• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,243

First Burning Blood

After two days of patrolling the outer walls of Canterlot, Sunset could not help but feel bored not doing anything other than staying on guard to protect the city from the Unicornian Invaders. Despite this, however, Sunset refuses to let her guard down because she still wanted to make it up to her former mentor and for her deceased friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle. As the yellow female unicorn leaned onto the wall, she stared straight at the clear blue sky out in the distance, thinking about what will ever become of Equestria now. Before Sunset could take another walk around the outer wall during her patrol, she meets one of the Changeling Soldiers, Private Shell, on her left. Private Shell happens to be the very same Changeling that Sunset met when she came back to Equestria to make amends with her former mentor.

"How are you doing, Sunset Shimmer?" Private Shell asked out of concerned for the female unicorn.

"I don't know how will this war will end, Shell." Sunset Shimmer responded nervously. "I mean, is this the first time that you have ever been in a war before?"

"Probably so." Shell replied. "Ever since Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence formed the Changeling Republic in order to have most of us Changelings make a home in Equestria, I've was pretty thrilled in how I should start my life as. In fact, I intended to pay those alicorn princesses back by serving under their reign to the fullest."

"When you heard about how Twilight died, how did that made you feel?" Sunset asked the Changeling soldier.

"Well, it almost felt like that our Changeling Republic society could not move forward without Princess Twilight's guidance." Shell said, in a somber tone. "But no matter, most of the Royal Family of Equestria was already able to let most of us live in the Crystal Empire, Ponyville, and in Canterlot for starters."

"When I heard that Princess Twilight got killed, it makes me feel that a part of my friendship has left me." Sunset said in a somber tone. "Because of how I mistreated every pony in Equestria and everyone in Canterlot High, I thought for sure that I can't do anything about it but disappear in the face of the Earth."

"Yet, here you stand not willing to give up for your mentor?!" Shell asked, pondering Sunset's full story back at Canterlot High.

"Yes. Princess Celestia still saw me as her daughter, just like what she saw in Princess Twilight." Sunset explained. "I guess you could say that I was just jealous of Princess Twilight when she was able to get what I could not. It doesn't matter anymore, at least I learned my lesson."

Before Shell or Sunset could say anymore, other Royal guard at the outer walls spotted something out in the distance and rang the warning Bell in the gate house. Upon hearing the bells ring at an alarming rate, Sunset assumes that it isn't a good sign. The moment she turned around to see what that guard saw, her eyes widened with horror. The Unicornians are marching forward. Behind their ranks, several of their earth pony slaves are hauling some sort of huge energy Cannons. Before they could see what was happening, the Cannons fired some sort of electrical beams at the Royal Sisters' shield barrier. Upon impact, it discharged huge tendrils of blue lighting, followed by a chain reaction of Sparks. After getting bombarded by the energy Cannons, the huge shield barrier started to disintegrate in less than 10 minutes. Upon seeing the shield barrier tear itself apart, Sunset concluded that this could only mean one thing: the Unicornians are resuming their siege on Canterlot two days ago.

In the other side of the outer walls, Fancy Pants was about to order his group for a counter-attack. However, the unicorn Noble saw something in his ranks that wasn't expected. Fancy saw Lord Bronze telling two of the nobles at the gatehouse to do something that's not right. As Fancy looked closer at the pony noble who approached the main gate, he had some sort of explosives underneath his Noble Tunic. It turns out, unknown to the rest of the other pony nobles and guards, that those two are actually enemy suicide bombers. The moment the two suspicious nobles got closer to the gate, Fancy Pants started hollering at them.

"HEY!! HEY!!!" Fancy Pants shouted as he pulled out his flintlock pistol and pointed at them. "HEY, GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!"

Ignoring what Fancy Pants just said, the two nobles are about to blow themselves up in front of Canterlot's Main Gate. Even though Fancy Pants shot and killed one of them with his firearm, the other suicide bomber successfully pulled the pins off the explosives on his chest. Unable to stop the second suicide bomber in time, Fancy Pants leaped away from the bomber before he blew himself up, taking down the main gate and the outer walls surrounding it with him. Even though Fancy Pants was able to escape the blast, the resulting explosion gave his ears a painful ringing, unable to hear anything else for a few minutes after he fell flat on the ground with his stomach.

