make sure their families are safe first. So, I can't say for sure of when they'll be back to help me out." Applejack responded in a solemn tone. "Even though losing Princess Twilight has resulted in a very deep wound that cannot heal, Big Mac told me that because were family, we'll always stick together no matter how grim the situation at hoof is; it was during the time when I was working my flank off and that I couldn't stop thinking about Twi when I saw her in that glass coffin back at Canterlot. Despite this, I still have to stay strong for my friends and my family."

"I see." Silverstar acknowledged Applejack's loss. "If it were up to me dealing with that horrible Blueblood, I would've had him face the guillotine here in Appleloosa and send his head straight towards his family's doorstep!!!"

"Those racist buckers may have taken Ponyville, but THEY CAN'T TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!" Applejack roared in a furious war cry. "I'll smash every one of those buckers if it's the last thing ah do!!!"

At the evacuation area, Applejack sees the ponies of Appleloosa who couldn't fight get on board the stagecoaches before heading to Dodge City. As they went on their stagecoaches, some bid farewell to their loved ones before heading out, while some let their tears come out of their eyes, assuming that they'll won't see their families again in the civil war. For the little fillies, they said goodbye to their mothers and fathers before getting onboard with their senior relatives. After several hours of evacuation, most of the ponies that can't fight were already gone, except for Applejack's family. As she and Big Mac prepare for the upcoming battle at Appleloosa, they went in for a group hug with Apple Bloom and Granny Smith. Before they left their elder sister and elder brother to defend Appleloosa, Apple Bloom makes one final speech for the both of them.

"Applejack. Big Mac." Apple Bloom sniffed. "P-Please be safe out there!!!"

As Apple Bloom started crying, Applejack comforted her little sister one last time.

"Ya know I will, sugarcube." Applejack said to Apple Bloom, as she let one more tear fall out of her eye before releasing her sister from her embrace. "Just remember to do what Granny Smith says from now on."

"Thank you, Applejack." Apple Bloom replied as she wiped her tears away from her face before getting onboard the last stagecoach with Granny Smith.

After they see Granny and Apple Bloom disappear into the desert, along with their stagecoach, Applejack and Big Mac went back to the Appleloosa Town Square to setup the garrisons. During the deployment, Applejack and Big Mac helped setup some ambush points all over the street, while Silverstar and his men trained the Appleloosa militants with various weapons. As for Applejack, Silverstar gave her a set of weapons to use for combat, later on. Big Mac got himself a huge shovel to use whenever the invaders tried to go after him. As soon as they're done setting up the garrisons around Appleloosa, most of the militant inhabitants hid inside the buildings, leaving Applejack as live bait.

Throughout the night, they had one of the Changeling Republican Soldiers patrol outside of Appleloosa. Ever since Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence formed an allegiance with the Changelings after Queen Chrysalis' passing, they also setup shop nearby Appleloosa. At first, the citizens of Appleloosa were a little shaken upon letting the changelings live amongst them. However, after 5 years of accepting their vacancy, the Changeling were able to help rebuild and remodel most of Appleloosa without hesitation. As soon as they accepted their friendship with the Changeling Republic, they were able to bridge the gap between the them and the ponies in less than a month. As of right now, a score of Changeling Republican warriors decided to help Applejack defend Appleloosa from the invasion of Unicornia. In the morning, a C.R scout came back to Appleloosa after a 12-hour surveliance outside of the town. He goes by the name Hornet Scorpio who is a purple eyed changeling with dark-green insect-like wings. The moment Hornet met up with Applejack and Silverstar at the Inn, he makes a full report to the two earth ponies.

"So Hornet, anything to report?" Applejack asked the reformed Changeling.

"A battalion of Unicornian Troops have landed 2000 meters North of Appleloosa. They're lead by Lt. Commander Dark-Light with an army of 500 soldiers in his hooves." Hornet said as he reported his findings to Applejack. "They'll be here at noon."

"Alright then, get every pony and creature inside!!" Applejack ordered.

