• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,243

Siege of Vanhoover

Early in the morning, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Lyra, Sweetie Drops, and Daring Do packed up their breakfast and their supplies before venturing towards their recently established outpost in Vanhoover. While making their trek towards the city, Daring Do received a report from her scouts that a battalion of 1,300 Unicornian troops are preparing to attack Vanhoover under the command of Captain Bane Fright. Upon hearing this, Daring Do brought in a wagon to carry the three unicorns and the earth pony all the way to Vanhoover in just 2 days. As soon as they arrived two days later, one of Daring Do's pegasus sergeants came up to him to inform her of the situation at hand.

"Commander Daring, we have lost power at the Communications Center at the Vanhoover Embassy and lost several of our LR patrols outside of Vanhoover." The LR Sergeant reported. "The last thing they reported before they're eliminated is that leader, Captain Bane Fright will be upon us. His army will be attacking our city at nightfall."

"Get all of our men up to the Eastern section of the city an bolster up the defenses there. Have all citizens evacuate the caves at Smoky Mountains and barricade the entrances there!!!" Daring Do said as she gave orders to her sergeant.

"Yes, ma'am!" The sergeant said as he saluted her before moving on.

"Daring Do, what should we do?" Rarity asked.

"Have your sister evacuate to the Smoky Mountains along with the other refugees and meet up with me at the bunkers in the Western sections of Vanhoover!!" Daring told Rarity before moving on.

As soon as Daring Do flew off to the east to give out orders to the rest of her LR comrades, Rarity took Sweetie Belle to the evacuation area in the Vanhoover's southern city districts. However, before Rarity could see Sweetie Belle off, the little unicorn filly could stop sobbing into thinking that she will never see Rarity again.

"Rarity, I don't want to leave you!!!" Sweetie Belle pleaded her elder unicorn sister.

"Darling, I don't have any choice." Rarity said as she took her sister's hoof to the evacuation area. "This is a civil war and the last thing I would ever want to expect is to see some of my loved ones get killed in this horrifying event. I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle but this is for your own good. And besides, you're still too young to be caught up in a fight."

Before Sweet Belle could say anything, an airship landed at a nearby landing pad near the evacuation area. In just one minute later, several more ponies just came out. The moment Rarity and Sweetie Belle took a closer look at them, they just discover some very familiar friends from Ponyville. It was Fluttershy, Zecora, Nurse Redheart, and Scootaloo. Upon seeing Scootaloo again, Sweetie Belle came up to her immediately and hugged her friend, relieved that she was okay. However, they still haven't discovered where Apple Bloom is staying at.

"Fluttershy, I'm so glad you're okay!!" Rarity wailed as she hugged her yellow pegasus friend in her hooves.

"Um, you can let go of me, Rarity." Fluttershy said in a soft tone.

"So Fluttershy, how did you guys were able to meet up with us in Vanhoover?" Rarity asked after embracing the female pegasus in her hooves.

After a couple of minutes, Fluttershy told Rarity about everything that happened in Los Pegasus, Rarity could not help but worry even more about Rainbow Dash due to her injuries and that Discord stayed behind to take care of her. In a just one second, Fluttershy started breaking down again, believing that she would never see both of her friends again back at Los Pegasus.

"Oh Fluttershy, I'm so sorry to hear all of that." Rarity said while trying to comfort the crying pegasus. "I hope Discord knows what he's doing to help keep Rainbow Dash alive."

"Well, what do we do now, Rarity??" Fluttershy said while still sobbing silently.

"I hate to say this Fluttershy, but Daring Do has received word that another Unicornian Battalion will be preparing to attack Vanhoover this night!!" Rarity said in a scared tone.

"OH MY GODNESS!!!" Fluttershy freaked out. "How are we going to escape this nightmare, Rarity? Every time we tried to escape from those invaders, they always keep finding us. It's like they wanted to either kill us or capture us!!!"

"I'm afraid we're going to have to fight!!" Rarity suggested to Fluttershy. "But I want to know if you're going to help me or not because whatever choice you make, there will be turning back!!!"

"I-I want to stay behind to help you out, Rarity." Fluttershy answered the unicorn Fashionista. "I don't think we can run away from those monsters anymore."

"I understand, darling." Rarity acknowledged Fluttershy's request before turning around to face Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. "Girls, I'm afraid you two have to head to the evacuation area at the Smoky Mountains."