Back at the position where Sunset Shimmer and Private Shell were at, they were both startled as they heard the explosion coming from near Canterlot's Gatehouse. As they went to see what was going on, several of the other guards and nobles started attacking the soldiers who were accompanying Sunset and Shell, surprising them during the confusion.

"SUNSET, THIS WAY!!!" Private Shell shouted at the top of his lungs when he drew out his sword from his scabbard.

As the unicorn and the changeling went down the stairs, they were met by several more traitorous guards. The moment they tried to attack the duo, Sunset fought back as she drew out her Flamberge. With just one swipe of her enchanted sword, Sunset just unleashed a torrent of flame at her attackers. As for Private Shell, he took to the skies and did a dive bomb, unleashing a green explosion of magic, sending 2 of the traitors flying in two different directions.

For the rest of the other guards at the garrisons, they were trying to make a run for it. Unfortunately, the traitorous guards and noble blasted them apart with their handguns and their magic. As for the gatehouse, Lord Bronze threw a flare at one of its towers with his magic. In just an instant, the invaders fired their cannons and blew up the gatehouse with several bombardments. Upon seeing this, Fancy Pants made a run for it right after he got up on his hooves. Without further a due, Fancy and the rest of his remaining friends and guards accompanied him as he fought his way back into the city. While on the run, Fancy Pants used his magic to activate his earbud to communicate with the Royal Sisters back at the Palace.

"Princess Celestia, we've been betrayed again. They took down the Gatehouse and the Main Gate using suicide bombers!!!" Fancy Pants shouted through his earbud.

"Me and my sister are about to finish bolstering up the defenses all around the Canterlot Palace." Princess Celestia said, responding to the Fancy's frightened tone. "Hold them off at the Town Square until then, Fancy Pants!!"

"Understood!!" Fancy Pants said responding to the sun princess' orders.

As for Sunset Shimmer and Private Shell, the moment they went down to the wrecked gate, they saw the Unicornian Army charging straight at them, with Lord Tirek and Queen Majesty Blueblood leading them from behind their ranks. Upon seeing this unexpected turn of events, Sunset and Shell fought desperately as they tried to help Fancy Pants and his comrades defend Canterlot's Town Square. The traitorous guards and nobles, led by Lord Bronze continued to pursue the female unicorn and the changeling soldier at the outer walls. One traitorous guard came out from a nearby guard tower and charged at Sunset with his spear. However, Sunset dodged the traitorous guard's spear by an inch of her mane and chopped his head clean off with her Flamberge. Private Shell charged up his horn with his changeling magic and shot out a green blast of energy at a nearby traitorous guard from the balcony of one of the buildings on his left. After getting struck by Shell's magic, the guard fell off from the balcony and smashed his head onto the concrete pavement, dead. Behind Sunset, she sees Tirek smashing his way through the battlements from the wrecked gatehouse.

"COME ON OUT, LITTLE PONIES!!!" Tirek roared as he drew out his giant sword. "I'll murder the lot of you!!!!"

