• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 7 Comments

The Revenge of the Bluebloods - efug25g



When the civil war began, Unicornia makes its move while Equestria's heroes struggled to fight back but without each other by their side.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,243

Apocalyptic Odyssey

Two days ago, Trixie was at the Palace Courtyard performing another show revolving around her magic tricks. At first, many of the ponies got pretty annoyed by her performance for showing off. However, Trixie still wanted to improve her performances with the help of her new friend and great and powerful assistant, Starlight Glimmer. Even though they did their best to win their admiration, Trixie and Starlight could not help but feel alone without Princess Twilight helping them out with some advice. Not that it matters anymore, they both still wanted to pay Twilight their respects after doing magic performances every year. All of that began to change when Trixie went to use the fillies restroom after another day of doing another magic fireworks performance in the Palace Courtyard.

By the time Trixie was done, the light-blue unicorn heard some rumblings and explosions occur outside of the Palace Courtyard. As soon as Trixie went out of the Courtyard to see what was going on, several mid-air explosions started erupting in a distance, most of it was coming from the Main gate. Before Trixie could do anything, the Royal Sisters issued an evacuation protocol to help all citizens of Canterlot escape their doom. Just when Trixie went back to the Palace Courtyard to get her wagon full of stuff, the entire palace went under complete lockdown. The moment Trixie got close to the palace entrance, the Royal Guards stopped her from proceeding further and was ordered to head to the evacuation sites.

"Trixie doesn't even know what is going on out there!!" The light-blue unicorn muttered to herself as she went to the evacuation area.

As she waiting in line, Trixie is starting to worry that she may not be able to escape before Canterlot is razed to the ground from whatever is attacking the city. During her time at the evacuation, Trixie heard more explosions coming closer every hour. The next thing Trixie saw was airships floating above Canterlot, dropping unidentified pony soldiers from above. The moment the unknown soldiers landed at the city streets, Trixie's eyes widened with horror as she sees them attack innocent ponies left and right. Not wanting to stand around any longer, Trixie casted a teleportation spell on herself, making her disappear from plain sight.

Somewhere outside of Canterlot, Trixie reappeared in a nearby forest, leaving most of her supplies and wizard stuff inside her wagon behind. After taking a few deep breaths from running away from the impeding destruction at Canterlot, Trixie finally came up with one decision in her head.

"Trixie may not understand why those weirdos are attacking Canterlot." Trixie said to herself as she made her way down the road. "Whatever it was, Trixie does not want to get killed out there. Trixie may need to find a safe place to hide. But first, Trixie must find her best friend and assistant to make sure she's doing okay."

As Trixie went down the road, she remembers that her friend, Starlight Glimmer, lives in a secluded village that lies east of Canterlot. Hopefully, as soon as Trixie enters Starlight's village, she'll be able to warn her friend of this invasion in no time. Unfortunately, Trixie runs into a squad of unidentified soldiers clad in black armor. Without warning, the soldiers opened fire upon the light-blue unicorn. As Trixie was getting shot at, she made a run for it, leaving behind a smoke bomb that is still in her pouch, in which she still has hanging over her neck like a sling. The moment the smoke disappear, the soldiers were confused in not knowing where Trixie went. While they're confused, Trixie was hiding inside a tree for a couple of minutes before they left to search for her in the woods. When the soldiers finally disappeared, Trixie came out of her hiding place, sweating out of fear for her safety.

"That was close." Trixie said while trying to catch her breath after getting attacked. "Trixie must know what she is up against. Otherwise, there's no telling how long Trixie will survive out there."

After taking a 5-hour trek down the forest, Trixie sees more unidentified soldiers patrolling the area. Not wanting to get caught again, Trixie hid from behind tree to tree and bush to bush. Because she doesn't have her wagon to rest inside in, Trixie will have no choice but to hide underneath the trees, just to evade the soldiers and the wild animals that prowl around the forest. Unfortunately, every time Trixie spends the night alone out there, she keeps hearing the howls of Timberwolves from left and right. What's worse is that Trixie was forcing herself to stay on guard making sure that no wild animals or soldiers would sneak up on her. For just two days, Trixie was forced to survive out in the wilderness, with no chance of making contact with the outside world. As soon as Trixie made it out of the forest, the light-blue unicorn sees more invading airships flying all over the rest of the land of Equestria. Upon seeing this, it made Trixie worry about what will happened to her friend Starlight Glimmer if they ever see her in their sights. Not wanting to waste any more time, Trixie went down the hill to head towards the village that Stalight lives in.

Unfortunately, by the time Trixie arrived at Starlight's village, it was a total ghost town. The moment Trixie got closer to the village, it was completely deserted and wrecked. Houses were half destroyed, with smoke billowing from the inside. Windows were shattered. Small craters were seen all over the village. Upon seeing the village uninhabitable, Trixie wasn't able to come up with anything to say.

