• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 847 Views, 16 Comments

Journal of Occasional Nonsensicality - Acryliks



Ponies usually don't make sense. And yet here I am, trying to make friends with them. Surprising? Mayhaps...

  • ...
1
 16
 847

Pearly Whites

“Excuse me, are you... Danny?”

I looked up from my book to see a nurse standing in front of me. I glanced past her, only to see Vinyl with a large goofy look on her face. I lowered my head and sighed, taking a moment to gather my thoughts.

“Yep, that’s me! I assume Vinyl is ready to leave...?” I asked, smiling at the nurse with an understanding look.

“Yes, she’s all done today, and ready for some rest,” she said, looking back to Vinyl as she did.

“Ah... pfffpfpt... I don’t need rest, I need ice cream!” Vinyl yelled out. The nurse ducked under her hoof as she waved it through the air. The nurse pulled on my shirt, and I bent down to listen to her.

“She’s coming down from a new type of anesthesia that the EDA is using, so she’ll be like this for a few more hours while it wears off,” she whispered to me. I thought back to the research I had done before this to know what I was getting myself into, and I nodded my thanks.

“Alright, come on champ, it’s time to go,” I told Vinyl as I guided her towards the door of the dentists office.

“...good luck!” the nurse called out. I looked back at her with a half-smile on my face.

“Good luck to you too! You’ll need it!” Vinyl called back, before I ushered her out of the office.

“Hey man, whadd’ya in such a hurry for? Relax... just go with the flow...” Vinyl told me, practically falling over as she did.

Oh, sorry, I can't. I have... rehearsal. I have a rehearsal to attend. You don't mind taking her, right?

I briefly cursed Octavia in my mind for giving me the short stick.

“And I thought anesthesia was supposed to make you loopy, not high...” I murmured to myself.

“Whad’ja say?” Vinyl asked me.

“I said... that... ice cream is a great idea,” I lied. I didn’t want to see what Vinyl would be like if she got upset now.

“Now that’s... that’s the, uh... the spirit,” Vinyl stumbled, being distracted by a butterfly that had passed us by.

“Come on Vinyl, don’t you want to go to Swirl’s? We’d better get there before they run out of Mint Chocolate,” I coerced Vinyl away from the butterfly. I saw her ears perk up, before she slowly turned around. She looked at me, eyes twitching.

“I, uh... they probably won’t actually run out of it...” I backtracked.

“Not this time!” Vinyl yelled as she ran past me, breaking out into a sprint towards Swirl’s ice cream shop.

“God...” I sighed as I took off after her.

Next time, Octavia is taking Vinyl to the dentist...