• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 1,730 Views, 114 Comments

Super Stallion - PioneerofImagination



Mild mannered janitor Squeaky Clean finds a strange sphere that can change him into the superhero of Equestria and has decided to use this gift to battle the forces of evil.

  • ...
14
 114
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27 To Love a Siren

Canterlot High, a seemingly normal high school, has been having a few supernatural issues, most recently the entire school was almost brainwashed by a trio of attention grabbing sirens. But their plan was foiled by a high school band and 2 former students of Princess Celestia. Sunset Shimmer with her journal was able to get Twilight to come help who in return reworked the mirror so she could come and go as she pleases. "Sunset with the whole drama of the Dazzlings finally done and over with there's something I wanted to ask you."

"Yeah what's that?"

"Don't you want to come back to Equestria? Maybe say hi to Princess Celestia. I mean there's gotta be a couple things you want to say to her."

"To be honest, I've thought about that a little, more than a little actually," Sunset answered while looking at the ground.

"Oh geez Sunset I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you."

"No Twilight it's okay. A while after I left, I wanted to return to her. But by the time I did, she had already replaced me."

"Oh, I see," Twilight replied rather awkwardly.

"I'm sure that I'll come back to Equestria someday. But for now, I think that it's best I stay here and learn a little bit more about friendship."

"I think that might be a pretty good idea."

"You know Twilight we were thinking of maybe getting some pizza and ice cream to celebrate stopping the Dazzlings you want to come?"

"Well, I guess there isn't exactly a rush this time around, sure." As Twilight went to celebrate with her friends she came across the Flash Sentry of this world.

"Twilight! It's nice to see you again. Listen, I'm sorry I acted like a jerk earlier."

"It's nice to see you too Flash and it's okay, you weren't exactly yourself."

"I'd still like to make it up to you, maybe I could buy you a sundae."

"I think I could go for a little more ice cream." Flash then grabbed Twilight's hand and she knew where this was going. "Listen Flash, I know we kind of had a thing before but I'm kind of seeing someone, somepony else."

"You are? Who?"

"You. Or rather the Flash Sentury from my world."

"Oh, I guess that shouldn't come as that much of a surprise.”

"If I'm being completely honest, I don't think this thing had much of a chance in the first place. What with us literally being from different worlds."

Faraway, the Dazzlings had run off after their defeat by the hands of the Rainbooms.

"This is unbelievable not only are we still stuck here and still not being adored, but now we've lost what little magic we had left," Aria complained. "Nice work Adagio."

"Excuse me!" Adagio said back. "Are you implying that this whole thing is my fault?"

"I'm not implying it, I'm flat out saying it!" Aria shot back.

"How was I supposed to know we could lose our magic? You think I actually wanted this to happen?"

"Well maybe if you let us think of something or put in some input for a chance things would have gone differently!"

"Maybe if 1 of you grew a brain you'd be worth listening too!"

"Do you guys think it'll rain?"

"SHUT UP SONATA!" Aria and Adagio said at the same time before they got into each other's faces.

"What makes you think you were ever good enough to lead us anyway, Adagio?"

"Well if you think you can do a better job on your own I'm not going to stop you!"

"Oh yeah well fine I think I'll do just that." And with that Aria stormed off to Adagio’s surprise but she wasn't interested in stopping her.

"All right fine," Adagio said in a huff. "The 2 of us will be just fine on our own, won't we Sonata?" Suddenly Adagio noticed Sonata wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Oh where the heck is she? Did she see a butterfly and chase after it or something?" Adagio then ran around for a while looking for Sonata but was having no luck and to make things worse it started to rain.

"Wow you were right Lyra it was going to rain."

"Yeah but we can save the I told you so for later, let's head for the parlor." As it started to pour down heavier and heavier, Adagio tried to get out of the rain. But as she was running she tripped on her own ankle and fell into a mud puddle.

"OW!" Adagio tried to stand up but her leg was really in pain. As she got under a tree the rain came down even harder. "This is just great, Aria left, Sonata's gone, and now I'm stuck here in the literal pouring rain with no magic whatsoever…all alone." Adagio had to fight the urge to cry.

"Are you okay?" Adagio looked up and saw a teenage boy with dark gray hair with light gray stripes and light violet gray skin. He was carrying an umbrella and a case for an electric piano. He leaned in a little and placed the umbrella above Adagio.

