• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,242 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,242

Saving the Animals

During the impeding attack upon Ponyville, Fluttershy unfurled her wings and flew away from the destruction in the town. The moment she reached to her cottage, the yellow pegasus bursted through the doors in a total panic. Upon seeing Fluttershy coming through the door in complete surprise, most of the animals were startled by such immediate action. On Fluttershy's couch, a draconneques named Discord, the living spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, was fast asleep and counting sheep. Unfortunately, when his mare-friend Fluttershy, who is also his "Best Friend For Eternity Times Two," bursted through the doors of her cottage, Discord woke up and fell flat on the floor, completely surprised and caught off guard. The moment Discord got up, he sees all of the animals completely startled when seeing Fluttershy bursted into the room, sweating and panting nervously, and turning pale.

"F-Fluttershy??? W-What the hell happened to you??" Discord asked, worried about his friend's reaction. "Your face seems totally pale. A-Are you okay?!"

"There's no time, Discord!!!" Fluttershy said while freaking out. "Some invaders on board unknown airships just appeared out of nowhere and started bombarding Ponyville. The next thing I saw is that an army of unidentified soldiers started dropping in from the sky and unleashing Tartarus upon us!!!"

"W-Wait, WHAT???!!!!" Discord shrieked. "Are you trying to tell me that Ponyville is under attack??!! BY WHO???"

"I don't know how to explain that, Discord." Fluttershy replied while trembling in fear. "Right now, we need to get these animals out of here before they catch up to us. After that, we need to warn Zecora of this impeding attack!!!"

"O-Okay!!!" Discord acknowledged, while shaken from Fluttershy's freaked out behavior.

The yellow pegasus and the draconneques helped unlock all the bird cages, open up the chicken coops, and let every animal in outside of their cottage run away into the Everfree Forest. For Harry the bear, and Angel, Fluttershy's pet bunny, they refused to leave Fluttershy's cottage, not understanding what is really going on out there. After Fluttershy released all of the birds, she saw the bear and the bunny just standing there dumbfounded.

"Angel, you have to leave this place at once!!" Fluttershy ordered her rabbit, despite its protesting. "Look at Ponyville, something is attack our village right now and if you stay here, you won't be able to live in your home anymore."

Upon hearing what Fluttershy had to say, Angel's eyes widen with disbelief and shock. Before Fluttershy could say anymore, her bunny started cling onto her leg, as if he doesn't want to leave the yellow pegasus alone.

"ANGEL, THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!" Fluttershy shouted at the top of her lungs, as tears started to come out of her eyes. "I already lost my friend Twilight; however, I do not wish to lose another friend, whether they're helpless animals or my fellow ponies. This is were you have to learn how to fend for yourself when I'm gone, okay?!!"

As the bunny continued to hear what Fluttershy had to say, the bunny started crying into believing that Angel will never see his per owner again. Before Fluttershy knew what was happening, the bunny was wailing very loud as if he's telling her that he doesn't want to go. However, Fluttershy kept pressing him to leave this place by giving him "The Stare."

"Listen Angel, where I go, you cannot follow; one day you'll understand. However, try not to worry about me. As long as I have Discord to help me fend off from whatever madness is unfolding before my very eyes, I will find you once this is all over!!!" Fluttershy said as she kissed Angel on the head before turning her face her bear friend. "Harry, you look after Angel from now on."

Upon hearing Flutteshy's request, the bear grunted with a positive response and grabbed the little bunny with his bear paws before running off with the other animals into the Everfree Forest. As soon as all of Fluttershy's animal friends are gone, she and Discord heard screaming and shouting coming from the direction of where Ponyville is at. When Fluttershy turned around to see what Discord is seeing, her eyes widen with fear as a battalion of enemy troops are marching towards her cottage from a distance away, leaving behind a burning Ponyville.

"Fluttershy, let's go!!!" Discord shouted in a panic tone as he snapped his claws to teleport himself and the yellow pegasus into a separate area of the Everfree Forest. "Who are they?! And want to those guys want??"

"Well for one time, they don't look like that they're here for a welcoming party." Fluttershy explained to the draconneques. "The moment they arrived above Ponyville, they just had to start firing upon us!!! I don't really know what's going on here, either. But whatever it is, I don't even want to know. Let's go find Zecora and find a safe place to hide before they find us."


Right after the yellow pegasus and the draconneques disappeared into the woods of the Everfree Forest, Vermillion and his men appeared at the entrance of Fluttershy's Cottage. As the red-orange unicorn reached up to the door of the cottage, he knocked on it several times before making his announcement to notify Fluttershy of his presence.

"Fluttershy, we know you're in there!!!" Vermillion bellowed while speaking through his megaphone. "Come on out with your hooves up!!!!"

