• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,243

Crystal Crumbles

After getting all of the Canterlot refugees into the Crystal Empire, Shinning Armor's men directed them to their designated areas in the Crystal Town Square. There, his subjects helped setup tents for Canterlot's citizens to stay in. During their stay, the Crystal Pony merchants brought forth food and supplies to help the refugees survive during the civil war that is occurring outside of the Empire. While Shinning helped take care of the refugees, he let his parents stay inside the Crystal Palace, left under the care of their daughter-in-law Princess Cadence.

Although they felt relieved in finding sanctuary in the Crystal Empire, Night Light and Twilight Velvet could not help but worry for the safety of their daughter Mystic Sparkle. Fearing for the life of their second daughter, Twilight Velvet could only pray that Mystic will be safe out there and not get caught by the invaders during the civil war. After several hours of trying to make the refugees feel comfortable in the Crystal Empire, Shinning Armor went back to the Crystal Palace to check up on his daughter and his wife to make sure they're both doing okay.

"Shinning, what happened out there?" Cadence asked out of concern.

"Even though we were able to help the Canterlot refugees make their way to the Crystal Empire, those wretched demons took over the train station." Shinning Armor explained. "What's worse is that those invaders were using some sort of huge robotic machinery to wipe out most of our defensive outposts outside of the Crystal Empire."

"That doesn't sound good." Cadence said in a frightened hushed tone.

"We don't know when will reinforcements will aid us in defending the Crystal Empire." Shinning Armor said before requesting a full report from Commander Quicksilver. "Commander, what's our latest report?!"

"Prince Armor, several attacks have occurred at the other cities in Equestria." Quicksilver spoke intensely. "Cloudsdale, Manehattan, Ponyville, Baltimare, and in Los Pegasus. Many of their cities' defenses are scrambling to respond to the massive attacks caused by the invaders. The Element Bearers of Harmony are scattered all over Equestria. As for the Royal Sisters, they're both trapped within the walls of Canterlot, struggling to defend the capital from the invaders."

"Do you know what we're dealing with?!" Shinning Armor asked the Commander.

"We've received word that the Armies of Queen Cicada and the Kingdom of Unicornia are apparently behind these recent attacks upon Equestria." Quicksilver informed. "The Unicornians are led by an alicorn named Queen Majesty Blueblood!"

"Oh, Faust save us all!!!" Shinning muttered to himself.

"Our CR scouts have also reported that Commander Vermillion and his battalion have taken over Ponyville, paving way for the arrival of Queen Majesty, and are directing their attacks towards the city of Canterlot." Quicksilver informed. "Major Black Scythe and her men have taken over Cloudsdale and are preparing to press their attacks on Los Pegasus. Colonel Morning Blade, Felhand, and Captain Thunderball are making their move upon the city of Manehattan. Captain Blood Harrier and his men have established supply lines from various Rock Farms and Mines to keep their resources intact, all of them directed to their outposts at Ponyville. Despite Vanhoover being under complete lockdown, Captain Bane Fright will be leading his men to attack the city at all costs. Queen Cicada had dispatched some of her Changeling Platoons to help the Unicornian Forces conquer the other cities around Equestria."

"Well, it'll be a matter of time before Cicada's forces will resume their attacks upon the Crystal Empire." Shinning Armor warned Quicksilver. "Have all Crystal Cannon teams and all of our Crystal Guard ponies stationed all over the garrisons at the city's outer walls. If anything happens, you report back to me immediately and wait for further orders!!"

"Understood, sir!!!" Commander Quicksilver said as he saluted the Crystal Prince before moving on.

After Quicksilver left to reinforce the Crystal Empire's garrisons, Princess Cadence used her magic to raise the shields all over the Crystal Empire.

Meanwhile back at the palace of the Crystal Empire, Shinning Armor's parents went to check up on their grand filly, Flurry Heart. Upon seeing so much suffering amongst the Sparkle Family, Twilight Velvet wasn't really sure if the rest of her remaining family members will ever survive this Equestrian Onslaught without any of their daughters. First it starts off with her daughter Twilight Sparkle getting killed by the corrupted nobles in Canterlot and now her second daughter Mystic Sparkle runs away after keeping close eye on her for a very long time. After reading the note that Mystic left behind, Velvet couldn't really understand what she really did that was wrong. Before she knew it, Velvet started sobbing in Night Light's hooves.

"Oh, Night Light! If only our daughter Mystic Sparkle didn't leave us." Velvet sobbed silently. "Did we ever did the right thing for our other daughter or not??"