As Tirek, along with several of the traitorous guard ponies and Unicorians, made his way through the outer walls, he grabbed and drained the life force out of several Royal Guard stragglers that got in his way. From within the ranks of the Unicornian Army, they brought forth in their chariots. The chariots are being pulled by two Unicornian guards, with one riding inside its carriage and firing his turret-mounted, heavy repeating crossbow at the defenders of Canterlot. By the time the Royal Guards and Fancy Pants met them head on, they were starting to suffer heavy casualties from the enemy chariots' incoming fire. In just seconds, the defenders fled into the buildings nearby and returned fire from its windows, while others were locked in melee combat, defending the buildings that they're hold up in. Upon seeing the enemy chariots zeroing into Sunset and Shell, Sunset shot out a huge magical fireball with her horn and struck at one chariot up front, making it explode into a huge combust that caught several traitorous guards and nobles on fire. Another chariot came up to Sunset's left and hurled a javelin at her. However, Sunset teleported herself away from their line of fire and jumped on top of the chariot's carriage and knocked the gunner of from his seating. Upon seeing Sunset on top of their carriage, the two Unicornian guards got out of their harness and drew out their weapons before attack the female unicorn. However, Shell charged forward and stabbed one Unicornian guard with his horn, while the other one was stabbed in the eye by Fancy Pant's saber. After taking the two Unicornians down, Fancy and Shell put on the harnesses and drove the chariot all around the Town Square, while Sunset beared down on the oncoming invaders with the heavy repeating crossbow.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Town Square, Majesty bursted right through the ranks of Canterlot's defenders with her magic, blasting every single Equestrian Royal Guard in her sights. One Royal Guard appeared and tried to attack the Unicornian Queen with his sword only to be met with a stab in the chest with Majesty's silver Halberd. As the guard succumbed to his stab wounds, Majesty lifted the dead guard up and threw it at the other 3 enemy guards. When one of Fancy Pants' men came up from behind Majesty, he was met with a stab in the skull by the Queen's halberd. As Majesty pulled her halberd out of the Royal Guard's head, she sent the guard's corpse rolling away from her side before collapsing dead on the pavement. Tirek engaged in a bull charge ramming into a group of five Equestrian Royal Guards and drained all of their magic before they collapsed on the ground. The moment Majesty saw Sunset firing crossbow bolts at her men, she charged up her horn with her magic and rammed right through the Chariot's carriage, sending the yellow unicorn crashing into a nearby building, with Fancy Pant and Shell skidding into an immediate halt, with both of them taking off their harnesses.

As Sunset got up on all four hooves, she sees Majesty Blueblood raising her halberd straight at the orange unicorn from a couple of feet away from her position. Sunset drew out her Flamberge before engaging the Alicorn Queen in a one-and-on duel. Before Sunset could make her move, she started getting taunted by Majesty's screeching.

"You must be Sunset Shimmer, the former student of the false Princess Celestia. You really are imbecile to think that you'd actually fight for the very same country that you used to spat on so long ago!!!" Majesty cackled. "After all the trouble you caused in Canterlot, you are about to die at right where you started from. I find it very poetic."

"You wish!!!" Sunset snarled. "I heard about your story through Princess Luna's perspective. I used to be just like you once. But there's actually nothing good about gaining power in Equestria. Believe me, I learned all of this the hard way."

"Oh Yeah?! Well my father told me that our power is the only thing that keeps my family alive!!" Majesty hissed. "If you don't know that, then maybe I'll beat some sense in you first!!"

"Like you're going to do better than I could!!" Sunset said as she glared at the evil alicorn while raising her sword up high. "Bring it on, Bitch!!!"

After hearing what Sunset just said, Majesty growled as she charged at the yellow unicorn with all her might. As Majesty closed in for the kill, she was met by a wave of fire magic coming out from Sunset's Flamberge. In an instant, Majesty summoned her shield barrier before advancing forward towards Sunset's position. The moment Majesty's shield disappeared, Sunset leaped forward and attempted to slam her sword right on top of Majesty's skull. However, Majesty raised her halberd, blocking Sunset's sword horizontally. As Sunset landed on all fours, Majesty thrusted her halberd straight into the yellow unicorn's face, only to dodge it by mere inches, leaving behind a small, bleeding cut on her cheek. Sunset swung her Flamberge at Majesty's face, but not before blocking it in a vertical guard. Just when Majesty attempted to stab Sunset with her halberd again, the yellow unicorn jumped away from her and fired her semi-automatic assault rifle at the evil alicorn. Unfortunately, Majesty raised her shields again to ward off the shots. After firing an entire clip of bullets with her rifle, Sunset ran out of ammo and threw the rifle to the ground before charging forward at Majesty's position. After making several more parries against both of their weapons, Sunset's sword and Majesty's halberd clashed into each other, they're both struggling to gain their ground in the middle of the battlefield while holding their weapons close to each others' faces.

