• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,242 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,242

Escaping Los Pegasus

The only thing that Rainbow Dash could remember was when her hind leg was being impaled by a harpoon and tow cable. Upon getting pulled back against her own will, Rainbow couldn't imagine the burning sensation and excruciating pain that she experienced when that harpoon was stuck to her leg. As soon as they help Rainbow break free from being pulled back by the harpoon, Rainbow lost consciousness after losing a lot of blood from her impaled wound. Just when she finally woke up, Rainbow Dash finds herself lying on top of a bed.

As she got up on her hooves, Rainbow felt some pain coming from her hind leg. By the time she looked at her wound, Rainbow sees it covered up with a dress wound covering up her injured leg. As she landed on the floor with all four of her hooves, Rainbow heard some screaming and explosions coming from outside of the dorm. The moment Rainbow left the dorm, she actually found herself inside some sort of Hospital before moving forward. Just when Rainbow went to take a look at what is going on around her, she sees Discord fighting against some unidentified nemesis. After a few seconds of blurry eyesight, Rainbow blinked several times before she was able to regain her eye contact. As soon as the world around her finally stopped being blurry, Rainbow sees Discord getting pushed back by Black Scythe and Queen Cicada, much to her horror.

After helping Fluttershy escape the Hospital, Discord decided to stay behind to help Rainbow Dash and Chief Flying Shield drive away the attackers in this complex. Unfortunately, after Discord casted some of his chaos magic to keep Queen Cicada distracted, Black Scythe crashed through a window from the Draconneques' right. As soon as the grey hostile pegasus landed on her hooves, Black Scythe took out a huge Scythe and held it with both of her front hooves. In less than a second, the evil grey pegasus warrior came charging straight at Discord, showing no signs of mercy in her wake. The moment he reacted, Discord drew out a Plunder Vine Saber from his side and blocked the huge scythe with it using both of his hands. Despite him being the Lord of Chaos, Discord was actually getting shoved back by the Unicornian Pegasus warrior. After Discord shoved the scythe away from his face with his Plunder Saber, Black Scythe made a horizontal sweeping arc with her huge blade. However, Discord was able to dodge the blade by mere inches from his horns and unwillingly got stuck at a wall on Black Scythe's right. While Scythe was distracted in trying to pull the blade out, Discord spotted Rainbow Dash leave her hospital dorm.

The moment Rainbow saw Discord in front of her, she was immediately grabbed by Discord in the stomach before getting carried away from the floor that they're both in.

"Discord, what in the name of Celestia is going on here??" Rainbow Dash asked, being startled by the unexpected events of violence in the Hospital.

"You were still out cold for two days when we brought you to Los Pegasus to be treated of your injuries, Rainbow Dash." Discord explained. "Unfortunately, the mayor of this city was setting all of us up. He told Black Scythe and Queen Cicada about us being here. Without warning, they ordered their men to attack this Hospital, just so that they can have you and Fluttershy captured immediately."

"WAIT!!! Where's Fluttershy?? I thought she was with you!!!???" Rainbow Dash asked, realizing that her best friend is nowhere to be seen in the Hospital.

"My apologizes, Rainbow Dash." Discord replied. "I had Fluttershy and Scootaloo escape without us. They'll both likely in Vanhoover by now. I stayed behind in order to keep those two ruffians distracted during the fight. Also, Chief Flying Shield of the Los Pegasus Police are making their stand in helping us drive away those infidels here."

"YOU LET FLUTTERSHY AND SCOOTALOO LEAVE THIS PLACE WITHOUT US???!!!" Rainbow shrieked. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND????!!!!"

"I can't really do anything here if Fluttershy and Scootaloo are both in the way." Discord added. "If I didn't help them escape this place, they wouldn't last much longer."

"Well, where are my parents?? I thought they were with us too." Rainbow Dash asked, concerning for the safety of her family.

"Then again, they both helped us escape by distracting Black Scythe and her men back in White Tail Woods." Discord explained briefly. "I'm sure they want you to live for their sake."

After hearing what Discord just said, Rainbow Dash started sobbing due to the fact that she may never see Fluttershy, Scootaloo, or her parents again. As she and Discord went down to the Main Lobby of the Hospital, they saw dead riot police, dead Changelings, and dead Unicornian soldiers scattered all over the floor. However, near the entrance, Discord and Rainbow Dash see Chief Flying Shield and several of his men were still fighting against the Cicada's changelings. As soon as Flying Shield turned around to see Rainbow Dash finally awake, he felt relieved that the light-blue pegasus was able to walk on all four legs again. Though, it does not change the fact that Rainbow won't be running as fast since her leg is still injured, apart from her flying abilities. Without hesitation, Flying Shield led Rainbow Dash and Discord to the Hospital's emergency exit and flew into a nearby watch tower just a few meters east of the Los Pegasus Hospital before barricading themselves inside.