"I-I don't really know anymore." Night Light said in a somber tone. "Maybe we should've thought twice before denying Mystic from going to Princess Celestia's school."

"I'm going to miss Mystic Sparkle." Velvet wailed as she went out to the balcony of the palace and started straight up into the clear blue sky and prayed with both of her hooves. "Oh Faust!! Please save us all!!! And please guide Mystic Sparkle back home!!!"


Somewhere in the Southern Regions of Equestria 9 years ago, before the civil war began.......

A young unicorn mare makes her way through an unknown town in the south. She goes by the name Mystic, formerly known as Mystic Sparkle the second daughter of the Sparkle Family. After suffering by not attending to the funeral of one of her closest friends and by not attending to the School of Gifted Unicorns at Canterlot, Mystic ran away from home, vowing to find a way to become stronger and famous so that her family will not doubt her anymore. A few weeks later after running away from Canterlot, Mystic finds herself in town known as StarHaven, which is surrounded by a tropical rainforest filled with exotic fruits and plantations. As she went to check out the place, the town was known for its famous library and observatory which lies in the middle of the town. It's mostly inhabited by unicorns left and right.

When Mystic first settled in StarHaven, she was met by several unicorns at a local hotel east of the library. As soon as she went inside the hotel, Mystic checked around the lobby. All around her, Mystic sees a fireplace with several books to read from the bookshelf on its left and a table with 4 seats in front of the fireplace. As she sat down and read one of the books, Mystic was greeting by an old viridian unicorn that has glasses on his face with a white mane and tail. The moment Mystic turned around to face the old unicorn, she notices that he has a cutie mark of a scroll and a graduation cap on top of it. Before Mystic could say anything, the old unicorn went to check up on her.

"Hello there kid." An old wise unicorn spoke from her left. "Are you lost?"

"No, I'm not." Mystic said with a grunt.

"Where are you from? Maybe I can help you get back to your parents?" The old unicorn continued.

"NO, I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY PARENTS AGAIN!!!" Mystic snapped, startling the rest of the other unicorns in the hotel. "Sorry. But seriously, my parents are probably the last people I would ever want to see again."

"Why's that?? You're not running away from your problems, are you kid??" The old unicorn asked, stressing the young unicorn filly off.

"It's not my place to say." Mystic said in a quieter voice before she left the hotel.

After a few minutes of silence, the old unicorn slowly got up from his seat to follow Mystic all the way to the library. At the Library, Mystic goes inside and sees three rows of books all stacked up on huge bookcases. As Mystic went further into the library, she sees a directory of the place right next to the front desk. The Directory had 5 floors. The first floor, in which Mystic was in, happens to be the main level of the library. The second floor is also known as the Science and Research level. The third floor has books revolving around history and magic. The fourth floor is described as the astronomy floor, which has an observation telescope pointing straight out into the clear blue sky. The fifth floor is the magic studies area where unicorns can get to test out their magic and their skills in various training rooms. The training rooms where divided into separate rooms, enchanted with anti-magic barriers that help protect ponies from hurting each other by accident. As Mystic did some studying in the third floor, the very same unicorn that she ran into appeared before her, with a curious look upon her face.

"What do you want??" Mystic said, almost freaking out.

"Relax, kid. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to help you." The old unicorn spoke in a calmer voice.

"Who are you, anyway?!" Mystic said, in a hushed, alarmed tone. "Why would you want to help me??"

"My name is White Scholar." The old unicorn said. "Heard you were Princess Twilight's little sister, right? Mystic Sparkle, I presume?"

"How did you know my name??" Mystic asked in a startled tone.

"I used to be one of the teachers in Princess Celestia's school until it was burned down by the terrorists, known as Equestria's First." White Scholar said. "After that, I decided to go back to StarHaven to work at the library as a Magic Instructor and Teacher. I heard that you were friends with Maplewood before she went into Celestia's School earlier. In fact, she and Princess Celestia were the ones that told me a lot about you. I see that you could not get what you wanted in Canterlot because of your parents, right?"

"Yeah well, I never even went to the School of Gifted Unicorns like Maplewood and my elder sister did." Mystic said as she pouted in frustration. "They always kept saying on how my sister Twilight Sparkle as able to be at her best when it comes to studying magic, history, politics, science, and whatnot. Unlike her, I never was successful in impressing my parents with anything. Since they never appreciated me of anything anymore, I had no choice but to leave home in order live my own life without them interfering. You probably never understand me at all."

