• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 847 Views, 16 Comments

Journal of Occasional Nonsensicality - Acryliks



Ponies usually don't make sense. And yet here I am, trying to make friends with them. Surprising? Mayhaps...

  • ...
1
 16
 847

Breaking and Entering

“Well, I can’t say that I’m surprised that you of all ponies got yourself into this situation,” I said aloud as I looked at the door to Vinyl and Octavia’s home.

“Ha ha ha, shut up,” Vinyl responded to me as she paced back and forth.

We were standing on the stone path that was outside of my friend’s house. Vinyl had stepped outside to do... something, and in the process closed the door behind herself without unlocking it. The keys were inside, and of course, Vinyl didn’t have any other way of getting back into the house. Not unless we got... creative.

Or... not creative...

“I don’t suppose you have any genius ideas as to how we can get back inside, do you?” she asked, turning to me with an eyebrow raised. I glanced up at the windows that were on the second floor of the house.

“I don’t know, you don’t happen to be carrying a ladder on you, do you?” I asked her.

“Ah, what a surprise, I don’t. Sorry, I guess I left it inside!” she yelled to me. I snickered to her.

“Well we aren’t going to get anything done by being smart-asses... though I guess that’s how you’ve made it this far, so maybe I should try it sometime,”

“You’re already really good at it, you don’t need to try anything except for getting us back inside,” she quipped.

“What about the back kitchen door? Is that open?” I asked hopefully. Vinyl thought for a moment.

“I actually don’t know. It should be, I’ll go try it,” she told me, before turning and disappearing behind the side of the house. I walked up to the window on the front of the house, only to find that it was sealed with no way to open it. That’s probably what the other windows were for.

“It’s locked too. I guess Octavia always locks that one, now that I think about it,” she thought aloud.

“...does she keep a key on her?” I asked. Vinyl nodded to me.

“Yep, in her saddlebag, why?” she questioned me. I crossed my arms and smiled.

“You know, we don’t need to stay here. We could go and do something else and wait for her to come home. I think it’s around two, so she should be home in... a few hours? Four, right?”

“Yeah, she comes home at four usually. Where would we go, though?”

“I mean... Donut Joe’s is always open late. We could go and hang out there for a while,”

“I... well... that’s not a bad idea, actually. I don’t feel like waiting here, and climbing on the roof does not look appealing. Eh... screw it, let’s go,” Vinyl told me, turning towards the restaurant section of Canterlot.

I’m sure Octavia would be confused as to where we went, but hey, she can’t complain. I was bringing her free donuts!

Author's Note:

Written after I gave myself a random prompt.

"How would you break into your own house?"

I wouldn't. I would leave and wait for someone to come home. Lazy? Yes, but if I can go and get coffee, I don't see why I would stick around! :rainbowlaugh: