• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 1,730 Views, 114 Comments

Super Stallion - PioneerofImagination



Mild mannered janitor Squeaky Clean finds a strange sphere that can change him into the superhero of Equestria and has decided to use this gift to battle the forces of evil.

  • ...
14
 114
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
The Final Battle Part 1

Grogar, after abandoning the secret lair that he recently buried underground, looked for a new place to set his plans of revenge in motion. Along the way he was surprised by a creature that wanted to form an alliance with him.

“I must admit, I was quite hesitant to join you considering my recent alliance didn’t work out. Long story short I trapped them in stone for all eternity.”

“I see, but hearing that tells me you have the resolve to get the job done.”

“Yes,” Grogar agreed. “I will stop at nothing. With you and what you’re offering I can go far beyond than I thought I ever could. For reasons I already explained I don’t entirely trust you, but this plan of yours is just too good to pass up,” Grogar said.

“Well that’s good to hear, so we have a deal?”

“Of course,” Grogar answered.

“Then where should we start? Or perhaps a better question should be how we start? It could be tricky with just the 2 of us.”

“Not to worry, I know a few more candidates to add to our group,” Grogar answered as he smiled a wicked smile.

***

At the castle Stone Wall had introduced Sapphire Shores to Cozy Glow who to her surprise pulled her into a hug. "Oh you are so adorable!" Sapphire said.

"Oh golly," Cozy said. "I get a new daddy and he's dating the pony of pop. I love your music."

"Really?" Sapphire asked as she stopped hugging Cozy Glow. "Well I was going to some vocal practice. Wanna join me?"

"Sure," Cozy answered. She waved goodbye to Stone Wall who waved as well before walking off with Sapphire.

"I think Cozy is a good match for you," Squeaky, who was joined by Swift Sweep and Star Swirl said.

"Plus she's an alicorn," Swift Sweep said. "She might be really helpful in the fight with Grogar."

“Yes but remember she is still just a filly,” Star Swirl added. “She’ll need guidance, and she’ll push you to your limits if you aren’t careful.”

“I’m guessing you’re speaking from experience?” Squeaky asked.

“I thought trying to unlock the mysteries of magic would be my greatest challenge. It was nothing compared to being a parent.”

“But speaking of the mysteries of magic,” Squeaky said. “What do you think the magic that ghost alicorn gave to the sphere was exactly?”

“Well based on the very limited information I have to work with, I’d say it’s based on connections or combining things,” Star Swirl answered. “I wouldn’t worry too much about it though, I’m sure you can figure it out when you need to.”

“Or maybe Stone Wall can,” Squeaky said.

“Excuse me?” Stone Wall asked and then suddenly Squeaky offered his sphere to Stone Wall. “What are you doing?”

“I think the right term would be passing the torch,” Squeaky answered. “Celestia will be retiring soon, and I’ll be joining her. But that doesn’t mean Super Stallion should.”

“Are you sure about something like this?” Star Swirl asked. “Perhaps you should give this a little more thought.”

“Yeah,” Swift Sweep agreed. “You’re giving up being a superhero. Who would want to give up being a superhero? I mean besides superheroes.”

“I’ve actually thought about this for a while now. The sphere doesn’t take long to get used to, and you were always such a strong pony. You’d probably be a better superhero than I was.”

“...No I wouldn’t, so I can’t take your mantle,” Stone Wall answered.

“What?” Squeaky asked, surprised. “But why?”

“Yeah why?” Swift Sweep asked.

“I am rather curious as well,” Star Swirl said.

“You were the one that found that sphere, or perhaps it found you. You were the one that was meant to be a superhero not me. Because you have the heart of one.”

“What are you talking about?” Swift Sweep asked when suddenly Spike and Shining Armor burst into the room with Twilight not far behind.

“HEY STALLIONS!” Shining Armor called out with a huge smile on his face. “Look what I have!”

“It’s here it’s here it’s finally here!” Spike said as he was jumping up and down.

“What’s here?” Star Swirl asked.

“Power Ponies issue number 100,” Twilight answered. Hearing that Swift Sweep and Squeaky Clean ran over to look at the comic. “I found it at the bookstore and thought you’d all like to give it a read.”

“Well you’re right on that,” Squeaky said. “This is the last in the series.”

“Wasn’t that supposed to come out forever ago?” Stone Wall asked.

“Yeah,” Spike answered. “But the writer took an insanely long hiatus to work on some other projects. One that's a wrap up to another story, plus this one short story that was really out there but had a fun adventure with good romantic elements.”

“He also made that band of misfits story,” Swift Sweep said.

“Oh yeah that was really good,” Spike said. “He hinted that the story was going to get a sequel and I really hope that’s true, I love all those crazy characters.”

“The writer that made all those also wrote that trilogy of trilogies didn’t he?” Stone Wall asked. “I found those to be rather interesting reads.”

“Really?” Squeaky asked. “I mean they weren’t horrible but all those stories were just a bunch of misery with a bittersweet ending. Plus that weird romantic element that came completely out of left field.”

“True,” Stone Wall said. “But they also had heavy themes about redemption, and hopefully that’s something you can learn from.”

“...Oh,” Squeaky replied. “I see.”

“Well, I think that’s a really good way to look at it,” Swift Sweep said. “Even without the metaphor about the failures and disappointments of your past.”