"Actually, I do." White Scholar said, trying to brighten up Mystic's negativity. "Why don't you let me teach you on how to use magic, instead?"

"Seriously??" Mystic said not knowing to believe Scholar or not. "What makes you different from Princess Celestia and my parents? How would I know that you're not going to trick me??"

"Because you're not the only pony that is being denied of your studies from your paranoid parents." Scholar spoke in a clear tone. "I used to be like you when I was your age, always trying to study aboard but can't because of how afraid my parents are. When I ran away from home, because of them, I too stumbled in StarHaven and found a wise unicorn that was able to teach me magic that the other teachers in Celestia's School couldn't. After my training was done, I went back to Canterlot to teach other students at Celestia's School. So, as you can see, it's never too late to find some pony that can teach you magic outside of Celestia's School."

"Where should I start with?" Mystic asked White Scholar.

"You could start by studying under my tutelage as my apprentice and in return, I'll convince them to have you work in the library as one of their team members." White Scholar informed the young unicorn. "What do you say?!"

After giving it some thought to herself, Mystic finally realized that she just finally found an opportunity unfolding before her very eyes. It's been years since Mystic was confined in her own family's house on the day that she was born. Not wanting to give it another thought, Mystic makes her response to the old Unicorn Instructor.

"Thank you so much, sir." Mystic said as she finally able to start studying magic once again. "You won't be sorry."

"Its no problem, I'll help you get a room at the hotel first, help you find a job at the library, then we'll begin your training ." White Scholar said from top to bottom. "And from now on, you may call me Mr. Scholar."

"Yes, Mr. Scholar!!" Mystic said with a little bit of excitement.

As Mystic settled in with White Scholar as her apprentice in the StarHaven Library, her life finally paid off. During her training, Mystic was able to wield and improve on her magic skills in the library's 5th floor. During her lectures, Scholar taught her on how to use new spells every single week. When Mystic spent her first days working part-time in the library, she did shelving, reading books to other fillies, reorganizing books, and cleaning up floors. While on her breaks, Mystic was able to perform some good magic shows to impress the fillies living in StarHaven at its Town Square, much to White Scholar's interests. As time went on, Mystic was finally able to make new friends in StarHaven after several more performances, one of them even participated as Mystic's assistant as well.

As for the Hotel that she is staying at, the hotel clerk gave her a small room that only has one bed and a desk that is facing the window. Upon looking through the window, Mystic could see the library from a few blocks west of the hotel. Every morning, she was able to eat breakfast for free down by the lobby. Though, she was expected to pay 2,500 bits every month during her stay at the hotel. Not that it matters, Mystic's job had a wage of 100 bits per hour, in which she only works 5 hours a day and that her work-week is every 4 days. Her payroll occurs every month. So, her total earnings for every month at work is 8,000 bits. Upon living her life in these conditions, Mystic was able to start anew with fulfilling her dreams.

After 6 years of living in StarHaven, Mystic received the latest news headlines from the Foal Free Press. Upon reading it, however, Mystic notices that her parents and her brother are both in terrible danger. As she read further through the headlines, Mystic learned that a Queen Majesty Blueblood is leading the armies of Unicornia to attack the cities of Equestria, with the aid of their traditionalist allies. When Mystic was done reading, she couldn't decided if she wanted to back to Equestria to straighten things out with her parents or stay in StarHaven to continue with her work and her studies. Before she could make her decision, Mystic meets up with White Scholar.

"So Mystic, do you still miss your parents?" White Scholar asked.

"I-I think I do." Mystic said as she let tears come out of her eyes. "If only my parents could see me improve my life here in StarHaven. I missed them so much."

"Yeah well, I missed being in Celestia's School back at Canterlot." Scholar said as he looked up to the sky. "Believe me, Mystic. It's never too late to face your past because to most ponies, you can't run away from your problems forever. Tell you what, if you wish to help save Equestria, I won't stop you. You and I have been given a great honor in helping our country from falling into ruin. Whether you want to fulfill your destiny or not, now will be the only time."

"Thank you, Mr. Scholar." Mystic said in satisfactory. "If it hadn't been for you, I probably will never live it down."

"So, what are you going to do now?" Scholar asked the determined unicorn mare.

"I wish to get stronger so that I can get ready to return home to make things right for my parents and for all of Equestria." Mystic said with determination.

"Very well." Scholar acknowledged. "On your next phase of magic training, I will teach you on how to use battle spells to thwart your future enemies. Just remember to use your battle spells wisely when the time comes."