As soon as she made her way into Starlight's house, Trixie slowly opens up the door, revealing a complete darkness inside the building. The moment Trixie stepped in and turned on the lights, she saw something that caught her off guard and made her shiver to the bones, with her eyes widened with shock and horror. Inside Starlight's house, Trixie saw Graffiti, blood stains, and dead pony carcasses all over the place. Upon smelling the terrible stench from the dead ponies, Trixie vomited on the wooden floor. The moment she was done vomiting, Trixie looked up to see what the Graffiti said on the interior walls of Starlight's house.

Unicornia Rules!

Long live Queen Majesty Blueblood!!!

Princess Twilight Sparkle stinks, May she rot in TARTARUS!!!

Death to the False Princesses of Equestria!!!

The New Order of Traditionalists Shall Rise!!!

After reading most of the Graffiti on the wall, Trixie could not help but figure out what really happened in Starlight's village. Before she could investigate this gruesome scene, a newspaper flew right into Trixie's face from behind. As Trixie used her magic to grab the newspaper and read it.

Civil War has been declared by Unicornia!!

Upon reading the recent news headlines, Trixie couldn't believe what was happening out there. Judging from what it says from the newspaper, Trixie figured that she needs to find a safe place to hide before she gets caught up in this so-called Civil War. As she looked around the village one more time, Trixie just realized that Starlight Glimmer's body was nowhere to be found. Believing that Starlight is still out there, Trixie went to an abandoned marketplace in the village to get another wagon and stock up on food and supplies. As soon as Trixie is done, she was able to get a tent, three crates of fruits and veggies, a map of Equestria, and a silver wizard's staff. Before Trixie was able to move on, she heard a male earth pony struggling to get up from barricaded house on her right. Just when Trixie came closer, she just realized that it was Double Diamond, one of Starlight Glimmer's friends in the village. Before Trixie could say anything, Diamond saw the light-blue unicorn on sight but not before he drew out a spear pointing directly at her.

"STAY BACK!!! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!!!" Double Diamond shrieked as he was struggling to hold onto his spear while pointing at Trixie Lulamoon.

"It's okay, Double Diamond. Its just the great and powerful Trixie trying to investigate on what happened to this village before moving on." Trixie said trying to calm the frightened earth pony colt down.

"T-Trixie?!!" Double Diamond asked, finally coming to his senses. "You're not one of them are you??"

"You mean the Unicornians? No, I'm not." Trixie responded with sheer honesty.

"Oh, thank Faust!!" Diamond acknowledged as he finally put his spear away before turning around to let the others know about Trixie coming here. "Guys, you all can come out now. It's just Trixie Lulamoon."

Upon hearing what Double Diamond said, three more ponies came out from Diamond's hiding place. The moment the other ponies revealed themselves, Trixie all recognized them as Party Favor, Sugar Belle, and Night Glider.

"My apologizes, Trixie." Diamond said with remorse. "We thought you were one of Majesty's spies running amok in our village."

"Trixie wants to know what happened here?" Trixie asked Double Diamond. "And more importantly, the great and powerful Trixie wants to know what happened to her best friend Starlight Glimmer!!"

After a few seconds of silence, Diamond took a deep breath before explaining what happened in this village, two days ago.......

Two days earlier, at the crack of dawn, Diamond went out of his house to start another bright new day. Unfortunately, this time it wasn't a peaceful day at all. Instead, just when Starlight came out of her house, still suffering for not saving her mentor, Princess Twilight, from her demise. Despite her suffering, Starlight was still trying to find ways on how to turn back time to save Twilight from being assassinated. Before he could see Starlight go back to her house, a barrage of explosions started erupting all over the village, creating small craters in the area. In an instant, the ponies in Starlight's Village started panicking and screaming as they ran desperately for their lives. However, the worse is still yet to come. An army of Changeling Insurgents lead by Queen Cicada and Unicornian Soldiers led by Black Scythe came storming through the village, pillaging and looting houses, killing and capturing ponies on sight, and setting buildings on fire. As for Double Diamond, Night Glider, Sugar Belle, and Party Favor, they all fled back into their house and barricaded the entire building before hiding underneath the basement. Before he went down to the basement, Double Diamond saw Starlight Glimmer charging through the ranks of the Changelings and the Unicornians on sight. However, after several minutes of fighting them, Starlight was badly outnumbered from a hundred to one. Before Starlight could see what was coming, one of the changelings zapped her with a tazer spell. As a result, the female unicorn collapsed on the ground unconscious while the Changelings restrained her. The last thing they ever saw from Starlight Glimmer was that the Changelings and the Unicornians took her inside a prison wagon and hauled her away from the village, disappearing from plain view.

"And that was the last we ever saw from Starlight Glimmer." Double Diamond explained to the light-blue unicorn.

