• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,242 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,242

When the stars fall

"So Starlight, how come you didn't wait for Trixie to help you rescue Sunburst from Queen Cicada?" Twilight asked her student who is standing across her.

"I was in a total panic after seeing smoke coming from the Crystal Empire." Starlight said briefly, still shaken after her experience when first facing Cicada in battle. "Well, I still have to start from the top first. It started off when........."

As Starlight explains her story to Twilight and the rest of the group, the entire screen turns white.


After trying to figure out on how to recreate the time travel spell for 6 years, Starlight Glimmer wasn't as successful in doing so like last time. It was always been the worse for the wear. Ever since she became Twilight's student in Ponyville, after their fierce rivalry, Starlight was able to find happiness for she was reunited with her one and only childhood friend, Sunburst the Crystallier of the Crystal Empire. Although she was able to find friendship with Twilight's help, Starlight's friendship with Twilight ended horribly after learning about how the evil, corrupted nobles put her out of her misery. After going to the funeral of Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer vowed to avenge her mentor by going back in time and stop her killers from getting to her. Unfortunately, before Starlight could do anymore back at her house in the Village of Former Equals, the female unicorn heard some shouting and explosions coming from outside. As soon as Starlight went outside to investigate, her eyes widened with horror.

Upon seeing whats going on outside of her house, Starlight sees enemy Changelings wreaking havoc on her village friends, capturing them on sight and burning their houses to the ground. Not wanting to stand around, Starlight charged forward and lit up her horn with her magic. However, before Starlight was able to use her magic on the invading Changelings, some huge robot landed right behind her in an instant.

Before Starlight had a chance to turn around, she was met with a tazer spell that was used by one of the Changelings from behind. In less than a second, Starlight collapsed onto the ground after getting zapped and lost conscious for a couple of minutes. As soon as she woke up, Starlight found herself pinned to the ground by some foot belonging to a giant robot that was on top of her.

"ARGH!!!" Starlight grunted in pain, unable to get up. "What in the name of Celestia is going on here??"

Not a moment too soon, Starlight heard an evil cackle coming from the sky. As soon as the robot grabbed Starlight and lifted her up in its gauntlets, the unicorn sees an elderly female changeling who goes by the name Queen Cicada of the Changelings.

"Hello, Starlight Glimmer!!" Cicada hissed out of excitement. "Remember me, I was the one who showed up with Amadeus at Twilight's grave."

"Cicada??" Starlight said out of fright. "What are you doing here?"

"You're going to help me when I take over the Crystal Empire!!" Cicada smirked. "I know you're in love with Sunburst!!"

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, CICADA!!!" Starlight angrily snapped. "If you dare lay a hoof on him, I'm going to......"

Before Starlight could say anymore, the robot smashed Starlight's face to the ground, pressurizing her back, making her lose consciousness again. After rounding up all of the ponies residing in Starlight's village, Cicada orders her changelings to have them serve under her as their personal slaves for her Changeling Army. As soon as she woke up again, Starlight finds herself locked up inside a cage, completely tied up with her horn encased with a magic seal. The next thing she knew is that Starlight hears Cicada makes her diabolical plan to use the pale-purple unicorn as bait.

"Equestria. Let's go back to war and violence!" Cicada hissed before one of the ponies being restrained started shitting himself out of fear. "I'm so bored with peace and SILENCE!!!"

Frightened by Cicada's speech, the ponies started cowering before the Changeling Queen unable to do anything. In just less than a minute, Cicada continues with her speech towards her Changeling Subjects.

Nights of Evil, filled with fear
Your worst dreams, that's my idea of fun!
Let darkness find its sad ways;
Let's go back to good old bad days
No more foolish acts of love
Cadence and her empire will be mine!!

Years from now, no pony will bother
To recall your good Princess Cadence
Because the Crystal Empire will be mine!!!
THIS WILL ALL BE MINE!!!

Within the Crystal Wastelands, my Changelings will all hide
They all seek shelter as Cadence's shield raises up high.
Now watch me summon forth my robotic army with pride.