Shortly after that Princess Celestia walked in. “Hello Twilight, feel like going on a little trip with me?”

“Of course,” Twilight said with excitement. “Where are we going?”

“The Crystal Empire,” Celestia answered. “I’m just going to have a chat with Princess Amore about how things have changed since her absence as a ruler. I thought it might be a good idea to have you there since you’ll be a ruler too very soon.”

“A trip to the Crystal Empire, that would be great. I can see Flurry Heart again.”

“Take a group of guards with you,” Stone Wall said.

“Of course,” Princess Celestia said to please her captain.

"And a scarf," Star Swirl added. "It can get cold at the Crystal Empire."

Celestia laughed a bit. "You still consider me your daughter. Even after Luna and I learned who our birth parents are."

"That changes nothing," Star Swirl said as he approached then hugged Princess Celestia. "You are my daughter, you will always be my daughter."

After getting some guards together, and a scarf, Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight flew out of the nearby window while the others took a look at the recent comic.

“So Princess Celestia,” Twilight asked when they were up in the air with the guards not too far behind.

“Yes Twilight,” Princess Celestia answered.

“Shouldn’t Princess Luna be coming as well?”

“...Yes. But, well she’s been avoiding me a lot lately.”

“Really? What did you do?”

“Why do you assume it’s my fault?!” Princess Celestia said defensively.

“Well is it?”

“…Yes. We got into a fight and…I said some things that I shouldn’t have. I really need to make it up to her.”

“Maybe just give her some space. That might be enough.”

“I hope so, I’d really prefer not to go into retirement with her still mad at me.”

***

“Thank you so much,” Princess Amore said after their chat. “I really appreciate all the help you’ve given me since I returned. As well as from my friends.” Princess Amore then gestured to the other 2 princesses to look over to the right who saw Gentleman Thief who had recently become a knight and was going by his real name again, Shard Seeker. Along with Clover the Clever and-

“SUNSET!” Princess Celestia yelled the moment she saw her old student.

After graduating Sunset came to visit Equestria for a while thinking it might help her figure out what to do next. She decided to visit the Crystal Empire yet again and was welcomed by Princess Amore after Sunset mentioned she used to be the student of Princess Celestia.

“Uh, hello,” Sunset said, unsure how else to reply.

Princess Celestia surprised Sunset Shimmer with another hug. “Are you doing alright?”

“Yes,” she replied. “Just seeing the sights.”

“Twilight you can go back now if you want, I’m going to catch up with Sunset.”

“You really don’t,” Sunset said as she tried to walk off.

“Nonsense,” Princess Celestia said. “We have so much time to make up for.”

“Twilight, would you like to come with me? I’m going to talk with Hope and Sombra.”

“That would be nice, thank you,” Twilight said before walking off with Princess Amore and Shard Seeker.

“What are you going to talk to Hope and Sombra about Princess Amore?” Twilight asked.

“Oh nothing really,” Princess Amore answered. “I just wanted to get away from those 2.”

“But why?”

“Isn’t it obvious Princess Twilight?” Princess Amore asked. “There is a lot of tension between those 2.”

As the others walked off Princess Celestia got on her knees to talk to Sunset eye to eye. “I know I already said this, but I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to push you away, not a day goes by that I don’t think about how things ended between us.”

Sunset didn’t say anything.

“Sunset, I want us to be close again. If there are still issues we need to talk about, I’m all ears.”

“How long?” Sunset asked.

“What?” Celestia asked.

Suddenly a bubble of silence appeared around the 2 ponies. “HOW LONG DID YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU REPLACED ME!” Sunset screamed at the top of her lungs. Princess Celestia was so blown back by the shock, she backed up to the edge of the bubble. “A week?! A day!?”

“Sunset, it wasn't like that.”

“You always said I was special, you said I could be a truly great pony. But after 1 fight, 1 fight after years of loyalty, you cast me out for somepony else.”

“I never meant to hurt you,” Celestia said. Sunset then popped the bubble and stormed off. Celestia decided to head back to Canterlot on her own and a few guards, she wanted to say more but that would have to wait.

***

“Wow,” Spike said as his group finished reading Power Ponies 100. “What an incredible ending.”

“Totally worth the wait,” Swift Sweep said.

“I know,” Squeaky agreed. “Every character arc got a good resolution, every major question got answered, every loose end tied up. Great endings don’t come much better than that.”

“Yes, I rather enjoyed it as well,” Stone Wall said with a smile.

“Kind of sad that the story finally came to an end though,” Squeaky said.

“Yeah,” Swift Sweep replied. “But that’s okay, that just means we make room for other stories.”

Squeaky then looked at the window. “Hey, do you think the princesses have been gone too long?”

“Perhaps,” Stone Wall answered. “Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know, I just got a bad feeling. I guess it couldn’t hurt to check.” Squeaky then changed into Super Stallion and suddenly he put his hooves to his ears. Twilight, still in the Crystal Empire, was pressing the button on her special bracelet like crazy.

“What’s wrong?” Stone Wall asked.

“I don’t know,” Super Stallion answered as he took his hooves out of his ears. “But I’m going to find out.” Super Stallion then flew off and in no time made it to the Crystal Empire and was shocked. An army of rogues were attacking the Crystal Empire, some of which Super Stallion recognized right away.

“Tirek? The Storm King? Nightmare Moon? But how can this be?” Super Stallion asked. “Better ask questions later.” Super Stallion then flew down, taking down the rogues left and right.

“Who the heck is this guy?” Tirek asked as he managed to get back up.

“Have you forgotten the beatings I already gave you Tirek?”

“What are you talking about?” Tirek asked. “I’ve never seen you before.”

“What?”

“Seriously, who is this guy?” Chrysalis asked.

“Well whoever he is, let's take him down,” Sombra said.

“Sombra?” Super Stallion asked. “But I thought you were a good stallion now.”

“I am,” Sombra said, who was with Hope, Shard, and Princess Amore. Super Stallion turned and saw him and was even more confused.

“What the? How can there be 2 Sombras?”

“Quite the sight, isn’t it?” Grogar said as he made himself known. “Super Stallion I presume.”

“And you must be the father of monsters himself, Grogar.”

“Yes and-”

“Talk later, beat you up now,” Super Stallion interrupted and then charged at Grogar. However Grogar blocked him with a barrier around his entire body inches away from it.

“I had a feeling you would attack me right out of the blue so I placed a protective barrier around myself for just such an occasion,” Grogar said with a smug smile.

“You know from this close up I can see you help very healthy teeth,” Super Stallion said with his face still against his Grogar’s barrier.

“I’ve been watching you and the other ponies for a while. You may have won against all the other obstacles in the past, but you’ll find defeating me to be much more challenging.” Grogar then expanded the barrier forcing Super Stallion back.

“Nice work,” a figure from behind Grogar said. “You really ragdolled that stallion.”

“Lead the attack on the Crystal Empire. I’ll keep him busy.” Grogar then leaped over to where Super Stallion was who got back up and shook his head.

“Okay you curled horned bull-”

“I’m a ram.”

“Whatever. Let’s see you try something like that again.”

“As you wish.” Grogar then sucker punched Super Stallion with a magic construct hammer that sent him flying.

“Well, that was something new,” Discord said after grabbing Super Stallion.

“Discord?” Super Stallion asked as he came to his senses. “What are you doing here?”

“I told you I wanted to be more involved and that’s what I’m doing. Here.” Discord put a sticker on Super Stallion’s uniform that dissolved into it.

“What was that?” Super Stallion asked.

“Something to protect you from the Bewitching Bell, so Grogar can’t just take your magic.” Discord then flew down to meet the father of monsters.

“So at long last we meet again, Discord,” Grogar said.

“Hello, father.”

“WHAT?!?!?” Super Stallion asked as he got back up. “That ram is your father?!”

“Yeah too bad we just started the chapter, that would make a really good cliffhanger.”

“He was meant to be my greatest creation, instead he became the ultimate disappointment.”

“Yeah well what are you going to do?” Discord asked.

“I was actually kind of hoping you’d ask that,” Grogar said to his son. “I arranged a little reunion.”

Suddenly a chill ran down Discord’s spine and he didn’t know why. Until a creature out of a nightmare and from his past rose from right behind Grogar and gave Discord the mother of all death glares. “Cosmos.”

“That’s right my dear Discord,” the creature said. “It’s so wonderful to see you again. Let’s spend a little quality time together.”

“Uh yeah, let’s not and say we did,” Discord said as he took a step back that Super Stallion noticed.

Wait, is he scared of her. Super Stallion thought to himself.

“Oh, but I want so badly to get my claws on you,” Cosmos said.

“Discord,” Super Stallion said. “Who is this…lady exactly?”

“Her name is Cosmos,” Discord answered. “She and I used to date, but we went through quite a nasty breakup.”

“You turned me into a star constellation,” Cosmos said. “Grogar had to go through quite a lot of trouble to free me and store my magic in these amulets on me. Don’t know why you wasted so much time with useless leftover rogues when you could have just used me.”

“I wanted to use every resource I could use.”

“Well all you need is me,” Cosmos replied. “I can take over this entire empire by myself. But first, my quality time.” Cosmos then lunged at Discord and the 2 quickly vanished, leaving Super Stallion alone with Grogar.

Or so he thought.

“Since you got to meet Cosmos, perhaps it’s only fair that I introduce you to my other associate, Super Stallion.”

“Well villains do love to monologue, who am I to break that cliche.”

Suddenly Super Stallion saw a storm creature and yet another unusual creature. “On my left is Clover, a storm creature that a while back was part of a group known as the Fearsome Foursome.”

“The Fearsome what?” Super Stallion asked with a laugh.

“Yes I know, it’s stupid,” Grogar said.

Clover huffed. “We were a team, but they all left me. Heart had a change of, well you know. Then Spade was convinced to join the royal guard after his sentence and even Diamond left to join a band of bird pirates. I was lost and hope forsaken, but Grogar freed me and gave me a chance to make a name for myself.”

“Yes, I found him and took him by my side. I know what it's like to be betrayed and abandoned,” Grogar said. “On my right is the one that helped but this entire invasion, Princess Eris.”

“So what’s your story?” Super Stallion asked as he turned to a tall female draconequus.

“I’m Discord’s cousin,” Princess Eris answered.

“And everything horrible just keeps coming back to him,” Super Stallion said with a huff.

“I’m his cousin, but I’m not the cousin of the Discord you know,” Eris continued.

“Come again?”

“I’m from an alternate universe.”

Suddenly Super Stallion recalled the other rogues he took down earlier. “Those villains are from alternate dimensions that you gathered together for an army.”

“Yes,” Eris answered. “How sharp of you to put that together so quickly.”

“Well it was kind of obvious with the alternate universe line,” Clover said.

“And let me guess,” Super Stallion said. “You’re telling me all this because you’re that confident that I won’t be able to stop you.”

“Correct again,” Grogar said.

“Well let me prove you wrong,” Super Stallion said as he charged at Grogar only to be stopped once again by the barrier. “Right, the barrier. Forgot.”

“This is the big threat you were so worried about?” Eris asked.

“I just got this fight off on the wrong foot.”

“And that’s how you’re going to end this fight as well,” Grogar said.

“Oh you are so macho,” Super Stallion said as he pulled his face off the barrier. “I can’t wait to pound that out of you.”

“You’ll die trying,” Grogar said as he got his Bewitching Bell ready but nothing happened. “What the?”

“Nice try but Discord took precautions so your bell isn’t going to work on me.” Super Stallion then started to punch the barrier like crazy and in no time at all broke it.

“What the?” Eris asked, shocked. “But how?”

“Got any more tricks you want to try out?”

“Oh I’m just getting warmed up,” Grogar said as he blasted Super Stallion dead on and forced him back. “I’ll deal with Super Stallion, you put the rest of our plan in motion.”

“Uh right,” Eris said. “Good plan.” Princess Eris then ran off as Super Stallion got back up.

“You definitely pack a mean punch. I shouldn’t expect anything less from the father of monsters.” Super Stallion flew at Grogar but surprised him by going around and blasted him from behind.

“How surprisingly sneaky of you,” Grogar said.

“Well attacking head on didn’t work so I had to try something else.”

“Well, let's see if you can do that with a lot more targets.” Suddenly Grogar made a lot more versions of himself appear around Super Stallion.

“Well, either you found other versions of you from alternate universes or-” Super Stallion flew around attacking the various Grogars. Each of which disappeared the moment he attacked them. Until he got to the real one who was forced back from the punch. “They’re all fakes.”

“Eris was right, you are sharp. But that won’t be enough to stop me.” Grogar fired a beam that Super Stallion dodged only to get hit by it anyway since it turned around and hit him in the back. “1 good sneak attack deserves another.”

“That actually packed quite a hit, chaos magic.”

“I was the one that created Discord after all.”

“No matter, I’ve endured chaos magic before I can do it again.”

“You’ve only managed to do that because of the Elements of Harmony which came from the Tree of Harmony. Both of which were destroyed by the Storm King.”

“Well, that’s only…I hate it when the bad guys make good points.” Grogar then charged at Super Stallion and rammed him through several buildings. “Wow those horns of yours deal quite some damage.”

“I’ve been planning this for a long time. I’ve readied my body as well as my mind, all for 1 thing, taking you down.”

Grogar and Super Stallion charged at each other and their clash caused a minor quake. “Why are you so focused on just taking me down?” Super Stallion asked as he and Grogar tried to push each other back.

“Because you have become a symbol of hope,” Grogar answered as he managed to push Super Stallion back a little bit. “With you defeated all that hope will be crumbled into dust and Equestria shall be all the more easier to conquer.”

“Ponies are stronger than you give them credit for,” Super Stallion said as he pushed Grogar back a little bit.

“Not without hope, for without hope there is only fear. And I do so love fear.”

“And I thought Discord had issues, I guess the orange doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

“Don’t you mean apple?”

“Orange just felt right.” Super Stallion and Grogar struggled more to push each other back.

“It seems that we are evenly matched,” Grogar said.

“Well now,” Super Stallion said before going into hyper mode, shocking Grogar. “I wouldn’t say that.”

Grogar was forced to the other side of the Crystal Empire with 1 blast. Despite that he still managed to stand on his hooves. “As usual hope isn’t so easy to break.”

“When you try to break it, it only gets stronger,” Super Stallion said as he hovered over Grogar.

“But when you do manage to break it, that makes it all the easier for fear to spread.”

“Well you won’t be spreading it here,” Super Stallion said. “You’re completely outmatched now that I’m using my hyper mode.”

“Yes, ironic isn’t it? We were both holding back.”

“What?” Super Stallion asked as a bit of fear made its way into his heart. Suddenly Grogar was surrounded by shadows and he quickly emerged out of them revealing his new form. Grogar was bipedal with a beard and his horns went from round to hook like hanging over his head.

“Now,” Grogar said. “Let’s try this again shall we?”

Super Stallion was punched so hard he fell to the other side of the Crystal Empire and even further back.

“He has a hyper mode too?! And here I was thinking that fighting the creature that became the source of generations of nightmares and frightening fairy tales would be easy,” Super Stallion said as he got back up to see Grogar was right there.

“Give up or are you hungry for more?”

“Does this answer your question?” Super Stallion said as he blasted Grogar with the strongest magical beam he could muster right in his chest. However Grogar endured it and concentrated chaos magic into his fist and punched Super Stallion in the gut.

“Yes,” Grogar answered right before he sent Super Stallion flying again.

Super Stallion managed to regain himself while up in the air and saw that the Crystal Empire was in quite the disarray from the army from alternate universes. “This doesn’t look good. I better stop Grogar now and help the crystal ponies force this army back.”

“Easier said than done,” Grogar said as he flew over to Super Stallion. “I've pushed myself to my limits and beyond all for the sake of 1 thing and 1 thing alone, revenge.”

“But why take revenge on the Crystal Empire? They had nothing to do with what happened to you.”

“Well then I suppose it’s about 2 things,” Grogar answered. “Revenge and control. When the Crystal Empire is taken out, it’ll be that much easier for us to take control of Equestria. And after that I can move on to every Equestria throughout space and time. Everything will be under my control.”

“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You’re not taking over everything as long as I’m around.”

“A problem that I’m planning to fix, right now.”

Super Stallion and Grogar then fired beams of magic at each other and they started to clash. Once again the ground, despite the battle being so far above it, started shaking from the battle of these juggernauts of power.

“You won’t win,” Super Stallion said as he charged his beam forward. So much it nearly hit Grogar.

“Does it scare you?” Grogar asked calmly despite the energy blast being mere inches away from him.

“What?” Super Stallion asked as he tried to push the blast forward.

“The fact that you can’t beat me.”

“You haven’t won yet.”

“It’s only a matter of time.” Suddenly images flashed before Super Stallion’s eyes. He saw his friends laying on the ground with Grogar on top of them. He saw Canterlot castle crumble into pieces and a dark castle taking its place.

“What’s going on?” Super Stallion asked, not knowing that his beam was getting pushed back.

“You’re seeing what I’m going to do to this land you ponies took from me,” Grogar answered.

“This was never your land, it always belonged to ponies. You just randomly declared yourself emperor of all you saw, seriously who does that?!”

“I did that,” Grogar answered as his magic beam pushed forward more. “I swore that I would take back what was mine no matter what.” Grogar’s beam then pushed forward even more. “Does that frighten you?”

“What?”

“Losing to me, Equestria being under my control once again, everything you fought so hard for was for nothing.”

“I’m not scared of you.”

“But they are,” Grogar said as he looked down at the Crystal Empire. The copies of Grogar were relentless in their attack. What little resistance they offered was quickly dealt with and the crystal ponies were in utter terror. “I can feel it from up here.”

“Feel what?”

“The fear,” Grogar answered. “That’s what makes controlling other creatures so easy. Fear is absolute, fear is infinite, fear is power.” Super Stallion found himself trembling and suddenly Grogar’s beam forced his way right into Super Stallion and forced him into the ground as Grogar laughed wickedly.

“No,” Super Stallion said after his hyper mode faded away he plummeted and made the biggest crater he has ever made in a fight. As he picked himself up he recalled his fight with Discord all those years ago. “Like father, like son.”

Suddenly as if on cue Discord after finally managing to get away from Cosmos appeared next to Super Stallion. “We have to get out of here,” Discord said.

“What?” Super Stallion asked. “But the Crystal Empire-”

“Neither of us are in any condition to fight and we definitely won’t help if we get captured.”

“But there has to be something we can do.”

“There is. We can run away.”

“But-”

“He who turns and runs away can live to fight another day.”

“...Alright,” Super Stallion said after swallowing his pride for a little bit. “Get us out of here.”

“I was going to do that anyway,” Discord said as he teleported Super Stallion away. He then saw Cosmos again and ran off as Grogar dropped down.

“Got away?” Grogar asked as he looked around and saw no trance of the superhero. “No matter, fear has sunk in. He will fall like all the others.”

***

Princess Celestia was alone in her chambers finishing the last few things on her to-do list before she could finally retire. As she left she saw her sister Princess Luna walking down the hall. “Oh hello Luna-” was all she could say before Luna turned around and proceeded down the other way. Before Princess Celestia could go after her Super Stallion appeared next to her.

“Oh my everything,” Super Stallion said as he was on the floor.

“Super Stallion?” Princess Celestia said as she ran over to pick Super Stallion up a little. “What happened?”

“Let’s just say that the whole helping the Crystal Empire went wrong, horribly wrong.”

Princess Celestia quickly took Super Stallion inside her chambers to put him on their bed. Once inside Squeaky Clean took the sphere off and quickly explained to Celestia what happened when he went to the Crystal Empire. “Wow, you had it rough.”

“Yeah, and that would be putting it mildly,” Squeaky said.

“But what about Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“Oh my gosh!” Squeaky said as he stood on top of the bed. “Twilight, she was still in the Crystal Empire when Grogar attacked.” Squeaky then ran towards the door and gestured to his wife to follow. “Come on, we gotta get a group back together and back there.”

Suddenly Squeaky threw the chamber doors open and was shocked to see Twilight Sparkle just on the other side. “Uh hello.”

“Twilight?” Squeaky said as Celestia joined him. “I thought you were in the Crystal Empire.”

“I was,” Twilight answered. “But Discord helped us escape.”

“Us?” Celestia asked and Twilight moved to show the others she was with when Discord got her out of the Crystal Empire. Princess Amore, Clover the clever, the reformed Sombra, his friend Hope, Shard the knight, Sunset Shimmer, Shining Armor, Cadance, and Flurry Heart.

“Discord was able to help us get out and then he said he went to help Super Stallion,” Twilight said.

“That’s the 1 thing I don’t get,” Princess Celestia said. “Shouldn’t Discord have been able to handle most of the invasion?” Suddenly as if on cue, again. Discord appeared out of breath and barely able to walk. “Discord?”

“I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT CELESTIA!” Discord said as he walked off and Twilight ran after to try to help him.