"No, but at least I'm a little dryer now."

"You shouldn't stay out here, you'll catch a cold."

"Probably, but I don't have anywhere to go and even if I did my ankle feels like it's been stabbed so I can hardly even walk."

"Oh, I see, maybe I can help you with both of those, I mean if you like."

"How would you do that exactly?"

"See that large apartment building over there?" Adagio then looked to her right and saw what the boy was pointing to.

"It'd be pretty hard not to notice it even with all the rain."

"I live in one of the apartments I could take you there and you'd be out of the rain."

"Okay then but it might be hard for me to get there. Seriously, my ankle feels like it's been stabbed."

"I can help you with that too if you'll hold my umbrella." Adagio then took the umbrella as she figured she really didn't have anything to lose.

"Is this supposed to fly me to where you live or something?" To her surprise Adagio was lifted up as the boy started to carry her in his arms, 1 arm holding her back and the other holding her legs while still carrying the case. "Wow, I've never been swept off my feet before."

"Oh by the way my name is Ringo."

"My name is Adagio." Ringo brought Adagio to the top floor of the apartment building and he gently placed her beside the door to his apartment. "My my aren't you strong. You managed to carry me and that case of yours all the way up here no problem."

"Oh, I exercise a lot and actually have a gym membership so it wasn't all that hard, plus you're pretty light." Ringo then opened the door and picked up Adagio again to carry her in and placed her on the couch in the living room and even placed a pillow under her head. "Are you comfortable, Adagio?"

"Compared to just a little while ago I feel great."

"Is there anything I can get you, maybe a soda?"

"That would probably be nice, thank you?" Ringo then went into the kitchen to get her something to drink. "Did I actually say thank you?" Ringo returned with not just a soda but also a blanket that he put over her. On top of that he also got an ice pack that caught her attention. "What's that for?"

"It's for your ankle you said it hurt well this can help with that." He then placed his hand very gently on her ankle that kind of made Adagio feel a little tingly. "Is this the one that hurts?" Adagio nodded and Ringo gently placed the ice pack on that ankle. "This should help you out with the pain and I think you'll feel much better in the morning."

"Are you sure this is an apartment building and not some 5 star hotel because this is quite the quality service?"

"Thank you, I just wanted to make sure you'd be all right until I called your parents."

"Excuse me?"

"Well they're probably worried about you, is your house far from here?"

"It's like I said I have nowhere to go for almost as far back as I can remember it was just me, Aria, and Sonata. But now that's not even the case anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know and I don't care!" Adagio then crossed her arms and looked away from Ringo.

"Oh did your band split up?" Ringo asking that made Adagio look back at him.

"How did you know we were in a band?"

"Well you were a part of the Battle of the Bands right? And you came in 2nd place behind the Rainbooms after your 2 bands went head to head. I think you did anyway for some reason that whole thing is kind of a blur which is weird cause I was part of it."

"I see."

"Though 1 thing I remember for sure was this time in the cafeteria a little before the Battle of the Bands started 3 girls came in and started singing. At first I wasn't really paying attention until a girl started walking on the table right up to me and looked me right in the eye. She only did it for a second but that was all I needed to know that I was looking at the most beautiful girl on the planet and-" Ringo stopped as he blushed. "Well goodnight the tv remote is on the table." Ringo then walked off to his room.

"Beautiful?" Adagio asked as she blushed a little as well.

***

"How's your ankle?" Ringo asked the next morning as he got up to check on Adagio who was also up.

"Better but it still hurts. So how did your parents take it when you told them about me?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Your parents, the ones that raised you, how did they take it when you told them you brought a strange girl here?"

"Oh I didn't tell them anything, they aren't here it's just me, and now you. My parents actually travel a lot so they went through the trouble of getting me my own apartment building so I could stay in 1 place."

"My quite the resourceful one aren't we? So much to yourself." Adagio tried to stand but her ankle still hurt. "I don't suppose you have another ice pack, the first one melted."

"Well actually I figured your ankle would still be hurting so I drew you a warm bath that might help too. Would…you like me to carry you again?"

"Well I suppose it would save me from actually having to walk." Ringo then once again gently picked up Adagio and carried her to the bathroom.