After waiting for a minute or two, Vermillion got pretty impatient. The next thing he did was that he knocked down the door with both of his hind hooves, allowing his men to charge into the cottage to find the yellow pegasus. Unfortunately, despite how much tables, beds, and wardrobes were flipped over, they were unable to find Fluttershy. One of Vermillion's guards came back to report to him of their immediate findings.

"She's not here, sir!" One of Vermillion's guards spoke as he saluted him. "Fluttershy must've got away before we even came here."

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE YOU FOOLS!!!" Vermillion shouted at the top of his lungs. "We may have taken over Ponyville for Queen Majesty to setup shop. But we didn't capture every pony in the area yet. DOUBLE YOUR SEARCHES!!! The Element Bearers of Harmony must be found immediately. They're considered to be just as threatening as that purple alicorn harlot!!! FIND THEM AND LOOK EVERYWHERE."

Upon heeding Vermillion's orders, his guards spread out all over outside of Fluttershy's cottage to find the Element bearer of Kindness. As for Vermillion, he received a report from another guard that Queen Majesty has just arrived, along with a Royal Unicornian Escort. Upon hearing this report, Vermillion left the cottage to help Majesty secure the Town Hall.


Somewhere in the Everfree Forest, Fluttershy and Discord stopped by at a nearby river to rest up and take a breather after making a run for it after Unicornia invaded Ponyville. After the pegasus and the draconneques drank some water and ate some nearby berries and fruit for one hour, Fluttershy received word from a nearby tree squirrel that the invaders have taken over Ponyville, capturing most of the survivors and put them all to slavery by the order of their alicorn Queen. When Fluttershy asked her squirrel friends the whereabouts of the other Element Bearers of Harmony, they all ran off to other places, taking their families along with them.

"Oh dear, this had to be the worst attack upon Ponyville I've ever experienced. I just hope the others are alright because I don't think I can face those invaders alone." Fluttershy muttered to herself before moving on with Discord.

"So Flutteshy, do you think your Zebra friend is still in her hut?" Discord asked as he scratched his chin.

"One can only hope, Discord." Fluttershy replied. "We still have to move on, before they find us in the Everfree Forest."

"I understand." Discord acknowledged as he and Fluttershy made their way back into the forest to find Zecora.

As they made their trek in the Everfree Forest, Discord and Fluttershy spotted several Unicornian patrols all over the swamps outside of the forest. Without further a due, they both hid behind the bushes as they snuck around through the trees in the swamp, evading the guards as much as possible. When one of the guards took a detour, Flutteshy snuck up from behind, grabbed his neck with both of her hooves, and broke it with just one twist. After the guard fell on the ground, dead, Fluttershy picked up his spear before she and Discord went back into hiding. In just several minutes of evading enemy patrols in the Everfree Forest, Discord and Fluttershy finally found Zecora's hut. Unfortunately, the moment they both got closer, they see the entire hut bombarded with spells. There was burnt wood all over the hut and inside, most of the potions, medicines, and books were missing from plain sight. Zecora's cauldron was tipped over and completely empty of all liquid contents. Worst of all Zecora was nowhere to be found. Before the pegasus and the draconneques could leave, they see a small note lying on the floor in Zecora's hut. As Fluttershy picked up the note, her eyes widened with shock.

To all who read this note, begone I will be. From the power of the Cauldron, a terrible tragedy of violence will unfold. Soon, it'll shift the earth into a living Tartarus. Waste no time I shall. Head down to a secret hideout in the mountains of Unicorn Range, I will. When thine will come to raid, I'll pack up for the long trip up west away from the Everfree Forest and Cloudsdale. So, please forgive thine disappearance.

"So Fluttershy, are we still going to find Zecora?" Discord asked.

"Yes, we have to before they do." Fluttershy said with determination. "Being caught up in an invasion can be really scary, but I don't not wish to let them do to my other friends what they did to Twilight. I'm sure Twilight is still watching us from above. If we fail her legacy of protecting our friends, we'll fail all of Equestria. Let's move out, Discord!!!"

Before Fluttershy could leave the hut, she started to have a sudden shock affecting her mind in an instant. Just when Discord was about to ask Fluttershy what is she up to, the yellow pegasus immediately came up with another revelation.

"OH NO, MY PARENTS AND MY BROTHER!!! I HAVE TO WARN THEM BEFORE THEY FIND THEM!!!" Fluttershy shrieked loudly to herself. "I think they're all in danger too."

Upon hearing what Fluttershy just said, Discord snapped his fingers and teleported themselves away from the Everfree Forest all the way to Cloudsdale without asking any more questions. In an instant, they reached Cloudsdale to find the city's emergency evacuation protocols go underway.