The moment he heeded Applejack's orders, Hornet lead his men inside the Inn, along with Big Mac and Silverstar. Applejack decided to head up to the top floor of the Clock tower to get a full view of the army that is preparing to attack Appleloosa. As soon as the farm pony mare went up the tower, Applejack took out a telescope from her saddlebag and aimed it to the North of her position. From her telescope, Applejack sees two rows of enemy troops marching towards Appleloosa, with one of them holding the banner of the Unicornian Kingdom. Upon seeing them from afar, Applejack felt shaken from the fact that she'll have to use her wits and her training that she received from Sheriff Silverstar in order to survive this onslaught. From her point of view, this happens to be one of the times where Applejack has to face her enemies without the help of her friends. The last this happened, was when the farm pony faced off a Chimera when it was chasing Apple Bloom all over the forest. Only this time, it won't be just one villain to deal with; Applejack will be facing a whole army of villains that will threaten to tear the land of Equestria apart during the civil war. As soon as she saw the Unicornian Army reached Appleloosa by 500 meters, Applejack came down from the Clock tower to meet them head on.

On the other side of Appleloosa, Lt. Commander Dark-Light, one of the Royal Knights of Unicornia, marched forward with an troupe of a three Elite Guards. He happens to be a dark-green male earth pony that has a dark-blue mane and tail. He bears the cutie mark of a Purple Fluorescent sphere. Behind him was his second-in-command, Marshal Gundawarg who is also an earth pony that has light-brown fur with a grey-white mane and tail and bears the cutie mark of the face of a howling wolf. Furthermore, Gundawarg happens to be one of the members of Dark-Light's Elite Guard. Upon seeing Appleloosa from a distance, Gundawarg spots the entire town completely deserted.

"It seems that we have no pony but one on sight." Gundawarg informed his superior officer. "Applejack, the Element of Honesty I presume."

"Don't let that sight fool you, Marshal!" Dark-Light replied in a stern voice. "Her Element of Honesty still comes into question even on to this very day. We have orders from Queen Majesty to bring Applejack in, dead or alive!!!"

"Orders, sir?!!" Gundawarg asked, while readying his icicle lance.

"Send in the infantry!! I want that farm pony taken down and restrained immediately!!!" Dark-Light said as he grunted out orders to Gundawarg.

The moment Gundawarg raised his hoof up high, the trumpets among the Unicornian Battalion blurted out, issuing the troops to advance into Appleloosa. Upon seeing the Unicornians come closer to Applejack, she took a deep gulp before proceeding to ambush them in the Appleloosa town square. At first, the two guards that came closer to Applejack assume that it's just going to be a cakewalk. However, just when Applejack raised her hooves above her head, something unpredictable occurred right in front of them. Applejack pulled out a small flail from behind her blond mane and struck at one of the guards in the face, sending him tumbling to the ground and out cold. Upon seeing this sudden surprise attack, the second guard took out his spear and attempted to thrust it at Applejack's leg. Unfortunately, the farm pony mare spin around, evading the sharp tip of the spear and broke it into a shower of splinters with her hind hooves. The second guard wasn't done yet, for he drew out his sword and charged at Applejack with all his might. As Applejack picked up a sword from the first downed guard, she blocked the second guard's attack and stabbed him in the chin with a sharp, hook-like branch. The moment the guard felt the pain coming from his jaw, blood squirt out from his mouth as he collapsed on the ground, dead in front of Applejack's hooves. The third guard came at Applejack's left and drew out his sword before attacking her. However, after parried the enemy guard's blade away from her face, Applejack made a clean horizontal sweep with her sword, cutting off the guard's right hind leg clean off from his body before he fell on his back while moaning in agonizing pain. Another guard drew out his sword and came charging straight at Applejack from her right as he roared in a belligerent voice. Unfortunately, Applejack threw her sword at the enemy guard, penetrating him in the chest as he fell onto his side before succumbing to his wounds.

As the fight between Applejack and the invaders continue, the Appleloosa Militants sprang out from their hiding places and attacked the Gundawarg's detachment from both left and right, catching most of them off guard. In most cases, the Unicornian guards were attacked from behind, with Silverstar and Big Mac popping out from the ground and broke a few of their heads with their shovels and sledgehammers. One guard up front lunged at Big Mac with his spear only to be met with punch to the face by the Red Earth Stallion's right hoof. Another guard that appeared on Big Mac's right and made an horizontal sweeping arc with his sword only for the red stallion to grab him by the neck and twisted it with just one motion. The third guard that attack Big Mac was met with a head butt and shoved straight into a nearby wooden stake, impaling the guard and killing him. As for Silverstar, he drew out a broadsword and performed a battle stance while raising his sword up to the left side of his face. The next thing the Sheriff did was slashed at the enemy guard's face, making his left cheek bleed while squirming on the ground in pain and was met with a finishing blow by getting stabbed in his back by the Sheriff's broadsword.