"It's about time you finally woke up from your beauty sleep, Rainbow Dash!" Flying Shield grunted after he bolstered the watch tower with the help of several of his surviving officers. "There's no time for any chit-chat. Cicada's soldiers and Black Scythe's troops have already breached the Hospital. What's worse is that we've been betrayed by our city Mayor."

"Why would your Mayor betray you for??" Rainbow Dash asked, completely outraged by such corrupted government.

"It turns out that they were bribing Mayor Pillar Cloud in letting Black Scythe and Cicada come after you two." Flying Shield summarized. "But no matter, I'm still part of the law residing in Los Pegasus, expected to serve and protect its citizens from dangerous threats."

"How would I know that you can be trusted?" Rainbow Dash asked while glaring at the police chief. "Because we heard that our friend Twilight was killed by her own guards in her sleep. It broke my heart entirely. In fact, I got drunk at one time and said some nasty stuff at Twi. If only she was still here, I would definitely owe her an apology for not believing her."

"I've been in the Los Pegasus Law enforcement for more than 18 years." Flying Shield explained. "If I were to be corrupted, I won't really help you and Discord escape, would I?!"

After a few minutes of silent glaring at the Police Chief, Rainbow felt Discord's lion paw touch her shoulder, telling her that it's alright.

"It's okay, Rainbow." Flying Shield said in a sympathetic tone. "I was also afraid that I couldn't trust any of you either. But when you're yellow pegasus friend came up to me and shouted like she was desperately need her help in trying to save you, I knew I can't hold back my aid any longer. We're all living under a great deal of fear of trusting each other."

"I understand." Rainbow Dash said as she stopped glaring at Flying Shield. "So, how are we going to get out of this city? Wherever Fluttershy and Scootaloo are at, I can't leave them alone out there. Scoots is still a little kid and Fluttershy doesn't fight very often like the rest of us, the Mane 5, do."

"Back at the Police Station, there is a police airship for you and Discord to use for evacuating the city." Flying Shield explained. "Once we get there, I'll hold them off with the rest of my fellow officers."

"Okay then, Let's go!!!" Rainbow Dash said with determination.

"Take precautions, Rainbow." Flying Shield added. "We've got detachments of Cicada's minions and Black Scythe's soldiers scouring all of Los Pegasus. They're all still looking for you."

"I don't care. Besides, I'd rather beat them all to death before they can take me alive!!!!" Rainbow Dash hissed.

"Well, I heard about how brash and how zealous your fighting skills are. So, don't get too excited." Flying Shield said, warning the light-blue pegasus of the dangers in Los Pegasus. "I received reports that the invaders have brought in tanks to sweep the city streets."

After going over what they'll be up against, Discord, Rainbow, and Flying Shield left the watch tower, along with a group of riot police officers. Without further a due, they made their way down the tunnels to avoid detection by Black Scythe's forces. During their trek, they all decided to make their way towards the police station without any flying, for it may draw attention to the enemy in Los Pegasus. Flying Shield armed Rainbow Dash with a rapier for her to use in a fight. However, Flying Shield still does not want Rainbow Dash pick a fight with the enemy, for she will be badly outnumbered in less than 2 minutes of fighting. As they proceed through the tunnel, v.i.a Los Pegasus Police Station, Flying Shield took out his flash light to illuminate the darkness residing in the area. Rainbow Dash could not help but feeling very afraid that some stalker might be sneaking up on them from behind, while walking through the darkness of the tunnel. Eventually, 20 minutes later, they were able to leave the tunnel and saw light appear right in front of them. However, Rainbow heard more screaming, shouting, and explosions coming from her right. As they reached the edge of a nearby building, Flying Shield ordered Rainbow and Discord to remain behind him while he takes a peak around the corner. The moment Flying Shield peer his face around the building, he sees innocent ponies get blasted from behind by a squad of 5 changeling insurgents. After a few seconds later, Flying Shield sees the changelings leave the streets and entered a building adjacent from the one that he is hiding behind. As soon as they disappeared, Flying Shield directed the light-blue pegasus and the draconneques to the other side.

Unfortunately, by the time Discord reached to the sidewalk, a small rope sprang out from below his feet and wrapped around his dragon leg in an instant. Not a moment too soon, Discord tripped over on his stomach. Before he knew what was going on, Discord was getting pulled by the rope attached to an automatic crank and dragged out of the sidewalk, stopping at the nearby gutter.

"ARGH!!!" Discord screeched as he struggled to pull the wire out of his leg. "Some pony help get this piece of shit off me!!!"

