• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 847 Views, 16 Comments

Journal of Occasional Nonsensicality - Acryliks



Ponies usually don't make sense. And yet here I am, trying to make friends with them. Surprising? Mayhaps...

  • ...
1
 16
 847

Hotel? Trivago.

"How much did you say it was a night for the first one?" Vinyl asked me.

"Which first one? The Golden Blossom or the... Radishson?" I called across the room.

"Uh... the first one."

"Ha! It's, uh... one hundred forty five bits a night," I told her with a laugh as I scanned the hotel's page in this months edition of Equestria Abroad.

We were pla... actually, I was planning a trip to Baltimare for another convention when Vinyl had promptly showed up, invited herself, and involved herself in the booking process.

Now, of course she had gone and told Octavia what the plan was, and of course, she also told Octavia that I had told Vinyl to invite Octavia along. Was this really an issue? No, of course not. Did I wish we would have talked about it first? Yes, of course I did.

"Man, that's not that bad. Hey... here we go!" she exclaimed.

"What? What did you find?" I asked.

"There's this place called... Paint Pony Lodge, like... 10 minutes away from the con. It's a hundred and thirteen a night, eight and a half stars, free breakfast... uhhhhh... and the best part is that it's a suite. One bed room with two queens, a kitchenette, full bath... I don't know man, this one seems alright," she read aloud. I tilted my head at all of the information.

"All of that for how much!? Let me see that book," I told Vinyl as I rolled across her room on my swivel chair. Grabbing the book from her, I glanced over the page.

"...full amenities, nothing loud nearby... how can this kind of a place be so cheap? Cheap relative to what they're offering," I said, glancing over at my friend. She raised her forelegs, shrugging her answer at me.

"Hey man, if it works, let's grab it!" Vinyl told me.

"Yeah... this might be it," I nodded slowly. There was only one thing that had me moderately concerned.

"The only thing that I can see is that there's one bedroom. Is that, like..." I trailed off. Vinyl stared at me, waiting for me to continue.

"...an issue?" I spoke.

"Why would it be?" Vinyl asked back.

"I don't know, you're both girls... don't you need, like... privacy?"

"Privacy... for..."

"I don't know... girl things!"

"Oh, right, those things! Yeah, you're right. Tavi and I are going to have some wild nights, lemme tell ya!" Vinyl practically yelled.

"Yeah?" I challenged.

"No, not yeah! What girl things are you talking about? Sleeping? That's typically what you do in a bedroom... among other things." I sat quietly, not daring to add fuel to the fire.

"Look, if you're too scared to sleep in the same room with a couple of mares, then that's your loss," she poked.

"It's not fear, you halfwit, it's courtesy," I told her.

"Oh, is that the term you guys use when you can't get it up?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...that was a pretty good one," I broke the silence.

"Yeah, I was a little worried that I might have gone too far with that one," Vinyl told me.

"Bah, who cares? Now... about the hotel."

"Actually, it's a lodge."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Are you okay with this one? Should I book it?"

"Sure, it seems alright. Actually, when you call them, try and find out what the catch is. I agree with you, there's gotta be something up," my friend instructed me. I nodded, standing up to go use the phone downstairs. Vinyl got up to follow me.

"Just think! Come August, we'll be living large!" she spoke.

"At a food convention?"

"Uh... large relative to attending a food convention!"

I merely shook my head with a smile.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!