"But Rarity......" Sweetie Belle protested before her speech was interrupted by her elder sister.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle but I can't really do defend this city if I'm concerned for you." Rarity said trying to send her little sister to the evacuation area. "I'll be there for you once this is over. Just do what I say for now."

After several seconds, Sweetie Belle started crying silently in Rarity's hooves before being sent away to the Smoky Mountains. As soon as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo disappeared along with the evacuating refugees, Rarity and Fluttershy went to Daring Do's outpost to prepare for the counter-attack at nightfall.

Meanwhile, at the Vanhoover Embassy, which is in the eastern sections of Vanhoover, Daring Do was in her office trying to get the communications back online to call for aid from the Crystal Empire and from Canterlot. Unfortunately, despite all their best efforts, there was nothing Daring Do could do about it. So, she decided to have a change of plans during the siege of Vanhoover. The moment she left her office, Daring Do makes her speech outside of the entrance of the Vanhoover Embassy.

"All right every pony, listen up." Daring Do said as she made her announcement to the rest of her LR Army that stood before her. "Since we have lost all communications coming from in and out of Vanhoover, we can't request anymore reinforcements and the moment Bane Fright and his army reaches our doorstep, he won't just take over this city, he'll go after the refugees at Smoky Mountains. So our mission right now is to defend Vanhoover while letting a detachment of LR soldiers escort the refugees away from the Smoky Mountains and bring them onboard the airships that my recon teams have hijacked from the enemy encampments outside of the city. I do need two teams of escorts to lead the refugees away from Vanhoover all the way to the Everfree Forest and at Hollow Shades. We already established hidden fortifications there and Commander Spitfire will be protecting the refugees at Hollow Shades. As soon as all of the evacuees left the city, my main force will fall back to the Luna Bay where our naval ships will be waiting for us there. The moment we leave, we'll sail down to the South Luna Ocean and make our way to the Everfree Forest to setup base there. WHO'S WITH ME??!!!"

After hearing Daring Do's plan, they all decided to form up into three divisions. As soon as they're done organizing the groups, it comes down with this: Daring Do, Rarity, and Fluttershy will be leading the main force to defend Vanhoover until all refugees are evacuated. As for Lyra and Sweetie Drops, they decided to help the refugees escape Vanhoover and fly to one of the evacuating airship heading straight towards Hollow Shades. After they're done, the mint unicorn and the tan earth pony will be leading a detachment of L.R warriors and head down to the Manehattan's underbelly where they'll continue with their operations in saving the people from Majesty's tyranny.


Meanwhile, at the Unicorn Range, Bane Fright's army reaches the main passageway leading to the city of Vanhoover. Before they could proceed any further, one of his Changeling scouts, Dark Scissors, arrived to make his report to the Unicornian Captain.

"My Lord, we've successfully jammed all communications at the Vanhoover Radio Station. All witness are eliminated." Dark Scissors said in a cackling, sinister tone. "We also caught a full glimpse of the Element Bearers of Kindness and Generosity in our sights. Also, Daring Do is planning to get the citizens of Vanhoover out of there."

"I see. Well, let's not waste any more time men. We still need to capture as many citizens as possible to be used as slaves for our new government at Canterlot. Also, Majesty is offering a 5,000 bit reward to any pony that brings any of the Element Bearers of Harmony to us. Even though that purple harlot tyrant is gone, her friends still pose a threat to our very existence. We won't let them stand in our way any longer. NOW PREPARE TO ATTACK VANHOOVER!!! Lead my army up to the battlements!!"

"FORWARD!!!" Dark Scissors said while shouting out orders to the Changeling Insurgents and to the Unicornian Soldiers.

"LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!" One of the Unicornian Officers shouted at the top of his lungs.

With just one wave of his hoof, Dark Scissors sends in the first wave of troops to attack the Vanhoover garrisons. Upon seeing them advance towards their position, Daring Do ordered some of her men to get ready to fire their the catapults. At the Vanhoover garrisons, there was a long line of small trenches filled up saddlebags used as cover from incoming enemy fire. In front of their trenches, Daring's men had setup up land mines to reduce the invaders from charging forward. As soon as the LR soldiers loaded up their catapults, they all waited until Daring gives out order to fire at will. For Rarity and Fluttershy, Rarity was stationed at the trenches defending the eastern outskirts of Vanhoover. Fluttershy, on the other hand was deployed with a nearby catapult team a couple of meters away from Rarity. Upon seeing the invaders advance forward, the yellow pegasus could not help but feel very worried about how this counter-attack would turn out. When the other LR soldiers noticed Fluttershy shaking in fear, one of them patted on her back, telling her to take it easy.