"There's a bathrobe next to the bathtub for you to wear when you get out."

"Do you not like what I'm wearing right now?"

"No you look great I just thought maybe since your clothes are all muddy I could do some laundry and I could add your clothes to it."

"I see." Ringo left her alone and she wasted no time in getting in to soak her hurting ankle. "That boy is head over heels in love with me. Not that I can hardly blame him," Adagio said as she stopped to admire her own reflection in the bath water and moved her hair around a little. "No I can't blame him 1 bit after all I am the most beautiful thing in this or any other world." After a long relaxing bath Adagio left the tub wearing the bathrobe Ringo left in there to see him working on his electric piano.

"Feel better?" Ringo asked as she sat next to him on the couch.

"Starting to."

"I looked it up and there's something else you can do to help with a hurt ankle: keep it elevated. It's where you put the hurting foot above the others."

"Oh I see." Adagio then placed her hurt foot above the other on the edge of the couch after doing that she laid down and placed her head right on Ringo's lap. "Huh this couch isn't as long as I thought it was. I can get off if you want." Adagio then started to raise her head but Ringo stopped her by placing his hand on her shoulder.

"No! It's quite alright, I don't mind." Adagio then placed her head back on his lap.

Why in the world did I offer to move just for his sake? Adagio thought as she never did something like that before. It was probably nothing, Adagio tried to tell herself as Ringo was playing on his electric piano and suddenly started to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"I just realized that I was trying to work on an adagio while I have one on my lap."

"An adagio?"

"Yeah your name Adagio, it's a musical term that means a slow passage. My parents taught me a lot about music. They both love it a lot, that's how I got my name."

"Oh, is Ringo a musical term too?"

"No it was the name of a guy in an old band that they're both huge fans of. They made a song about a walrus, they made more but that's the only 1 I remember. My parents always wanted to make music just like that band and I guess I inherited their dream. It was about a year ago when they finally decided to set out and do that."

"Really, what made them do that?" Adagio asked, actually taking interest in the story.

"I did, When they told me it was their dream and I told them to go out and do it. At first they didn't want to because they had to take care of me but after a while I proved to them I was old enough to take care of myself. But they still send money every month to help me pay the bills and they call often. Ah geez I'm boring you aren't I?" Ringo asked.

"No, not at all, By all means continue."

***

As the weekend went by, Adagio spent a lot of time with Ringo and even helped him with a song for his band. When her ankle was back to 100% Ringo taught Adagio to dance to an Adagio that he wrote for her. After the weekend Ringo prepared to show his new song to his band. "Well come on Adagio let's get going?"

"Going?"

"Well yeah to school."

"You actually want to go there?"

"Well nobody wants to go to school but it's the law."

"Well I was planning on watching more tv with you but to be honest I am a little curious what your friends will think of that song." Adagio then got up and headed out the door with Ringo. I actually care what others think. What has gotten into me lately? As Adagio and Ringo met up with his band, they were big fans of the song.

Meanwhile not too far only Aria was hiding under the bleachers just sitting and hugging her legs.

"I don't need either of them," she said to herself trying to convince herself that it was true. "I can get by all by myself, I bet if I put my mind to it I could even find a way to get my magic back that would really show Adagio. With her magic gone I wonder if I could make her do what I want for once?" Aria then chuckled to herself when suddenly someone came under the bleachers "Oh, it's you, what do you want?"

After school Ringo took Adagio to the ice cream parlor to treat her to something sweet. "So what are these called again?"

"It's an ice cream soda, Adagio. Are you honestly telling me that you've never had one of these before?"

"Not until recently I was mainly feeding on something else entirely, but I think this can be a good substitute."

"Well you might want to find something a bit more healthy now. Do you mind waiting here for a second? I need to step out and get something."

"Well that sounds like quite the labor but I think somehow I'll be able to manage." Ringo then stepped out of the store but not before giving her a few more bucks for her to get a little more to eat. Around the time she finished Ringo returned and surprised Adagio with a bouquet of flowers. "What are those for?"

"They're for you."

"For me?"

"I didn't know what kind of flower was your favorite so I got a dozen different flowers and put them all together for a bouquet.”

Adagio then grabbed the flowers and couldn't help but notice a strong warm feeling in her heart. “Thank you.”