"Not bad for a unicorn, Sunset Shimmer??" Majesty said taunting the reform unicorn. "I thought for sure that they'll have you punished for going against Princess Celestia. You could've joined up with my father when Celestia denied you of your destiny, when you still have the chance. My father told me that you hated Celestia, yet you insisted on making it up to her right now??"

"I got a little too carried away when I was studying under Celestia tutelage." Sunset explained. "Since I learned from her and Princess Twilight the hard way, I almost punished myself after they gave me a taste of my own medicine. However, Princess Celestia still refuses to give up on me. In fact, she actually forgave me after being gone for so long. So, I'm not letting you overthrow her because she's like a mother that always cares about her children, regardless of how many bad days he or she had to put up with."

"Then, say your PRAYERS!!!" Majesty roared as she lifted her halberd up high, shoving Sunset's blade away from her face.

Before Sunset had a chance to react, Majesty stabbed Sunset in her right front leg, making her fall on her front screaming in pain. In addition, Majesty stabbed Sunset in her left shoulder blade, making her bleed as the yellow unicorn collapsed onto the pavement.

"N-No, please. You don't even know what the buck you're do-URRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!" Sunset pleaded only to feel herself getting strangled.

"Nice try, loser!!!" Majesty cackled as she used her magic to lift up Sunset above her height and started strangling the orange, red-haired unicorn with her magic to death.

However, before Majesty could finish off Sunset Shimmer in a chokehold, Princess Celestia appeared right in front of the two ponies and unleashed a torrent of continuous fire at where Majesty is standing at. The moment Celestia's spell got closer to Majesty, the evil alicorn responded by raising her shield barrier. As soon as Celestia's spell struck Majesty's shield, the sun princess was able to push her back 25 feet away from Sunset Shimmer, making her lose her grip on the female unicorn. In just an instant, an fiery explosion sent Majesty flying into the bright-red sky. The moment Celestia went to check up on Sunset, she notices that Sunset is badly wounded, unconscious, and bleeding. Not wanting to lose another of her daughter-figures, Celestia used her magic to carry an injured Sunset on her back before retreating to the Palace Courtyard.

"Every pony, fall back to the Palace Courtyard!!!" Celestia said as she ordered her remaining defenders at the Town Square.

Unfortunately, by the time Fancy Pants was about to make a run for it, Lord Bronze got in his way and slammed the unicorn stallion with a huge club, knocking him out cold. As for Private Shell, he helped Princess Celestia escape with an injured Sunset Shimmer but not before he was stabbed in the back, with the spear tip coming out of his chest, by one of the traitorous guards with a spear. Upon seeing Private Shell dying, she was about to rescue him too. However, Shell denied being rescued and instead decided to buy the sun princess and Sunset some time for them to escape to the Palace Courtyard.

"FORGET ABOUT ME, PRINCESS!!! JUST RUN!!! GO!!!" Shell shouted as blood started seeping from his mouth.

From underneath his bloodied guard armor, Shell took out an mini nuke grenade and with every last once of his strength he pulled out the pin from the grenade.

"LET THE BLOOD BURN TO KINGDOM COME!!!" Shell shouted out loud, making his final words before the grenade's explosion consumed him.


As soon as the grenade went off, a huge explosion erupted in the Town Square, causing a huge vibration that shattered every window in the buildings and taking out half of the traitorous guards, nobles, and Unicornian soldiers all in one go. Additionally, half of Canterlot was decimated. However, as soon as Majesty was able to get back on the ground after sent flying in the sky, she raised her shields to the fullest, protecting herself, Lord Bronze, and Tirek from getting caught in Private Shell's sacrificial blast. After the explosion ended, Majesty just realized that most of her men have been half-obliterated.

"We can't move forward like this." Majesty said to herself before issuing orders to Lord Bronze and Tirek. "Have our men regroup at the Town Square, that area is now ours. We'll call it day for now."

