• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,242 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,242

The Young Dragon Returns

"I thought for sure that thanks to Cadence's shield barrier, they won't be able to breach the defenses of the Crystal Empire." Shinning said, out of relief for one minute before sweating in fear for his remaining family. "But we didn't think that the Cicada's changelings would drop off a bomb that allowed them to continue their attack upon the crystal ponies."

"What kind of bomb it was that they dropped on your doorstep?" Twilight asked out of concern for her brother's city.

"We'll get to that later, mom. I haven't explained what I did before Unicornia attacked Equestria." Spike said before explaining his story.

"Now that you mentioned it, I still haven't figured our what happened to you during the time that I was gone." Twilight told her adopted dragon son. "Where were you back then? They told me that you ran away from Equestria. Why?

"I wasn't strong enough to protect you from those insensitive assholes back then, mom." Spike explained briefly. "So, I went to the Erebus Islands to get stronger. You probably wouldn't understand just by looking at me, but I joined the Red Lightings Guild to start a new life and to make sure that I'm ready to face the enemies of Equestria."


In the past 15 years.....

After being in the Red Lightings Guild and being trained under the tutelage of Grand Master Marc for 6 years, Spike has became fully adapted to living in the Erebus Islands. Throughout his life in this lawless country, Spike did his best not to attract any attention from the Masks of Mordum. At first, they doubted Spike of his intentions of joining the Red Lightings, the green young dragon was able to prove himself otherwise by helping one of their comrades, a female griffon named Aqualina, escape from a ship that was full of captive slaves. As a result, the slave ship combusted into a fiery explosion thanks to one of Spike's fire teleporting spells. Upon hearing of his immediate bravery, Marc finally let Spike join his guild. During the time he spent in the Guild, Spike also did his best to cover up all expenses paid from Marc by working at Aqualina's Uncle's Inn as a chef. Spike was able to live a good life with the Red Lightings, he didn't just see them as his comrades or friends, he saw them as a whole new family that does everything in their power to survive in the unforgivable islands of Erebus. As time went on, Spike was able to help fix up most of Erebus with everything he's got. At went well, until the civil war began back in Equestria.

After hearing about the attack on Canterlot, Spike wishes to return to Equestria to help his other friends, the Mane 5, in any way possible. The one true friend that worried Spike the most is the unicorn fashionista named Rarity. Despite his time with the Red Lightings Guild, Spike still could not stop thinking about his mare-friend Rarity back at Ponyville. As he prepared himself to make the return trip back to Equestria, Spike started crying from the inside. He also feared that Rarity may not recognize him after being gone for so long. He was also crying from the inside when his adopted mother, Princess Twilight Sparkle, was killed in her sleep by a group of traitorous nobles. Because Twilight wished for a democracy to spread Friendship and Harmony over all of Equestria, Spike always wanted to believe that he and his mother can help every pony and creature live in peace, despite all oddities against one another. Unfortunately, about 20 nobles families, including the Blueblood Family, are not taking Twilight's Democracy seriously, for they feared that by doing so, their power could get taken away and will lead to the doom of Equestria.

However, even with Twilight gone, Spike still wanted to get stronger first before he can face those traitorous bigots in Equestria, by any means necessary. However, before he was able to get onboard the ship heading straight for Equestria, Aquilina informed him some even more terrible news. Grand Master Marc is suffering from an unknown case of cancer and is asking Spike to take over his Guild before passing away. Upon hearing this, Spike was getting caught up in between two decisions: Returning to Equestria or stay behind to take care of the Red Lightings Guild. After giving it some thought, Aquilina suggested Spike to lead the guild during the Equestrian Civil War. Not a moment too soon, Spike, eventually, agreed with Aquilina's decision. So, Spike ordered the guild members to help him load up their ship before heading out. As soon as they're done, Marc went onboard a second ship and ordered Spike and his members to load it up with boxes of dynamite, and barrels filled with gun powder. After they done, Spike bid farewell to Erebus and ordered his comrades to set sail and plot a course to Baltimare. During their voyage, Spike received a message from Princess Celestia about what they're going to be up against. After learning about how the Blueblood Family is leading the armies of Unicornia at their doorstep, Spike makes a vow to himself to find the Mane 5, so that they can help him rid Equestria of the Blueblood's tyranny over the country.

Two days later, upon arriving at the seas near Baltimare, Spike sees a fleet of Unicornian Ships opening fire upon the city. The next thing Spike saw was the ships unloading thousands of troops to sweep the area of any resistance, starting at the Baltimare Docks. Before Spike and his fellow Guild members could proceed any further, Marc makes his last stand at port. Upon seeing Marc sacrifice himself to take down one of the Unicornian vessels, Spike slips right past the distracted enemy fleet before making a landing at a nearby beach that is 500 miles away from the Baltimare Docks. As soon as they're done unloading, Spike and the Guild make camp nearby Horseshoe Bay. During the night at camp, Spike and Aqualina decided to pay their respects to their recently deceased Grand Master Marc. If it weren't for that old blue dragon, Spike will never survive in Erebus at all. As for Pewee, Spike's phoenix familiar, he was sent to scout ahead for any dangers that may stand in the way of Spike and the Red Lighting Guild.