“Sunset, do you know what happened-”

“I’m gonna go help Twilight,” Sunset interrupted and then followed Twilight.

“That was the worst offscreen or rather offchapter fight I’ve ever been in,” Discord said with a groan as he collapsed to the ground. Suddenly a bed appeared, including a blanket and pillow.

“Wow,” Sunset said. “That was impressive.”

“Thanks,” Twilight replied. “Just a little chaos magic.”

“So what should we do?”

“We should go talk to Princess Celestia about what happened.”

“Uhh,” Sunset said as her eyes started to go back and forth.

“Or I could just talk to her.”

“Yes please.”

***

Princess Celestia had the group come together along with Princess Luna, Star Swirl the Bearded, Cozy Glow, Stone Wall who was surprised Flurry Heart didn’t hug his face, and Spike. News of the attack reached even the Dragon Lands so he came by right away and was glad to see Twilight was alright. There they tried to think of a plan on how to stop Grogar.

“Are you sure Grogar didn’t mention anything about a weakness his bell might have had?” Clover asked.

“For the 3rd time, yes,” Cozy Glow answered. “All I know is that it can take and store magic, can’t be destroyed, and can’t be used on Grogar.”

“Something I don’t understand is why would Grogar lead such a crazy attack,” Shining Armor said. “It didn’t seem like a planned out way to attack enemy territory. He made copies of himself and they were just attacking randomly.”

“It’s because he wanted the crystal ponies to be afraid,” Princess Amore said. “He wants all of us to be afraid. Wherever he finds fear he grows stronger.”

“She’s right,” Celestia said. “The same way a strong friendship can create magic, a shared fear feeds strength to whatever is feared.”

“Well we’re not scared,” Swift Sweep said.

“We’re not?” Cozy asked.

“No, because we all haven’t worked hard to maintain balance and harmony just for some creature to take all that away,” Swift continued. “Even if it is the father of monsters.”

“Well said Prince Swift Sweep,” Stone Wall said. “But we’re going to need a plan on how to take down Grogar. Any ideas?”

“Well…What about the Isle of the Ancients?” Cozy Glow suggested. “That’s where he was born wasn’t he? Maybe if we go there we can find some sort of clue on how to stop him.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Stone Wall said. “But if we all go, it’s going to be hard to protect Equestria.”

“I could just go myself,” Cozy said. “It would probably just be faster anyway.”

“Perhaps but somepony should go with you all the same.”

“I could go,” Princess Amore said. “I’d really like to explore a place I thought only existed in legend.”

“Then maybe I should escort you as well,” Shard said.

“Alright,” Princess Amore said. “The 3 of us should be more than enough.”

“Speaking of places beyond Equestria,” Twilight said. “Perhaps we should ask for help from the changelings and the hippogriffs. Their unique powers might be able to prove useful to us.”

“And I bet I can convince quite a few dragons to help us out,” Spike said.

“That’s not a bad idea,” Princess Luna said.

“And I can go beyond that by going to get my friends,” Sunset said. “Our magic would be quite useful.”

“Those are all good ideas,” Squeaky said. “Anypony else have any ideas?”

“I think I should look into how the enemy brought more enemies from other universes,” Star Swirl said. “Maybe if I figure out how they brought them here, I can figure out how to put them back.”

“That would really help dwindle their numbers,” Hope said. “Plus we managed to grab the crystal heart before we were teleported here. It might prove useful here.”

“It might be a little tricky, but we can probably think of something,” Sombra said.

“Well alright,” Squeaky said. “Let’s get to work on all of these ideas, the more we have to throw at Grogar the better.”

The group then went their separate ways preparing for the fight to come. Star Swirl went to study his notes and then suddenly Swift Sweep ran over to join him. “Hey Star Swirl, do you mind if I join you?”

“Not at all,” Star Swirl answered. “But may I ask why?”

“Yes you may.”

An awkward silence passed.

Star Swirl huffed. “Why?”

“Well all that talk about enemies from different dimensions gave me an idea on something we can try that could help us get the edge.”

As the 2 walked off the only ones that stayed were Sombra and Hope to discuss what to do with the heart. As they talked Spike joined them to their surprise. “Maybe you can sneak back into the Crystal Empire and use the heart to force Grogar back and then we can rally the crystal ponies. With me there it could be easy right?”

“I suppose that’s 1 idea,” Hope said.

“Yeah but before we do that,” Sombra said as he faced Spike. “Since I have the chance to say this, sorry about the whole almost killing you with that curse a while back.

Another awkward silence passed.

“An-d you made it awkward,” Hope said.

***

“What do you mean they got away with the Crystal Heart?” Grogar asked Clover while they and Cosmos were in the center of the Crystal Empire.

“Uh, what do you think he means boss?” Cosmos asked.

“I told you to go for the heart first,” Grogar said. “I told both of you, every symbol of hope must be destroyed. Every chance of victory they have must be crushed.”

“I’m sorry Grogar,” Clover said.

“Can’t we always just crush it later?” Cosmos said as she had a crystal pony wrapped in her tail that was crying out for help.

“Please,” the pony pleaded. “Let me go!”

“But if I did, I couldn’t hear your screams of fear and terror,” Cosmos answered as she grinned a sadistic smile. The crystal pony had to fight the urge to wet himself, mostly because that would probably upset Cosmos.

“So what’s the plan now boss?” Clover asked.