"You're welcome. I know that we haven't known each other for long, but I can't help but feel this way. Adagio, I love you."

"You, love me?" Adagio said, still in shock after hearing that.

"Yes I do," Ringo answered, getting the attention of quite a few people that were in the ice cream parlor with them. Adagio wasn't sure what to say and started to breathe heavily. She told Ringo that she wasn't feeling very well so he took her back to the apartment.

Afterwards Ringo left to work a little on his music and after he left Adagio found herself walking back and forth.

"He loves me, someone actually loves me. I've used Equestrian magic to make others do what I wanted, but they never told me that they loved me. Is it even possible for someone to love me, is it even possible for me to love someone?" Adagio then sat down on the couch. "Why is this bothering me so much?!"

Adagio decided to go for a walk thinking that would help clear her head. Adagio eventually returned to the apartment but to her surprise she found the door was open. "Did I leave the door open by mistake?" Adagio simply shrugged it off then entered the apartment building wishing to take a nap and that's exactly what she got. A rag covered her mouth that had a strange smell to it and in seconds she was unconscious.

***

Adagio awoke and tried to get up and look around but couldn't do either as her wrists and ankles were tied together. Before long she was able to sit up and saw she was in some kind of shack and she was joined by Aria and Sonata who, like her, were bound by rope and had cloths around their mouths which prevented either of them from making the slightest sound. Adagio wanted to ask what happened but she was gagged as well.

"Well looks like you finally woke up." Adagio turned to see Sunset Shimmer and her eyes nearly popped out of her head. "You just had to stay on the very top of that apartment building didn't you?"

"What are you doing Sunset Shimmer?" Adagio asked when she finally managed to get the gag off. "It's not enough that you and your friends stopped our plans and robbed our magic but now you kidnapped us."

"So close yet so far. I'm not the Sunset Shimmer that you're talking about, but I still know what you're talking about and I know how it feels to lose your magic. I only had it for a little while until the other Sunset and her friends took it back. But that's where you 3 come in."

"What are you talking about?" Adagio said as she also tried to get the ropes untied from her ankles and wrists but it was no use, they were too tight.

"You were able to use magic in this world and from what I saw during the Battle of the Bands a lot of it. So you're going to tell me how I can do that and for your sake you better be able to say something useful, unlike your friends."

"They aren't my," Adagio stopped herself for some reason. "Untie me right now!"

"You lost your magic remember? You're no longer the one that's giving orders, you listen to me. When I lost my magic I tried to do everything I could to get it back but-"

"I'm pretty sure I know where this is going. It's like I said before, our magic is gone. And even if we still had it, we wouldn't share it with someone that kidnapped us."

"You may have lost your magic but you were still able to use it in this world tell me how you were able to do that!" Sunset then got in Adagio's face and even grabbed her by the throat a little.

"It," Adagio stopped as she was having a little trouble breathing. "It came with us when we were banished from Equestria." Sunset then released Adagio who started to breathe heavily.

"I see. I was hoping you'd give me a different answer than those 2 bozos but I guess you 3 all share 1 brain.”

"Adagio!" Ringo called out not too far away. "Adagio are you here?"

"Oh isn't that sweet your little knight in not so shining armor has come looking for you," Sunset said as she put Adagio’s gag back on. Adagio got on the ground and crawled to the door making Sunset laugh as stomped on Adagio's back making her almost cry out in pain.

"Adagio," Ringo called out again a little closer.

"Oh what don't tell me that you actually care about him? I know all about your little stay with him. I've been keeping a close eye on you 3 after you were defeated. I was actually there when he confessed his love for you." Sunset then picked up Adagio planning on hiding the Sirens somewhere else in case Ringo came in to look for Adagio.

"Adagio can you hear me?" Adagio struggled to get free, to Sunset’s annoyance.

"Do you really think that he'd still love you if he knew what you really were?" Suddenly Adagio stopped moving but just when Sunset was gonna head out the door Adagio hit Sunset in the nose with the back of her head forcing her to drop her. When Adagio fell she rubbed her face against the ground to get the gag off. "What do you think you're doing you idiot?!"

"ADAGIO IF YOU'RE HERE PLEASE ANSWER!" Ringo screamed at nearly the top of his lungs still looking for Adagio around the school but just about ready to give up.