Right next to Cicada, one of her subjects brought forth a huge crate, along with a green crystal filled with dark magic. At the same time, the huge crate opened up from all sides, revealing a 25ft Mech that has huge gauntlets, a missile launcher, and dual venom throwers attached to its gauntlets. As Cicada grabbed the green crystal with her magic, she continues with her speech.

With this Crystal, I brought from Felhand
I insert it into this robot's reactor core on its back
Making it activate to its fullest
And watch as it turns into a living weapon
That I can us at will!
Now this robot can KILL!!!

After Cicada inserted the green crystal into the robot's back, it started powering up. In just seconds, the robot started lighting up in a ominous light-green aura. As it stood up on its two feet, the Changelings were getting totally excited in testing out their new weaponry on their enemies, while the ponies were staring at it with horror in their eyes. For Starlight Glimmer, she felt a frightening chill crawling up her spine, shivering in fear of what those huge things could do to the other ponies of Equestria.

"TA DA!!! BEHOLD!! THE CHANGELING JUGGERNAUT!!!" Cicada said as she shouted out of excitement. "All right my subjects, time to pack up and get ready for battle at the Crystal Empire. We will be attacking that city in 8 days!!! Now let's move!!!"

Upon hearing Cicada's orders, her changelings hauled most of the inhabitants in Starlight's village before moving on. During their raid, they looted most of the houses, except one. After they're done, Cicada's changelings and their Juggernauts started marching towards the north, to the Crystal Wastelands. Two days later, during their trek, Cicada received a message from Black Scythe, requesting for her to send some of her changelings to help conquer Los Pegasus and Vanhoover. Without hesitation, Cicada sent 2 battalions of Changelings to Vanhoover, while she leads the third battalion to help Black Scythe conquer Los Pegasus. Before she left, Cicada ordered her commander, General Rasputin, to lead the skirmish upon the train station near the Crystal Empire, have them cornered in their city, and wait until the Changeling Queen returns from her campaign before pressing their attack on the Crystal Empire from above.

After Rasputin's battalion pushed the Crystal Empire Guard back into their city, Rasputin ordered the rest of his men to establish camp onto of one of the Crystal Mountains, 500 miles away from the Crystal Empire. While the Changelings started laughing about their victory in the future, Starlight finds herself sulking inside her cage not knowing what to do anymore. When Starlight witnessed such horrifying power that Cicada was showing just recently, something is telling her that Sunburst and the rest of the citizens of the Crystal Empire will not stand a chance against the Changeling Queen's might.

Five days later, just when Starlight is about to lose hope in saving the Empire and her colt-friend, her great and powerful friend, Trixie Lulamoon appeared out of nowhere and unlocked the cage that she was in. Feeling a bit relieved that Trixie came for her, they both hugged in each other's hooves before sneaking away from Rasputin's camp site. The moment they left the enemy campsite, Trixie and Starlight fled into one of the Crystal Caves. During the night inside their cave, Starlight was wondering on how will they ever save Equestria from those Changeling Insurgents and the Unicornians.

"Trixie, I hope we'll be able to make it to the Crystal Empire in time." Starlight said, concerning for the safety of her colt-friend. "I can't stand around for long."

"Why not?" Trixie asked as her eyes widened with curiosity.

"Cicada and her Changelings have just unleashed a mechanical doomsday weapon that will bring all of the Crystal Empire to its knees!!" Starlight explained in fear. "I have to warn Sunburst before its too late."

"Well, we still need to rest up until morning, Starlight!!" Trixie suggested to her unicorn friend. "It's been a very rough, exhausting day."

Before Starlight could say anything, Trixie started catching some Z's while falling asleep. Despite this, Starlight went outside of the cave and looked up to the night sky, praying for Sunburst's safety. In just seconds, Starlight collapsed into a couple of hours of sleep.