“You ask that as if something has changed,” Grogar replied. “Nothing has, we’re going to press the attack on Canterlot. So get our forces ready, we attack at dawn.”

“Uh isn’t that too early?” Cosmos asked. “I mean it’s already getting rather late so if we attack at dawn we’ll have to get up before dawn. So we aren’t going to get a whole lot of sleep-”

“Alright fine,” Grogar interrupted. “We’ll attack around noon. Is that better?”

“Much better thank you,” Cosmos answered.

***

Back at Canterlot Twilight was with Stone Wall working on protecting the city from an attack everypony was sure was happening. As they were brainstorming, Shining Armor approached his sister and former captain.

“Something on your mind BBBFF?”

“Well I just thought maybe I could help think up a plan? After all, I did help a lot with improving castle security.”

“Appreciate the thought but no,” Stone Wall answered. “Twilight and I have it covered. You should be with your wife and child right now.”

“As much as I’d like to make a plan with you, Shining Armor I think Stone Wall has a point there. But thanks anyway.” Twilight then walked away with Stone Wall leaving Shining Armor all by himself.

“But Twily,” Shining Armor said to himself. “We never get to hang out anymore.” Shining Armor made his way over to his family and to Stone Wall’s surprise they were next greeted by none other than the pony of pop herself, Sapphire Shores.

“Why are you here?” Stone Wall asked. “I mean it’s not that I don’t want you here, I'd love to have you here because…Is there something you needed?”

“I just came to visit,” Sapphire answered as she batted her eyes. “But then when a guard told me you were helping the princess with an upcoming fight with the father of monsters of all things, well needless to say I was worried.”

Stone Wall then looked over at the guard that escorted her to him and Princess Twilight. “I told you and the other guards not to tell the public about Grogar to not cause a panic.” Stone Wall stared furiously and the guard’s throat went dry.

“I wasn’t going to tell her but,” the guard said before pausing. “She wanted to know where you were and she said she could tell I was hiding something and…She promised an autograph. I’m weak captain, I’m weak.”

“Oh my gosh turn down the water works,” Stone Wall replied with an eye roll.

“Don’t be so hard on him,” Sapphire said. “Very few can resist my charms. Including you.”

Stone Wall blushed and turned his head in an attempt to hide it which Twilight, Sapphire, and even the guard laughed at. “Well anyway you can go back to your patrol.”

“Seriously don’t be so hard on him,” Sapphire said as she got behind Stone Wall. “How about a little back rub, that should help you relax.”

“I don’t have time-” Stone Wall stopped as Sapphire started her massage. “Wow, that does feel good.”

Unfortunately Stone Wall wouldn’t get too much time to relax as soon after that Grogar began his attack. Or rather Cosmos began it. “Oh Discord, come out, come out wherever you are,” she said as she wrapped herself nearly around the entire mountain.

“Oh why didn’t I throw her in a black hole?” Discord asked as he was hiding in the castle.

“Why do you hide Discord?” Cosmos asked as her head was right above the royal city. “Why run or hide from this? Don’t you understand? We were literally made for each other!?”

“Excuse me,” Swift Sweep said, which got the attention of Cosmos.

“Uh can I help you little pony? Very little pony.”

“I’m Swift Sweep and listen, I get you and your significant other are having a few issues, but you’re making a scene here.”

“Well suppose you have a point,” Cosmos answered as she shrank down to her regular size. “How about I just make a giant mallet appear and use it to make you as flat as a pancake?”

“Well that sounds rather needlessly hostile don’t you think?”

“Yeah,” Cosmos answered before making the mallet appear. “But that’s why I like the idea.” Cosmos then tried again and again to whack Swift Sweep with the mallet but again and again Swift Sweep dodged.

“Well come on,” Clover called out. “Let’s not let her have all the fun.” The army of rogues then charged Canterlot. Shining Armor tried to use his spell to force them out by Grogar rammed the barrier and smashed it into pieces.

“Forward march,” Grogar called out as he led the army Eris helped gather across space and time.

“So we just attack and wreck the place like last time,” a Tirek from another universe asked.

“Yes,” Grogar answered.

“Alright let’s finish what the Storm King started,” Clover called out ready to wreck the whole city.

“Alright we prepared for this,” Stone Wall called out to the guards. “Have the public evacuated?”

“Everypony except for the pop singer clinging to your legs,” a female guard answered.

“Good,” Stone Wall replied. “On that note, Sapphire let go of my leg.”

The guards couldn’t help but chuckle a bit as she did as Stone Wall asked. “Sorry, I just wanted to hold on to a big strong stallion. Makes a lady feel nice and safe. So what’s the plan?”

“You leave with the rest of the public,” Stone Wall answered. Which made Sapphire wrap herself around Stone Wall.

“Not going to happen,” Sapphire answered. “Mostly because of that.” Sapphire then pointed out the window that showed the army of rogues had already made it near the center of the city.

Stone Wall huffed. “We’re really gonna have our work cut out for us today.” Stone Wall turned to face the royal guard. “LISTEN UP! We’re facing a literal army of evil out there, but you’ve trained and I’ve seen you push yourselves to be your best.”

“Even me?” Zephyr Breeze asked who had recently joined the guard and didn’t quit because Stone Wall wouldn’t let him.