"I'M OVER HERE!" Adagio responded like Ringo nearly at the top of her lungs.

"STOP!" Sunset yelled.

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

"FOLLOW MY VOICE-" Sunset put the gag back on as Ringo broke through the door with a powerful kick.

"No!"

"Sunset?" Ringo asked in surprise. "No, you're that other Sunset aren't you?"

"I was the original, I'm the one from this world! Why is the imposter from the world of ponies the one that becomes more accepted here?!"

"Well for 1 thing she doesn't go around kidnapping people or breaking into other people's apartments." The human Sunset suddenly charged Ringo but he grabbed her then flipped her making her land hard on the ground. "I saw that on television once and I've always wanted to do that," Ringo said to Adagio as he turned to face her.

"If I had my magic I'd make you my slave and force you to do all sorts of things," Sunset Shimmer said as she got back up.

"But you don't so you aren't gonna are you?" Adagio laughed or at least tried to. Sunset charged again and this time Ringo grabbed both her hands with his.

"You won't take this away from me!"

"Wanna bet?" While not really a fighter Ringo was still able to wrestle Sunset to the ground. After a minute Sunset got free thanks to a well shot hit to Ringo's stomach by her elbow.

"Fine they don't have their magic anymore so this was probably a lost cause anyway," Sunset said when she got back on her feet. "If you want to fall in love with a monster so badly, go for it." Sunset then ran off and Ringo went over to Adagio.

"Are you alright Adagio?" Adagio nodded her head. "Oh good that's very good, would you like me to untie you?" Adagio raised an eyebrow. "Right dumb question. I may need to get a knife or something. Wait here I’ll be right back.” Ringo ran off leaving the sirens alone in awkward silence.

You have got to be kidding me, Adagio thought. What did I ever do to deserve this?... Well this still sucks.

***

Once the sirens were freed and brought to Ringo’s apartment, Sonata and Aria, mostly Sonata, were wolfing down rather vast quantities of food. "I know we haven't been away from one another for that long but have you 2 always had such bad eating manners?"

"What I haven't eaten since I got kidnapped," Sonata replied.

"Neither have I," Aria added.

"Well I got kidnapped first."

"How did you 2 get grabbed anyway?"

"Well while you and Aria had that fight I saw a butterfly and chased it a little and that's when I got grabbed."

"Called it," Adagio said to herself.

"What?" Aria asked.

"Nothing."

"Well anyway I got grabbed when I was under the bleachers at school. So what's the deal with this guy? Is he still somehow under the effect of our magic or something?"

"No, he just loves me." Sonata and Aria turned their heads shocked by what they just heard. "Yeah I had more or less the same reaction."

"So what did you tell him?"

"I haven't told him yet but I'm going to and I’d like your help with that."

"Can you believe this Sonata we just got back together and already she gets back to bossing us around."

"Aria, I know we parted on bad terms and, I'm sorry about that, about everything."

"What?" Sonata said.

"Did I just hear right?" Aria added.

"Yes Aria you did. I've had a bit of thinking and I don't want us to split up again. We may have lost our magic and have no hope of returning to Equestria but we can survive in this world easier if we stick together."

"If we do, it would make it much harder to get kidnapped again."

"For once in your life you're actually making sense, Sonata. Fine we stick together but you better start listening to my ideas."

Ringo came back after going to the police station and talking about the kidnapping. He would have just called as he didn't want to leave Adagio but she insisted on him going so she could talk to Aria and Sonata in private. When he returned he hugged Adagio on the spot.

"Are you okay Adagio?"

"Yes I'm all right you weren't gone all that long."

"Well I still missed you. The police want to talk to you about what happened to you 3."

"Okay. After all that is settled though, I'd like it if you and I went on a date."

"Really?!"

"Yes and not just a date I want to make it a very special date."

"Fine with me."

The sirens told the police what they could, making sure to keep certain information to themselves. After that the Sirens made their way back to the apartment building and Adagio decided it might be for the best if they got their own apartment.

"So do you think you can help us with that?" Adagio asked Ringo.

"Yes but why do you want to move out?"

"It just that with 4 people instead of 2 it might get cramped here." Ringo agreed and he talked to the landlady who gave the sirens the room next to Ringo's and even rent free for a while if Sonata agreed to let the landlady introduce her to her grandson.