Early in the morning, Starlight got up before Trixie did and made her way out of the caves to investigate out into the horizon of the Crystal Wastelands. When Starlight snuck around the enemy encampment, it was completely empty. However, as she moved on, Starlight spotted Cicada's main force preparing to attack the Crystal Empire from above. The next thing the unicorn saw was that Cicada's subjects were carrying some sort of Green Crystalized Bomb in the air. As soon as they released the bomb onto the huge shield barrier around the Crystal Empire, it exploded in mid-air and unleashed a barrage of green crystalized missiles that penetrated the shield and struck at the city causing multiple explosions everywhere. Upon seeing this horror unfold, Starlight uses her levitation spell to head to the Crystal Empire immediately, not waiting for Trixie to wake up until the last minute. As soon as she teleported herself into the Crystal Empire, Starlight sees the Changelings already attacking the citizens and the guards on sight, overwhelming them in less than a few minutes.

"Sunburst, please hang on!!! I'm coming!!!" Starlight muttered to herself as she used her magic to tear her way through the Changelings within the Crystal Empire.

In an instant, a magical surge started surrounding Starlight Glimmer as she charged through the ranks of the Changelings. Before any of the Changelings could react, Starlight bashed them away from her with her magic. Up in front, a Changeling Juggernaut appeared before her and fired a couple of missiles at Starlight. However, the pale unicorn reacted by raising her shield up high, blocking the Juggernaut's missiles. The next thing Starlight did was hurl a huge piece of rubble from one of the wrecked Crystal Houses and smashed the Juggernaut right on top of it. Upon impact, the Juggernaut exploded after getting crushed by the rubble's mass. Two more Changelings charged forward at Starlight only for her to unleash a flashing spell that blinded both of them temporarily. While the Changelings were stunned by Starlight's spell, she smashed both of them with a long piece of rubble, breaking both of them ribs in an instant.

As Starlight proceeded down to the place where Sunburst's house is, more changelings appeared from behind her and started firing their magic at the pale-purple unicorn. Without further a due, Starlight casted another shield spell that protected her from getting shot at in the back. The moment Starlight skidded to a halt, she unleashed a powerful beam of magic that decapitated three changelings in two, separating their legs from their bodies before they all fell dead on the crystal pavement. As for the rest of the Changelings that were chasing her, Starlight shoot out a flash bang spell that incapacitated them. In an instant, they all lost their eye sights and blindly crashed into several crystal buildings upon losing their flight pattern. Despite Starlight fighting her way through the war-torn Crystal Empire, she still couldn't think about what would happened if Cicada's minions find Sunburst before she would.

"SUNBURST, WHERE ARE YOU???" Starlight screamed as she ran with her life on the line.

As Starlight kept on running, she sees the changelings storm through several Crystal Houses and rounded up all of the Crystal Pony residents in each and every one of them. Unable to run for a moment, Starlight hid in the alleyways to take a breather.

"If only Twilight Sparkle was still here." Starlight said as she cried while holding up a picture of her and Twilight with Twilight's Castle behind them.

Suddenly on the other side of the alleyway, Starlight heard a scream coming from a male unicorn. By the time she went to see where was the sound coming from, her eyes widen with horror. It was an orange unicorn with glasses and a orange mane and tail named Sunburst.

"N-NO!!! PLEASE, STAY AWAY!!! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!!!" Sunburst shrieked as he tried to make a run for it.

Behind the orange male unicorn, his house was already caught on fire, with a huge hole on top of its roofs. From inside the house, three Changelings came out and continued to chase down Sunburst in the Crystal Town Square. Before Starlight could save Sunburst, she sees a huge Changeling appear from above the sky and landed right in front of the orange male unicorn; it was Queen Cicada. Without moving a muscle, Cicada used her magic to restrain the orange unicorn. Before Sunburst had a chance to do anything, Cicada casted a sleeping spell on him, making him lose consciousness. As soon as Sunburst went out cold, Cicada ordered her minions to put him in chains. At the same time, one of Cicada's subjects came up to her to announce a full report for their victory.

"My Queen, we secured the Crystal Palace and the Crystal Heart." One of her Changeling Guards reported. "What are your orders?"

"Take the Crystal Prince to the concentration camps south of here, make sure the crystal heart is stored in a secured area, and lock up the Crystal Princess." Queen Cicada ordered her men. "And you, Sunburst, you will be my butler for the rest of your life. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

"NOT SO FAST!!!" Starlight screamed. "Give me back my Sunburst."

"You wish." Cicada cackled. "This is my Kingdom now!! MY KINGDOM!!!!"