After hearing what Diamond just said, Trixie Lulamoon decided to go rescue Starlight Glimmer from the invaders in Equestria.

"Trixie just wanted to know where did those changelings and Unicornian soldiers took Starlight Glimmer to." Trixie asked Diamond in a 3rd person view.

"There is an enemy encampment up north where they're planning to lay a siege upon the Crystal Empire." Diamond spoke, answering Trixie's question. "It's possible that Starlight Glimmer is being held there against her own will."

"Thank you, Diamond." Trixie said acknowledging what the white earth pony said.

As Trixie left Starlight's decimated village, the light-blue unicorn continues the search for her friend Starlight Glimmer, which lies somewhere at the Crystal Wastelands outside of the Crystal Empire. After 5 more days of searching the Crystal Wastelands from high and low, Trixie eventually spotted a Changeling Encampment operating at a Crystal Mountain 500 miles away from the Crystal Empire during the afternoon. As Trixie snuck closer to the enemy encampment, she spotted the pale-purple unicorn in a large cage right next to one of the Changeling Tents. Not wanting to get caught by her one-pony rescue mission, Trixie used an invisibility spell on herself so that none of the Changelings would spot her. As soon as it's nighttime, Trixie silently snuck closer to the cage that Starlight Glimmer was in. When Trixie got closer, she sees only one Changeling standing on guard near Starlight Glimmer, letting the rest of the other Changelings sleep inside their tents. Before Trixie got any closer, she spotted a crude sword on a weapon rack nearby one of the tents. Just when Trixie grabbed it with her magic, she snuck up behind the Changeling Guard and stabbed him from the back, killing him before he had a chance to make a sound. After Trixie lowered the Changeling's corpse onto the Crystal ground quietly, she took out the keys from the dead Changeling and unlocked the cage that Starlight Glimmer was in. The moment the cage door opened, Starlight looked up to see Trixie Lulamoon appeared before her.

"Trixie?? How did you......?" Starlight asked as she woke up from her sleep before her speech was silenced by Trixie's hoof.

"It's a long story, Starlight." Trixie said briefly. "Right now, we have to get out of here and find a safe place to hide in, okay?"

Upon hearing what Trixie wanted her to do, Starlight nodded in silence before she and Trixie made their way out of the Changeling Encampment. After they left the encampment, the two unicorns fled into the Crystal Mountains and casted an illusion spell to make sure they're not seen inside the caves. During the time inside the abandoned Crystal Cave, Trixie made a small campfire with her magic, while Starlight Glimmer was trying to get some shut eye. Before Starlight could sleep, she could not help but worry of what will happen to Sunburst during the civil war. Because of Unicornian invading Equestria, Starlight was afraid that if they ever take over the Crystal Empire, they might try to capture and enslave her colt-friend Sunburst. After hearing what Starlight just said, Trixie decided to plan to make their way to the Crystal Empire first thing in the morning. Feeling relieved that Trixie just saved her, Starlight came up and hugged Trixie in her hooves while thanking her for what Trixie did just now. After their embrace, Trixie and Starlight both decided to get some sleep.

As soon as Trixie woke up, she notices that Starlight Glimmer was nowhere to be seen. Afraid that Starlight is going to get caught again, Trixie desperately tried to search around the cave that she and Starlight are in. Unfortunately, Trixie could not find her friend anywhere. However, by the time Trixie packed up and headed out of her cave, she spotted the Crystal Empire coming under siege from a distance away. As Trixie looked closer at the city, she saw distant explosions, crystal buildings caught on fire, and an army of Changeling Insurgents storming through the streets of the Crystal Empire. After thinking about what Starlight just said about Sunburst, something finally came up inside Trixie's little head. Trixie concluded that the moment Starlight saw the Crystal Empire come under siege, she must've left immediately to find and rescue Sunburst. Not wanting to stand around for Starlight Glimmer to get captured again, Trixie teleported herself out of the caves in the Crystal Mountains and finds herself on the road leading straight to the Crystal Empire before making a run towards the city.


Back to the Present......

"And that's what the Great and Powerful Trixie did before saving her great and powerful assistant Starlight Glimmer twice." Trixie said in a prideful tone.

"Well, I'm not getting it, Trixie," Rainbow Dash said not seeing the point from the light-blue unicorn. "How did you get past Cicada's minions when they ran rampart all over the Crystal Empire?"

"Despite their numbers, the Great and Powerful Trixie used a smoke bomb at the entrance before teleporting herself away from the main entrance of the Crystal Empire." Trixie explained further.

"Well, I still didn't explained what happened when the civil war reached to the Crystal Empire." Shinning Armor said to the rest of the group.

"Do you know where our parents were when Unicornia attacked, BBBFF?" Twilight asked her elder brother.

"It all began when I got out of bed to start a new day at the Crystal Empire......." Shinning said as he is about to begin his story during the civil war.