Unbeknownst to the Unicornian soldiers, Daring Do ordered some of her men to tag the ground with red spray paints, as a method of marking where will they fire their catapults at. As soon as several Unicornian Soldiers got closer to the red spray paint markings, Daring Do makes her first order out on to the battlefield.

"Catapult team 1, FIRE!!!!" Daring shouted as she drew out her machete and waved it towards the oncoming invaders.

After hearing Daring Do, the first catapult team hurled a satchel with a lit up fuse at the invaders. Upon impact, the satchel exploded into a huge fireball sending a small score of Unicornian Soldiers flying above the ground and landing on their backs, dead. At the second paint marking, Daring Do ordered another catapult team to fire. When the next satchel exploded upon impact, three Changeling Insurgents were burned alive before they hit the ground. As for the rest of the first wave of enemies, a couple of Unicornian soldiers and Changelings stepped onto the land mines and had their limbs blown off from their bodies, while some of them exploded into a bloody chunk of body parts. As the invaders reached another spray mark, Daring Do issued at firing volley from the guard towers near the Vanhoover entrance.

"Rifle ponies, FIRE!!!" Daring Do shouted.

The moment Daring's men fired their musket rifles, some of their bullets struck the invaders in the head. The Unicornians that got shot by musket fire fell on their backs dead on the ground. Upon seeing most of his men fall like tumbling rocks, Bane Fright grunted in frustration that his first wave of soldiers aren't getting very far.

"ARRGH. YOU WORTHLESS WEAKLINGS. GET THE BUCK UP AND SALLY FORTH!!!" Bane Fright shouted in anger before turning towards Dark Scissors. "Dark Scissors, let's go get the Wreckers!!!"

After hearing what Bane Fright just said, the Changelings and the Unicornians went to the rear flanks of the rest of the battalion and brought forth the Captain's secret weapon. Upon hearing Dark Scissor's whistling, a squadron of Wreckers appeared out of the battalion. They happened to be huge Black train-like metal tanks were moving forward on rotating tracks. Upon seeing the metal tanks closer, they were armed with a small gatling gun on the metal compactor's right side and a 15mm Battle Cannon on the tank's left side. On top of the metal tanks, they had a short, tower-like turret that has a small satellite dish in the back. One of the tanks has Bane Fright standing right on top of the turret, glaring at Daring's defensive perimeter from a distance. Despite the land mines that were emplaced in front of Bane Fright's battalion, his metal tanks were able to dig out explosives from the ground with their huge bull dozer shields, making them explode from the ground, not coming into contact with any pony.

Back at Vanhoover's garrison, Rarity started hearing some rumbling noises coming from the east. As the fashionista took out her telescope, she sees a couple of metal tanks, armed with weapons, heading straight for them. Before Rarity could warn Daring Do of this new attack, the tanks opened fire, unleashing a barrage of bullets and 15mm shells upon the battlements. In less than two minutes, a score of Daring's men got shot at, including several of the catapult teams. However, Fluttershy was able to jump ship away from her post and jumped inside the trench with her stomach flat on the ground. As soon as the yellow pegasus got up, she saw the main battalion advancing towards them with their metal tanks in front. As soon as Daring Do saw what was going on now, she takes out her megaphone and blurts out a full retreat into the city streets.

"Every pony, fall back!!!" Daring Do shouted through her megaphone. "Fall back to the city streets!!!"

As Daring's men came out of their trenches, some of the LR unicorns raised their shields to protect themselves from enemy fire coming from the enemy tanks. For Rarity and Fluttershy, they both fled back immediately, with Rarity protecting both of them with her magical gem shield.


Back at the Smoky Mountains, Lyra and Sweetie Drops were redirecting the refugees onboard the airships outside of the caves there. Despite so many violent rumblings and explosions coming from Vanhoover, the two ponies, along with a small detachment of LR soldiers, continued to have the refugees move on, convincing them that there is nothing to worry about. As the evacuations towards the other unconquered areas of Equestria, they did not notice that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo weren't anywhere amongst the evacuating crowd.

On the other side of the evacuation, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo got lost along the way to the evacuation area. It was during the time that the two fillies had to go use the restroom when the refugees starting getting onboard their evacuating airships. Before they knew it, the little pegasus and the little unicorn found themselves in an unknown area at the Smoky Mountains, away from the evacuation area.