Without warning, Starlight charged at Cicada, unleashing her magic upon her.

"You can't take away Sunburst from me." Starlight snarled. "It's already been over ten years since I last saw him. I am not going lose him again."

"TRY ME, IF YOU DARE!!!" Cicada hissed as she shoot out her magic at Starlight Glimmer. "I like you see you get him back by force!!!"

Cicada unleashed a barrage of green magic missiles at Starlight only for her to use a shield spell to block every one of Cicada's attacks. Upon impact, the missiles exploded outside of Starlight's shield. However, every time Starlight's shield wards off the missiles, she gets pushed back every single second. Before she knew it, Starlight's shield disappeared after the 10th blast from Cicada's missiles. During the magic duel, the rest of Cicada's changelings moved away and waited at the sidelines to see who will be the winner. In retaliation, Starlight lunged at Cicada with her magic, only for the Changeling Queen to cast a green shield spell and shoved the pale-purple unicorn away from her. When Starlight landed on all four hooves, after getting shoved away from Cicada, she shoots out a lighting bolt spell from her horn only for Cicada to block it with her battle axe. As soon as the lighting bolt dissipated, Cicada charged straight at Starlight Glimmer and attempted to hack her with a vertical chop. In less than a second, Starlight teleported herself away from Cicada, letting the axe slam into the crystal pavement. Upon impact, Cicada's axe got stuck. Unable to pull the axe free, Cicada left it right where it was and fired several more magic missiles at Starlight Glimmer. As Starlight used her levitation spell, she flew up into the sky and fired a laser beam of magic, destroying several missiles heading straight for her and then casted a flare spell, redirecting the rest of the missiles away from their designated target. The moment Starlight landed on all four hooves, she charged up her horn with her magic and aimed it directly at Queen Cicada. At the same time, Cicada charged up her magic and aimed it at Starlight Glimmer. As a result both of the unicorn's and Changeling Queen's magic slammed into each other and attempted to shove their spells at their target.

As Cicada's magic and Starlight's magic clashed into each other, Starlight slowly is losing her ground against the Changeling Queen. Despite her efforts, Cicada's magic got closer and closer to where Starlight was standing at. Suddenly, Starlight's eyes widen with horror as Cicada's magic exploded upon her face, sending her slamming to a wall of a nearby Crystal Building. The unicorn collapsed on the Crystal floor. Just as soon as Starlight was about to get up, she started coughing up blood from her mouth. The next thing she knew, Starlight's vision was getting blurry and disoriented before her world went black.

"Foolish little unicorn." Queen Cicada jeered. "It's been fun doing a challenge on the battlefield. However, you cannot hope to defeat me. For I am the last living heir of Queen Chrysalis and I am dedicated to lead the Changelings to their natural born glory!!!! Thanks to the forces of Unicornia, I will see to it that the Changeling Republic pipsqueaks will tremble before me!!!"

In just moments later, Cicada used her magic to lift up the unconscious female unicorn. However, before she can drain Starlight of her magic and her love, another unicorn appeared from the shadows. It was Trixie Lulamoon.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!" Trixie yelled as she used her magic to blast her way through Cicada's Changelings. "You're not taking Trixie's best friend away from her!!!"

Before Cicada and her changelings can do anything, Trixie blasted Cicada in the face with her magic, making her lose her grip around Starlight. As Trixie lifted an unconscious Starlight Glimmer with her magic, she hurls a smoke bomb at Cicada's feet. When the smoke disappeared, Trixie and Starlight both vanished without a trace.

"Damn, that unicorn. They both got away." Queen Cicada muttered to herself. "But no matter, they do realize that they can't hope to save this city anymore. I rule the Crystal Empire now! MEEEEEEEE!!!!!"


As Cicada and her changelings took over the entire Crystal Empire, her laughter can be heard from a mile away. About 100 miles away from the Empire, Trixie and Starlight appeared in a nearby forest somewhere in Neighagra Falls. After Trixie brought an injured and unconscious Starlight underneath a nearby tree, she used the medical supplies that she retrieved from Starlight's village to treat her friend and assistant of her recent injuries. As soon as she was done, Trixie wait for several hours until Starlight woke up. The moment she woke up, Starlight feels her entire body hurting from the inside after her fight with Queen Cicada. As she tried to get up, Trixie was hold Starlight by her shoulders.