Upon hearing what Scholar just said, Mystic was able to get her high hopes back after being taught what her parents did not teach. Feeling even more confident than ever, Mystic was lead by Scholar back into the library for some magic dueling and battle spells training.


Back to the present,

Even though the defenses at the Crystal Empire were able to stay strong for 8 days, Shinning Armor and Princess Cadence were not able to make any contact with their Yak or Griffon allies, nor with the Royal Sisters. To make matters worse, every runner they've sent to Canterlot never got through. According to Shinning Armor's CR scouts, its been confirmed that Queen Majesty had dispatched several patrols of Unicornian guards all over Equestria. Sometimes, Majesty's guards brought back the heads of Shinning's messengers back to the Crystal Empire, much to the horror of the Crystal Prince.

"BLUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" Shinning Armor barfed as he ran straight to a nearby window and vomited.

As Shinning turned around to face Cadence, his face turned green and felt exhausted.

"Are you alright my dear?" Cadence asked, concerning for her husband of his immediate sickness.

"I don't think I am, Cadence. I'm sorry." Shinning Armor said in disgust. "This is like the 55th time we've sent a messenger straight to Canterlot. I don't know how is it that they keep running into those wretched invaders but I don't think I can take anymore chances."

"What about Sunburst? Should we sent him to make contact at Canterlot?" Cadence asked, making a suggestion to her husband.

"No, not Sunburst!!" Shinning Armor denied. "If anything happens to him, it's going to be a big pain trying to find another Crystaller in our city. I'm not going to risk his life on the battlefield."

Before Shinning Armor and Princess Cadence could say anymore, Commander Quicksilver bursted through the palace throne room in a panic. The next thing they saw from Quicksilver is that his face turned pale and sweating like a pig.

"Commander, are you okay? What's going on out there??" Shinning Armor asked Quicksilver out of concern.

"My Lord, Cicada and her Changelings are preparing to attack the Crystal Empire again." Quicksilver said in fear. "They're coming down from the sky!!!"

Upon hearing what Quicksilver just said, Shinning Armor rushed outside as he grabbed his armor and his sword to meet up with his platoon. As soon as Shinning and Quicksilver left the palace, they see a swarm of Changeling Insurgents repetitively smashing their way through Cadence's shield barrier. Even though their efforts were useless, the changelings were carrying some sort of Green Crystalized bomb right above the shield barrier. As Shinning looked closely at their bomb, he noticed that the bomb was as huge as house, carrying 10 tons of unstable nitroglycerin from within its mass. The Crystal Prince's eyes widened with horror as he sees the Changelings drop the bomb right on top of the shield barrier.

"EVERY PONY DOWN!!!!!" Shinning Armor shouted at the top of his lungs as he and Quicksilver ran inside a nearby Crystal Building.

While some of the Crystal Ponies, Canterlot refugees, and guards scrambled for cover, the bomb exploded in mid-air, unleashing multiple small green crystals all over the shield barrier and started drilling its way through, making big cracks through Cadence's spell. Before any pony could do anything, the shield barrier shattered into a million pieces and the green crystals that drilled through it started plummeting all over the Crystal Empire, exploding upon impact. The next thing that happened is when the changelings attacked the Crystal ponies from above, rendering the Crystal Guard completely overwhelmed. When some of the Crystal Guard left there posts to protect the citizens from the Changelings, they found themselves completely surrounded as they did magical dive bombs, sending several of the Royal Guards flying and crashing into various Crystal Houses.

"Commander Quicksilver, have our men fall back to the Crystal Palace." Shinning Armor said as he desperately gave orders to his commander.

"Yes sir!!" Quicksilver acknowledged as he drew out his Crystal Lance. "Every pony fall back to the palace!!!"

As Crystal Guards left their garrisons, they were all forced to fight their way through. At the Main Gate, the Changeling Robots blasted their way through and crushed every straggler in their sights. Shinning Armor went to the main gates and helped most of his guard ponies flee to the palace while single-handedly fought the oncoming attackers with Quicksilver.

Shinning charged up his horn and aimed at several Changelings, knocking them down from the sky. As soon as several of the insurgents closed in on him, Shinning took out his sword and chopped off one Changeling Head and stabbed the next on on his right side. The third Changeling charged forwards with its crude spear only for the Crystal Prince to direct the spear away from his face with his sword. In an instant, the third Changeling was met with a hoof-punch in the eye by the Crystal Prince's left hoof, knocking him out cold. The fourth Changeling lashed out with his axe with a horizontal swipe at Shinning Armor only for him to dodge it and stab the Changeling right in the chest with his sword before falling on his back dead.

