• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,243

Unicorn sisters on the run

After she ran off during the start of the destruction in Ponyville, Rarity ran as fast as she could to find her little sister, Sweetie Belle. In Rarity's thoughts, the Carousel Boutique will be the best place to start at. Unfortunately, by the time the fashionista got there, a squad of 5 Unicornian Paratroopers already stormed inside the Boutique and grabbed Sweetie Belle on sight.

"Rarity, help me!!!!" The little unicorn filly screamed as a paper bag covered up her head.

Upon seeing her sister getting dragged away from the Boutique, Rarity charged up her horn with her magic and slammed straight into the group of Invaders, knocking all of them at once and sent them flying in different directions. As soon as Rarity took the bag off Sweetie Belle's head, her sister started hugging the fashionista while crying, relived that Rarity came to her rescue. However, the two unicorns are still on high water as several more Invaders came bursting through the crowd right behind Sweetie Belle.

"Sweetie Belle, get on my back, darling." Rarity ordered her little sister. "We are leaving."

"But Rarity....." Sweetie Belle stammered.

"No buts." Rarity snapped. "We'll look for our other friends later. Right now, we have to get out of Ponyville immediately."

The moment the two female unicorns galloped away from the Boutique, the Invaders opened fire with their magic in attempt stop them in their tracks. The chase continued until Rarity and Sweetie Belle ran into Daring Do, Lyra Heartstrings, and Bon-Bon. Despite the invaders making their advance upon those three ponies, they actually fought back with everything they've got. Bon-Bon drew out dual knives and started slashing at the invaders by their necks. In less than a second, the invaders had blood gushing out from their necks and another one gets stabbed in the eye by one of Bon Bon's daggers. Daring Do took out a whip from underneath her wings and whiplashed at a nearby invading paratrooper. The moment Daring's whip struck at him, the rope went for his neck and sent him flying into a nearby house. Upon slamming the invader by his spine, it broke in two, killing him in a heartbeat. As soon as the three ponies saw Rarity and Sweetie Belle, they called them over to their position.

"Rarity! Sweetie Belle! Over here! Hurry!!!" Daring Do shouted at as she started waving at the two female unicorns.

Without hesitation, Rarity and Sweetie Belle went with the other three ponies as they all fled up north to the Galloping Gorge, where they will not be followed by the invaders. As Rarity looked back at Ponyville one last time, she sees the rest of the ponies getting rounded up by the invaders of Unicornia.


As the five ponies fled Ponyville with their lives, they reached Daring Do's house which lies within the Galloping Gorge. The moment they went inside Daring's house, it was already nightfall. They closed all windows and barricaded all the doors, not wanting to draw any attention from the invaders that attacked Ponyville. As all five ponies sat down to take a breather, Rarity was the one who wanted to see what was going on right now. Before she could say anymore, Daring gave her the latest news headlines from the Foal Free Press. The moment Rarity used her magic to read the newspaper, her eyes widened with sheer terror.

Unicornia Has Declared a Civil War Upon Equestria, Daylight became a Blazing Tartarus!

While Rarity read through the news headlines, she learned that the forces of Equestria are too preoccupied with the siege back at Canterlot, leaving most of the other ponies outside of their capital city unprotected and forced into enslavement. After skimming through the pages, Rarity started breaking down in tears, fearing for the safety of her family in which they're staying at Manehattan, as well as learning that the leader of the invaders, Queen Majesty Blueblood, dropped by at Ponyville and turned it into a makeshift fort during her attacks upon the city of Canterlot. As Sweetie Belle looked outside of the window of Daring Do's house, she could not help but wonder what will ever become of her friends Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Before any pony could say anymore, Daring Do and Bon Bon both came up with a plan to help notify the city of Vanhoover of this impeding Unicornian Invasion.

"Every pony, listen up!!!" Daring Do shouted at the top of her lungs. "I know were starting to loose a lot, the moment when the invaders took over Ponyville, but save your tears for the last. It's still not the end of Equestria yet. We'll rest up here for now since it's already nightfall. But tomorrow morning, we make our way towards Vanhoover and recruit as many mercenaries as we can to help fight against the armies of Unicornia."

"Daring Do, even if the people of Vanhoover were to listen to us, we still cannot defeat the armies of Unicornia alone." Lyra protested in fearing for the lives of her and her friend Bon Bon.

"We may not win back our country that easily. But as long as Princess Luna is there for us, we won't give up Equestria without putting up a fight first." Daring Do announced as she revealed an emblem bearing the emblem of Luna's secret agency. "Even if some of the Equestrian military will turn on us, we'll still rely on the Luna's secret revolutionary army known as the Lunar Republic because I happen to be one of the commanders of her elite fighting force, the LR commandoes."

"Lunar Republic?" Rarity asked out of a state of shock. "Since when was this?"

"They said that ever since the beginning of when Luna became the alicorn princess of the Night, she secretly formed a militant group that work in the darkness to serve the light." Daring announced to the four ponies. "Some used to be orphaned foals turned spies, while others were selected from the most devoted noble and military families in Equestria. I was an orphan too when Princess Luna brought me in and when I got older, she secretly trained me to be one of the best commandoes on the field. I thought for sure I wouldn't do my part as an LR commando. However, now that the civil war came, I will have no choice but to make an exception. As a matter of fact, my team of LR commandoes will be waiting from me back at Vanhoover."

"I see." Rarity said to herself. "So, how are we going to have that city fight for us to repel the invaders?"

"I already ordered one of my LR messengers to notify Vanhoover of Unicornia's presence before we left Ponyville." Daring Do replied, answering Rarity's question. "The moment we rallied the LR forces at Vanhoover, we'll order the citizens residing there to evacuate to the Smoky Mountains, while we set up makeshift defenses all over the city. Are you with us, Rarity?"