Next Morning, Pewee came back to report to Spike that several patrols of Unicornian soldiers are scouring all over the Everfree Forest. Ponyville has been taken over by Majesty Blueblood and her men, capturing and enslaving the entire populace there. However, the remaining Element Bearers of Harmony are all scattered across the entire country and are being hunted down by Majesty's forces. A large group of militia ponies are being poised to defend Appleloosa. East of Appleloosa, most of its citizens have evacuated and laid low at Dodge City. In Pewee's claws, he was holding onto the latest newspaper from the Foal Free Press. Upon reading it, Spike concluded that those nasty nobles are letting Majesty Blueblood lead the Armies of Unicornian to conquer the rest of the cities in Equestria. When Spike read to the part where they broke through the first line of Canterlot's defenses, his anger started to brew from the inside before Aquilina came up to him to snap him out of his anger.

"Spike, are you feeling okay?!" Aquilina asked. "Look, I know how you feel after losing your mother. But its still not the end of the world, ya know. It won't matter what your enemies will throw at us, we'll still prevail, right?"

"Aquilina, you have no idea how hurt I was when those bastards took my mother away from me." Spike grunting in disgust. "On the day that I was born, I too was being discriminated against in Canterlot!! That city is where all of this tragedy, horror, and loathing between them and me and my mother all began!!! Ever since they killed her, I vowed to get revenge on the ponies that treated my mother like an outcast. Not that it had anything to do with the rest of my other family and Twilight's friends. However, I did not want to see them until I can prove to them that I can fend for myself first before helping them fight and win our country back. It's been too long that I went into my self-imposed exile."

After hearing what Spike just said, Aquilina only wished that she could take a stand against her vile father, as well as saving her mother from her dreadful fate back at Erebus. Now that its too late, Aqualina had no choice but to move on, with getting support by her one and only Uncle Rupert.

"Now that you mentioned it, do you really wish to fight for change over Equestria or just to avenge your mother?" Aquilina asked. "Because it sounded like that you wanted revenge after leaving Equestria for so long."

"That's because I wanted revenge on the Bluebloods." Spike answered while growling to himself in anger. "Ever since my mother was under the tutelage of Princess Celestia, she already had a difficult life even before she became an alicorn princess of Equestria. There was one noble that I wanted to burn alive the most. His name was Amadeus Blueblood and he was the real reason why my mother couldn't win most of the Equestrian nobles, the way she won over her past enemies and rivals. I'LL NEVER FORGIVE THAT HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!!"

After hearing what Spike said out loud, Aquilina finally understood why Spike ran away from home. When she first met Spike, Aquilina couldn't really think that he would be that stubborn and stupid enough to join her guild in the first place. However, after he rescued her from being enslaved again at Erebrus, the female griffon finally given Spike the respect he deserved when joining the Red Lightings Guild. Since she and Spike have already came along way, it may be the time for Spike to rise up and strike back at his mother's enemies.

"So, what are we going to start on, Spike?" Aquilina asked, trying to see what they're going to do first.

"Well, we'll make our way past Dodge City through Hayseed Swamps and setup a secret base in the Rambling Rock Ridge." Spike announced the first step in saving Equestria. "There, we'll start searching for intel on the whereabouts of Applejack and the others, before going after the Bluebloods and their cronies."

Upon hearing what Spike said, they proceeded forward ambushing any Unicornian patrols along the Swamps. In the Red Lightings Guild, Spike has a group of Minotaurs, Griffons, and Ponies fighting for him, all armed with handguns, battle axes, Pirate Swords, and Clubs. As they moved through the Swamps, Spike sent his pet phoenix Pewee to scout all over Dodge City for any more information that he and his guild members needed to be aware of. Throughout 6 days of traveling through the Swamps, they ambushed several enemy patrols, killing them before they looted their corpses of their weapons and supplies. As soon as they made it to Rambling Rock Ridge, they establish a makeshift base at the top of one of its mountains. While the Red Lightings Guild setup camp, Spike went up to a mountain ledge to look up towards the horizon at where Canterlot is at, before praying for his victory against the Unicornians and the enemy traditionalists.

"Marc, if you're watching me from above the heavens, please give me strength." Spike said while praying for his victory against Unicornia.

Before Spike could say anymore, his female griffon friend came up to his right as she looked towards where Spike is facing.

"Spike, if we ever meet your friends, I'm sure they'll be very thrilled to see you again." Aquilina said brightening the green dragon's mood up.

"One can only hope, Aquilina." Spike said as he looked towards the horizon at the Ridge. "I just hope I'm not too late."