"We are we?!" Sweetie Belle asked as she felt a chill crawling down her spine.

"I-I don't know, Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo asked while shaking in fear. "But something tells me that we're not alone."

Before the two fillies even knew what was going on, they were immediately grabbed from behind and stuffed inside a burlap bag by an unknown stalker. As the little fillies started struggling and made muffled screaming, the stalker lifted up the burlap bag and carried it on her soldier.

"Quiet you little brats!!!" The pony stalker said in a sinister voice. "You two are going to be my Trump card in capturing one of the element bearers of Harmony."

"Black Scythe, what are you doing?" Bane Fright shouted through the stalker's ear bud.

"I've got something that'll lure the Elements of Kindness and Generosity out in the open. I'm getting sick and tired of letting those ponies escape from my grip." Black Scythe said, reply to her contact through the ear bud. "So, this time I'm going to try something foolproof!!!"


Back at Vanhoover's city streets, several squads of Daring Do's men popped out from their hidden pillboxes and struck at the advancing Unicornian soldiers from let and right, surprising and confusing them. As for Rarity, she drew out dual war axes and started hacking at every oncoming invader in her path. On enemy soldier attempted to do a vertical slash with his sword. Unfortunately, he was met with parry with Rarity's left axe and with a clean chop on his forehead with her right axe. After he fell on the ground dead, Rarity made a horizontal chop at the second soldier, beheading him in the process. As the 2nd dead soldier fell on his back headless, a 3rd soldier came out from the warring sides and lunged at Rarity with his spear. Upon seeing the spear heading straight for her, Rarity did a side-step to the left and hacked the enemy soldier in the back with her left ax.

After the 3rd soldier went down like a sack of potatoes, Fluttershy appeared from Rarity's right and smashed one of the soldiers with a huge boulder of rubble that she retrieved from one of the wrecked buildings in the city streets. On Fluttershy's left she saw a Changeling Insurgent charging forward with its horn lighting up in a green aura. Upon seeing the changeling in her sights, the yellow pegasus dodged its horn and the moment the changeling turned around to continue attacking her, Fluttershy gave him a very frightening glare that made the insect back off. After staring at the changeling for several seconds, the yellow pegasus grabbed him by the neck and twisted it with sheer force, ending his life span in a heart beat. Behind Fluttershy, a Unicornian Soldier took out his chain and attempted to strangle the life out of the yellow pegasus. However, before he even got any closer to Fluttershy, the yellow pegasus reacted with one swift, ducking motion. Before he even had a chance to look down, Fluttershy threw an upper-cut punch at the soldier's chin, sending him flying straight up into the sky, with his blood spilling out from his mouth. Another Changeling flew into Fluttershy's path and started shooting out a green magic beam at her. Without hesitation, the yellow pegasus picked up a nearby tower shield, from one of the dead soldiers on the battlefield, and rammed the Changeling head on, smashing his nose before he fell on the ground, whimpering in pain.

As for Daring Do and her men, they started firing anti-tank rifles at the Unicornian Wreckers in Vanhoover's city streets. After most of the enemy tanks were destroyed, some of Daring's men went after the surviving enemy tank crews during the fight in Vanhoover. Daring took out her whip and attacked the Unicornian soldiers head on. At the crack of her whip, Daring lashed out at a nearby Unicornian guard, grabbing him by his left hoof, and hurled him straight back at the advancing invaders up front. When another guard attempted to attack Daring with a battle axe, the female pegasus leaned forward and, by the time the guard got closer to her, Daring lifted herself back up and flipped the guard over her back. Before the guard had the chance to get back up, Daring used her whip to wrap the guard's neck and threw him right on top of a group of Changeling Insurgents. In an instant, Daring took out her two revolvers with her wings and started shooting down a score of Changelings and Unicornians from both sides at every angle. Before they had a chance to return fire, Daring flew up into the sky and lashed out her whip at a enemy unicorn Tank Commander, who was on top of one of the Unicornian Wreckers. As soon as he felt the whip wrap around his neck, the Tank Commander started grunted in pain while struggling to break himself free. Just when Daring was able to strangle him to death, the Tank Commander used his magic to pull out a handgun from his holster and started aiming at the female pegasus on sight. Before the Tank Commander had any chance to shoot at Daring Do, the female pegasus threw her whip at a nearby Wrecker Tank that was right neck to him. The end of the whip got caught onto the axles inside the tank thread. Despite his efforts of breaking himself free, the Tank Commander got dragged off of his own tank and was pulled straight into the other Wrecker's tank thread. In less than a second, the Tank Commander let out a blood-curdling scream before his head got crushed into a bloody pulp by the Wrecker's tank thread, silencing him forever.