“Yes, the odds are against us, but that never stopped Princess Twilight or Super Stallion. The ladder taught me how important it is to never give up how matter how hopeless it seems. While the former taught me you can accomplish truly amazing things with teamwork.” The guards couldn’t help but be inspired by their captain’s words. “Now get out there, and make me proud.”

The guards then cheered and ran out of the castle like crazy rather surprising the army of rogues which gave them a bit of an advantage. Super Stallion quickly joined the fight ready for a rematch with Grogar, but first saw Cosmos still trying to hit Swift Sweep.

“STAND STILL ALREADY!” Cosmos yelled.

“Uh no thanks,” Swift Sweep replied. “I’ve been hit on the head enough.”

“Well when I want to hit something,” Cosmos paused before making many mallets appear. “I want to hit something.”

Swift Sweep then got out his trusty broom. “Don’t make me have to use this.”

“What are you going to do? Sweep my floor?” Cosmos asked and then suddenly Swift Sweep whacked her right in the face with the broom. Cosmos wanted to counter attack but the dust in the broom got in her eyes as well as her nose, making her eyes run as she sneezed like crazy.

Swift Sweep looked around and saw the guards fighting the rogues. “I think I better make it back to the castle,” he said before flying off.

“Hey come back here,” Cosmos said. Or at least that’s what she would have said if some of the dust hadn’t gone down her throat and she could barely talk from all the coughing.

Super Stallion came down and grabbed Swift Sweep by his shirt and flew him to the castle. “I know you can fly but do you mind if I give you a lift?”

“Not at all, things look serious out here.”

“Yeah, but maybe if I can just take out Grogar the rest will lose morale.”

“Easier said than done,” Grogar said, who had already transformed and had Eris standing next to him. “You will fall, Super Stallion.”

“Do you have any idea how many rogues have already said that to me?” Super Stallion asked.

“They weren’t me,” Grogar replied.

“Wow, that was a great line,” Swift Sweep said.

“By the way,” Eris said. “Grogar has plans after all this. Big plans. Once we take over this world, we’re going to other worlds.” Eris then made portals appear all around Canterlot showing various worlds across the multiverse. “Because why stop at just 1. Just think of all of the chaos. It gives me goosebumps.”

“Yes,” Grogar replied again. “I look forward to it as well.”

“Are you kidding me?” Super Stallion asked. “You’re going to drive the entire multiverse into chaos just for revenge.”

“I told you, it’s not just revenge, it’s control. And there is no better way to control others than through fear. Fear is absolute!”

Suddenly more images appeared in Super Stallion’s as well as in Swift Sweep’s mind. They saw worlds upon worlds falling under Grogar’s control. They saw other versions of Grogar that were joining him. “I-I won’t let this happen,” Super Stallion said.

“What?” Grogar asked.

“I won’t let it happen! I’ll die before I let it happen!” Super Stallion said.

“What?” Grogar asked again. “How can you say that after failing to defeat me last time?”

“Well, it’s like you said. I’m the symbol of hope, what kind of hope symbol would I be if I just gave up.”

“He has a point,” Swift Sweep said.

“It makes no difference to me,” Grogar said. “You will fall soon enough.” Grogar jumped at Super Stallion to punch him. But Super Stallion went into hyper mode and managed to block the punch with a barrier he managed to put up with just his aura and then expanded it, forcing Grogar into the ground.

“Turnabout is fair play,” Super Stallion said as he landed and put Swift Sweep down. “Can you make it back to the castle on your-” Super Stallion was cut off when Grogar came back and stomped his head into the ground.

“Uh we were in the middle of a conversation,” Swift Sweep said. Super Stallion forced himself back up ready to attack. But before he could Grogar blasted him and Swift Sweep point blank forcing them through a building.

“Swift Sweep!” Super Stallion said as he checked on his friend who hit his head on the recently made rubble.

“I understand now,” Swift Sweep said as he opened his eyes and looked at Super Stallion.

“What?” Super Stallion said.

“I understand why Stone Wall said you had the heart of a hero, you didn’t hesitate to fight despite everything.” Swift Sweep then looked over to Grogar who was approaching. “His heart is filled with hate, but your heart is filled with love. Let it guide you.”

“..I will Swift Sweep, thank you.” Super Stallion said as he turned around to face Grogar.

“And don’t worry I can get back to the castle on my own.”

Super Stallion flew straight at Grogar who was so surprised he didn’t counter the hoof right to hit face. Grogar tried to blast him but Super Stallion literally flew circles around him. Super Stallion then bucked Grogar so hard he flew and Super Stallion went after him. Grogar saw Super Stallion approach and they exchanged hits that shook the whole mountain before they were both forced back.

“You won’t win,” Grogar said.

“So you keep saying,” Super Stallion said before flying at Grogar again. Grogar tried to blast him with chaos magic but he endured it and hit Grogar before blasting him point blank. Grogar was barely able to endure it. “What’s the matter, scared?”

“Me? Scared? HOW DARE YOU!” Suddenly Super Stallion was concentrating his rainbow aura to his chest. “What are you doing?”

“You ask a lot of questions, you know that? I’m going to focus all the power I have into 1 shot to take you down.”

“All of it? You’re crazy!”

“Yeah, I guess I am.”

“Fine, I’ll match you on that,” Grogar then concentrated all his power as well.

Super Stallion and Grogar flew at each other before clashing power and then a blinding flash of magic went across the sky.

PreviousChapters Next