"Yes, I am." Rarity replied.

"Good." Daring Do acknowledged before turning her attention to Lyra and Bon Bon. "As for the two of you, after we stood our ground at Vanhoover, I want you both to take a detachment of LR soldiers with you to setup a secret base nearby Manehattan."

"Understood." Bon Bon replied as she saluted Daring Do with her right hoof. "From now on, just call me Agent Sweetie Drops because it is my alias whenever I'm sent on dangerous missions that'll determine the fate of Equestria."

"Glad to hear, Agent Sweetie Drops." Daring Do responded to the tan earth pony mare. "Now then, any questions?"

After one minute of silence, Daring Do concluded that every pony in the group will now proceed to carry out the mission in fighting against the invaders during the civil war in Equestria. The moment Sweetie Drops, Lyra, and Sweetie Belle all fell asleep, Daring Do went out to the balcony of her house to keep watch for any pony sneaking around. As for Rarity, she went to a secluded room and stared straight up into the clear blue night sky, thinking about what has ever become of the rest of the Element Bearers of Harmony. Despite them being one big team, Rarity is still afraid that without Twilight, they may not survive in this upcoming war. When Rarity went to sleep in one of the beds inside Daring Do's house, she stared straight up at the ceiling, thinking about her true love and her most supportive friend, Spike the Dragon.

"I'm just glad my dear Spikey-Wikey wasn't here to see Ponyville go up in flames." Rarity said to herself before closing her eyes and going to sleep.


Meanwhile at the docks of Baltimare, two unidentified pirate ships appeared on the horizon. In front of it, there were several galleons opening fire upon the city of Baltimare. The moment they got closer, a blue elder dragon appeared on the ship's deck with several of his members forming up in two straight lines and saluted to the elder dragon. The elder dragon goes by the name Marc, who is the leader of the Red Lightings Guild. Behind him, there is a purple teenage dragon with green scales. As the purple dragon went out on deck, a red adult phoenix is seen perched on the dragon's right shoulder. As soon as Marc turned around to face the teenage dragon, he spoke to him a question that helped bring his memory back.

"So Spike, did'ja miss living in Equestria, ye?!" Marc asked as he sees the purple dragon approach him while on the deck of his ship.

"Yes and No!!" Spike said in an oxymoron state. "I mean, I wish I could stand up for my mother when I had the chance. But because I was still young at the time, I never had the strength to do so. I'm sure mom is still watching me from the Esylium from above. Well, despite how much training you gave me when I first joined the Red Lightings Guild, I still miss my friends very much; the one pony that I miss the most is none other than my dear, sweet Rarity. I hope she's doing okay."

"Well, since this is used to be your home Spike, we'll let you make the call." Marc spoke to the purple dragon. "Since yer not in Erebus anymore, you already owed me enough because I'm an old dragon now and as soon as we reached the shores of Equestria, you will be in charge of the Red Lightings Guild from here on out."

"Are you sure, Marc?" Spike asked.

"Yes, since ye helped Aquilina and several of me laddies stay alive during most of our missions and that ya helped us restore order at de Isles of Erebrus, I think dis is time for you to lead us on, without me." Marc spoke in a wheezing tone. "I shalt have nay regrets for letting ya get dis very far in our Guild, young man. It's already been 8 years since ya joined me guild and now it's time for ya to return home to fix up Equestria."

"Thank you, Marc." Spike said acknowledging Marc's praise. "I'll never forget you, sir."

"Good, now git ya ass off this ship along with the rest of ye." Marc ordered to Spike and the rest of the Guild. "I'll hold er vile whipper snappers here, ya!!!"

As Spike and the rest of the Red Lightings Guild went on another ship, adjacent to Marc's ship, Marc steered his ship towards one of the Unicornian Vessels from behind, as he lit up a dynamite in his right claw. Underneath the deck of Marc's ship, there were barrels filled with explosives and gunpowder all over the mess hall and in the storage area. By the time their Captain turned around, it was too late. Marc's ship crashed straight into the Unicornian's vessel by its stern. As soon as Marc threw his lit up dynamite below the deck, he uttered his final words before meeting his maker.

"It's been an honor serve de Red Lightings Guild, ye!!! ALL HAIL THEE MARY!!!" Marc chuckled to himself out loud as the resulting explosion silenced him forever.

From Spike's ship, he sees the Marc's ship blow up and took down one of the Unicornian vessels, in which attracted the other three Unicornian Vessels. Upon seeing his master leave this world, Spike and the rest of the remaining Guild members saluted to bid farewell to Marc before accepting Spike's leadership amongst the Red Lightings Guild. Unknown to the rest of the guild members, Spike lets down a tear from his eye, remembering how heart-broken he felt when losing Marc the way he lost his mother. Undiscouraged by such sacrifices, Spike decided to move on since he's not a baby dragon anymore; he's a teenage dragon warrior who will do anything to avenge his adopted mother by any means necessary. The moment Spike took the helm, he issued the first following orders to his fellow guild members.

"Red Lightings, prepare to land at Baltimare!!" Spike announced to his fellow guild members as he steered his ship towards a clearing away from the enemy fleet. "This will be an fight for our lives!!!"

As Spike's ship headed straight towards the docks of Baltimare, Spike prayed to himself that he will see the rest of his friends again before going after the evil nobles that are attempting to take over Equestria by storm.

"I'm coming, my dear sweet Lady Rarity!!!" Spike muttered to himself as he and his guild members proceeded forward into enemy territory.