After all that Adagio got ready for her special date with Ringo and she asked Aria and Sonata to help her with that because she wanted to look absolutely perfect.

"You're really going all out with this date huh Adagio?"

"Yeah I've never seen you act this way since, ever."

"Why is that exactly?" Aria asked.

"Yeah why is that?"

"It's because I'm going to tell him everything at the end of it. About what we really are about where we came from, everything."

"Uh he might not like everything he hears," Aria said.

"Yes, but I have to tell him the truth, because I love him too and he deserves to know the truth. If he doesn't like it I want to at least have 1 great night with him." Adagio then put on the last of her lipstick and turned around facing Aria and Sonata. "Well, how do I look?"

"Wow, you look pretty sexy, Adagio."

"Yeah I'd even go out with you.” Aria and Adagio stared at Sonata "What?"

Adagio made her way to Ringo who was wearing a tuxedo while she was wearing as Ringo put it, a Jessica Rabbit dress but golden instead of red and white gloves instead of purple. Ringo and Adagio went to just about the fanciest restaurant in town and after some dinner and dancing Ringo paid the check and Adagio took him outside.

"It's a beautiful night out. Is this the reason you wanted to come outside to talk?"

"No, I wanted to tell you something and made sure it was private." Adagio then proceeded to tell Ringo everything like she said she would.

"So the reason that the other Sunset Shimmer took you and your friends is-"

"She wanted to take our magic but we don't have any," Adagio finished, which reminded her of something she wanted to ask him. "By the way, how were you able to find me when I got taken?"

"Oh actually I wasn't all that sure myself when I saw that the door was open and you weren't there I panicked and I ran out to look for you without even calling the police. After I ran out I felt something in my heart that told me to look for you at the school. It was almost like my love for you was pulling me towards you."

"That doesn't make any sense." Ringo then put 1 hand on Adagio's shoulder and the other under her chin to make her look at him.

"Since when has love ever made sense?" Ringo then kissed Adagio slowly and passionately.

"I suppose you have a point there. So I take it this means that you still want to be with me?"

"Well on 1 hand you did try to kind of enslave the world. But on the other hand you're still insanely hot."

"Yes I am aren't I?" Adagio said as she flipped her hair. "I know I'm not exactly the angel you probably make me out to be but I still want to make this work between us." Adagio then put her hand right on Ringo's chest to feel his heart beat and Ringo in return put his hand right over Adagio's.

"Me too and honestly I kind of want to learn more about this alternate world you came from."

"It's been so long since we've been there. But I can tell you a bit." Ringo then stood up and helped Adagio stand as well. "I have to admit you're taking this much better than I thought you would. Not that I'm complaining."

"Well you said you did what you did because you want to be adored as a somewhat struggling musician I can kind of relate. And with your magic gone it's sort of like you have a second chance.” Ringo slowly stroked Adagio’s hair. “Maybe you don’t need the whole world to adore you. Maybe you just need 1 person." Ringo and Adagio then kissed under the night sky. Both not sure where this would end but both wishing to make the best of it.

***

Years later Ringo and Adagio were spending time in a small romantic cottage in a ski lodge. Adagio was sitting peacefully on a chair by the fireplace while knitting and Ringo surprised her by bringing a cup of hot cocoa. "Thank you sweetheart."
"Anytime honey." The 2 then shared a kiss. Afterwards Ringo looked at the booties Adagio was working on.

"You really took to knitting in no time didn't you?"

"Yes, I figured it would be harder at first so I got to work right when we got the news so I could make some in time."

"Well I'm gonna go skiing, see you in a little while." Ringo kissed Adagio goodbye and Adagio then gently rubbed her stomach.

"I should have them done along with a matching hat well before you get here.”

Author's Note:

Happy Valentines Day everyone or Happy Hearts and Hooves Day depending on where you are. This chapter may be edited later but I really wanted to publish this chapter on Valentines Day and with that done Super Stallion is going on another hiatus but don't worry it won't be as long as the last one I just want a break to get to a few other things and figure some stuff out.

Re-edit:11/4/2023 Let this chapter be a lesson to us all. If Adagio can find love, we all can.

PreviousChapters Next