Just when Rainbow started struggling to help Discord free from his leg restraint, a changeling insurgent appeared around the corner in front of Flying Shield, lashing out at him with a crude sword. After dodging the Changeling's sword, the pegasus Police Chief bend down, lifted the Changeling's legs, and flipping him over behind Flying Shield's back. Before the Changeling had a chance to react, Flying Shield stomped on his face with both of his hooves and broke his noose before he squirmed on the ground in pain while holding his injured nose. However, they weren't done yet. It turns out that the two pegasus and the draconneques just ran into an ambush at the sidewalk, a few blocks away from the Police Station. Behind them, Flying Shield spotted a squad of ten Unicornian Soldiers heading straight for them, all armed with spears and maces.

"Leave him, Rainbow Dash!!!" Flying Shield shouted at the light-blue pegasus, who is still trying to help Discord get loose from the restraints. "He's just going to slow us down."

Before Flying Shield could say anymore, he was met by an enemy unicorn soldier that came from his left, thrusting his spear at the Police Chief. Out of response, Flying Shield drew out his tazer with one of his wings and shot three jolts of electricity at his attacker, making the unicorn collapse on the ground, stunned. Just when the Unicorn was about to get back up on his hooves, he was met by a slam in the head by Flying Shield's nightstick. In less than a minute, Rainbow was able to use her teeth to rip out the rope restraining Discord, freeing him immediately. As soon as Discord got back up on his feet again, he casted a gale force spell that sent the oncoming Unicornian soldiers crashing into a nearby skyscraper, hitting their backs onto the wall before collapsing out cold. Not a moment too soon, the two pegasus and the draconneques finally made it to the Police Station.

As soon as the two ponies and draconneques went inside to get onboard the police airship, one of Flying Shield's radio dispatchers has received word that one of Black Scythe's tanks has appeared in front of the Station, along with two dozen of Black Scythe's soldiers. Before the Los Pegasus police force could do anything, Scythe's tank opened fire, destroying one of the barricades in front of the Police Station. Upon hearing the explosions from outside, Flying Shield directed Rainbow and Discord up to the landing pad at the Station's roof tops.

"This is were we'll part ways, Rainbow Dash." Flying Shield said.

"Why don't you come with us, Flying Shield?" Rainbow Dash asked as she went onboard the airship.

"I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash. But Los Pegasus is my home, my birthplace." Flying Shield protested. "I told you I am the law in this Faust-forsaken city. I cannot abandon my home. Besides, I'd rather die for my country, than surrender to Cicada or to Black Scythe!!"

"But Flying Shield......" Rainbow Dash said desperately before her speech was interrupted by a blast that made a huge hole inside the Police Station.

As Flying Shield turned around, he sees Unicornian troops overwhelming his remaining police force.

"Please forgive me, Rainbow Dash. But you're still the Element Bearers of Harmony and nothing is going to change that." Flying Shield said as he denied Rainbow's request. "You're the only heroes that I can count on to save Equestria."

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS SHIELD!!! WE CAN ALL STILL LIVE TO FIGHT FOR ANOTHER DAY!!!!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she persisted the police chief.

Unable to stand around anymore, Flying Shield drew out his weapons to go help out his fellow officers. Before he went back down to the first floor to met the enemy head on, Flying Shield turned around to say goodbye to Rainbow Dash and Discord before closing the doors in front of them.

"Farewell, Rainbow Dash." Flying Shield spoke in an intense tone. "It's been an honor serving and protecting you!!!"

As soon as Flying Shield closed the doors, he welded them completely shut before he went down to engage the invaders in Los Pegasus. Just like that, Flying Shield disappeared into the Police Station. For Rainbow Dash and Discord, the airship that they're in, took to the skies and headed east.


Upon hearing Rainbow Dash's second part of her story, Fluttershy rammed her with a very tight hug. The next thing the speedster pegasus saw was that the yellow pegasus started wailing again.

"I know. I know, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said to the whimpering yellow pegasus. "Whether we would stay and fight or flee to live another day can be a total challenge. I wish I could do more for Flying Shield after he and Discord helped me regain my strength."

"Unfortunately, I received a report for my spies that Flying Shield was publicly executed by Black Scythe after they took over his police station." Luna said informing the rest of the group during the civil war. "His head was hung up on the walls inside the Los Pegasus City Hall and his corpse was put up in front of the main road leading to Los Pegasus, as a reminder of what would happen to those that resist Unicornia. Well, since we drove Unicornia away, we were able to take Shield's body parts down and gave him a proper burial to honor his heroism of protecting Los Pegasus from the invaders. Soon afterwards, Shield's son, Blue Coat, was unanimously appointed as the new Mayor of Los Pegasus for his strong political allegiance towards the Equestrian Crown and for receiving more than 12 awards for performing rescuing operations around that city. His younger brother, Lion Templar, became the new police chief of the Los Pegasus Police Force."

"That's good to hear." Twilight exclaimed out of relief.