"Take it easy, Starlight." Trixie said in a worried tone. "Trixie just finished treating you of your injuries."

As Starlight slowly got up, she felt her body wracking with internal pain and internal bleeding. The next thing she knew, the pale-purple unicorn had a body cast bandaged all over her coat. After realizing her recent failure of saving Sunburst, tears started to come out of Starlight's eyes. Before Trixie could see what was happening to her best friend and assistant, Starlight Glimmer started breaking down in tears, wailing and sobbing on the ground right in front of her.

"Oh, Sunburst. I'm so sorry!!!" Starlight Glimmer cried as she felt Trixie embracing her in her hooves.

After several minutes of crying, Starlight felt Trixie patting on her shoulders with her hooves out of comfort and sympathy.

"Don't worry Starlight, the Great and Powerful Trixie is sure that someday we'll find a way to retake the Crystal Empire." Trixie said as she sympathized the sad unicorn. "Well, right now we need to find a safe place to hide until we can get help."

"Okay, I understand." Starlight said as she let tears come out of her eyes while looking down in shame.

As Starlight was done sobbing, she and Trixie made their way down south in order to find a place to hide at, in hopes of avoiding the Unicornians and Cicada's Changelings. After they made their way past Foal Mountains and into the Rambling Rock Ridge, in just one month later, they were met by a group of unidentified bandits. The bandits happened to be a group of minotaurs, griffons, and dragons. Before Trixie and Starlight could do anything, the bandits heard a familiar voice ordering them to stand down. As soon as the bandits backed away from the two female unicorns, one teenage dragon with purple scales and green spikes appeared from the group and gave them a surprising look on his face before he could say anything.

"Starlight! Trixie!! It's been awhile since I've seen you two." The teenage dragon spoke in a calm tone. "Did you guys miss me??"

"W-Who are you??" Starlight asked, unable to recognize the teenage dragon staring down on her and Trixie.

"Don't you remember me? I was the adopted son of Princess Twilight Sparkle!!" The teenage dragon spoke, continuing his conversation with the two confused unicorns.

After a long minute of pause, Starlight's and Trixie's eyes widened with shock, realizing that the very same dragon that was once their friend would actually appear before them a lot more bigger and more ruthless looking. Yet, the teenage dragon still recognizes them as friends of his deceased mother.

"SPIKE???!!!!!" Starlight gasped in shock. "I-Is that really you???"

"Yes, its me, Starlight." Spike responded with a small smile on his face.

"W-What happened to you??" Trixie said as she gasped in surprise.

"It's a long story guys." Spike said. "Follow me guys. I've made camp in the Rambling Rock Ridge."

As Spike, his followers, Trixie, and Starlight made their way towards their hideout, Starlight couldn't believe that Spike would actually return after 6 years of his disappearance. She might have felt relieved about the young dragon's return, but it doesn't change the fact that Equestria is still at stake. Hopefully with the help of Spike and his followers, Starlight might be able to find a way to save Equestria, despite everything that happened over the past couple of days during the civil war.


"I guess you could say that I wasn't thinking properly on how to save Sunburst from Cicada." Starlight said in frustration. "Well, now that Cicada is dead and the Crystal Empire is restored, I'll never abandon Sunburst ever again."

Before she knew it, Sunbust came up to Starlight and embraced her in his hooves out of relief.

"I was thinking about rescuing Sunburst with the help of the Red Lightings Guild, the Changeling Republic, and with the remaining Element Bearers of Harmony. However, we need to rescue one of the Alicorn Princesses of Equestria before we can do anything else." Starlight said trying to get to the point.

"You mean, Princess Luna?" Twilight asked Starlight as her eyes widened with concern over the night princess.

"Yes, my dear Twilight." Celestia responded, answering her star student's question. "Before that, it was after the third attack on Canterlot that me and my sister were forced to surrender. Though, it wasn't before I was forced to see my loyal subjects face the most gruesome torture after they have taken Canterlot from us."