• Published 4th Sep 2017
  • 762 Views, 1 Comments

Apple Chronicles: Blessings in the Stars - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



The Apple Family has always been together... except for two very special ponies. But one night, when Princess Luna invites the Apple siblings to see her, the siblings are in for a night of their lives. And moments in life they won't forget.

  • ...
 1
 762

Chapter 1: Luna's Message

Author's Note:

*I only own the ideas for the story. All My Little Pony characters, places, etc. belong to Hasbro and DHX. My Little Pony All Rights Reserved.*

*This story will have references to the episode "The Perfect Pear". Make sure you watched the episode before reading the story. Otherwise, you may get confused. Enjoy*

Chapter 1: Luna's Message

"Wahooo!" Applejack said as she bucked an apple tree with her back hooves, the apples falling into a wooden bucket like little fruit rain drops.

"Nothin like buckin apples for a whole day with ma family!" Applejack said as she went to get the bucket. She lifted it onto her back and trotted over to the farm. Once she got to the farm, she put the bucket of apples into the barn with the others. A minute later, Big Mac came in with at least two or three buckets of apples stacked on top of each other. He was a strong stallion after all.

"Hey Applejack!" Big Mac said before putting the buckets down in front of his sister. He brushed his forehead with his hoof to get the sweat off of him.

"Hia Big Mac. Good day buckin, huh?" Applejack replied, feeling wore out herself.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac said before looking around.

"Where's Apple Bloom?" he asked curiously. He could have swore his little sister was helping him with the apples. Little Apple Bloom would sometimes switch from Big Mac to Applejack when helping to buck on the farm.

"Ah! Huuuuuuuu! Grrrrrrrr!" came the sound of a filly, clearly carrying something heavy. The two older siblings looked to see Apple Bloom carrying a bucket of apples on her back. The bucket was filled, but apples were wobbling as the filly carried them.

"Apple Bloom? What in tarnation are you doin?" Applejack asked, not quite understanding why her little sister was carrying so many apples.

"T-T-Tryin to help! Ah saw some apples were close to fallin, so I thought ah would get the extras!" Apple Bloom answered, inching her way to the barn.

"For ciders sakes, Apple Bloom! How many apples were 'extras'?" Applejack asked in shock, knowing she was carrying way too many apples in the bucket.

"Ah don't know. They just kept fallin too fast! I didn't want to leave any apples unattended!" Apple Bloom said as she got closer to the farm. Applejack and Big Mac looked at each other nervously.

"Need any help?" Big Mac asked, as if it was obvious the filly needed help carrying a load that was much heavier than she could carry. He approached her, but she quickly shook her head.

"No thanks. Ah got it!" Apple Bloom responded as she got closer and closer to the pile of buckets. Soon, Apple Bloom got to the pile, set it down, and collapsed on the ground.

"You okay Sugarcube? You were carrin quite the heavy load there," Applejack said as Apple Bloom got up.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just didn't want any apples to go to waste. I know ah could pick em up on the way back, but I would just be getting less apples off the trees. And we need as many apples we can get!" Apple Bloom explained, feeling slightly sad that she had done something wrong by accident. Applejack put a hoof on her shoulder.

"Ah know you mean well Apple Bloom. But sometimes it's best to just get as many apples as you can handle, and then leave the rest for a trip back. Carryin more than you can handle can just make your muscles sore and possibly make you get hurt. We appreciate the extra apples, but your safety is more important. We're just lookin out for your best needs," Applejack replied before giving her sister a hug.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed, joining the hug. Suddenly, they saw something in the sky. It was bright then vanished. The three siblings separated from the hug, and walked out of the barn. Stars wizzed past in the light purple sky as streams of white lines with white bright dots on them.

"A meteor shower...." Applejack said in awe as she and her siblings watched the amazing display in the night sky. They had seen many meteor shows from time to time, but this was totally unexpected. Besides, the pegasus ponies never predicted a meteor shower for the night. The three siblings walked onto the grass to watch the show.

"Amazin!" Applejack said in awe. Her siblings replying with "Yeah," and "Eeyup", agreeing with her. Suddenly, a bright light came from the moon, getting brighter and brighter.

"Ahh!" the Apple siblings cried out, sheilding their eyes from the bright light, still watching the light. This was so unusual. The bright light then lowered down from the sky in a flash of blue light, just as fast as the falling stars. It was quick, but noticeable. The light was now shining in the woods.