After fending off the invaders for 20 minutes, Daring Do received word from her ear bud that all of Vanhoover's citizens are successfully evacuated. Upon hearing this, Daring Do ordered her men to head to the escape boats for an immediate departure. However, before Rarity and Fluttershy were able to reach the evacuation area to meet up with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, they found themselves surrounded by several Unicornian soldiers with their spears pointing straight at them. Before Rarity or Fluttershy had a chance to fight their way to the evacuation area, Black Scythe appeared from behind the Unicornian soldiers. The moment Black stopped, she dragged out Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo who are both chained up and gagged. Upon seeing the fillies in danger, Rarity's and Fluttershy's eyes widened with terror, fearing for the safety of their little filly friends.

"Drop your weapons or say goodbye to these little brats!!!" Black Scythe hissed as she took out her dagger and held it up to Sweetie Belle's throat.

Behind Black Scythe, Captain Bane Fright appeared and gave Rarity and Fluttershy an evil smirk.

"If you don't want your sister and her friend die right now, you better do what she says or else!!!" Bane Fright sneered.

In just a few seconds, Rarity slowly lowered her axes on the ground before raising both of her hooves up. Suddenly without warning, the unicorn fashionista and the yellow pegasus were forced to their knees by the Unicornian soldiers behind them. However, before they could tie up Fluttershy, after they tied up Rarity, the yellow pegasus zoomed straight past the Unicornians and knocked Black Scythe out with just one punch to the face before disappearing into the city streets.
As for Rarity, she bid one finally goodbye to her yellow pegasus friend before getting taken away.

"Goodbye, Fluttershy." Rarity muttered as tears came out of her eyes. "May the glory of Queen Faust protect you."

After making her speech, one of Black's men knocked her out with the shaft of the spear before taking her away onto Black's airship. As for Black Scythe, Dark Scissors gave her a wake up call after they brought their unconscious commanding officer onboard the airship.

"Finally, got the Element of Generosity in our hooves." Black Scythe said out of relief, while her head was still spinning from her recent concussion. "Send word to Queen Majesty. Tell her that we have finally capture Rarity in Vanhoover."


On the other side of Vanhoover, away from the battlefield, Fluttershy finds herself taking a breather at a nearby alleyway near the main entrance of the city. As peaked out of the alleyway, Fluttershy saw several of Daring's warriors publicly executed onto the streets. While covering up her mouth, Fluttershy flew to the Smoky Mountains and hitched a ride with one of the evacuating airships, along with Zecora and Nurse Redheart. As soon as Fluttershy went onboard, she started sobbing in her hooves after seeing so many of her friends disappear before her very eyes. First it started off with Twilight Sparkle, the very same friend that she was close too, then with Discord, Rainbow Dash, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and now with Rarity. It just makes think that even though Fluttershy was able to escape her enemies before they closed in on her, she could not help but think about how many more of her friends will be taken away from her before the civil war will end.

"Twilight! Rarity! Rainbow Dash! Discord! Sweetie Belle! Why do they all have to leave me??" Fluttershy wailed to herself. "Why do they have to suffer the worst??! Why???"

Before Fluttershy could continue sobbing any more, she felt the entire airship rumble violently. As soon as she went outside on deck to see what was going on, the airship was getting bombarded by the Wrecker's gatling cannons from below. Upon seeing this, most of the refugees started screaming and running for their lives onboard their airship, while the crew members are struggling to take evasive action. Unfortunately, despite their efforts, one the Wreckers was able to shoot at the airship's engines, making the flying contraption fall from the sky and plummeted straight into the forests west of Ponyville. Not wanting to get captured by the enemy after surviving the crash, Fluttershy unfurls her wings, grabs a nearby hot-air balloon with a set of ropes wrapped around her waist. In less than a minute, Fluttershy had Zecora and Redheart onboard the hot-air balloon and flew out of the airship with them. After seeing the airship crash into the forests outside of Ponyville, Flutteshy continued to fly to the east with Zecora and Redheart in tow, hopefully she will be able to find her friends that haven't been captured yet.