Upon seeing Applejack unarmed, the guard though he can take down the farm pony immediately. However, Applejack took out a Maul from a nearby haystack. The moment the guard see Applejack carrying the Maul with her hooves, he tried to make a run for it. Unfortunately, the guard didn't get very far as he was met by several bashes on the back by Applejack's Maul, screaming in pain. The moment the guard fell onto his stomach, Applejack smashed her Maul right on top of his head, finishing him off. As Applejack turned around, she was met by several sword strikes from another guard that appear right behind her, pinning the farm pony to the ground. After blocking the guard's sword several times, Big Mac appeared and struck the guard's back with a war ax, killing him immediately. The moment Applejack got up on her hooves again, she sees another guard charging straight at her and her big brother. Without further a due, Applejack tossed the Maul to the Red Earth Stallion. As soon as Big Mac caught the Maul with his teeth, he turned around and whacked the oncoming guard right across his head, knocking him to the ground, bleeding and unconscious.

For the rest of the Appleloosa militants, they fired upon the Unicorian soldiers with their bows and arrows, striking most of them in the head or in the neck, killing them. In less than an hour, Thunderhooves' Tribal Buffalo Warriors appeared right behind Lt. Commander Dark-Light's battalion. In an instant, a dozen more of Dark-Light's men were trampled to death by the Buffalos. Before Dark-Light could issue any more orders, he noticed that half of his men were quickly eliminated due to the fact that they were being overrun by the resistance of Appleloosa and Thunderhooves' warriors. Not wanting to stand around any longer, Dark-Light makes his final order on the battlefield.

"EVERY PONY, RETREAT!!!!" Dark-Light shrieked in fear for his life. "FALL BACK TO PONYVILLE!!!!"

The moment the rest of his men heard the Lt. Commander's orders, the Unicornian Warriors immediately fled with their lives. However, even though most of Dark-Light's men fell back into the Everfree Forest, Gundawarg wasn't lucky enough to escape Applejack's wrath. After killing a couple of Appleloosa militants with his long, black sword, the Unicornian Marshal realized that he lost too many of his men in less than an hour of fighting. Upon seeing the farm pony's terrible rage before him, Gundawarg started to sweat out of fear as he dropped his sword and made a run for it. Behind Gundawarg, Applejack chased him all the way inside the Inn where he was cornered by the raging farm pony. As soon as Applejack came up close to Gundawarg, she stood there in silence while her fellow militia ponies came up from behind and raised their long-shafted weapons at the back of the enemy Marshal. After a few minutes of silence, they dragged Gundawarg all the way to the guillotine at the Appleloosa town square. Despite his pleadings, they forced Gundawarg to put his head on top of the chopping block, preparing to be executed by Sheriff Silverstar himself. However, Silverstar decided to let Applejack do the honors because he could tell that deep down, the farm pony wishes to fight for freedom in order to avenge Twilight Sparkle. Without hesitation, Applejack cuts off the rope that was holding onto the blade above the Marshal's head, with a small hatchet. In less than a second, Gundawarg's head came falling right off his body after the blade struck him from behind. After executing the enemy Marshal, Applejack lifted his head up with her hooves right in front of the Appleloosa militants. Upon seeing themselves victorious for the day, the entire crowd cheer for Applejack. Before they could say anymore, Applejack makes one more speech before she lets them clean up the mess for the next counter-attack.

"From now on every pony, Appleloosa will be our defending outpost between Ponyville and Dodge City!!!" Applejack announced in a intense voice before turning her attention to Hornet. "Hornet, send dis prick's head back ta the Unicornians as a sign of what would happen if they ever set hoof in our territory again."

"Yes, ma'am! Right away!!!" Hornet said as he acknowledged Applejack's orders before taking Gundawarg's head and flying away with it.

As Applejack see the rest of the militia and Thunderhooves' Tribe reestablish the defenses around Appleloosa, she looks toward the horizon before praying for the survival of the rest of her remaining friends, the Mane 5, and her family.