"Are you sure you want to stop, there?!" Tirek asked. "We're so close in taking Canterlot all in one swoop. I'm still not satisfied in not getting enough glory from this war. I say we take e'm down when they're still licking their wounds."

"Not yet, Tirek." Majesty snapped, denying the demonic centaur's request. "Those Changeling Republican pipsqueaks just caused a lot of damage to our forces. So, I need reinforcements before continuing where we left off."

"Hmph!! Fine." Tirek said, muttering in disgust, not being able to press forward yet.

As Lord Bronze and Tirek went back to the ruins of the Town Square, they see an unconscious Fancy Pants locked up inside a huge cage. The moment Fancy Pants woke up, he felt a sharp pain coming out from the back of his skull. When he looked up to see what was going on around him, Fancy Pants spotted Lord Bronze and Tirek gloating at him, giving the pony noble smug looks from their faces. Feeling defeated, Fancy Pants could not help but worry about his wife Fleur de Lis of her safety, as well as how he failed to defend Canterlot's outer walls because of Bronze's betrayal.

"Copper Bronze, how could you do this to us!!!" Fancy Pants asked while angrily shouting at the earth pony noble. "I TRUSTED YOU!!!!"

"Sorry it had to be this way, Fancy Pants." Lord Bronze sneered. "But I have other plans for supporting the Bluebloods."


Inside the Canterlot Palace, 12 hours later, Sunset woke up after feeling a sharp pain all over her body only to find herself in one of the dorms inside the Palace Hospital. As she looked at herself in the mirror, Sunset sees some dress bandages covering up her front right hoof and a white patch covering up her left shoulder blade. In just a few minutes, Princess Celestia came in to check up on Sunset Shimmer to see how she is doing.

"Sunset, I'm so glad you're okay." Princess Celestia spoke in a tearful expression while hugging the yellow unicorn in her hooves.

"Princess, what happened??" Sunset asked in a desperate tone. "Did we drive them back?"

I'm afraid not!!!" Princess Celestia said as she shook her head. "The invaders have already taken over the Town Square and Fancy Pants and his comrades have been captured by the enemy."

"What about Private Shell?? Where is he??" Sunset asked, showing concern for one of the Changeling Royal Guards at the Town Square.

"He didn't make it!" Princess Celestia responded in a solemn tone. "He sacrificed himself to decimate half of the attackers in the Town Square. I'm sorry."

Upon hearing what the sun princess just said, Sunset could not believe that she just lost another comrade that fought desperately to save Canterlot. Realizing that half of Canterlot was destroyed, Sunset got out of her bed and saw the wreckage in a distance from the Palace.

"I didn't think it would end this way." Sunset muttered to herself before she turned around to face Princess Celestia again.

"Well, it'll be awhile before they'll be attacking this palace with everything they've got." Princess Celestia told Sunset. "I hate to say this, Sunset. Our reinforcements aren't able to make it to Canterlot in time. We're on our own now."

After hearing this, Sunset could only pray for a miracle that they'll find a way to defeat Majesty and her forces, despite losing so much of their beloved country.


"Oh great, more suicide bombers!!" Crimson muttered in disgust. "Just how much more of those ponies can those bastards corrupt and poison against us??"

"We pretty much blamed both Lord Bronze and Amadeus for the recruitment and the bribery of those terrorists." Luna muttered to herself in frustration.

"I don't believe it!! Who would ever thought that they sacrifice more ponies just to take down Canterlot in several days?!" Twilight grunted, thinking about the horrors that occurred back at her birthplace.

"No of that matters anymore, now that we were able to rebuild Canterlot after the violent conflict. When I saw Sunset get confronted by Majesty Blueblood, I was really afraid that I might lose her the way I lost you, Twilight." Celestia said as she comforted Twilight in her hooves. "It's all thanks to you that we were able to get back what those miserable wretches took away from us when they set hoof upon Equestria."

"I know, thanks Princess Celestia." Twilight replied in a happy squeal while being embraced in Celestia's hooves before turning her attention towards the rest of her friends. "So guys, what were you saying about how Unicornia conquered the cities that you're in??"