• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 847 Views, 16 Comments

Journal of Occasional Nonsensicality - Acryliks



Ponies usually don't make sense. And yet here I am, trying to make friends with them. Surprising? Mayhaps...

  • ...
1
 16
 847

Next year will be better!

“Did you happen to see an energetic pink mare bouncing around the castle grounds?” my roommate thought aloud as she stepped into our apartment.

“Yeah, she was all over the place! I could hardly keep my eyes on her before she shot off to Celestia knows where,” I said, pulling the dark purple shades from in front of my eyes. I threw them on the coffee table as I rounded the corner into the kitchen.

“There were a few instances where I was completely shocked at the kind of things that she was capable of,” I heard Octavia call as she sat down on the couch in the living room. I swung open the door to the fridge, my eyes scanning the shelves for something to drink. I eventually settled on pouring myself a glass of milk.

“Like what?” I responded.

“Well… at one point, when I was able to get a longer look at her, she... seemingly pulled a large plate of food from out of her mane,”

“Out of her mane. Like…” I trailed off as I set the milk down on the counter, a glass levitating out of the cupboard and settling next to me.

“I know, confusing. I had no way of really knowing what she did, or how she managed to hide something like that so perfectly,” she told me. I brought the glass up to my mouth, cleansing my pallet and quenching my thirst at the same time.

“How do you think that even works? Like... how does she fit stuff like that in there without anyone seeing it?” I asked as I wiped my “milk mustache” off of my lip. I heard the sounds of a cello case opening, the locks making their trademark “clicks.”

“That was something that I had been wondering myself. With the way she seemingly avoids the basic laws of science, especially with the way she moves... perhaps it’s best not to think about it,” Octavia told me as she pulled her cello from its case. I stealthily slid the glass I had used into the sink, and placed the milk back into the fridge.

“You know, Princess Celestia seemed quite entertained by all of the shenanigans that she managed to get herself into,” Octavia told me. I let out a hearty laugh.

“Ha! Sometimes I wonder if she even cares about the Gala. She always looks bored when she’s there,” I thought aloud.

“Hm, maybe you can see it they’d let you play one of your sets there next year,” she told me with a smile. I thought for a moment, before my jaw dropped open. Octavia noticed my expression immediately.

“Vinyl, I was only kidding. There’s no way that they’d let you-”

She didn’t have time to finish her thought. I had a set to compile for next year. It had to be perfect, of course!

Author's Note:

Set after one of the many Gala's that happen every year or so.