• Published 29th Aug 2017
  • 919 Views, 6 Comments

Forever Filly "Rewritten" - kels805



After Rarity visits Sweetie Belle, the two of the learn a thing or two about growing up and how that will affect their sister relationship.

  • ...
 6
 919

Chapter 1

I personally didn’t really like Forever Filly that much. It was the first season of season 7 I didn’t like and considering that Sweetie Belle and Rarity have had such amazing episodes about their sibling relationship, I was quite disappointed. But anyway, more on that in a blog later, maybe. Because I didn’t like it, I decided I needed to fix it. ;) Hope you enjoy!

“Surprise!” Rarity said as she entered. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Zipporwhill looked at each other not knowing exactly what to say.

“Oh…. hi Rarity. I thought you were busy in Canterlot,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Oh, when I mentioned I hadn’t seen my sister in a while, Sassy Saddles said she could handle everything. I have the whole day planned out.”

“Well… the CMC and I have some things to do…” Sweetie Belle started.

“Oh, it’s okay,” Apple Bloom said. “You can go ahead.”

Sweetie Belle nodded slowly and hesitantly went along. Immediately after the two sisters exited the CMC treehouse, Rarity started speaking a mile a minute. Sweetie Belle cringed as she had at all of her older sister’s remarks about what they were going to do that day. Things like this had been happening more and more lately. Rarity didn’t mean any harm. She just forgot that Sweetie Belle was growing up sometimes. Sweetie Belle tried to keep quiet. She wanted to go along with her sister’s crazy antics.

“And we can go to the puppet shows we always liked to go to! It’ll be just like old times!” Rarity exclaimed excitedly. At that moment, Sweetie Belle knew that if she didn’t say anything, she would be in for a terrible time with her sister. And neither of them would want that.

“Rarity… I need to tell you something. It’s been something that’s been on my mind for a while, actually.” Rarity was caught a bit off guard by her sister’s comments.

“What is it Sweetie Belle?”

“You’re my sister and I love you. I’m so glad you came to see me, but I’m just not that filly that likes puppet shows like that anymore. I’m getting older. I have my cutie mark now. I’m still your younger sister. I always will be. But can we discuss some other things we can do together?”

Rarity thought about the things she had planned for the day. She sighed and patted Sweetie Belle on the back.

“I’m sorry Sweetie Belle. I just missed you, I guess. I was so excited to see you, I forgot that my sister is growing up. And I suppose a part of me didn’t want to admit that.”

“I understand,” Sweetie Belle said. “I worry about what the future holds for us, too. I get jealous of you sometimes, but the truth is, I admire you. You’ve done so much for Equestria and all the while maintaining a successful fashion business. I’m so proud of you. But now that we’re figuring out what we want to do with our lives. I sometimes worry we’ll grow apart somehow because we’re so focused on our own lives now.”

“You really are growing up, aren’t you?” Rarity said with a smile before continuing. “Well yes, we’re figuring out what we want to do with our own lives separate from each other. And yes, our sister relationship is going to grow and change as we grow and change. Some of those changes will take a bit of getting used to.”

“But I guess some important things will stay the same, right Rarity?”

“Exactly. Even though it can be hard for me to see you growing up, as you mentioned, I know you’ll always be the amazing younger sister I know and love.”

“And even though you’re doing these incredible things and saving Equestria with your friends, I know you’ll always be there for me.”

“That’s right. It’s what older siblings do.”

“But you know I’ll always be there for you, too.”

“Of course, dear,” Rarity said with a smile. She then sighed. “So… I have some time before I have to go back to Canterlot. What would you like to do today?”

Sweetie Belle thought a moment.

“Well, you mentioned that old ice cream place near our childhood home. We could go there. I’m sure there are more things than the tiny filly sundaes I used to eat.” Rarity laughed and agreed to go.

At the ice cream shop, Rarity and Sweetie Belle had a good time making a mess trying to eat the big clown faced sundaes they had on the counter.

“Ah, yes Sweetie Belle. I think this is just what we needed,” Rarity remarked with ice cream on her muzzle. “And I didn’t realize your idea would be such a delicious one!”

“I may be growing up, but that doesn’t mean I have to act like it all the time!” Sweetie Belle said.

“I agree. I think we all have that inner child that we need to embrace every now and then. But not so often that the younger sister feels like she’s being babied,” Rarity said with a wink.

“Right,” Sweetie Belle said. “You know, even though helping people find their talents is what I’m the best at, I’m quite interested in fashion, too. Being your sister and all.”

“Are you requesting an invite back to Canterlot with me?” Rarity asked. Sweetie Belle nodded a little sheepishly.

“Is that okay?” Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity never really liked having Sweetie Belle around the boutiques. Sweetie Belle learned that the hard way a couple years ago. But after all that happened that day, Rarity knew that Sweetie Belle was old enough.

“Yes, that would be lovely,” Rarity said. Sweetie Belle beamed with excitement. When the two finished the ice cream, they took the train back to Canterlot.

“Sassy Saddles, I’m home!” Rarity called out.

“Oh, hello Rarity! And you must be Sweetie Belle!” Sassy greeted.

“Hi Sassy Saddles. Rarity said she would show me around.”

“Marvelous! Rarity, there’s an order that came in while you were out that I didn’t get to. You can get started on that.”

“Great! Thanks.” Rarity showed Sweetie Belle around the shop as she worked. Sweetie Belle’s eyes were wide with amazement.

At the end of the day, Rarity put a sleeping bag out on the floor in her room. Rarity looked at her younger sister as she slept. It would be hard the let the filly she knew go sometimes, but growing up wasn’t all bad.

Comments ( 6 )

I like the idea of Sweetie Belle being old enough to now be more involved in Rarity's fashion side.

But I think this story bypasses the best moment of the episode: that for all its faults and despite how Rarity should have got the message way quicker, her line that she didn't realise that the last time they'd done those things together would be the last time they'd ever do them together was rather moving.

8395271
I watched the episode again after writing this realizing I probably should have done that before, and I did like that line your were talking about and the general moral of the episode. Lots of characters in MLP have been hit with the stupid stick for the sake of the plot because 1. it's still meant to be a kids show and 2. you only have 24 minutes or so per episode. I tried to recreate the story and its moral without Rarity being hit with stupid stick quite as much. Could I have done a better job in doing that? Well, possibly. We'll see what other people have to say. ;) But I appreciate your input. I liked the idea of Sweetie Belle being more involved in Rarity's fashion business, too. Maybe I'll write my next fanfic based on that. :)

8395358 :twilightsmile:

With regard to only having 24 minutes, I think it's actually the opposite problem - the episodes have to last that long, which means the stupid stick section has to make up probably around 15 minutes of the episode. If the episodes were way shorter (as I think this story would be if turned into episode format), the characters would be able to get smart a lot quicker.

The Stupid Ball doesn't have to work that way. The writers could have made Sweetie Belle initially hesitant and overwhelmed and still able to speak up before things got out of hoof.

At the puppet show, Sweetie Belle could ask to move off to the side so she could address Rarity privately without creating undue disruption for the other customers. Then she could air her concerns early on in the show.

They could still visit the old sites (at a distance) so Sweetie Belle could address why she's no longer interested in the activity in question.

And finally, return to the clubhouse with Rarity in tow so she can ask the other Crusaders about their assignment. Who knows, her own experiences just might have been what they were looking for to solve the problem.

First season of Season 7? Uh?

Login or register to comment