"It landed in the woods! C'mon!" Apple Bloomcried out as she ran towards the woods, Applejack and Big Mac trotting right behind her. The three ponies followed the light until they got where the light stopped. They pulled some bushes aside to reveal a big, special tree. The tree was in the middle of a clearing, with other trees over on the sides. The big tree had its trunks intertwined together, going around to reveal the tree was really two trees grown together. The braches filled with red apples and green pears. The tree's middle formed a heart where there was nothing but air and light, but the branches formed the heart silhouette. The bright light shined in the open heart.

"Hey! That's our parent's tree! Get away from there!" Applejack shouted, stepping towards the light. Big Mac and Apple Bloom joined their sister. The light shined bright again, until it settled on the ground, revealing a pony of nightly beauty. It was Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna. What are you doing here? What's going on?" Applejack asked as she and her siblings bowed before the princess of the night. They then stood back up and let the princess answer.

"Applejack, Big Mac, Apple Bloom. I have come during this spectacular night to inform you of something long overdue. Something I have been hiding. A gift in fact," Princess Luna told the siblings.

"A gift? Why would you want to hide a gift from us? It ain't any of our birthdays, or Hearth's Warming," Apple Bloom said in confusion. Luna smiled, giggled, then nodded before continuing.

"I know Apple Bloom. But the gift I bring, is quite different... but equally special. You all have been living wonderful lives as earth ponies, yet there is still a piece of this puzzle missing. One that can only be put with the rest of your lives, by fixing the missing hole in your hearts," Luna replied. She then looked at Applejack and Big Mac straight in the eyes.

"You know what I speak of. I know the hurt you carry..." Luna said as Applejack and Big Mac hung their heads sadly. Luna then looked at Apple Bloom as well, "... All of you," Luna finished before taking a deep breath. The Apple siblings hung their heads and hugged. They knew who Princess Luna was refering to, and tears came out of their eyes. Luna then raised her front hoof, and the siblings looked back at her again, whiping away the tears.

"However, ... I did not come here to remind you three of hard times, or to bring up past burdens. Instead, I wanted to come here because I wanted to reveal my secret. And the gift you all wish you could have, but never got. The truth is.... I too knew Bright and Butter. More so than you may think. And, I can bring them here. Not alive, nor ghosts, but in the stars..." Princess Luna explained. Applejack, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom made silent gasps when Luna said 'Bright and Butter'. It couldn't BE! Tears appeared in their eyes again as Applejack choked up, trying to speak.

"P-P-Princess Luna.... are you sayin, you knew our.... our.... Oh my.... Apples!" Applejack said before she sobbed into her brother's shoulder, Big Mac and Apple Bloom crying with her. Their hearts had all become soft and broken realizing Luna's words. Luna let the siblings share their love and heartace before they turned back to her.

"I am more than happy to bring them back. But remember that they can only be seen at night. No other time. But, look out for any small hints of things they treasured, or something about them that makes them come into your minds during the day. That is them saying that they are with you. Meet me tomorrow night at this same time, and you will see them again," Princess Luna said as the Apple siblings nodded. Luna then started to drift away in a stream of blue light when Apple Bloom thought of something.

"Wait!" the filly exclaimed still in her siblings arms. Luna hovered, but went nowhere.

"Yes, Apple Bloom?" Luna asked kindly.

"Can we tell Granny Smith about this?" Apple Bloom asked curiously.

"No. I want you all to have a personal reunion with them before she sees them. It may shock her that the two ponies she loved for years suddenly came back out of the blue. However, you may tell her about the first part of our meeting. Just don't mention who I will bring. Also, keep in mind what you have learned about them from other ponies. The little details in their story, will be your clues for the little hints you are given about their presence. When my sister lowers the sun, and the stars come out like they are now. Meet me in front of this tree and I will give you what I promised. Goodnight, and I will see you soon," Princess Luna answered. She then drifted into the blue light, and slowly vanished into the night sky.

The meteor shower lasted for several minutes until Applejack, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom went back to the house. They went inside and while they had dinner, they told Granny Smith everything Luna told them.

"Oh my. I can't believe, Luna told you all that. But who in jam did Princess Luna say she would bring? Or do?" Granny Smith replied back to her grandkids as she tried to process everything they had told her.

"We don't know. She said it was a gift. And Princess Luna didn't give us many hints either. Just that whoever it is, they are in the stars. Whatever that means!" Applejack answered, not giving away that she and her siblings already knew. The rest of the night went on as usual, apart from Applejack, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom remembering what the princess had said. Whatever surprises were in store for tomorrow, they couldn't wait for them. They for sure were going to be special.

Comments ( 1 )

I think I'll see where this goes. I take it you payed attention to the detail of the Nightmare Moon Moon that appeared in The Perfect Pear. I personally hope that could be used for a story purpose in the show regarding the Apple Siblings parents. Also, it's a shame that Granny Smith and Grand Pear can't be around to see them.

Login or register to comment