Quicksilver made several whacks and stab thrusts with his Crystal Lance upon 5 Changelings before it snapped in two. After he threw his broken lance away, Quicksilver took out his flail and swung it at a nearby Changeling. Unfortunately, as Quicksilver fight intensifies, one of the Changeling Robots came up from behind and grabbed him by the stomach, crushing him to death. In less than a second, Commander Quicksilver started screaming in pain, for his fate has been sealed.

"Commander!!!" Shinning Armor shouted in horror upon seeing Quicksilver getting crushed in their grip.

"F-Forget about me, your highness!!" Quicksilver said as blood started spilling out from his mouth. "G-Go get your w-wife out of here!!!"

Before Shinning Armor could say anymore, Quicksilver used every last ounce of his strength to pull of a pin belonging to a HE grenade attached to his left side.

"F-For E-Equestria!!!" Quicksilver muttered to himself as his HE grenade went off, right inside his hoof.

In an instant, Quicksilver exploded into a bloody chunk of limbs, destroying the very same robot that tried to crush him underneath its grip. At the same time, the explosion sent Shinning Armor flying a couple of feet away from the Gate Courtyard. Without hesitation, several of his guard ponies were able to help get Shinning back on his hooves. The moment he got up, Shinning Armor and his platoon of Crystal Guards fell back to the Crystal Palace. Right behind them, the Crystal Ponies and the Canterlot Refugees were immediately captured by Cicada's forces left and right. As soon as they went back into the palace, Shinning Armor ordered his remaining men to barricade the doors.

Outside of the Crystal Palace, Cicada's Commander-In-Chief, General Rasputin makes his appearance as he walked outside of the Changeling Army. After realizing how successful they were in securing most of the Crystal Empire, Rasputin started cackling in a maniacal tone.

"All right ya laddies!! This is where they Royal Family of the Crystal Empire will meet their fate." Rasputin announced to his Changeling Troops. "Since we have came a long way in helping Unicornia take over Equestria, we Changelings will do whatever it takes to feed on all love, drain them of their freedom, and to take the Crystal Empire and turn it into a lair for the Changelings to rule over. This is where we finish them off. WHO'S WITH ME?!!"

After hearing Rasputin's speech, his Changeling Warriors all hissed out of excitement as he ordered one of his Robots to break down the door leading to the throne room. In just seconds, the Changeling Mech started smashing down on the door with its huge fists.

Back inside the Crystal Palace throne room, several guard ponies were barricading the door that leads outside. Unfortunately, Cicada's Changelings have already taken over most of the city and are now preparing to storm through the palace and capture Princess Cadence and Prince Shinning Armour. "CADENCE, TAKE OUR DAUGHTER AND FIND A WAY TO ESCAPE, NOW!!!" Prince Shinning Armour said to his wife as he drew out his sword and ordered his men to form up in a spear formation.

"But Shining...." Cadence pleaded to the crystal prince.

"I'm sorry, Cadence but this is for your own good." Shinning Armour said. "The Changelings have already breached the outer walls and their Queen has already captured our crystalling pony."

Without another word, Princess Cadence fled back deep into the palace along with her daughter Flurry Heart and 15 other crystal pony guards escorting her down the hallways. As soon as Shinning Armour marches in front of the door that was about to be breached, he makes one final announcement to the rest of his surviving troops.

"Soldiers of the Crystal Empire!!! We men are warriors." Shining Armour said to his remaining platoon. "To lead you has been my honor!!!"

As soon as the rest of the Crystal pony guard and the Changeling Republic have assembled, the decided to make one final stand against the rebellious changelings. Upon hearing Shinning's speech, they all ululated their battle cry, echoing throughout the palace.

"Cicada awaits for us!!!" Shinning Armour shouted while raising his sword and his shield in a swordsmen stance. "I'd say, we make her wait a little longer!!!"

Behind Shinning Armour, his men drew out all of their weapons and prepared for the final attack. As soon as the Changelings bursted their way into the throne room, Shinning Armour and his men make one final charge against them. While most of the Crystal guards engaged the changelings with their crystal swords and their spears, the Changeling Republican soldiers started firing their crossbows and hurling their spears at their evil brethren.

"Twily, if only you were still with us..." Shining Armour thought to himself as he chopped one enemy Changeling's head off with his sword. "We might be able to turn back the tide more sooner than expected."

As three more Changeling warriors charged forward at the white male unicorn, Shinning unleashed a flurry of sword strikes at them. One Changeling attempted to thrust his spear at the prince, only for him to step out of the way and stabbed the changeling in the neck with his sword. The second changeling lashed out at the prince with his crude ax. As Shinning blocked the ax with his sword, he makes a clean horizontal slash at the changeling's legs, making him lose his balance, and killed him finishing blow, stabbing the changeling in the head. As for the third changeling warrior, he attacked the prince head on with his crude sword. However, Shinning parried against the changeling's sword and made a downward slash with his sword, gutting out the changeling's entrails. Next thing the Shinning did was kicking changeling in the face, making him fall out his back before he bled to death. After taking down 5 more changelings, Shinning Armour realizes that his men are slowly losing their ground, being outnumbered from 20 to 1. General Rasputin came out of the Changeling group and drew out his black sword before engaging Shinning Armour in a one-on-one quick draw. When Shining Armour charged forward with his sword pointing at the Changeling General, Rasputin performs a bladed stance with magic as his sword pointed downwards. As soon as Shinning Armour got closer to Rasputin, the Changeling General made a huge wide arc with his sword. Before any pony could see what was coming, Shinning Armour's sword broke in two, much to his shock and horror. The next thing Shinning Armour saw was a green magic beam coming out from Rasputin's horn and hitting the prince in the face and causing a small explosion that sent the male white unicorn flying, hitting a nearby crystal wall with the back of his head and fall on the ground unconscious. Upon seeing the Crystal Prince defeating, Rasputin made a very loud screech as he cheered all the way out to the balcony of the Crystal Palace. The moment the Changelings see their general up on the balcony, he was holding an unconscious Shinning Armor above his head with his magic.

"MY FELLOW CHANGELINGS, WE HAVE CRUSHED THE ARMY OF THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE!!!" Rasputin bellowed in a loud roar. "VICTORY IS OURS!!!!! ALL HAIL QUEEN CICADA!!!"

Upon hearing this, Rasputin's men started cheering with a very loud uproar. Below him, Rasputin sees several Crystal Ponies and guards all restrained and put under chains everywhere. Right next to the Changeling General, one of his minions brought forth the Crystal Empire Banner and tossed over the balcony, ensuring everyone that the Crystal Empire has fallen. The next thing they did was raised the banner of Cicada's Changelings up high in the throne room.

As Shinning Armor woke up, he found himself wrapped around in chains and inside a prison cage, with his horn encased with a magic seal. Before he saw what was going on, Shinning sees Rasputin staring at him with an evil smirk on his face while gloating at him over his defeat.

"Now that your city is ours, you can say goodbye to the Crystal Empire, along with your wife and child!!" Rasputin laughed as he ordered his men to take Shinning Armor to the prison camp outside of his beloved city. "Take him to the prison camp."

"You'll regret this someday, Changeling Insurgent Scum, I swear!!!" Shinning Armor snarled as turned to face the Crystal Empire one last time before it disappeared from his sights.

During their trek to the Prison Camp, Shinning sees his mother and father in another prison cage adjacent from where he was. Then again, Twilight Velvet and Night Light are both wrapped around in chains, with their horns encased with magic seals. Upon seeing his family captured, Shinning could not help but worry of what will ever become of his entire family, now that they've been defeated.


"That was most horrible day of my life, Twiley." Shinning said while holding Princess Cadence by his side. "Well, I was grateful that you were able to find me and our parents after that. If you hadn't, I thought for sure that our family will never recover after suffering from so many tragic events, ranging from your death to forced slavery."

"Thanks, BBBFF." Twilight said as she smiled at her elder brother. "I never thought that they would hurl a huge bomb to take out Cadence's shield in one go."

"They did say that the bomb was fused with unstable green explosive crystals and combined into one huge torpedo." Shinning said specifically.

"Also, I didn't think that one of Celestia's teachers from her school would help Mystic gain the confidence that she needs to face her problems when the civil war began." Twilight said summarizing her little sister's story.

"Well, now that Mystic finally came back, she decided to stay in the Castle of Friendship along with you and your friends." Shinning Armor continued.

Author's Note:

About the side story of Mystic Sparkle, this takes place after "Other Daughter" from Aftermath of the Fallen Star. However, this is only done through my personal perspective. So, because R-RATED Ponystar didn't discuss on where will Mystic be running off to yet, try not to take this seriously; this is just a guess that came out of my head, for now.